View Full Version : Azerbaijan AZERBAIJAN 2016 - Samra Rahimli - Miracle

Pages : [1] 2 3

escYOUnited
2nd May 2015, 20:06
http://s27.postimg.org/sowtv3gf7/AZERBAIJAN.png

http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/samra-rahimli.jpg

::az Samra Rahimli - Miracle ::az

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dix6XJ_Uo-w

Samra Rahimli (Azerbaijani: Səmra Rəhimli, born 19 October 1994) is an Azerbaijani singer. In 2015, she competed in The Voice of Turkey where she made it to the quarterfinals and in March 2016, she became a finalist on the first season of The Voice of Azerbaijan. On 10 March 2016, she was announced as the Azerbaijani act for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Miracle".

Sean
1st June 2015, 21:14
Hope they bring back their hot mess of a national selection xheat

AshleyWright
2nd June 2015, 00:04
It's sort of sad that it's taken a month before someone commented on Azerbaijan next year in here. :lol:

handeyener
2nd June 2015, 00:46
It will be another swedish ballad lol

Sean
2nd June 2015, 00:49
They haven't been Top 10 since Farid :o #drama

Preuss
7th June 2015, 14:51
I really hopes that Azerbaijan will give us something like "Drip Drop" again, a song who could win the competition. Not top five or ten places for Azerbaijan the consecutive years, (still, the song is great and I love them, especially Start A Fire,) so they needs a top five place again!

AshleyWright
7th June 2015, 14:52
I wonder how they will do in 2016. xheat Maybe finally fail to qualify, they almost did it this year!

greece
7th June 2015, 16:24
I am still waiting for Always 2.0 and this is the most appropriate time unless they want to fail again xshrug

paddyirl
12th June 2015, 04:09
Agree, we need another Always. I'd also like Aysel back :)

Romeo
9th January 2016, 22:59
Agree, we need another Always. I'd also like Aysel back :)

If Azerbaijan want to start doing well again they have 2 options:

Send something like "Always", fast ethnic pop fun... - the slow songs haven't been working recently
or
Start buying votes again - since the EBU declared they will DQ anyone for buying votes they havent been doing so well.

Schlagerman1
9th January 2016, 23:34
Since Armenia said they go with a fun uptempo act....then I am sure that Azerbaijan wants to answer with something similar. ;) And I agree, it is time for some uptempo, a bit like Always, or even more modern perhaps. :)

Matt
10th January 2016, 02:36
In 2014 & 2015 Azerbaijan squeezed through to the Finals so a Non-Qualification is definitely within the realm of possibility. I wonder if they're going to change things up this year now that they haven't been doing that great. Or at least not as good in previous years. With 18 to 19 songs in the Semis, it's going to be a bit more difficult this time around.

tuorem
13th January 2016, 11:44
I feel like the usual team Azerbaijan works with has gotten quite uninspired lately, "Hour Of The Wolf" didn't live up to my expectations.

I'm first and foremost a ballad lover, but I agree they should consider an uptempo entry this time, it's been a long time since they went that route. And I hope they'll polish their presentation, somehow I was getting used to their creative ways of staging their entries, and in this regard, last year's effort wasn't really appealing to me. The whole performance looked (and sounded) messy and unimpressive.

They were saved by juries twice, that's true. I think they should try a little bit harder, their desire to host has now passed, but I'm sure a non-qualification would offend them, so if they don't want it to happen, they'd better leave their comfort zone.

ZoboCamel
13th January 2016, 12:25
I feel like the usual team Azerbaijan works with has gotten quite uninspired lately, "Hour Of The Wolf" didn't live up to my expectations.

I'm first and foremost a ballad lover, but I agree they should consider an uptempo entry this time, it's been a long time since they went that route. And I hope they'll polish their presentation, somehow I was getting used to their creative ways of staging their entries, and in this regard, last year's effort wasn't really appealing to me. The whole performance looked (and sounded) messy and unimpressive.

They were saved by juries twice, that's true. I think they should try a little bit harder, their desire to host has now passed, but I'm sure a non-qualification would offend them, so if they don't want it to happen, they'd better leave their comfort zone.

I loved Hour of the Wolf as a song - it's probably still one of my top three songs from last year's contest, and maybe my equal favourite entry from Azerbaijan - but I agree it didn't come across as well live. I mean, I still enjoyed it, but Elnur's enunciation was all weird, he still couldn't resist the temptation to throw in his own little improvised notes, and while I get what the staging was aiming for it didn't manage it perfectly.

Regardless, I do agree that I'd like to see Azerbaijan have another crack at sending an upbeat song. Their 2009 entry was a bunch of fun that deserved its third place finish, and with ballads slowly growing more and more popular in the contest I'd have no complaints if they sent something else fast, danceable and catchy for 2016.

John1
13th January 2016, 13:11
Azerbaijan isn't ready to send a great song yet, Hour of the Wolf was catchy but it shouldn't have been qualified instead of Czech Republic.

Nikkita
13th January 2016, 14:20
They need to go back to their roots, we have NEVER seen an ethnic song from Azerbaijan, only western songs with a little hint of Azeri culture.

Nikoreindeer1973
14th January 2016, 09:21
I want some ethnic pop fun too

AshleyWright
14th January 2016, 15:54
Hello, Just thought I'd wonder back into this thread for the first time since June to sorta back up some calls for Ethno pop, instead of yet another ballad. Please give us an 'Always' 2.0. Thank you xox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEIOS1oUeY

xheat

THE WORLD DEMANDS IT AZERBAIJAN

AlekS
31st January 2016, 09:53
Many Azerbaijani fans think that this will be their representative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGil1j98fs

ZoboCamel
31st January 2016, 12:03
Not a bad voice, if the rumour above is true, but I always find it really hard to judge a Eurovision artist by their previous songs. So often I've gotten hyped or disappointed by a chosen/rumoured artist, only for them to sing in a completely new genre for them at Eurovision, get far better (or somehow worse) at singing over the period before the contest, have a song much better or worse than their vocal abilities, etc. I'll hold off on any real judgement for now, though her vocals are at least interesting.

Sammy
31st January 2016, 12:55
I suupose if Azerbajan would not qualify either it would by consequece withdraw the year after of we'll see Turkey return to assure that this won't happen a second time.

AlekS
1st February 2016, 11:26
I've seen news reports that it will be an open NF. They're wrong.
ITV will select Azerbaijani representative internally & announce their decision on March 14.
There're no restrictions on composers' nationality so I bet it will be a Swedish song again.

LesterMalvo
1st February 2016, 11:31
I suupose if Azerbajan would not qualify either it would by consequece withdraw the year after of we'll see Turkey return to assure that this won't happen a second time.

I don't even get what you just said but Azerbaijan is one of the participants that will never withdraw. Because ITV takes the contest too seriously. Whether they qualify or not.

Sammy
1st February 2016, 21:07
I don't even get what you just said but Azerbaijan is one of the participants that will never withdraw. Because ITV takes the contest too seriously. Whether they qualify or not.

It was just a very vague speculation. Azerbaijan has been very successful in the years Turkey participated. At the same time Turkey withdrew, the Azeri songs placed considerably worse though the overall quality was not considerably different from those that were more successful (I'm not thinking of a specific one, but as a general impression).

So my - again very vague - speculation was this: Maybe the surprisingly good results of Azerbaijan throughout the years where Turkey still was in the contest was (at least partly) due not only to the azeri, but also to the turkish diaspora voting. Now, that Turkey has withdrawn, less and less turkish people watch Eurovision (especially since Turkvizyon offers an alternative). Therefore less turkish viewers in different countries support Azeri entries. That could be one explanation for the recent results, couldn't it? Of course, this may be a completely wrong approach.

I went on thinking, this development could even get more extreme to the point where Azerbaijan actually does not qualify, because for instance they don't have an outstanding song and the support from azeri/turkish diaspora is too little to make the decisive difference.
Maybe then Azerbaijan could take the same path as Turkey did (remember, Turkey pulled out of the contest because it did not qualify for the final and Turkey took the contest also very serious. They just waited one more year to actually do it, because in the year they failed to qualify Azerbaijan won and Turkey didn't want to rebuff their close friend when they organized the contest).
Especially a country that - as you rightly pointed out - takes a contest very seriously and has been quite successful in the past could be frustrated above average when not qualifying and therefore take a radical action. So never say never...
Or, perhaps Turkey would take this as an the occasion to return to assist Azerbaijan again the coming years (remember this was 12 point guaranteed for Azerbaijan). I admit, that these thoughts are arguable, though.

I'm sorry that my first post was so short that it was not really understandable, I typed it on my mobile in the bus just before getting out and had no time to proper reread it:oops:

And just to set one thing straight: I do NOT believe ALL the Azeri songs, that did well, owe their success ENTIRELY to turkish diaspora viewers. But I honestly think some of them did to a recognizable extent.

LesterMalvo
1st February 2016, 21:27
Sammy

Yeah, pff... Azerbaijan has quite contradictive gossips on the internet such as cheating. I don't really want to get into this, because I don't know what to say, whether it is true or not. So I'll just stick to my idea that Azerbaijan is one of the countries that is meant to stay in the contest. Turkey's withdrawing is, of course, a disadvantage for them but Azerbaijan will just try to do their best (and the way is ordering songs, for the starters) and if they fail, they would just try harder.

I don't think less interest of Turks in the Europe for Eurovision will make Azerbaijan stay away from the contest, or pay less attention at least. Because Azerbaijan is like, they more care about what European countries think about them, instead of what their besties think since it is already positive. We have seen its proof before they hosted the show. Eurovision channel was totally out of the line with Azerbaijani culture themed videos.

Actually, if all the countries took the contest that serious (I'm not reffering to do what Azerbaijan does, I'm only talking about their ambition), Eurovision could be more qualified.

Sultana
2nd February 2016, 22:45
Azerbaijan will again send something Swedish,
COME ON you are very oriental country provide us with something ORIENTAL and made IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AZERBAIJAN!
otherwise again expect almost flop or flop.

Preuss
25th February 2016, 19:31
Send something like 2012 or 2014 Azerbaijan! I beg you... What happened with Dilara? :( and why did they cut out the light on her dress? It looked great in the rehearsals...

tuorem
25th February 2016, 21:34
Of course, they'll stick to Swedish material. Even though I'd like them to resort to their own composers, that's quite unlikely. As much as I love their ballads, I guess they should go a little bit more uptempo this year, just to stop their ballad record for a year.

I'd like to hear Azeri language on stage for a change though! IOTAP They trolled us for several year by releasing Azeri versions of their entries, they should have the guts to present their language at least once. When one realizes Bulgaria's Sofi Marinova is the one who presented Azeri on Eurovision stage for the first time ever :? that's rather embarrassing for Azerbaijan tbh.

wyq614
27th February 2016, 17:13
There's no news from Azerbaijan for a long time and it has been too late to organize a National Selection now, I fear Azerbaijan will be inspired by Ukraine and sing something about Khojaly...

John1
27th February 2016, 17:21
I wish Azerbaijan would fail from qualifying to the final, that'd be a funny occurence... :lol:

AshleyWright
27th February 2016, 17:23
I keep forgetting they're even taking part.

Lupus
27th February 2016, 17:27

Same; they're being quiet. Too quiet... xshifty

QwaarJet
27th February 2016, 17:31

I'd be OK if they actually did forget and no one reminded them.

AshleyWright
27th February 2016, 17:35

They're probably going to reveal a Swedish import power ballad about some historic event, go top 3 and ruin esc this year for everyone. :lol:

GianlucaTomoe
27th February 2016, 17:56
It has been announced long time ago that Azerbaijan would reveal its entry on 14th March, what kind of other news do you want to have??!!

Schlagerman1
27th February 2016, 18:45
Are there any rumours? or at least some probable wishes? :confused:

Mii11
27th February 2016, 18:52
Hopefully new voting system means that Azerbaijan will fail to qualify for the first time :)

SuRi
28th February 2016, 18:55
I wish Azerbaijan would fail from qualifying to the final, that'd be a funny occurence... :lol:

Hopefully new voting system means that Azerbaijan will fail to qualify for the first time :)

wow..

WhoKnows
28th February 2016, 18:59
wow..

Don't mind them. Haters gonna hate.

I'm hoping for another flawless ballad. xheat

Lupus
28th February 2016, 19:02

Was not hating; just implying that they've maybe forgotten to organise something! :p Or, in fairness, they could be about to reveal the greatest act in the history of Eurovision and are doing a wonderful job of keeping it quiet!

AuroraBorealis
28th February 2016, 19:07
Poor azerbaijan :( I liked all of the entries previously except last years was very bland imo

DanielLuis
28th February 2016, 19:44
Poor azerbaijan :( I liked all of the entries previously except last years was very bland imo

Agreed, at least wait for the entry before you start wishing they won't qualify. Really poor attitude to have in a song contest.

Gera11
28th February 2016, 19:46
Their last entry was amazing. The live performance tho.... :lol:

AshleyWright
28th February 2016, 19:53
wow..

Well when absolutely nothing has been announced from then apart from a song release date on the deadline it's going to be hard to remember. No hating. ;)

deese
28th February 2016, 19:54
Was not hating; just implying that they've maybe forgotten to organise something! :p Or, in fairness, they could be about to reveal the greatest act in the history of Eurovision and are doing a wonderful job of keeping it quiet!
They have not forgotten anything. Obviously, the winner of local Voice is going to be our represenative. Today is semi.

WhoKnows
28th February 2016, 19:56
Their last entry was amazing. The live performance tho.... :lol:

This. In fact, that's the case with their last two entries. Completely fell apart when it came to live performance.

DanielLuis
28th February 2016, 20:04
This. In fact, that's the case with their last two entries. Completely fell apart when it came to live performance.

2014's song was so beautiful, it was one of those ballads that really moved me. But the live performance was indeed very awful, pretty sad to see a entry falling apart like that.

Mii11
28th February 2016, 20:08

...ballad from Sweden :) Upps, I meant Azerbaijan.

Uvaro
28th February 2016, 20:12
i've really enjoyed most of the entries from azerbaijan, but sometimes the live performances let them down. hoping for a really good song and performer this year! :D

Mii11
28th February 2016, 20:16
Agreed, at least wait for the entry before you start wishing they won't qualify. Really poor attitude to have in a song contest.

After years of questionable voting of the juries (Azerbaijan was the main beneficiary of the previous voting, in 2015 and 2014 they qualified instead of Czech Republic and Portugal thanks to the juries), imported Swedish entries and accusations of corruptions I think it would be great if Azerbaijan gets a break from the final. Maybe it will change the attitude of Azerbaijani broadcaster.

Perhaps this is poor attitude but then many Eurofans have poor attitude (look at the boos after Polina's performance last year as well as negativity towards Russia).

DanielLuis
28th February 2016, 20:33
After years of questionable voting of the juries (Azerbaijan was the main beneficiary of the previous voting, in 2015 and 2014 they qualified instead of Czech Republic and Portugal thanks to the juries), imported Swedish entries and accusations of corruptions I think it would be great if Azerbaijan gets a break from the final. Maybe it will change the attitude of Azerbaijani broadcaster.

Perhaps this is poor attitude but then many Eurofans have poor attitude (look at the boos after Polina's performance last year as well as negativity towards Russia).

The only questionable Azeri results are the 2013 ones. Those were the ones where there was more or less proof of rigging happening (and the proof that exists is for televoting, that SIM cards in Lithuania case). In 2014 and 2015 the jury voting was 100% transparent with the new rules made by the EBU and I think both songs would naturally be helped by the juries, as the genre of the songs was the type they usually like, but I do agree that in 2014 the jury overrated them simply because the live performance was very weak.
I do think the Azeri broadcaster has changed their atittude after the scandal in 2013. Whatever the case though, this is a song contest and we shouldn't wish for a country to fail without even listening to their song. Give them a chance, who knows, they might surprise you.
And the just because some fans had a bad attitude in another case that is not an excuse we can use to justify having a bad atittude ourselves.

Mii11
28th February 2016, 20:56
The only questionable Azeri results are the 2013 ones. Those were the ones where there was more or less proof of rigging happening (and the proof that exists is for televoting, that SIM cards in Lithuania case). In 2014 and 2015 the jury voting was 100% transparent with the new rules made by the EBU and I think both songs would naturally be helped by the juries, as the genre of the songs was the type they usually like, but I do agree that in 2014 the jury overrated them simply because the live performance was very weak.
I do think the Azeri broadcaster has changed their atittude after the scandal in 2013. Whatever the case though, this is a song contest and we shouldn't wish for a country to fail without even listening to their song. Give them a chance, who knows, they might surprise you.
And the just because some fans had a bad attitude in another case that is not an excuse we can use to justify having a bad atittude ourselves.

They won't surprise me. They will still continue their policy of sending Swedish songs to Eurovision. ITV should be ashamed of themselves - they have never send an entry in Azerbaijani language and overall the way they are representing Azerbaijan in international contest is scandalous. I think that not only 2013 results but also the results from 2014 and 2015 were questionable - how can you explain odd 'friendship' between Azerbaijani and San Marinese jury? How can you explain the fact that Czech public and jury seems to love Azerbaijan (the audience in Czech republic is quite small so it would be rather easy to rig televoting)? Maybe these are just random situations but it is suspicious.

Preuss
28th February 2016, 21:34
I just wonder why should Azerbaijan send a song in their own language? you are judging Azerbaijan on that they don't send a song in Azerbaijan language? Eurovision today is way more modern than it was before when the countries song a song in their own langugaes... You can' take Azerbaijan down because of that. I can't believe that's a problem for you actually... Yeah, the swedish thing is quite cynical, but they bring quality to the contest at least. United Kingdom haven't for years... no offense I really liked Molly in 2014, but you have muscles to bring ESC quality. ESC to London would've been fantastic.

Mii11
28th February 2016, 22:52
I just wonder why should Azerbaijan send a song in their own language? you are judging Azerbaijan on that they don't send a song in Azerbaijan language? Eurovision today is way more modern than it was before when the countries song a song in their own langugaes... You can' take Azerbaijan down because of that. I can't believe that's a problem for you actually... Yeah, the swedish thing is quite cynical, but they bring quality to the contest at least. United Kingdom haven't for years... no offense I really liked Molly in 2014, but you have muscles to bring ESC quality. ESC to London would've been fantastic.

So are you implying that non-Swedish=low quality? That's incredibly discriminatory thing to suggest, I'm sure you don't mean that. There are many talented songwriters that are not from Sweden (e.g. Aminata Savogado from ::lv)
In the same way modern song doesn't mean it has to be sung in English language. Look at Papaoutai. Azerbaijan is one of the countries (I think perhaps even the only one) that has never sung in their national language. It is laughable to think that the country that introduced Azerbaijani language to the contest was... Bulgaria back in 2012. I think it is not a bad thing to import a song once or twice, but doing it every year is disrespectful towards the local people.

Perhaps British entries are bad, but at least they are British. They are made by people who live in the UK.

Gera11
28th February 2016, 23:00
Let's face it, the azeri local music industry isn't the brightest and I'm not sure would do a big deal in Eurovision.
Do you want something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ELsf4VH38

AshleyWright
28th February 2016, 23:07
Let's face it, the azeri local music industry isn't the brightest and I'm not sure would do a big deal in Eurovision.

yes.

Fierro
28th February 2016, 23:08
Nobody needs Azerbaijan on Eurovision with copypasted Swedish hits.

Mii11
28th February 2016, 23:11

Well, this one is bad. However, I don't believe that there are no decent songwriters and music producers in the whole of Azerbaijan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71INrw9Y47c

Mrm
28th February 2016, 23:15

Yes.

With that kitchen in the background, with the kitchen on the stage in Stockholm, please! xpray xlove xheart

tuorem
28th February 2016, 23:21
Honestly, I woud dig something in your face like Quzu. It's been a while since we've heard a truly oriental-sounding uptempo song in Eurovision.

Mrm
28th February 2016, 23:23
Honestly, I woud dig something in your face like Quzu. It's been a while since we've heard a truly oriental-sounding uptempo song in Eurovision.

Maybe France can pick smth like that, smth Algrerian, Morrocan, Tunisian! xlove xheart

Gera11
28th February 2016, 23:24

Uhm, Israel 2015 isn't oriental-sounding enough? :lol:

tuorem
28th February 2016, 23:30
Maybe France can pick smth like that, smth Algrerian, Morrocan, Tunisian! xlove xheart

Whatever the sound, we should send a good song :lol: That would be a good start for us!

Uhm, Israel 2015 isn't oriental-sounding enough? :lol:

Not really, it was rather a pop song with some oriental-inspired strings to me. And English destroyed its genuineness in that department :lol:
I want a real oriental uptempo song! :D

toinou03
28th February 2016, 23:42

In those times... :lol: I don't know how it would be seen...

But we'll have an Israelian singer apparently, yet the song isn't oriental at all...

Mrm
28th February 2016, 23:44
toinou03 and tuorem

Zaho and Tunisiano would be awesome..

toinou03
29th February 2016, 00:08
@<b><a href="http://www.escunited.com/member.php?u=8798" target="_blank">toinou03</a></b> and @<b><a href="http://www.escunited.com/member.php?u=9195" target="_blank">tuorem</a></b>

Zaho and Tunisiano would be awesome..

I take Zaho anytime ;)
With this kind of songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO6I6-LBx-A

Canadian talents xbow

... sorry for the off-topic. At least, it revives the ::az section ! :D

QwaarJet
6th March 2016, 00:25
Anyone get the feeling that Azerbaijan will come out of nowhere on deadline day and hit us with a potential winner?

DaFlo
6th March 2016, 00:28
^^ hopefully

Azerbaijan I believe in youuuuuu xpray

Uvaro
6th March 2016, 00:31
i wouldn't be surprised. this year is reminding me more and more of 2011 by the minute.

tsegaye
6th March 2016, 00:31
Oh yeah that might happen, but I was hoping for Armenia this year :( Either way I would rather go to Baku again than Moscow if the song is better.

Mii11
6th March 2016, 00:32
I have to admit that Xatun's song Quzu is growing on me. :lol: It is my guilty pleasure.

RainyWoods
6th March 2016, 00:39
I hope the artist is the mysterious woman with an iconic bob, who appeared with Valentina Monetta during her legendary Breakfast TV performance of the jazz standard "My Funny Valentine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36aw-1tD_Y

SwissKung
6th March 2016, 00:40
Anyone get the feeling that Azerbaijan will come out of nowhere on deadline day and hit us with a potential winner?

Just like last year and then the live performance happenned....

Gera11
6th March 2016, 01:06

Well this year feels quite like 2011 :lol:

Matt
6th March 2016, 01:07
Azerjan usually waits until the last minute so it doesn't come as a surprise this year.

lavieenrose
6th March 2016, 01:08
I hope the artist is the mysterious woman with an iconic bob, who appeared with Valentina Monetta during her legendary Breakfast TV performance of the jazz standard "My Funny Valentine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36aw-1tD_Y

MWWAIB xheart xheat xhat My favorite singer/person in all of Azerbaijan.

WhoKnows
6th March 2016, 01:12

Yes please.

I only really like two songs, Ukraine and Cyprus. Poland failed me today. Nothing in Sweden is any good. I don't have much hope for the rest.

QwaarJet
6th March 2016, 03:20
Yes please.

I only really like two songs, Ukraine and Cyprus. Poland failed me today. Nothing in Sweden is any good. I don't have much hope for the rest.

Cyprus and Iceland are my only two. Sweden will make it three if they select Robin or Oscar and I'm still hoping for Kaliopi and Poli. Beyond that, I have no hope. At this stage, I'm rooting for Azerbaijan and happy that Russia have a good song. That is how desperate I have become.

QwaarJet
6th March 2016, 03:23
Azerjan usually waits until the last minute so it doesn't come as a surprise this year.

Except that their last 2 reveals have been very disappointing, and they have been out of the running and spotlight for the last 2 years. They are waiting in the shadows... ready to POUNCE! And on that day, we will be shocked with what we hear. xshock

Matt
6th March 2016, 03:33
Except that their last 2 reveals have been very disappointing, and they have been out of the running and spotlight for the last 2 years. They are waiting in the shadows... ready to POUNCE! And on that day, we will be shocked with what we hear. xshock

Last year's entry was actually very popular among the fans and polls but somehow fell flat in Vienna. But this shows that Azerbaijan could easily fail to qualify from the Semis and their "sure qualifier" status is no longer guaranteed.

GWTW1939
6th March 2016, 03:39
The last 2 years the songs have been there (just as good as their successful ones) but the performances haven't. The vocals were off, not well covered by the backing, and the presentation wasn't as smart and slick either. The trapeze and two dancers were distractions and not helpful additions at all xshrug

Compare the overall presentations of the last 2 years and the years before that and its like night and day. Like new people are in charge and they don't quite know what to do.

tuorem
6th March 2016, 03:47
RainyWoods OMG Valentina knew how to party there xshock xheat the end with all the mere mortals dancing on that classic hit xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7hK1J6EeM

deese
6th March 2016, 05:16
The last 2 years the songs have been there (just as good as their successful ones) but the performances haven't. The vocals were off, not well covered by the backing, and the presentation wasn't as smart and slick either. The trapeze and two dancers were distractions and not helpful additions at all xshrug

Compare the overall presentations of the last 2 years and the years before that and its like night and day. Like new people are in charge and they don't quite know what to do.

Which is actially true. A new group of people has been in charge since 2014.

Guys, do not expect anything special, most probably it is going to be just meh.

Sammy
6th March 2016, 09:14
Guys, do not expect anything special, most probably it is going to be just meh.
And still it will get to the final... whatever it is :lol:

Preuss
7th March 2016, 18:51
Azerbaijan bring us some quality now.. this year competition really needs it.

Sammy
7th March 2016, 18:53

Would be the first time. :lol:

Though I liked some of the azeri entries quite a lot.

two or three..

Preuss
7th March 2016, 18:54
Would be the first time. :lol:

Though I liked some of the azeri entries quite a lot.

two or three..

I really like all of Azerbaijans entries, except from that in 2008... 2012 and 2014 are my favourites btw.. Dilara was robbed :(

John1
7th March 2016, 18:56

It ought not to be the case in regard to the 2 previous songs which Azerbaijan sent...

Sammy
7th March 2016, 18:57
I really like all of Azerbaijans entries, except from that in 2008... 2012 and 2014 are my favourites btw.. Dilara was robbed :(

That's where we disagree. I found Dilara utterly boring. I wouldn't even have her in the final.

Preuss
7th March 2016, 19:00
That's where we disagree. I found Dilara utterly boring. I wouldn't even have her in the final.

Really? I think the song is beautiful... why the hell didn't they bring the light from the rehearsal on her dress to the performance? I have always wonder on that...

Sammy
7th March 2016, 19:03
Really? I think the song is beautiful... why the hell didn't they bring the light from the rehearsal on her dress to the performance? I have always wonder on that...

Well I felt it was the n-th version of the same song, heard a hundred times before. But I noticed a lot of people liked it.

Preuss
7th March 2016, 19:06
Well I felt it was the n-th version of the same song, heard a hundred times before. But I noticed a lot of people liked it.

Well I loved the light on her dress :(

I hope Azerbaijan don't comes up with the studio version this year... And when are thety going to announce the song?

John1
7th March 2016, 19:17
Well I loved the light on her dress :(

I hope Azerbaijan don't comes up with the studio version this year... And when are thety going to announce the song?

12th of March.

Preuss
7th March 2016, 19:19
12th of March.

And they haven't even presented the artist...

John1
7th March 2016, 19:20
And they haven't even presented the artist...

Both song and artist will be presented together!

deese
7th March 2016, 19:32
12th of March.

the 14 th.
Some rumors started to circulate in facebook. They say that Samra (one of the finalist of local Voice will represent us).
However, nothing is certain yet.

John1
7th March 2016, 19:36
the 14 th.
Some rumors started to circulate in facebook. They say that Samra (one of the finalist of local Voice will represent us).

Uppss!!!! My mistake!

Samra would be certainly more able to represent your country than Dilara.. :lol:

AshleyWright
7th March 2016, 19:47
the 14 th.

Well I saw this on instagram the other day from Safura's page.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/wl/t34.0-12/12834797_10154017570664172_818397283_n.jpg?oh=4526 0fe09ba7122261ceffd802713c8a&oe=56DF8142

#eurovision.

Carrie
8th March 2016, 00:58
My prediction is Emilia Yagubova.

deese
8th March 2016, 06:12
My prediction is Emilia Yagubova.

It would be awesome

SuRi
8th March 2016, 11:20
the 14 th.

Yeah, it's Samra(not Samira) Rahimli. :(

deese
8th March 2016, 12:52
Yeah, it's Samra(not Samira) Rahimli. :(

Well, then the dreams of our users may come true and we will miss the final.

AlekS
8th March 2016, 12:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5fqOht_-M

Gurl, no.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-17-2015/3o5_Ko.gif

*hope that it's someone else*

GianlucaTomoe
8th March 2016, 13:01
Can we listen to the song first and then decide whether it's worth of qualifying or not??? Or do we have to dismiss it already only because it's sung by a girl???

deese
8th March 2016, 13:04
Can we listen to the song first and then decide whether it's worth of qualifying or not??? Or do we have to dismiss it already only because it's sung by a girl???

It has nothing with her gender, lol

AlekS
8th March 2016, 13:18
out of all rumoured names (haven't heard many, though) I'm cheering for Samira Efendiyeva http://i.imgur.com/IdQdIk8.gif

GianlucaTomoe
8th March 2016, 13:19
It has nothing with her gender, lol

Then let's wait for the actual song, and then we may be able to judge.

tsegaye
8th March 2016, 15:54
Omg that was bad... Hope it's not her.

Polux
8th March 2016, 16:33
Is there any possibility of Azerbaijan buying and presenting Cool Me Down? I've read some rumours about it and it would be AWESOME

Gera11
8th March 2016, 16:34
oh god no :?

lowyby
8th March 2016, 17:38
Is there any possibility of Azerbaijan buying and presenting Cool Me Down? I've read some rumours about it and it would be AWESOME

They should and they should win and Poland will give them 12.

John1
8th March 2016, 18:37
They should and they should win and Poland will give them 12.

It's not all about a country -Azerbaijan- which borrows Margaret from Poland.
Indeed, if Margaret would sing for Azerbaijan, it wouldn't change her way of singing nor her attitude on the stage. :lol:
Despite having the opportunity to sing for a country which isn't such underrated as Poland.... erm... I'm not sure she would do well due to the fact that her voice doesn't fit in the criterion of a powerful/flawless performance in live.

Sammy
8th March 2016, 19:01
It's not all about a country -Azerbaijan- which borrows Margaret from Poland.
Indeed, if Margaret would sing for Azerbaijan, it wouldn't change her way of singing nor her attitude on the stage. :lol:
Despite having the opportunity to sing for a country which isn't such underrated as Poland.... erm... I'm not sure she would do well due to the fact that her voice doesn't fit in the criterion of a powerful/flawless performance in live.
I think they meant Azerbaijan should buy the song - not necessarily let Margaret sing it for them, but someone else.

Mii11
8th March 2016, 19:43

https://media.giphy.com/media/10Ce0RO17e2af6/giphy.gif

This song will soon be bought by Czech Republic. Azerbaijan, please don't spoil the only chance for Czech Republic to win the contest! xcry

tsegaye
8th March 2016, 19:54
What about...

Cool Me Down - Poli Genova
Cool Me Down - Nina Kraljić

?

John1
8th March 2016, 19:58
https://media.giphy.com/media/10Ce0RO17e2af6/giphy.gif

This song will soon be bought by Czech Republic. Azerbaijan, please don't spoil the only chance for Czech Republic to win the contest! xcry

Poor Gabriela Gunčíková, she's way better than Margaret.

Mii11
8th March 2016, 20:00
What about...

Cool Me Down - Poli Genova
Cool Me Down - Nina Kraljić

?

http://i.imgur.com/ScvTI1d.gif

The only possible option is:
Cool Me Down - Gabriela Gunciková xheart

Bakinka
10th March 2016, 09:42
The representative of Azerbaijan and our song is already known (http://itv.az/index.php/en/eurovision-2016/azaerbaydzan-eurovision-da-saemra-raehimli-taemsil-edaedzaek):

http://itv.az/media/k2/items/cache/cd89a02f52517dcaf6e511fe38b79082_XL.jpg

theCONWEL
10th March 2016, 09:50
These desperate fan theories about Cool Me Down :lol:

It lost, accept it! That song will not be in Eurovision.

Schlagerman1
10th March 2016, 10:19
Gurl, no.

*hope that it's someone else*

About the audition, I don't think it is actually THAT bad. It is obvious that she selected a hard song, that is on a higher note than she is capable of. With a more simple song, in a lower note, than it might work out live. ;)

deese
10th March 2016, 11:01
Well, this year we might miss the final and our users here will be happy, their wish may come true.))

QwaarJet
10th March 2016, 11:20
Well, this year we might miss the final and our users here will be happy, their wish may come true.))

I think I'll wait for the song before deciding to dismiss Azerbaijan. Still think it could surprise us.

deese
10th March 2016, 12:03
The presentation is at the weekend. On Saturday or Sunday.

Sammy
10th March 2016, 14:20
I honestly hope, that she made a biiiiig improvement since this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05exQRbbwY

I can't believe she made it through the blind auditions! Or did she just have a bad day on this occasion?

Gera11
10th March 2016, 16:01
Outrageous. There could be only one Miracle! :lol:

Nikkita
10th March 2016, 20:19
She actually sounds good in Azeri. But Azerbaijan, as a MODERN and EUROPEAN country, will not go with their own language again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVArWCV8EU

Terence
10th March 2016, 20:44
From the title I think it's going to be another ballad... let's hope there are at least some ethnic influences.

Mii11
10th March 2016, 20:48
She actually sounds good in Azeri. But Azerbaijan, as a MODERN and EUROPEAN country, will not go with their own language again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVArWCV8EU

I find it quite sad. :(

toinou03
10th March 2016, 21:07
I honestly hope, that she made a biiiiig improvement since this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05exQRbbwY

I can't believe she made it through the blind auditions! Or did she just have a bad day on this occasion?

Indeed, her The Voice performances aren't very promising. :? But maybe the coaches turned their seats because they are used to the Milim and their dreadful performances ! :lol:

Dessi
10th March 2016, 21:29
Is there a video out there of "Miracle"? Or do I have to wait until the 14th? :? xheart

John1
10th March 2016, 21:59
OMFG I don't like her voice... too squeaky imo. xqueenbitch

GRE
10th March 2016, 22:53
From the title I think it's going to be another ballad... let's hope there are at least some ethnic influences.

Swedish ethnic influences ?

tuorem
11th March 2016, 01:39
Swedish ethnic influences ?

For Azerbaijan, "ethnic" would mean a "When The Music Dies" or "Start A Fire" kind of flavor. :mrgreen: Nothing too prominent.

DanielLuis
11th March 2016, 01:49

I think Wiwibloggs said it's going to be more uptempo than Azerbaijan's recent entries.

AshleyWright
11th March 2016, 02:04
Romania 2014 entry was called 'Miracle' and that was way way far from a ballad. :lol: If it is indeed uptempo then I am looking forward to hearing their entry. I really think they will be knocking us all out on Monday with something great.

LesterMalvo
11th March 2016, 03:57
Rahimli means uterus right? :?

r3gg13
11th March 2016, 04:15
For Azerbaijan, "ethnic" would mean a "When The Music Dies" or "Start A Fire" kind of flavor. :mrgreen: Nothing too prominent.

Insert balaban here. :lol: MAYBE some light ululation if they're feeling ballsy.

deese
11th March 2016, 07:04
It is not up tempo, for sure. It is moderate ballad tempo.

ParadiseES
11th March 2016, 14:56
To me "miracle" looks like a cheesy anthemic europop song rather than a ballad, but we'll see.

Ewigkeit
11th March 2016, 14:58
Rahimli means uterus right? :?
It does, in Turkish, not in Azerbaijani. Rahim also means "merciful" in Arabic. I strongly believe her surname comes from Arabic origin.

Bakinka
11th March 2016, 16:18
A la Amy Winehouse)

http://savepic.ru/8970008.jpg

CatEye
11th March 2016, 16:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b5JvmiYgjGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shs-NKWD-PA&feature=player_embedded
She's the next Aisha. Vocals of the year.

Sammy
11th March 2016, 16:44
I can't believe, the show she participated, really was called "the VOICE" :shock:

These videos are giving me Florence-Foster-Jenkins-Vibes. :xrofl

Bakinka
11th March 2016, 16:59
Elnur and Samra's Mother:

https://pp.vk.me/c621919/v621919548/1029f/-MIxUEgVfjM.jpg

Bakinka
11th March 2016, 17:04
http://savepic.ru/8934201.jpg

Johnny992
11th March 2016, 17:31
I hope that one day Azeri song will be composed by Azeri composers and songwriters....................................... .................

They have not showed anything their own so far which is sad............

Terence
11th March 2016, 17:52
That title reminds me of Mariah and Whitney's "If You Believe"... 'there can be miracles when you believe..."

Azerbaijan please... no such sickly sweet ballad!!! At least a ballad like Sabina from 2012!

Gera11
11th March 2016, 17:53
That title reminds me of Mariah and Whitney's "If You Believe"... 'there can be miracles when you believe..."

Azerbaijan please... no such sickly sweet ballad!!! At least a ballad like Sabina from 2012!

This.

Dessi
11th March 2016, 22:14
I've asked before, but I'll ask again... When will we hear the song? xgaahxwait
I can't wait no more... xcry1

LesterMalvo
11th March 2016, 22:16
They have not showed anything their own so far which is sad............

Who cares? As long as the song is good enough, I don't really care where are the composers from. Always better than coming with a cheesy song.

Sean
12th March 2016, 03:10
I remember when people shared similar videos about an Azeri choice a few years back. Can't remember who it was but that same person people thought was tone-deaf in these shows ended up coming Top 10 in Eurovision. Wait and see.

Sammy
12th March 2016, 08:04
Of course Azerbaijan has sent - let's say not the best - singers in the past that did well. Like Nigar from Ell & Nikki. And she even won the thing (well maybe she wouldn't have all by herself), but what I've heard from Samra so far, she is without the shadow of a doubt the worst singer Azerbaijan has EVER sent to Eurovision, and she's among the worst ones if not the worst one also that EVER entered the Eurovision stage. So, if she does well, than it is the ultimate proof, that there is a big bias when it comes to judging the entry of some countries.

wyq614
12th March 2016, 23:01
Do you have any idea when the song will be out? Tomorrow or Monday?

joancamo
13th March 2016, 00:48
Of course Azerbaijan has sent - let's say not the best - singers in the past that did well. Like Nigar from Ell & Nikki. And she even won the thing (well maybe she wouldn't have all by herself), but what I've heard from Samra so far, she is without the shadow of a doubt the worst singer Azerbaijan has EVER sent to Eurovision, and she's among the worst ones if not the worst one also that EVER entered the Eurovision stage. So, if she does well, than it is the ultimate proof, that there is a big bias when it comes to judging the entry of some countries.

OMG!!! xshock
If that's true I hope it helps one of the underrated countries in Semi 1 a chance to qualify (::cz,::at,::fi)xyes

tuorem
13th March 2016, 00:51
Well, maybe the song will actually fit her vocals. If she isn't that good vocally, she may have been given a song without any major vocal spin. Something soft.

Uvaro
13th March 2016, 12:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dix6XJ_Uo-w

FoxOfShadows
13th March 2016, 12:03
Starts well but the chorus is boring and repetitive and the song goes nowhere after that. It's sad that this is almost certainly going to take a place in the final away from a better song in Semi 1 :(

Uvaro
13th March 2016, 12:06
if she nails the live performance then we could easily be in baku again next year.

Vera
13th March 2016, 12:07
Nice. 8pt

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:07
Oh f*ck it's REALLY good... :?

julien4ESC
13th March 2016, 12:09
It's okish I guess but not a contender for the win.

blein
13th March 2016, 12:09
Heart Shaped Hole+Ghost+My heart wants me dead=Miracle < Very good entry

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:10
Top 5 easily, it could be the next Safura though with being the favourite by the bookies and finishing 5th or something...

megzpegz
13th March 2016, 12:11
Average.

tsegaye
Heart Shaped Hole+Ghost+My heart wants me dead=Miracle < Very good entry

This is x10 better than the best of those three songs in my opinion...

Vera
But it just sounds so Swedish to me:confused:
Again swedish composers??????

ory26
13th March 2016, 12:13
It's a good song, but she can't sing in live.

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:18
But it just sounds so Swedish to me:confused:
Again swedish composers??????

Yes actually... But they are new this year hehe...

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:19
It's a good song, but she can't sing in live.

I agree, but a LOT can happen in two months when you get to rehearse the exact same song for two months in a row, it's nothing like learning to sing an already existing song for like a week!

Vera
13th March 2016, 12:20
Yes actually... But they are new this year hehe...

OMG:D
Well, bravo for the composers :-)

Fierro
13th March 2016, 12:22
The song is very good, but it is too typical for Eurovision.

Preuss
13th March 2016, 12:22
I like this from Azerbaijan... This is one of my favourites now together with Germany and Ukraina ;)

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:25
If she sings good ENOUGH live with a strong performance this could win... I think it's the same as it was with Farid, he wasn't the best singer and the song was good but not perfect (but enough to win) and he sang good ENOUGH and the performance was killer. This year we have no Emmelie (a clear favourite) so who knows where this will end up, the juries will love it for sure. Sorry that I'm posting a lot, it maybe shows how much I like this:rolleyes:

EscGeek
13th March 2016, 12:27
2nd best azeri entry ever and i only heard it once! Instant top 10 in my book x12s

(probably no one will ever beat elnur and samir) :mrgreen:

xclap

Uvaro
13th March 2016, 12:30
i don't see the big issue with her vocals tbh. they're not perfect and she tends to shout instead of sing at times, but we've certainly heard worse at eurovision. and with months to practice before the competition, i'd be shocked if she didn't improve.

AshleyWright
13th March 2016, 12:31
Azerbaijan just slayed me. xfaint Great entry, and they've finally ditched their ballads.

Kairit
13th March 2016, 12:32
Meh... Empty entry. Just another song. xshrug I get that it's another Swedish quality pop product, but it doesn't sway me in any way. It's the kind of radio sod that goes in from one ear and out the other and you won't remember anything about it or won't particularly want to ever hear it again.

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:33
Azerbaijan just slayed me. xfaint Great entry, and they've finally ditched their ballads.

I actually though you'd like it :lol:

QwaarJet
13th March 2016, 12:34
I'll just drop this here...

Preuss
13th March 2016, 12:36
But is this swedish written?

Kaz
13th March 2016, 12:37
I think I just orgasmed. I've never loved an Azeri entry so much before.

JamieBrown
13th March 2016, 12:39
Anything I can say good about this entry? No. Next, please.

I even have to hate that it will take one place in the final instantly :(

DiabloRoma
13th March 2016, 12:40
Wiwibloggs reports that it has been made with the usual Swedish help.

So, call it Sweden 2 again...

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 12:41
But is this swedish written?

Yes, by Amir Aly, Jakke "T.I Jakke" Erixson and Henrik Wikström. Henrik Wikström wrote Constellation Prize in Sweden and lots of other Melfest-songs and the same with Erixson but he is in RedOne's team as well. Amir Aly ha written a lot in Melfest as well.

EscGeek
13th March 2016, 12:43
Sweden 2 (Azerbaijan) always has better songs for me :lol:
it's 7:2 for Sweden 2 for me

LesterMalvo
13th March 2016, 12:48
Is the song bland ballad? Azerbaijan doesn't do well for me in last 2 years. I have low expectations so.

AshleyWright
13th March 2016, 12:48
I actually though you'd like it :lol:

Woah, my taste becoming that predictable. :lol: I'll remember that next something atrocious is picked and i'll pretend it's the best song ever. :geek:xshifty

CatEye
13th March 2016, 12:50
It's really bland and generic.

Sammy
13th March 2016, 12:58
A very good song. After all I heard from her she either made the quickest vocal development in history, which would be the true miracle of her entry, or the sound technicians in the recording studio would deserve a nobel prize for mixing if that existed.

I'm curious to hear her live with this.

But so far, I'm positivly surprised.

EscGeek
13th March 2016, 13:00
let's face it...this is as close to "cool me down" as we're gonna get:mrgreen:

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 13:01

Yeah and I'm really happy with it! :D

Alevender
13th March 2016, 13:03
10 points so far.

ayzelto
13th March 2016, 13:05
Nothing spectacular, and definitely not a winner. Her lives performances are not really good either, so let's see what she does.
6 points.

wyq614
13th March 2016, 13:07
Good job, 8 points, if it could add something ethnic I'd give it 10.

NikoR
13th March 2016, 13:08
not good for me !!! NEXT

QwaarJet
13th March 2016, 13:12

"Cool Me Down"...was that the song that was so good it couldn't even win it's NF? This is much better, and more accessible to those that don't love cheesy synth pop.

ayzelto
13th March 2016, 13:14
"Cool Me Down"...was that the song that was so good it couldn't even win it's NF? This is much better, and more accessible to those that don't love cheesy synth pop.

You must be kidding...

QwaarJet
13th March 2016, 13:15
You must be kidding...

Why?

RainyWoods
13th March 2016, 13:31
Best Azerbaijani entry..... EVER. Oh my goodness, it's fantastic! This is just what we needed. The chorus is ridiculously epic. It really soars and it's super infectious. Melodically it slays me. Providing everything comes together well live then I think we could just be going back to Azerbaijan next year. I've got to say i'm addicted to this already. It's glorious.

12 points!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy093.gif

DaFlo
13th March 2016, 13:35
this is what I needed xbow

slay me Azerbaijan 12 points

whiteshoes
13th March 2016, 13:41
Again a bad song from Azerbaijan and I already see myself being upset when this will end in Top 10 at a canter

Please ::az , leave ESC again or at least start sending something original. Maybe a real Azerbaijan production by an Azerbaijan composer but stop bribing Swedish composers to produce a generic pop song for you.

Probably my wish won't be fulfiled. :(

QwaarJet
13th March 2016, 13:43
Best Azerbaijani entry..... EVER. Oh my goodness, it's fantastic! This is just what we needed. The chorus is ridiculously epic. It really soars and it's super infectious. Melodically it slays me. Providing everything comes together well live then I think we could just be going back to Azerbaijan next year. I've got to say i'm addicted to this already. It's glorious.

12 points!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy093.gif

Okay, did NOT expect that.

Nicholas123
13th March 2016, 13:49
The awkward moment when you wish ::az had bought "Cool me down" :lol:

::1 point :mrgreen:

Jukica
13th March 2016, 14:05
Good entry, definitely much better than last 2 entries :D

tsegaye
13th March 2016, 14:14
Is it just me that thinks it's a Melfest-reject? They probably chose My Heart Wants Me Dead over this.

Scooby
13th March 2016, 14:44
Is there any single person in whole Azerbaijan who can wrote a song? This is really too much. All those years we have Swedish product under Azerbaijany flag.
Song is good, Samra is great singer but hellooooooo

6 points for now

WhoKnows
13th March 2016, 14:44
Haha. Slay, Azerbaijan!

It's probably their weakest entry since Running Scared or even Drip Drop but it's still better than at least 35 songs this year. Bought or not, they know how to pick good songs.

With that said, I'm not sold yet that she'll be able to deliver live. I'm sensing a Safura 2.0. But then, Safura still finished 5th.

Vera
13th March 2016, 14:48
It's probably their weakest entry since Running Scared or even Drip Drop but it's still better than at least 35 songs this year.
Oh, please, don't exaggerate:lol:

Tinchey
13th March 2016, 14:52
This is surprisingly decent, if I ignore the lyrics! :o 6 pts

WhoKnows
13th March 2016, 14:53
Oh, please, don't exaggerate:lol:

I didn't.

aef
13th March 2016, 14:54
I don't think it's that bad. 6 points from me.

Vera
13th March 2016, 14:57
I didn't.

Yes, you did;)

Mii11
13th March 2016, 14:59

The only reason Cool Me Down didn't win was because of Michal's fan base as well as the fact that Polish public prefers kitschy and outdated ballads over modern music (it's hardly surprising as the vast majority of people who watch TV are 50+). The song was favorite to win Eurovision and has 4 mln views on Youtube. It's hardly a bad song.

Back to Azerbaijan, I think this is a good entry and probably will be enough to bring Azerbaijan to the final. Having said that, I have impression that I've already listened to thousands of songs like that so it is not my favorite. 7 points for now.

Tinchey
13th March 2016, 15:01
This is surprisingly decent, if I ignore the lyrics! :o 6 pts

Changing to 8 points... xshock

popavapeur
13th March 2016, 15:01
i liked when i listened to it
but i did stuff, and i don't remember the song at all now. :/

Yoozek
13th March 2016, 15:07
The only reason Cool Me Down didn't win was because of Michal's fan base as well as the fact that Polish public prefers kitschy and outdated ballads over modern music (it's hardly surprising as the vast majority of people who watch TV are 50+). The song was favorite to win Eurovision and has 4 mln views on Youtube. It's hardly a bad song.

Riiiight, not like Margery gave a shitty performance and can't sing at all. It was other's fault they were better and not hers that she was shitty. If the opposites weren't good then Margery would be best. Here you really have a point I can't argue with.
Since when views on YT decide about ESC winner? Before the show everyone can be a favourite, so don't overreact on those positive opinions ABOUT MP3 VERSION since she can't deliver and calm your tits.

Mira, mira, mira, mira, mira ..... sun ...................... light ........ cle. I hate those kind of songs. One big fat 0 for this one.

Polux
13th March 2016, 15:09
12 CLEAR POINTS for Azerbaijan. Amazing entry, I was expecting something good but no THIS good. Those flowing harmonies, the amazing chorus, the detailed production... Top 5 for sure, they don't deserve less.

WhoKnows
13th March 2016, 15:12

I love CMD but this is embarrassing.

Smudy
13th March 2016, 15:16
8 points.

Mii11
13th March 2016, 15:18
Riiiight, not like Margery gave a shitty performance and can't sing at all. It was other's fault they were better and not hers that she was shitty. If the opposites weren't good then Margery would be best. Here you really have a point I can't argue with.
Since when views on YT decide about ESC winner? Before the show everyone can be a favourite, so don't overreact on those positive opinions ABOUT MP3 VERSION since she can't deliver and calm your tits.

Mira, mira, mira, mira, mira ..... sun ...................... light ........ cle. I hate those kind of songs. One big fat 0 for this one.

I am not saying Margaret would win Eurovision if she was selected, but she was a big favorite. Unlike Szpak. Her performance was worse than live version, but saying it was shitty is overstatement. However, I'm not surprised you said that; after all you are one of the haters so you are not objective. :) Even if Margaret won the contest, you would still say it was shitty.

Youtube views are very important because it indicates how popular each song is. People are less likely to vote for something that has 100,000 views than for something that has has 4mln views. This is because there is a bigger chance they have already listened to the latter so it could have grown on them by the time they are voting.

RainyWoods
13th March 2016, 15:19
Okay, did NOT expect that.

I am often down with the youth of today, despite being 87 years young. I know a tune when I hear one. I'm a sucker for a super infectious pop song. Basically this was the song Sweden were missing from their own Melodifestivalen this year. I was so craving something like this from them, and now Azerbaijan have given it to us. Pushing to one side the fact it annoys me how such a country can't write their own goddamn song. I think this entry is amazing. I can't help but love it.

sapsan
13th March 2016, 15:20
http://s20.rimg.info/fc15db41ec50ab9dd0dd06be83d545c4.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1280905095.html) Something prevents me to evaluate it in 12 pts right now though the song is really good. (Maybe the reason is a singer who is not enough charming in my opinion. I don't know http://s20.rimg.info/b5f9843b36e61101fcdf7099261fe78f.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1279411911.html)) Anyway it's in my TOP-10 and Azerbaijan traditionally can get my votes. ::6 with a tendency to turn into ::12

Mii11
13th March 2016, 15:20
I love CMD but this is embarrassing.

Why?

Vera
13th March 2016, 15:21
Youtube views are very important because it indicates how popular each song is. People are less likely to vote for something that has 100,000 views than for something that has has 4mln views. This is because there is a bigger chance they have already listened to the latter so it could have grown on them by the time they are voting.
This means that Russia should win every year???:confused: Or countries with Turkish diaspora? I think that is not true.

Mii11
13th March 2016, 15:22
To tell the truth, I would rather see Azerbaijan winning than Russia. Azerbaijani song is better IMO.

Mii11
13th March 2016, 15:23
This means that Russia should win every year???:confused: Or countries with Turkish diaspora? I think that is not true.

Russia does well every single year :)

Vera
13th March 2016, 15:25
Russia does well every single year :)

They have a good songs! Polina was magical last year. Best vocal in the competition.

Mii11
13th March 2016, 15:27
They have a good songs! Polina was magical last year. Best vocal in the competition.

I agree (although there are few exceptions). They also have high number of views on Youtube every single year. This helps them as well. :)

Carrie
13th March 2016, 15:31
I really like this; welcome back Azerbaijan! After two dud-live years I'm sure Samra can save your reputation. Love it xheart

cegs5
13th March 2016, 15:31
Yet another song and voice without a distinctive personality, it sounds like hundreds of formulaic soulless songs in the massive media. No doubt it'll score well, but for now I'll rather take a nap xsleep

Gera11
13th March 2016, 15:44
Basically this was the song Sweden were missing from their own Melodifestivalen this yea

Exactly what I was thinking. The song that should've win MF instead of that....thing. Unlike most of the ESC fans, I'm not obsessed with the fact that is composed by the swedes. It's not like every goddamn country except Azerbaijan are so original and they are bringing their input 100%.

Good God, never expected Azerbaijan to slay me this year and to sound better/more modern than Sweden and Australia xheat

12 points xheya 2nd entry in a row I love. DON'T SCREW THIS UP AGAIN ::az

cassio
13th March 2016, 16:07
meh, nothing special 6 points

Nikkita
13th March 2016, 16:29
It's a good song, it may make Azerbaijan win again so they could show their true ethnical identity for just one time, again.

lavieenrose
13th March 2016, 17:05
Eh. I don't get anything particularly infectious from this I have to admit - just goes right through me. 4 points.

RevNet
13th March 2016, 17:12
THE GOOD:

-She has good vocals.
-The instrumentals do enough to stand out.

THE BAD:

-It's only slightly memorable.
-Her vocals are almost drowned out by the instrumentals in parts of the song.
-It also has a tendency to drag on and on.

THE VERDICT:

While this song is better than some songs in the field, it pales in comparison to other songs. It's all up to the performance of the song in May. If she performs well, then I see her in the Final. I'll write this song as a good one, but not a great one. 7 points

Bakinka
13th March 2016, 17:14
http://savepic.ru/9032110.jpg

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1606903_710626305740937_8214719083755858932_n.jpg? oh=779cffceb12d7f7afc2fbad90d0b461d&oe=5795C06D

Bakinka
13th March 2016, 17:14
Amir Aly in Instagram wrote:

http://s13.radikal.ru/i186/1603/3e/100f01d27ca8.png

Yoozek
13th March 2016, 17:54
I am not saying Margaret would win Eurovision if she was selected, but she was a big favorite. Unlike Szpak. Her performance was worse than live version, but saying it was shitty is overstatement. However, I'm not surprised you said that; after all you are one of the haters so you are not objective. :) Even if Margaret won the contest, you would still say it was shitty.

She was shitty. That's what I think. If she was good I would not call that shit. I like the mp3 version and still I say the only thing she can do on stage is dancing. If that means I'm the hater, there you go. You're objective cause you say she did great job and I'm not objective cause I said that nf performance was shitty. Typical margery teenager-fans' logic.

You are dead serious, aren't you. O_o
Since when VIEWS on yt decide about the winner. Like....seriously. Who the hell cares on that saturday's night if some song has 50k views or 500 000mln. Eurovision is about performance. That has impact on the results. Not the popularity before the contest. No one will vote for a song just because it was popular in the internet.
What's more, Donatan & Cleo had more than 50mlns views. Does that mean Europe loved it? Nope. That means Poles loved it. And some big fans all over the world. Let's say 100k of them at most. They knew "My Słowianie". No one else cared. 95% of those 200mln audience in front of tvs had no idea who the hell is Cleo and how popular she is on the polish or on some foreign eurovision-about websites. They voted on the performance cause there was folk and there were tits. NO ONE voted cause the official video had 40-50mln views and comparing effects of internet popularity and promotion before the contest with effects of the performance is just damn dumb. And you're making me sad thinking it has any effects.

Margaret would be flop of the year cause she can't. sing. the. song. In case you're gonna answer, I won't cause it's pointless in this one.

Mii11
13th March 2016, 18:11
She was shitty. That's what I think. If she was good I would not call that shit. I like the mp3 version and still I say the only thing she can do on stage is dancing. If that means I'm the hater, there you go. You're objective cause you say she did great job and I'm not objective cause I said that nf performance was shitty. Typical margery teenager-fans' logic.

You are dead serious, aren't you. O_o
Since when VIEWS on yt decide about the winner. Like....seriously. Who the hell cares on that saturday's night if some song has 50k views or 500 000mln. Eurovision is about performance. That has impact on the results. Not the popularity before the contest. No one will vote for a song just because it was popular in the internet.
What's more, Donatan & Cleo had more than 50mlns views. Does that mean Europe loved it? Nope. That means Poles loved it. And some big fans all over the world. Let's say 100k of them at most. They knew "My Słowianie". No one else cared. 95% of those 200mln audience in front of tvs had no idea who the hell is Cleo and how popular she is on the polish or on some foreign eurovision-about websites. They voted on the performance cause there was folk and there were tits. NO ONE voted cause the official video had 40-50mln views and comparing effects of internet popularity and promotion before the contest with effects of the performance is just damn dumb. And you're making me sad thinking it has any effects.

Margaret would be flop of the year cause she can't. sing. the. song. In case you're gonna answer, I won't cause it's pointless in this one.

I'm not a fan of Margaret. I just happen to like some of her songs. She is not another Mariah Carey but she certainly stood out in Krajowe Eliminacje. She is also not a worse singer than, eg. Ell and Nikki.

I think you didn't even bother to read my post... I have already answered your question why it helps to achieve good result. 'My Slowiane' was 5th in televoting so it is certainly a great result, especially for a country like Poland. Poland has population of 37mln people, so I doubt that only Polish people liked My Slowianie (they would have to replay it many times).

Views on Youtube do not necessarily indicate a winner, but they indicate what is popular and it gives a big advantage. You don't have to be Einstein to understand it.

If you don't want to answer then don't reply. You shouldn't have replied to my first post in first place. It's a forum after all. It's extremely stupid to answer someone's post and then completely ignore discussion that emerges as a result. However, that's a typical attitude of haters who do not have any arguments so I'm not surprised.

ParadiseES
13th March 2016, 18:15
Azerbaijan sends (again) a good, well produced, but soul-less song. In my list this wouldn't qualify from the strongest semi ever. 5 points.

Romeo
13th March 2016, 18:33
SWEDES AGAIN? 7 out of their 9 entries have been written by Sweds!

Its a song we have heard 1000 times before. Don't get me wrong its a good song, just a bit obvious and lacks something. It wont flop but I don't see it doing very well

VikingTiger
13th March 2016, 18:35
Miracle seems to be professionally done, with a good production. I guess that is what one can expect from a swedish team when it comes to pop-music.
Like many of you, I find it quite pathetic that Az year after year is importing their entries. But the result this year is definitely not bad. For the reasons I've mentioned I will give it a 7, or maybe an 8. But apart from the fact that I find this a solid pop-song, this is not touching other strings in me.... no instant love here... not even a slight infatuation.
Another top 10? Difficult to say this year.

CPV4931
13th March 2016, 20:17
The best entry from Azerbaijan (one of my least favorite countries in ESC) since 2011, I quite like it.

deese
13th March 2016, 21:12
I don't even know what to say. The song is not bad, but is not good either. It is just average.
Anyway, i do not care.

EscTurkey
13th March 2016, 21:15
It's ironic how all fans nag here about the entry being composed by Swedes.
You guys are not being any more original than Azerbaijan, by overstating the fact that they opt for Swedish composers once again.
I don't want to generalize but most of you were prejudged to hate it anyway.
I appreciate that Azerbaijan puts much more effort than any other country, they indeed take it very seriously. They have never sent a completely rubbish entry that is doomed to place low. They always guarantee to appeal to most of the viewers.
Maybe indeed they do not have a strong musical industry for producing western style music. What do you want, them standing and declare "Yes, our composers suck so we import from Sweden". Will you be happy then? I feel the lack of this even in my country, Turkey. We have fewwwww singers who sing in English, and even those blend Western music with Eastern elements. We will never in the near future produce a song like Heroes or Euphoria, and that's what sells in the contest.

GWTW1939
13th March 2016, 21:47
This is the song Molly Sanden should have entered MF with :lol: Not surprising though since Azerbaijan always ends up with the Swedish song that's better then the majority of MF itself.

The song is definitely there but it will depend on the live show in Stockholm. The last two years the show has been a death sentence so it will be interesting to see if the streak continues or they can finally snap it.

nunaney
13th March 2016, 21:53
I don't even know what to say about this song. I'm completely indifferent. Samra is really pretty though. xheart

tuorem
13th March 2016, 22:20
It's ironic how all fans nag here about the entry being composed by Swedes.
You guys are not being any more original than Azerbaijan, by overstating the fact that they opt for Swedish composers once again.
I don't want to generalize but most of you were prejudged to hate it anyway.
I appreciate that Azerbaijan puts much more effort than any other country, they indeed take it very seriously. They have never sent a completely rubbish entry that is doomed to place low. They always guarantee to appeal to most of the viewers.
Maybe indeed they do not have a strong musical industry for producing western style music. What do you want, them standing and declare "Yes, our composers suck so we import from Sweden". Will you be happy then? I feel the lack of this even in my country, Turkey. We have fewwwww singers who sing in English, and even those blend Western music with Eastern elements. We will never in the near future produce a song like Heroes or Euphoria, and that's what sells in the contest.

If you want my opinion (maybe you don't, but there you go :D), it just feels like the Azeri broadcaster is lacking confidence towards local composers to me. We've only had one "true" Azeri-made entry so far and, even though I wouldn't praise it (not my type), we don't know what would have followed the year after, hadn't they decided to buy their songs abroad. IMO they should give it another try at least. Azerbaijan most probably does not produce Western-sounding music, that's a fact and that ok! :) Not a long time ago, oriental-sounding songs were quite popular in Eurovision, there is an audience for that kind of music and please don't assume it would be bound for failure. As long as it's well crafted and genuine, I don't see what could go wrong tbh.

Azerbaijan has sent quality pop songs with a rather wide appeal so far, that's for sure, but there's nothing Azeri in them (minus the singers), even their language hasn't been showcased once. They aren't Sweden and should realize that they have something else to offer.

Of course, if I find "Miracle" good, it won't prevent me from liking it and praising it. But I think it's too bad to rely solely on a borrowed identity while there are singers and composers out there who would do just as fine. And there's no honor in buying a song meant to please the crowd, any country could do that (and some others actually do).

Gera11
13th March 2016, 22:39
^ ESC is not a contest where you show your local culture anymore tho, otherwise everyone would sing in their native language.

Vera
13th March 2016, 22:44
^ ESC is not a contest where you show your local culture anymore tho, otherwise everyone would sing in their native language.

And this is what I would like to see. Hope dies last.