Jeten do ta fal ty

Lot i pathare ndricoje kete nate
Sonte kumbo prej shpirtit pa fjale
Vetem nje cast dhimbja te me ndale
Ky lot i pathare nje dite do shteroje
Nga puthjet e zjarrta qe enderroi
Ne ate cast dhimbja do ndaloje

Videos:
Reaction Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwe_IuuCpGU)

Fluke
9th April 2017, 22:23
I wish they would try something else. They're very good at what they're doing, but they should give something else a chance, they've practically sent the same entry for the last four years now!

jimijoop
14th April 2017, 01:28
The winner of Kenga Magjike

Romeo
6th September 2017, 22:44
Did I dream this or....

The TV channel announced months ago that they would not be using FiK because they want another contest to select the entry..

Was it a dream? or was it another country that I am thinking of?

joancamo
1st October 2017, 02:05
Why Albania hasn't confirmed yet? What's going on? :(

AlekS
2nd October 2017, 11:57
Albania is in: http://esctoday.com/149320/albania-rtsh-confirms-participation-eurovision-2018/

GianlucaTomoe
2nd October 2017, 20:35
Elhaida Dani's new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Vko5nNYfU

NickWilde
6th October 2017, 22:39
Who's impatient for Festivali I Kėngės Nė RTSH 56 ?

Yesterday, the RTSH have published the registration procedures. I know registration will do on the Radio Tirana local between November 2nd and 10th. So it gives times to compose their song and record on the CD

joancamo
7th October 2017, 15:26
I'm so happy Albania confirmed :)
But I'm not really sure if they should continue to choose their entry with Festivali I Kėngės :/ as it seems that for the last few (with the exceptions of Rona and Elhaida) have worked

hunty73
7th October 2017, 22:53
I'm so happy Albania confirmed :)
But I'm not really sure if they should continue to choose their entry with Festivali I Kėngės :/ as it seems that for the last few (with the exceptions of Rona and Elhaida) have worked

People use to think the same about Sanremo yet now Italy probably have the highest quality entries and have entered the premier league of selection shows (even though its not really a selection show).Festivali I Kėngės is a fantastic event and is a highlight of xmas.I think the answer is to change the jury.People aim to win the show,and that isnt the same as a good ESC song.With some jury changes though you could end up like Sanremo has.Jury winners get top 3 rightly so,but televote winners with broad appeal tend to win.Sanremo has stuck to its roots,provides wonderful artistry,yet manages to be contemporary as well.Albania can move in the same direction.Losing FIK would ruin xmas for me.

tuorem
8th October 2017, 17:13
People use to think the same about Sanremo yet now Italy probably have the highest quality entries and have entered the premier league of selection shows (even though its not really a selection show).Festivali I Kėngės is a fantastic event and is a highlight of xmas.I think the answer is to change the jury.People aim to win the show,and that isnt the same as a good ESC song.With some jury changes though you could end up like Sanremo has.Jury winners get top 3 rightly so,but televote winners with broad appeal tend to win.Sanremo has stuck to its roots,provides wonderful artistry,yet manages to be contemporary as well.Albania can move in the same direction.Losing FIK would ruin xmas for me.

I agree, Festivali I Kėngės should keep going. The comparison with Sanremo is very apropos imo, Albania has a true musical identity, which is thankfully showcased at this annual event.

But more importantly, Albanians should think twice before revamping the winning song a certain way imo. In the past, they managed to give their entries a nice varnish for Eurovision ("Carry Me In Your Dreams" and "It's All About You" come to mind), but they also messed up some years (Fairytale was a mess compared to Pėrrallė, for instance; "Feel The Passion" and "One Anger's Night" also divided people, "World" wasn't a good upgrade).

Apart from considering bringing Albanian language back to Eurovision (which I'd love to because it's so musical), they should re-think their way of adapting their songs to the contest format. Sometimes, all it takes is tweaks, not automatic complete reorchestrations. In recent years, I feel like they "blandified" their entries by removing all the interesting elements of the original versions. It's no wonder to me that they struggle to impress these days, despite their huge potential and numerous talents.

Realest
13th November 2017, 18:47
Just found this:

https://s17.postimg.org/5blbsp40f/23591979_779748565561109_6997208177898172604_o.jpg

usaorest
13th November 2017, 19:30
Just found this:

https://s17.postimg.org/5blbsp40f/23591979_779748565561109_6997208177898172604_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpp1Y3wHCh4

here is a video with names of composers and authors as well

CaraMia
13th November 2017, 20:15
*Secretly rooting for Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli because I would like to finally see her in ESC and at the same time I would like Albania to send a man to break the tradition of only sending women*

EscGeek
13th November 2017, 20:22
cool, Lynx are back... xcheer
i hope they haven't changed their musical style

JonnyWest
24th November 2017, 01:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLxveBJvMA

We need Kenga Magjike as the ::al NF asap , but with the acts singing live pls xheat

Uvaro
5th December 2017, 13:03
all of the songs have been uploaded to rtsh's youtube channel xlisten2

https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioTvShqiptar/videos

Realest
5th December 2017, 14:16
The male-songs are all average to bad. ::al will definitely send again a female Singer. Inis, Artemise, Orgesa or Lorela should win.

AlekS
5th December 2017, 14:45
My faves:

Denisa Gjezo - she looks like Tamara (Georgia 2017), probably the most modern song of a whole bunch.

Xhesika Polo - I like it more than her previous entry. I hope she delivers live this time.

Inis - C'mon little Christina, snatch that victory)) But the song is dated as hell. If she wins I hope they will choose something else for her.

Uvaro
5th December 2017, 14:49
orgesa >>>

hunty73
5th December 2017, 14:50
Inis Neziri might have a good shot at this.She won Gjeniui I Vogel 5 and hasnt really done much since.Thats was a surprise really as she was a talented winner,and probably the most talented to come out of the Albanian talent shows.Looks like she has a team here who know how to work the orchestra at a Fik and the song structure and melody are pretty much designed for a Fik where songs that build with a strong chord progression tend to challenge the win.
Eugent Bushpepa might be a darkhorse.Hard to know if it will work with the orchestra,but done right might do ok.
The others will probably come down to if they can inject some life with the orchestra.Rezarta has a Fik by numbers song that plays to her talents,and even has the infamous Fik guitar in the melody.In a weak year she should do well.
Looking with an ESC hat on the producers might be looking at whats on offer here and thinking we really really need Inis to take this.The song is designed to do just that.

Dodiih
5th December 2017, 18:06
*Secretly rooting for Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli because I would like to finally see her in ESC and at the same time I would like Albania to send a man to break the tradition of only sending women*

They are my favourites so far... and Inis Neziri :)

Sammy
5th December 2017, 18:10
Inis, Denisa or Xhesika are exactly the kind of entries Albania has sent now for several years in a row - nice girl, great voice, power ballad to showcase the vocal abilities. But not a stand out, rather a bit boring tbh. If they are clever, they go in a different direction.

The rest of the line-up did not at all impress me, with one exception: Artemisa Mithi - E dua boten. Send her, KEEP IT IN ALBANIAN(!) and give it a great staging.

Odalis
5th December 2017, 19:01
Is there any info on why one song is absent? (Manjola Nallbani – «I njejti qiell»)

Uvaro
5th December 2017, 19:34
Is there any info on why one song is absent? (Manjola Nallbani – «I njejti qiell»)

it was up earlier, so i think there might have just been a problem with the video

Odalis
5th December 2017, 19:47
it was up earlier, so i think there might have just been a problem with the video

That's a relief, thx!

hunty73
5th December 2017, 21:57
Inis, Denisa or Xhesika are exactly the kind of entries Albania has sent now for several years in a row - nice girl, great voice, power ballad to showcase the vocal abilities. But not a stand out, rather a bit boring tbh. If they are clever, they go in a different direction.

The rest of the line-up did not at all impress me, with one exception: Artemisa Mithi - E dua boten. Send her, KEEP IT IN ALBANIAN(!) and give it a great staging.

The problem with Artemisa is she isnt very good live.If there are Albanian's on here they might remember better than me but i think she got knocked out of The Voice in the first round.Could be wrong on that,but her performances were nothing more than a club singer really.She will need to handle the Fik pressure and might be swamped by more talented acts
The best result at ESC would probably be Eugent Bushepa or Inis with a better song and i think they might fight this out.Eugent has bags of potential if he can keep the energy live and work the orchestra in well.Inis should be very slick.Her song has a structure that usually works,but is dated and if the jury spot that they might down vote her.
Looking forward to it as always.

Sammy
5th December 2017, 22:18
The problem with Artemisa is she isnt very good live.If there are Albanian's on here they might remember better than me but i think she got knocked out of The Voice in the first round.Could be wrong on that,but her performances were nothing more than a club singer really.She will need to handle the Fik pressure and might be swamped by more talented acts
The best result at ESC would probably be Eugent Bushepa or Inis with a better song and i think they might fight this out.Eugent has bags of potential if he can keep the energy live and work the orchestra in well.Inis should be very slick.Her song has a structure that usually works,but is dated and if the jury spot that they might down vote her.
Looking forward to it as always.

I can't really contradict you on that, cuz I haven't seen her on The Voice. But think of Azerbaijan 2 years ago, when you heard her in her videos, her vocals were horrendous! But with the right tuning, mixing and backing vocals, they truly made a miracle (or at least gave the impression :mrgreen: )
I quite liked the voice of Eugent, but like you I think he would need a better song.

ZoboCamel
6th December 2017, 12:48
Inis Nezeri's entry sounds precisely like every other FiK winner ever, so I will be surprised if it fails to win :lol: In all seriousness, though, it's not a bad song.

A few others interest me too, but I need some more time with the lineup, and a lot of FiK tends to come down to how well the acts use the orchestra on the night.

EscGeek
6th December 2017, 18:45
I've picked my winner.. it's Lynx again xcheer
there are few other songs worth mentioning, i'll post it later..

GO LYNX!!!! :mrgreen:

NicoRobin
6th December 2017, 18:59
I like the song of Inis Nezeri !

JChan
7th December 2017, 01:21
i LOVEEE LUIZ EJLLI & REZARTA SMAJA - RA NJĖ YLL.
that is all xheart

nekoisneko
7th December 2017, 09:03
My top 3:

Mall
Ngrije Zerin
Perjete

Piedestal is.... okay-ish

Kaz
7th December 2017, 10:09
Ngrije Zerin is fricken amazing. Absolutely my number one.

Other good songs:
Piedestal
Perjete
E Dua Boten
Mall (Very Mumford-and-Sons like)
Zemer Ku Je
Ra Nje Yll

I also really like Festina Mejzini's voice although the song is not very good.

EscGeek
7th December 2017, 20:22
so i went through them all twice now and my top 6 looks like this xup

::12 LYNX "Vonė"
::10 Ergi Bregu "Bum bum"
::8 Artemisa Mithi "E dua botėn"
::7 Inis Neziri "Piedestal"
::6 Manjola Nallbani "I njėjti qiell"
::5 Evans Rama "Gjurmėt"

DaFlo
7th December 2017, 20:25
E Dua Boten / Ngrije Zerin are my favs

When is this NF again?

EscGeek
7th December 2017, 20:29
When is this NF again?
this month:)
sf1 - 21st
sf2 - 22nd
final - 23rd

EscTurkey
8th December 2017, 22:25
These songs are either mediocre or bad.
None of them stand a chance of winning.
They aren't trying enough, some of them are too amateur.
I want Albania to win one day, but they need to go for other genres and more memorable songs.
Mall is the only one that could at least go to ESC final maybe.

Use Kenga Magjike and just cancel FiK.
I don't know why there is so much gap between the quality of both contests.
Are the producers different or sth?

A-lister
9th December 2017, 12:27
Use Kenga Magjike and just cancel FiK.
I don't know why there is so much gap between the quality of both contests.
Are the producers different or sth?

I think FiK is simply stuck in the past that is...

DanielLuis
9th December 2017, 16:22
Yeah, RTSH needs to realize that FiK needs major changes or else they're not going anywhere while they have it as NF

Zorjan
11th December 2017, 17:10
Wow, I just listened to all of the songs, and I love nearly all of them! :o Albania will probably end in the top of my final ranking yet again...
I don't understand why people are so thrilled by Melodifestivalen, when FiK is way better just about every year :o

RainyWoods
13th December 2017, 14:09
I've only listened to a couple of the songs so far (shame on me to be honest), but i've got to say OH MY GOSH please let this finally be Rezarta Smaja's year. Her song is all kinds of slayage. It's a phenomenal blend of everything I love about Festivali i Kėngės and Rezarta. It's delivering drama, "holy sh*t did they just go there?" melody and of course it wouldn't be Albania without the awesome rock guitar. When I saw she had yet another duet, I was a bit skeptical and ever so slightly disappointed, as I selfishly just want Rezarta performing on stage by herself with no one there to share the limelight (also i'm not crazy for duets most of the time), but once again it's a duo that works extremely well. I can't wait to see this live. It's going to be even better. The way Rezarta's voice soars so effortlessly gives me goosebumps. It's a force of nature. I live for the way she sings. No crazy vocal acrobatics needed, just raw power. She rocks! And Luiz is fantastic here too. Goodness, i'm so hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6CX20WVg5Y

Ranking Rezarta's entries so far:

1. Mė rrembe (possibly my favourite NF song of all time that didn't make it to Eurovision)
2. Ra njė yll
3. Nė zemėr
4. Ti?
5. Dashuri nė pėrjetėsi
6. Pse prite gjatė

I don't celebrate Christmas anymore to be honest. December for me has now come to mean Rezarta Smaja worship monthxbow Can't wait to ditch my family again for Festivali i Kėngėsxheart

PamSwynford
13th December 2017, 15:43
Special guest of the first SF is Riccardo Cocciante.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9m8WKQIt-c

CaraMia
14th December 2017, 00:32
Wow, I just listened to all of the songs, and I love nearly all of them! :o Albania will probably end in the top of my final ranking yet again...
I don't understand why people are so thrilled by Melodifestivalen, when FiK is way better just about every year :o

It's interesting because as time passes FiK is becoming my favourite national final. I used to be one of those Melodifestivalen worshipers, but now Albania is almost surpassing Sweden and taking the trophy for my favourite national final. I think that what still makes me like Melodifestivalen slightly more is the hosts and the overall suitability of Melodifestivalen songs to ESC compared to those of FiK (although Salvador came to prove that there is no formula, so this is also debatable). But yeah, when we see a national final like FiK in a country like Albania (considered not that wealthy) it makes me really think about how overrated other national finals are. The live orchestra, the outfits, the introduction music (so classy and characteristic)... it looks like half of the GDP of the country was just used in the production of this festival (the other half is meant to be used in Kenga Magjike and Top Fest :lol:). Seriously, I find the music industry of Albania truly outstanding and I think this country is definitely underrated in the world of music.

Odalis
14th December 2017, 02:27

It's a subjective statement.
It's not about what's "better" it's about who prefers what.
FIK is so dated it hurts me deeply, i was done listening to music like that around 1997-2000 so i'll take MF any day, thx!
But if you're into FIK style songs - please do enjoy them)

Zorjan
14th December 2017, 10:23
It's a subjective statement.
It's not about what's "better" it's about who prefers what.
FIK is so dated it hurts me deeply, i was done listening to music like that around 1997-2000 so i'll take MF any day, thx!
But if you're into FIK style songs - please do enjoy them)

I do enjoy a couple of songs in MF occasionally, but the majority of the songs (and the show itself actually) are just way too mainstream for my taste, whereas most of the Albanian songs seem more sophisticated and unique to me.. But yeah, it is obviously a question of taste ;)

JonnyWest
14th December 2017, 17:09
Rooting for Mall and Piedestal xcheer I think this is a very good year for FiK, many great songs!

EscTurkey
14th December 2017, 22:50
It is bizarre to me that one can compare FiK with MF, they are like two extreme ends of a spectrum, the most opposite exampes of national finals.
One is the most traditional, the other is the most innovational.

There are like 5-6 songs in FiK that are like out of a karaoke contest. Won't even mention their names, it's obvious (most of the entries with male vocals).
Who the hell chose those songs even? What were they thinking? Imagine them getting selected and representing the country in front of millions. :(

However, even some of the last places in MF deltavling are possible SF qualifiers for Eurovision.

It's a pity cuz Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha etc. are all Albanian. So many Albanian names are becoming known in the states in the recent years.

Kaz
15th December 2017, 10:32
I feel like more people should be talking about Xhesika Polo. Her song this year is fantastic, and if she pulls it off live, I can envision Albania doing their best since 2012. However, in saying that, Lindita failed to qualify even with her vocals, so I'm not sure if Xhesika will be able to either. Either way I am expecting something much better than last year for Albania!

DanielLuis
15th December 2017, 20:57
I just listened to the songs and I must say I'm positively surprised! I think there was a clear attempt to add diversity to the NF by RTSH. Overall it's a good NF.

My initial favourites are Orgesa Zaimi, Artemisa Mithi, Tiri, LYNX, Ines Neziri, Eugent Bushpepa, Denisa Gjezo and Xhessika Polo. I think these songs can do relatively well in Lisbon, with a good revamp. Emphasis on good, RTSH!

I can see why Ines Neziri is the favourite, but I can't help but think she'll end up being a Lindita Halimi/Eneda Tarifa/Hersi version 2340 and will end up failing to qualify. People like Orgesa, Eugent, Denisa or Tiri can give Albania a completely different type of entry from what they're used to send and be a dark horse in may.

Just please, whatever happens stick to Albanian! It adds that special flavour to the songs.

Odalis
16th December 2017, 02:50
I do enjoy a couple of songs in MF occasionally, but the majority of the songs (and the show itself actually) are just way too mainstream for my taste, whereas most of the Albanian songs seem more sophisticated and unique to me.. But yeah, it is obviously a question of taste ;)

Mainstream = up to date, yep.
But objectively there's nothing unique about songs that went out of date before 2000, there used to be tons and tons of these, but yeah, maybe that's in some ways "unique" for 2017 when almost nobody cares for (or makes) music like that anymore xqueenbitch

Zorjan
16th December 2017, 14:25
Mainstream = up to date, yep.
But objectively there's nothing unique about songs that went out of date before 2000, there used to be tons and tons of these, but yeah, maybe that's in some ways "unique" for 2017 when almost nobody cares for (or makes) music like that anymore xqueenbitch

MF is mostly just copying other pop hits from the last few years or something completely out dated from 80s schlager pop

There may be something oldfashioned (and charming) in the FiK-songs, but it's a lovely mix of elements from the past and the presents (possibly the future as well? Who knows), that somehow works every single time... I can't remember hearing anything similar at all from before 2000 :o

EscTurkey
16th December 2017, 15:30
MF is mostly just copying other pop hits from the last few years or something completely out dated from 80s schlager pop

There may be something oldfashioned (and charming) in the FiK-songs, but it's a lovely mix of elements from the past and the presents (possibly the future as well? Who knows), that somehow works every single time... I can't remember hearing anything similar at all from before 2000 :o

I wonder if we're watching the same show.

All the winners of FiK since 2014 are similiar to me.

Zemėrimi i njė nate
Diell
Perralle
Bote

Zorjan
16th December 2017, 22:18
I wonder if we're watching the same show.

All the winners of FiK since 2014 are similiar to me.

Zemėrimi i njė nate
Diell
Perralle
Bote

Really? :o
I admit that Pėrrallė and Botė were rather similar, though I think the singers and their voices are very different, but Diell and Zemėrimi I Njė Nate?
I loved both Pėrrallė and Botė, but Diell was dreadful! So boring... I think Zemėrimi I Njė Nate was rather different too, not as classic and "clean" as the others.. Interesting though, like many of Hersi's songs... Perhaps they seem a bit more similar, than I believe them to be, because of the orchestra..?

QwaarJet
17th December 2017, 09:27
Very high quality this year. I also love that the songs very released ahead of time, all with a music video.

The two favourites are justified, but from a Eurovision perspective, I'm rooting for Piedestal. The problem with Mall is that they would have to chop about a third of the song away, and that rarely works.

EscTurkey
17th December 2017, 10:01
Really? :o
I admit that Pėrrallė and Botė were rather similar, though I think the singers and their voices are very different, but Diell and Zemėrimi I Njė Nate?
I loved both Pėrrallė and Botė, but Diell was dreadful! So boring... I think Zemėrimi I Njė Nate was rather different too, not as classic and "clean" as the others.. Interesting though, like many of Hersi's songs... Perhaps they seem a bit more similar, than I believe them to be, because of the orchestra..?

Well, that's a good explanation, probably it's the orchestra that makes them similiar.
And I agree with all the rest you said, I was so happy when they changed Diell, it was a turning point for them. :D

DipintoDiBlu
17th December 2017, 11:03
Haven just given a quick listen through of the songs, I can say I'm quite glad about Mall (my no.1) being relatively popular among the community. Not 100% on Piedestal, it's a nice enough song but doesn't really stick out from all the other female ballads Albania has sent over the years. As shitty as it is, I want Mall to go to Eurovision because Albania has a seriously disproportionate ratio of female:male performers sent over the years (without looking at the numbers I'd say almost as bad as Ukraine) and maybe they could do with a bit of testosterone to mix it up and pull them out of their current rut.

Sammy
19th December 2017, 16:18
Send either E dua Boten or Ngrije Zerin (in that order) . I gave the rest 3 entire circles of listening - none of them could move me a bit or stick to my mind. To the contrary, I was heavily tempted to skip most of them.
Especially the big fan favorites (apparently) Piedestal and Perjete would be the worst. I admit that they are well sung and the performers are terribly good, BUT: this is just another version in beige of what we had the past couple of years. Please, Albania! Try something new. It hasn't to be a revolution, take the changes step by step and send the lovely Arthemisa!

AlekS
19th December 2017, 18:02
They're building the stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FpFE0wiQo

JChan
20th December 2017, 03:38
I must admit... I'm really excited for Saturday!!! It FINALLY feels like it's Eurovision season again.

blartashura
20th December 2017, 10:01
I am quite shocked people here thinks these songs are good, I think they are quite terrible. They all feel like rejected songs from Kenga Magjike, that's how poor they sound.
The only decent one from all that batch of crappy songs is the song from Festina Mejzini, at least it's enjoyable. But of course she won't win, they probably will give it to Ines Neziri.

Mrm
20th December 2017, 20:02
EUGENT BUSHPEPA - "MALL" is my fave...I hope it will be performed well and it wins...

AlekS
21st December 2017, 00:17
20:40 CET.
Festivali i Kėngės. Semi-final 1.

EscGeek
21st December 2017, 13:55
Again, go Lynx!
but i predict Artemisa and Inis will fight for the victory which is fine with me :D

I can't wait xpopcorn

Krishoes
21st December 2017, 14:05
Manjola Nallbani for world domination to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCG4Xkou0Y

RainyWoods
21st December 2017, 14:20
I'm cheering for Manjola and Rezarta & Luiz tonight. I haven't been able to stop listening to "I njėjti qiell". I secretly might love it even more than Rezarta's song. The first time I heard it I threw my hands up into the air as the chorus hit. The best thing is that she's obviously going to do the short operatic part live (I wasn't sure at first if it was her singing it) as she's a trained opera singer. Manjola is also a three time Festivali i kenges winner, so i've got my fingers crossed for her.

Listen to this epic Dead Can Dance-esque song of hers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsQ6xalcMs

Sammy
21st December 2017, 16:41
100% jury vote... omg... another boring shrieking powerballad that will be turned into an awful english version „to be more successful“ (whatever that means)...
ground hog‘s day revisited... xdoh

JonnyWest
21st December 2017, 17:21
The song from Manjola is the one that everyone secretly loves but few dare to say it xheat

EscGeek
21st December 2017, 20:04
I always have the balls to say these things 8-)
Manjola's song is the best tonight and one of the better ones alltogether

Lupus
21st December 2017, 20:52
Eurovision starts tonight! :D Enjoy the show chums xcheer

AlekS
21st December 2017, 21:18
Somebody chase that poodle guy off stage :lol:

EscGeek
21st December 2017, 21:22
maybe FiK has been cancelled and this italian guy is the representative.. :lol:

elanyvx
21st December 2017, 21:24
He is the italian singer Riccardo Cocciante

Lupus
21st December 2017, 21:24
maybe FiK has been cancelled and this italian guy is the representative.. :lol:

Turns out that tonight is "An evening with an Italian" and FiK is actually next week :lol:

lavieenrose
21st December 2017, 21:26
I was having a really nice dinner with my parents that I rushed through so that I could watch Albania's answer to City Arts & Lectures xheat

hunty73
21st December 2017, 21:29
I was late,and thought id missed something,but i find instead the Italian Leo Sayer had kept things going until all the seats were filled.

elanyvx
21st December 2017, 21:32
Elhaida Dani with Riccardo Cocciante

DiabloRoma
21st December 2017, 21:49
Riccardo Cocciante, fyi, is a legend here in Italy.

He sang Margherita (1976) and Se stiamo insieme (1991, Sanremo winner). He let the presenter sing Bella (Belle) from Notre Dame de Paris. He let Elhaida Dani sing Vivere per amare (Vivre), also from Notre Dame de Paris (Elhaida had the role of Esmeralda in the French version of the opera).

EscGeek
21st December 2017, 21:53
70 minutes people! xpolice

hunty73
21st December 2017, 21:55
70 minutes people! xpolice

Im not complaining,im in Fik heaven.

lavieenrose
21st December 2017, 22:46
It's Rezarta time xheart xheat xhat

EDIT: Or we get to see if Elhaida can sing "I'm Alive" two years on xheat

elanyvx
21st December 2017, 22:52
Again Elhaida Dani with I'm Alive (albanian version)

lavieenrose
21st December 2017, 23:04
Rezarta was off form and I think off-timing a bit but that was still amazing xlove

JChan
21st December 2017, 23:07
Totally thought I had missed the show.. I'm delighted to see it's still happening!!

Lupus
21st December 2017, 23:08
Totally thought I had missed the show.. I'm delighted to see it's still happening!!

Those of us who have been watching for the last two and a half hours are a little less happy about that :p

hunty73
21st December 2017, 23:11
Rezarta was off form and I think off-timing a bit but that was still amazing xlove

I think she struggled a bit being world class with a duet partner who couldnt keep up or match.They need to increase his mic so he doesnt sound destroyed under heaving bosom.Sometimes she is simply too big for Fik,or even this world.

JChan
21st December 2017, 23:12
Those of us who have been watching for the last two and a half hours are a little less happy about that :p

Any standout performances/moments/ terrible commercials??

JChan
21st December 2017, 23:18
I have say I've only watched for about ten minutes but what this show needs is more interval acts.

elanyvx
21st December 2017, 23:29
Queen Manjola Nallbani xlove

RainyWoods
21st December 2017, 23:33
Manjola Nallbani for Lisbon! I got slayed. RIP my body.

Lupus
21st December 2017, 23:35
What happened?! I at least understood the "stop" :p

JChan
21st December 2017, 23:37
What happened?! I at least understood the "stop" :p

Something with the orchestra?? Playing the wrong song??

Sammy
21st December 2017, 23:48
is this an endless advert channel??? xslap

lavieenrose
21st December 2017, 23:53
I have say I've only watched for about ten minutes but what this show needs is more interval acts.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/92f303aa6a06d76f37754543dfd59f27/tenor.gif?itemid=5721005

Odalis
22nd December 2017, 00:06
Any standout performances/moments/ terrible commercials??

Nope, commercials were awesome...at least with some good music in them xheat

hunty73
22nd December 2017, 00:20
Manjola was given the best staging,lighting and camera work tonight.Producers want her to do well.Eugent was a crowd favourite,but staging wasnt doing much.The more contemporary acts in semi 2 might be able to take them down.Can Inis handle the Fik pressure in semi 2?.She is a very talented young artist and her song has the right build to do well,if she can deliver to her ability.100% jury voting though so anything could happen.

AlekS
22nd December 2017, 01:07
20:40 CET.
Festivali i Kėngės. Semi-final 2.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 14:06
Rainha come to Lisbon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9lsM9NVuk

"I njėjti qiell" would become my favourite Albanian entry since "Suus". Please make it happenxpray

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 20:13
I'm super hyped for this one tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QvXFTGAkZA

I find it very much an eargasm. There's lots of drama there without things being taken over the top. Just really solid infectious pop. Could be absolutely epic with the orchestra.

Speaking of epic, i'm also getting ready for Xhesika Polo. Her song "Pėrjetė" is stunning enough in the studio version, but if she pulls it off live then I think the ticket to Lisbon will be automatically handed to her. Albania has a thing for their powerhouse divas and they've been in a bit of a rut of late (through their own fault with staging and revamps) but I think this Polo song is different. It's more refined which I think would be much to it's favour. It's just pure power. That key change as wellxheat

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 20:20
i just saw this... the composer of "Pėrjetė" is Marko Polo :lol:

yes, it's the little things that can amuse me

DaFlo
22nd December 2017, 20:40
^^ that's my fav Rainy xheat Hope it delivers.

Will try to watch this today, how long did yesterdays semi last?

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 20:45
^^ that's my fav Rainy xheat Hope it delivers.

Will try to watch this today, how long did yesterdays semi last?

Yaaaasxheat I showed it to Ashley and he is a fan too.

I can't remember. I think about 11 hours..... maybe 2 and a half to 3.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:09
Woah getting into them quick tonight. No mini concert and comedy beforehand. Yoko Ono takes the stage with a song composed by the iconic Greedy Cryer.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:11
I'm kind of tired of drum and bass style tracks, but Albania always sells them so well with their orchestra. This is really rocking. I like "Ngrije zėrin" a lot more live.

Zorjan
22nd December 2017, 21:13
Okay, I can't get the webcast to work properly :s So I'm counting on your comments guys! ...while I watch the music videos -ish instead ;)

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:15
Did the orchestra play the wrong song again?

EDIT: Watch this win because Albania (which should frankly be the FiK motto)

nunaney
22nd December 2017, 21:19
Her dress was great.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:19
Denisa Gjezo - Zemėr ku je Really smooth. Another one that has totally been brought alive by the orchestra. I totally overlooked the studio version. It's really lush live.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:21
https://i.imgur.com/zrX9vTj.png

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:22
https://i.imgur.com/zrX9vTj.png

Omigod, I love me and Lupus xheart

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:24
The sound mixes in general have been kind of weird. This is a particularly odd one; Festina got completely overshadowed (and was responsible for the really strong beginning of the piece - kind of lost me by the end).

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:26
NA & Festina Mezini - Tjetėr jetė I like this for some reason. It's super old school, almost too much so but it's kind of hard to resist it's charms. The chorus is anthemic. They came back for a second bow which is always a great sign at Fik.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 21:27
Omigod, I love me and Lupus xheart

Can't be us; she looks far too happy.

Realest
22nd December 2017, 21:27
Hopefully Orgesa, Lorela or Inis wins.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:30
God, this one is so catchy xheat

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 21:31
I'm feeling the funkiness of this one! Also, she is OWNING that stage!! xheat

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:32
Lorela Sejdini - Pritėm edhe pak The sass pottery of this one. Such a peppy little performance. This is fun but I think is kind of exhausting to listen to and a bit repetitive. I like her energy though. High potential for the song to annoy after a while though, but I like her.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:32
Our fav next DaFloxheat

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:33
"Shut up, old man. Call Artemisa."
-A comment on the live stream that someone actually said out loud

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:35
OMG AURELA GACE!!!!!! She should be final!? She should won Eurovision!![283849]

In-joke about 3 people on the forum will getxheat

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:36
She should be final!? She should won Eurovision!![283850]

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:39
This is absolutely gorgeous! She really should come back and win Eurovision to be honest. One of the very best Albanian voices. I want her back with a slay ballad like this. Simply outstanding. I feel her passion. Also I feel those hoop earrings. Thank you for giving me life tonight Aurela Gace.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:41
Aurela Gace mini concert. LETS DO THIS.. RIGHT NOW. GO!

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 21:43
I knew we were going too quickly earlier! It's so we have time for an hour or two of Aurela Grace! xcheer

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 21:44
That's Aurela?? Wow! I didn't recognize her looks, but her voice sounded familiar :D

I don't get your mini joke, but i agree, she was one of my favorites in 2011xheya

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 21:45
That's Aurela?? Wow! I didn't recognize her looks, but her voice sounded familiar :D

I don't get your mini joke, but i agree, she was one of my favorites in 2011xheya

https://www.last.fm/music/Aurela+Gaēe/+shoutbox Enjoy!

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 21:59
Mr. Panoochi hopefully here to announce Artemisa Mithi.

Edit: or not I guess.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:03
I like those see-through chairs. I want one for my boudoir.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:07
https://media1.tenor.com/images/36b7a7d20d437ccb984dba1deda07074/tenor.gif

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:11
Thank you. That was only a 40 minute gap between the last entry. Now for my favxheart Excitedxheat

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 22:14
What is cooler than an orchestra?
An orchestra under the stage ! xlove

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:14
I totally did not get the appeal of that one, I must admit.

DaFlo
22nd December 2017, 22:16
Hm performance wasnt rly good ..

Rip Albanias chances to enter my top 10 this year.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:16
Artemisa Mithi - E dua botėn Epic song. Wasn't quite everything I hoped it would be live but was still good. As a piece of music, I think it's perhaps the best song in this entire Fik, and could probably get Albania back into the Eurovision final, but vocally she struggled to keep up with the explosiveness of the song, though gave it a good go. I still would like to see this win if Rezarta & Luiz, Polo or Manjola can't.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:17
The manchild in me giggled at the title of the next one: "Bum Bum" :lol:

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:17
https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/sjm-bumgarner-0706-19.jpg?w=620

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/8/3/4/255836834/cuts/320x180/cut.jpg

I'm totally ready for Bum Bum sight unseen on title alone xheat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Bumgarner

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:20
This is terrible. I love it.

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 22:21
uh oh, bum bum singer can't sing :(

RainyWoods
Ergi Bregu - Bum bum Good lord those vocals...... i'm surprised she hasn't shouted "Stop" yet. Can she even hear herself? Surely a sound problem. Funky song but this is a car crash and a half. I feel sorry for her.

DaFlo
Tragic :lol:

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:22
That could have worked, despite the insanity, if she had actually BELTED IT OUT. Think disco hit; not lacklustre lullaby. Not really doing it for me, which is a shame as I reckon it could be so much better.

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 22:22
Bum Bum
Cheapest entry I have EVER heard in any NF.
Sounds like it's produced by a high school kid using a cheap computer program.

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 22:26
The manchild in me giggled at the title of the next one: "Bum Bum" :lol:
not me...because we read "boom" as "bum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMEhyaxNsCM)" just like albanians
i realized it after i saw william's (wiwibloggs) video...:lol:

DaFlo
22nd December 2017, 22:29
This song ... too much boring singing, needs more angry rap XD

lavieenrose
I like only the hip part of that one. Cut (or minimize) the rest.

RainyWoods
Akullthyesit - Divorci This is weird. The emotional ballad part is gorgeous and then you've got this really aggressive hippidi hop shouting, and then the older gentleman starts getting angry as well. I don't know what I feel about it but it's certainly unique and something daring. Weird fusion but it's really holding my attention. It's explosive and feels massive.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:30
Well that was certainly different! As usual (sorry, I hate rap) the rap drags down the song for me, but the rest is so amazing I really like the song despite the rap! :p Epic and dark; me likey

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 22:30
Getting excited waiting for Perjete xlove
With a good performance it can regenerate Suus effect

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:34
Beloved Polomint is next after a quick commercial break and a 40 minute medley of Juliana Pasha hits (please crystal ball be correct). Polo needs to save this after the lil bit underwhelming Artemisa performance. I'm preparing my body because if Xhesika Polo pulls this off it's going to be spine tingling. Get ready for a humongous key change.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:36
40 minute medley of Juliana Pasha hits (please crystal ball be correct)..

Spot on! :D

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:36
a 40 minute medley of Juliana Pasha hits (please crystal ball be correct).

Well, Past RainyWoods, I don't think you'd believe me if I told you what it actually was.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:42
http://78.media.tumblr.com/c18277d99620dc8ae63d237903dda0cf/tumblr_nlc1505RrG1qlvwnco1_500.gif

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:43
Our host treating us now as well to a song. That beautiful autotune. I love Albania with all my heartxheart Never change please Festivali i kenges.

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 22:45
Albania and Italy, sitting in the tree
K.i.s.s.i.n.g
xheat

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:51
Is it Polo'clock? :D

EDIT: Oh maybe not quite yet...

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:54
"Go Polo!!!! Deliver and this is yoursxcrossed" was what I wanted to write 10 minutes ago. I wasn't expecting the host to speak to this lady for an eternity and then start singing with her. I thought she was here to introduce the next song.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:55
Oh my god...is what I think will happen in a moment going to happen........I heard the magic words, "Enough is Enough" and "Barbra"

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:55
She's a goddess i'm sure whoever she was though, so it's alright. I felt blessed seeing her.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:56
THE SONG IS CALLED "WHEN YOU BELIEVE" NOT "I BELIEVE" YOU FECKING PHILISTINE

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 22:56
Can someone remind which day this show is supposed to end again? I got my hopes up that it would be today after four songs in the first 35 minutes...

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 22:58
Kejsi Tola <3 Where my love affair with Albania began back in 2009.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 22:59
"Carry Me In Your Dreams" is Albania's best ever entry fight me if you dare

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 23:00
When you're the only one who's done any work for a group presentation and it's finally paying off

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:02
"Carry Me In Your Dreams" is Albania's best ever entry fight me if you dare

https://m.popkey.co/e970db/LWqyp.gif

It's "Suus", followed by "It's All About You". Only then can we start thinking about "Carry Me In Your Dreams" but you've still got to consider "World" and the legendary Aurela Gace hit that should have won Eurovision, "Feel The Passion".

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 23:05
Someone's gotta mention Zemren E Lame Peng.
It is one of the best ESC songs ever, probably in my top 5.
The most beautiful and pleasant melody in the world.
3 minutes of perfection.
xlove xlove xlove

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 23:07
https://m.popkey.co/e970db/LWqyp.gif

It's "Suus", followed by "It's All About You". Only then can we start thinking about "Carry Me In Your Dreams" but you've still got to consider "World" and the legendary Aurela Gace hit that should have won Eurovision, "Feel The Passion".

https://imgur.com/79Itqho.gif

"Carry Me In Your Dreams" is an uncanny work of genius. The performance is excellent, both in Kejsi Tola's vocal and her commitment to every aspect of the song. The melody is a Vegas cabaret and a folk showcase all in one. The staging pulls off its scare factor perfectly. Everything just works.

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 23:07
2008-2009-2010
RIP...
Golden years of Albania...
Now so so far away.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 23:09
Slay me Alma the Audience Member xheat

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:09
Here we go finally. GO POLO!!!!!!!

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 23:13
If she performs that too many times she's going to wreck her voice. I worry that that's what she's done in just that one performance. But...wow. That was...problematic for a whole host of reasons, but I personally loved every second. That was art.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 23:15
If anyone thought "Icebreaker" was two songs in one, they really need to listen to that for a PROPER idea of what two songs in one sounds like!!

Don't get me wrong, there were bits I really enjoyed in that performance, but the switch to the louder parts just seemed to be too much for her voice and she couldn't quite handle it well enough for me. Still, I enjoyed it! :)

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:16
Xhesika Polo - Pėrjetė I was just going to say congratulations on your win Polo, but the audience reaction was a bit lukewarm:( I thought it was epic, but also it was very raw and extremely shouty. I think she can do it better and hopefully will if she reaches the final.

lavieenrose
22nd December 2017, 23:19
I feel like this one could really kick some arse if it ditched the ballad concept completely and committed to the "Fighter"-style mid/up-tempo thing that's sort of there.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 23:21
Oooof da!! This has power and strength! The lassie singing it is getting stuck right in as well and it's clear she is more than capable of coping with this song. One of the best of the evening for me without a doubt!! :D

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:22
Inis Neziri - Piedestal She just delievered the best vocals of the night I think. I like (not love) this song but I was a bit surprised to see it such a big favourite. The audience are going crazy. I assume she's just won. Unsure how i'd feel about it as their next entry. For me it's a step down from "World".

nunaney
22nd December 2017, 23:27
Inis Neziri - Piedestal She just delievered the best vocals of the night I think. I like (not love) this song but I was a bit surprised to see it such a big favourite. The audience are going crazy. I assume she's just won. Unsure how i'd feel about it as their next entry. For me it's a step down from "World".

The jury decides the winner though and I doubt they would pick someone just because they got the biggest cheer.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:27
I feel like this one could really kick some arse if it ditched the ballad concept completely and committed to the "Fighter"-style mid/up-tempo thing that's sort of there.

Yeah pretty parts of it make it sound "dated" rather than timeless. Usually I don't care if something is stuck in a time warp, but I think it's being held back and could be much more awesome.

JChan
22nd December 2017, 23:28
Does anyone know when we find out the qualifiers?? Because I thought they were at the end of the show last night but it just ended instead.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:28
Tiri Gjoci - Orė e ndalur First song tonight I don't have an opinion of. It was just....... there.

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 23:29
Piedestal
I guess this is what appeals to Albanians.
I doubt they'll reach the finals with this song,
but I appreciate the fact that she served the best vocals considering the fact that she is only 16.

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 23:29
Does anyone know when we find out the qualifiers?? Because I thought they were at the end of the show last night but it just ended instead.

At the end of today's show we will know all the qualifiers, according to esctoday.com

JChan
22nd December 2017, 23:30
Tiri Gjoci - Orė e ndalur No live orchestra could make that song feel alive.

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 23:30

After this show; they did the same last year where they announced all the results at once.

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:31
The jury decides the winner though and I doubt they would pick someone just because they got the biggest cheer.

True, but in previous years i've noticed with Albania that the cheers are always a good sign. Take "Suus" for example, where Rona came back on stage for a second round of applause, Elhaida Dani getting the biggest cheer etc.

EscGeek
22nd December 2017, 23:32
Okay so..they saved the best for last xcheer
A modern rock song like "Vonė" with good vocals would definitely stand out xlisten2

next,I like Artemisa and Inis about equally.
Manjola is now just below the podium after today's bum bum car crash

EscTurkey
22nd December 2017, 23:35
Vone is the only FiK song that sounds like it's not from FiK. :D
I really like it.
It's catchy, upbeat and the singer is so charismatic.

RainyWoods
LYNX - Vonė I wasn't into the studio version of this, but I appreciate it more live. It was well performed. Not my kind of thing though.

Lupus
That felt like a Poundland rock band :p

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:36
Wait.... the show just ended again?

EscGeek
The show's ending :lol:

EscTurkey
Wait... What's happening?

JChan
22nd December 2017, 23:37
excuse me?

Lupus
22nd December 2017, 23:37
It's at moments like this that I wish I'd learned Albanian instead of Gaelic :lol:

Zorjan
22nd December 2017, 23:44
Have all the songs been played by now, so I can reveal my top 3 from this SF based on the studio versions..?

1. Lynx - Vonė ; Hardly a surprise.. They always send amazing songs to FiK, and this may actually be the best!
2. Inis Neziri - Piedestal ; A wonderful song as well, though a bit too similar to the last Albanian winner songs
3. AkullthyesIit – Divorc ; I liked the mix of genres, and it kept me captured thoughout.. I could imagine it having beautiful lyrics, though I obviously didn't understand a word :s

I really loved all three songs though!

AlekS
22nd December 2017, 23:45
FIK results be like:
https://i.imgur.com/8osth0k.gif
xheart

ps. Inis or LYNX to Lisbon 8-)

RainyWoods
22nd December 2017, 23:56
So after hearing all the songs, I think I have one clear favourite...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zn565oyiVEk/UT0kvnaBNPI/AAAAAAAAbLY/FVOchnPoIWk/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/manjola-nallbani-006b-500-avip.jpg

Manjola Nallbani was the only one to deliver everything I wanted and more. I knew the song would be difficult live and I wasn't expecting perfect pop vocals, but I wanted passion, fire and a commanding stage performance and we got all of that. It was wondrous. The operatic interludexheart I can see how she won the contest three times already. Albanian legend, just like queen and fellow three time winner, Aurela Gace.

Of my other favourites, Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli were good but Rezarta completely overshadows Luiz. Artemisa Mithi has such a bop but I was expecting more from the performance, and as for Xhesika Polo, i'm torn. I think she slayed but I think it might have been just TOO much. I need to watch this one again to decide. I like other songs in this selection but those were the ones I was hyped for before the shows.

Sean
23rd December 2017, 00:14
I haven't been watching, is there any result? :?

AlekS
23rd December 2017, 00:15
Nope ;)

nunaney
23rd December 2017, 00:17
Supposedly, the results will be announced after the news.

lavieenrose
23rd December 2017, 00:18

There is not. Scouring the internet to find one atm.

Sean
23rd December 2017, 00:18
Nope ;)

Got to love 100% juries :lol::lol:

DanielLuis
23rd December 2017, 00:35
How did Orgeza Zaimi's performance go?

nunaney
23rd December 2017, 00:43
I think they might be announcing results soon..ish.

Kaz
23rd December 2017, 00:53
How did Orgeza Zaimi's performance go?

I thought it was fantastic. It sounded a bit different with the orchestra but her vocals were on point.

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 01:12
I like how it's past 1AM in Albania right now, and the artists are all still sitting there in their chairs in a line, waiting for something to happen. Albanians are hardcore.

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 01:20
https://i.imgur.com/VZS0jDW.png

I think we all feel like the dude on the left right now.

nunaney
23rd December 2017, 01:22
Finally the results! Oregesa made it! :)

Kaz
23rd December 2017, 01:28
If I heard it correctly
Finalists:

Artemisa Mithi
Bojken Lako
Denisa Gjezo
Elton Deda
Eugent Bushpepa
Inis Neziri
Mariza Ikonomi
Manjola Nallbani
Grupi NA + Festina Mejzini
Orgesa Zaimi
Redon Makashi
Luiz Ejlli + Rezarta Smaja
Tiri Gjoci
Voltan Prodani

Maybe Xhesika Polo? I think I heard her name towards the end.

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 01:29
I heard the name Rezarta Smaja and people clapping. I assume that's good......... can I sleep?

Israel
23rd December 2017, 01:32
No LYNX? Are they kidding?

nunaney
23rd December 2017, 01:32
No Lynx or Xhesika Polo :(

Realest
23rd December 2017, 01:35
So, no Lorela?

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 02:12
Xhesika Polo missing out is sad, but that performance was her downfall. Having Inis performing straight after didn't help either. A shame as "Pėrjetė" had unbelievable potential. I'm also sad for Genc & David Tukiēi. I imagine i'm in a very small minority of people who loved "Tė pandarė".

Delighted for Manjola Nallbani, Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli and Artemisa Mithi (my pre-show top 3 passed yaay!) and i'm also really happy for NA & Festina Mezini. The biggest grower for me. I'm really liking this one now for some reason.

I kind of feel this whole thing is just going to be handed to Inis Neziri on a silver platter though, with Bojken Lako maybe being a dark horse scratching at her heels (wouldn't mind as his song is interesting). If "Piedestal" wins it's going to need quite a revamp. Inis is an impressive vocalist especially for her age, but another warbling diva ballad is perhaps not the best path at this moment for Albania. I like "Piedestal" but i'd rather she come back with a better song. Serbia barely scraped through with "Goodbye (Shelter)" which was in the same vein but a more accessible song in my opinion. This would be a risk for Albania I fear. I still think Lindita only failed though because of that goddamn awfully off putting staging and outfit, so maybe I should have a little more hope..

EscGeek
23rd December 2017, 10:58
I was prepared for the fact that "Vonė" won't go to Lisbon, but come on, they should at least qualify!
Piedestal and E dua botėn are a bit cliche but i can't help but loving them..maybe it has something to do with the singers.. 8-) xlove
I hope one of them wins tonight...if not, send Manjola

hunty73
23rd December 2017, 11:22
Looks like a very good final.A lot of these songs and performances came alive on stage.Having followed Inis for a few years i was very pleased to see her deliver to a top drawer standard as i expected she would.As i said when the songs came out Piedestal has the sort of build and structure that usually does very well/wins at Fik.As Rainy rightly says though she could do very well with a better song because she has the delivery skills and they might waste her this time.Thats becoming a bad habit for them.

The main challengers could come from anywhere.I actually really enjoyed Artemisa Mithi.I always thought her timing was poor and she needed to keep on point more and gain experience,but her performance was full of charm and her style was actually very captivating.I hope she does well,and im sure we will be seeing more of her in the future.

QwaarJet
23rd December 2017, 11:56
Was behind Piedestal before. Live performance just reinforced that. The song is perfect for orchestral backing. Orgesa suffered badly with the orchestra. It's probably between Inis, Eugent and someone else. Maybe Artemisa? Worst one I heard was Manjola. Awful. Just awful. If that wins then Albania probably shouldn't even turn up at the arena.

PamSwynford
23rd December 2017, 12:51
Running order of tonight's show
https://scontent.fzag1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25591974_798140130388619_3989865311377248860_n.jpg ?oh=a00bf0093df08b545a64c6c8fcea6e9b&oe=5ACD77DF

Zorjan
23rd December 2017, 12:53
I'm so sad and surprised that Lynx didn't make it to the final :o Now I need to find a new favorite :(

RomanFromRussia
23rd December 2017, 12:56
Elton Deda for smashing win (of the ESC)

John1
23rd December 2017, 14:25
Xhesika Polo missing out is sad, but that performance was her downfall. Having Inis performing straight after didn't help either. A shame as "Pėrjetė" had unbelievable potential. I'm also sad for Genc & David Tukiēi. I imagine i'm in a very small minority of people who loved "Tė pandarė".

Delighted for Manjola Nallbani, Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli and Artemisa Mithi (my pre-show top 3 passed yaay!) and i'm also really happy for NA & Festina Mezini. The biggest grower for me. I'm really liking this one now for some reason.

I kind of feel this whole thing is just going to be handed to Inis Neziri on a silver platter though, with Bojken Lako maybe being a dark horse scratching at her heels (wouldn't mind as his song is interesting). If "Piedestal" wins it's going to need quite a revamp. Inis is an impressive vocalist especially for her age, but another warbling diva ballad is perhaps not the best path at this moment for Albania. I like "Piedestal" but i'd rather she come back with a better song. Serbia barely scraped through with "Goodbye (Shelter)" which was in the same vein but a more accessible song in my opinion. This would be a risk for Albania I fear. I still think Lindita only failed though because of that goddamn awfully off putting staging and outfit, so maybe I should have a little more hope..

She rather screamt than truly performing her entry on the stage, but well... ;)

I think that it'll be a three-way battle between Inis, Eugent and Artemisa. If someone else among the remaining entrants went on to win, we can already say fawerell to Albania for this time.

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 15:16
Eugent Bushpepa – “Mall” is brilliant live, let it win and represent Albania in Lisbon, no change of song!! xlove xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmys6mhXkM

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 15:26
RainyWoods

Do you like "Mall"?

It has the most likes and views everywhere and somebody from Albania told me this:

"Media in Albania were all over Eugent yesterday, making me think he is the likely winner tomorrow night."

Fierro
23rd December 2017, 15:28
when does it start?

EscGeek
23rd December 2017, 15:28
I won't be mad if “Mall” wins.. it's nice :)

and i just saw that Manjola is 51! xshock
ohhhh whaaaat the fuuuu**

CPV4931
23rd December 2017, 15:31
After my favorite Lorela Sejdini failed to qualify, I hope for Manjola Nallbani tonight :-) But unfortunatelly won“t be able to watch FiK.

JonnyWest
23rd December 2017, 15:31
Eugent or Manjola FTW xcheer

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 15:33
Marry Christmas to all who celebrate it these days.. :)

Krishoes
23rd December 2017, 15:54
Eugent or Manjola FTW xcheer

+1!!!

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 16:00
RainyWoods

Do you like "Mall"?

It has the most likes and views everywhere and somebody from Albania told me this:

"Media in Albania were all over Eugent yesterday, making me think he is the likely winner tomorrow night."

I strongly don't like "Mall":( It sounds a lot better live, i'll give it that, but I struggle greatly with this kind of anthemic folk rock.

But... I just gave it two listens in a row (both live and studio) and now i'm confused. I don't dislike it as much as I thought I did and there are elements there that are beautiful, strings and such. The wooah ohhh ohhh chanting is a huge turnoff and his warbling diva vocals don't help matters, but I see the appeal in this song, and understand why it's a big favourite. I find this whole style vacuous though. Showboating and folk music don't go together for me. I'm weirdly picking up shades of The Velvet Underground in the drone of the verses (actually the part I like most) but i'm struggling with the overall package. If this gets selected then it risks being the first Albanian entry ever that I dislike, but i'd give it a chance to see if I soften. There's something in it that still feels Albanian so there's hope I can be won round.

hunty73
23rd December 2017, 16:39
Eugent Bushpepa – “Mall” is brilliant live, let it win and represent Albania in Lisbon, no change of song!! xlove xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmys6mhXkM

Looks like a big challenger Mrm and with 100% jury its an option for them to send something other than a strong female vocalist that keeps failing at ESC .Looking at the running order as well he looks favoured following the main female artists bunched together before him.If i was a jury member id be scoring him down in around 5th,but the jury itself will probably have other ideas.Thats a very interesting run from song 7 onward.

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 16:56
I strongly don't like "Mall":( It sounds a lot better live, i'll give it that, but I struggle greatly with this kind of anthemic folk rock.

But... I just gave it two listens in a row (both live and studio) and now i'm confused. I don't dislike it as much as I thought I did and there are elements there that are beautiful, strings and such. The wooah ohhh ohhh chanting is a huge turnoff and his warbling diva vocals don't help matters, but I see the appeal in this song, and understand why it's a big favourite. I find this whole style vacuous though. Showboating and folk music don't go together for me. I'm weirdly picking up shades of The Velvet Underground in the drone of the verses (actually the part I like most) but i'm struggling with the overall package. If this gets selected then it risks being the first Albanian entry ever that I dislike, but i'd give it a chance to see if I soften. There's something in it that still feels Albanian so there's hope I can be won round.

For me will be different, I dislike almost a ll Albanian entries, they have always chose bad.. :(

This one I like..would be one of the best Albanian entries, ever, in my book.. :)

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 16:57
Looks like a big challenger Mrm and with 100% jury its an option for them to send something other than a strong female vocalist that keeps failing at ESC .Looking at the running order as well he looks favoured following the main female artists bunched together before him.If i was a jury member id be scoring him down in around 5th,but the jury itself will probably have other ideas.Thats a very interesting run from song 7 onward.

Awww I always adored your predictions and professional comments on NFs.. xlove :D

You are sucker for festivals!

:sanremovibes: :lol:

hunty73
23rd December 2017, 17:30
Awww I always adored your predictions and professional comments on NFs.. xlove :D

You are sucker for festivals!

:sanremovibes: :lol:

ha yes very true i am.The festivals link the old with the new and i love that.The second half of this Fik looks very very decent.I also love the way they have the stage over the orchestra.It gives the artists more of the focus,but with the parts we adore intact.The producers have done a very good job this year.Fik has moved forward,and looks safe for the future.We just need to see how the jury score this now.

Mrm
23rd December 2017, 17:45
Somebody has the link where to watch?

Sean
23rd December 2017, 18:02
Somebody has the link where to watch?

http://escunited.com/2017/12/23/tonight-albania-decides-for-lisbon/

Some links on there or in AlekS' post a few pages back

kjetil
23rd December 2017, 19:29
Eugent Bushpepa's "Mall" is my clear favourite and I really hope the jury will make it win tonight! Inis seems to be the fan favourite though, but I don't really understand why. To me Piedestal sounds like the most stereotypical FiK entry ever. A dramatic ballad sung by a young, pretty girl. I can see why people might enjoy it, but I'm like 90% sure it wouldn't qualify in Lisbon. And I definitely think Inis would translate it to English, even though that didn't help Albania at all in the last few years. I could see them doing well with Eugent and he would finally end their unsuccessful streak of women with ballads winning FiK. I'm really excited for tonight!

lavieenrose
23rd December 2017, 19:55
One thing I've read in the lead-up is that the jury is made up of only five people. One person with weird opinions could really sway things, which scares me just a little.

RainyWoods
23rd December 2017, 20:00
Wow, was that just a commercial for snake removal services I watched or did I dream it?

AlekS
23rd December 2017, 20:18
20:45 CET.
Festivali i Kėngės. The final.

Fierro
23rd December 2017, 20:22
This will be the night! :D

One thing I've read in the lead-up is that the jury is made up of only five people. One person with weird opinions could really sway things, which scares me just a little.

But if everyone has weird opinions then... things gonna be right :mrgreen:

BernadetteCydonia
23rd December 2017, 20:30
Gooooooo Eugent and Orgesa! xcheer

EscTurkey
23rd December 2017, 20:46
Go Manjola!!
Only Eugent I can accept other than her.
But still, Manjola xlove

EscGeek
23rd December 2017, 20:46
stop complaining about the juries.. as if televoting made any difference last year :rolleyes:
Albania is just one of those countries where televoting doesn't matter when there's jury involved (like Belarus for example...or Slovenia) :oops:

Romeo
23rd December 2017, 20:57
should have started 20 mins ago? or am I wrong?

EscGeek
23rd December 2017, 21:00
RTSH logo looks like HRT's logo on drugs xrofl3

Fierro
23rd December 2017, 21:00
IT'S LIVE xcheer

lavieenrose
23rd December 2017, 21:02
Shameless plug for ESCUnited's coverage incoming: http://escunited.com/2017/12/23/albania-live-festivali-i-kenges-coverage/ You can follow along with us here!

Romeo
23rd December 2017, 21:17
I haven't watched the semis so this is all new to me :D

Hope it's a good show with decent songs.

song 1.
https://assets-auto.rbl.ms/f878ca69d9ba472a7da331b038c194f4888431dd48476e6d07 ec01d1637d6429

AlekS
23rd December 2017, 21:20
Are the hosts discussing silicone tits or something? :D Nice transition from yesterday's convo about porn ... fikhub xheart
Orgy-essa will win :lol:

Romeo
23rd December 2017, 21:24
Song 2.

Better than song 1 but still

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/7d28oVKn6SeR8SaKiQS6QeHJPBE/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2016/03/17/991/n/1922283/70a0ab325fd1b2c7_funny-gif-Sheldon-Cooper-meet-James-no/i/I-Know-You-Want-Go-See-Late-Movie-Im-Ready-Bed.gif