View Full Version : Belgium BELGIUM 2016 - Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure

Pages : [1] 2 3

escYOUnited
2nd May 2015, 20:57
http://s27.postimg.org/qzsc0rq3n/BELGIUM.png

http://www.escunited.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/lauratesoro.png

::be Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure ::be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHF1zlB3raU

Laura Tesoro was born on 19 August 1996 in Flanders. She had her first acting role in the Flemish crime drama Witse as Evy Cuypers in 2008, and went on to perform in musicals such as Annie and Domino. She performed at Ketnetpop in 2009. From 2012 to 2014, she appeared as Charlotte in Familie, a love interest to Guido. In 2014 she appeared in season three of The Voice van Vlaanderen, where she ended up as the runner-up. Throughout her time on the show, she was a member of Team Koen. She released her debut single "Outta Here" the same year, which peaked at number 23 on the Flemish singles chart.

In 2015, she released her second single "Funky Love". In November 2015, Tesoro was announced as one of the five participants of Eurosong 2016.

Sim
2nd May 2015, 21:00
We want a good song VRT! Please!

Sean
21st May 2015, 17:09
So where will Belgium host?

popavapeur
21st May 2015, 17:37
I kind of hope we won't win. ESC will show if we're able to work together or we'll have an apocalypse.
The best Venue should be in Anvers/Antwerpen but that's in Flanders and RTBF will want something "neutral" like Brussels (even if it's more french speaking over there)
But we were able to host JESC without a problem... fingers crossed.

Bench
21st May 2015, 18:05
Yes I'm also really curious how and especially where Belgium will host the contest if we would win. I do hope on a cooperation between the two broadcasters but I don't think this will happen. Indeed like popavapeur said, Antwerp would be the best venue I think, but I don't think RTBF will choose this. So probably Brussels.

In 2005 we did a JESC indeed en this was in Hasselt. There we also have a great hall to host the show but there aren't enough hotels so this would probably not be an option.

popavapeur
22nd May 2015, 12:25
the question is "will they work together" in the case of a win? because the winner is obviously not VRT but RTBF and so, the latter would choose to work alone as it's its own victory. But the best thing seeing the two broadcoasters working together is... they're TWO. Like more money, Flanders or Wallonia has a bigger audience than some countries alone, both put together can give us a great show + the fact it's one of the western countries, Belgium is not rich but not poor either.
Brussels is a good idea too for the symbolic of europe.

Let's see on saturday but i'll be proud of us if we manage the top 5 anyway :)

Sim
22nd May 2015, 12:31
Well in 1987 the RTBF hosted the show and the Vrt Had to pick an artist.
Honestly I would also think it is better and m1ybe also cheaper when both broadcasters cooperate.

RTBF paid for the 1987 Song Contest until 2007!

lowyby
22nd May 2015, 16:09
Well in 1987 the RTBF hosted the show and the Vrt Had to pick an artist.
Honestly I would also think it is better and m1ybe also cheaper when both broadcasters cooperate.

RTBF paid for the 1987 Song Contest until 2007!

Maybe that's the reason why they sent shitty songs until 2009 :P
They should find a way to make it kind of cheap though...
Greece even made a profit in 2006
Belgium is ready to host Eurovision <3
IMO We also always find nice things to show, without it being utterly expensive, so that could help

Sim
24th May 2015, 15:10
VRT has confirmed their participation in Sweden for next year.

We even have a selection method yet.
Every artist who is interested can write to the VRT and they will pick 5 artists.

source: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/cultuur%2Ben%2Bmedia/muziek/2.36946?eid=1.2349157

lowyby
24th May 2015, 15:18
They will also actively search for artists, and the fact that they're so early give me high hopes
I just WISH that they dump the awful, annoying, influencing juries :S

0scar
24th May 2015, 15:55
Well I guess VRT wants to do well next year and reach the final, after RTBF managed to do it twice in a row now (Love Kills, Rhythm Inside), while VRT failed (Would You, Mother).

Sim
24th May 2015, 15:58
Well I guess VRT wants to do well next year and reach the final, after RTBF managed to do it twice in a row now (Love Kills, Rhythm Inside), while VRT failed (Would You, Mother).

First thing they need to do is to eliminatie biased juries and give carte blanche to the artists to make a song THEY want, not what the VRT wants

DanielLuis
24th May 2015, 17:37
I guess VRT is inspired with this year's 4th result. They really need to work hard if they want to do better than RTBF

Quent91
24th May 2015, 17:45
I guess VRT is inspired with this year's 4th result. They really need to work hard if they want todo better than RTBF

They were also inspired by the good ranking of Roberto in 2013, yet they made a big Melodifestivalen-like show and they got cucked in the semifinal in 2014.

DanielLuis
24th May 2015, 17:47
They were also inspired by the good ranking of Roberto in 2013, yet they made a big Melodifestivalen-like show and they got cucked in the semifinal in 2014.

NF's with those casting proccess never work though (except for Germany)

lowyby
24th May 2015, 18:35
Let's prepare for another DNQ :P

lavieenrose
24th May 2015, 18:41
I do hope that we don't get another lengthy NF plus the endless cover round given the ultimate result. A Eurovision covers round in a national final is a clever idea, but has anyone noticed that it's been tried by two NQers (Belgium and Lithuania 2014) and Cyprus in 2015?

popavapeur
27th May 2015, 14:26
they definitely shouldn't put a Walloon in it (and that's a walloon who said that) i'm afraid people in Wallonia would vote for that person only for that reason and send a terrible song (like last year). Or if they put one, at least they should have a 50/50 or more than one guy coming from the south.

BTW Kate Ryan (Belgium 2006) tweeted something : " I think i'm gonna try it once again in #eurovision2016 #yesorno? YESSSSWECANNNN❤️❤️❤️❤️💃💃💃💃💃💃💃"

lowyby
27th May 2015, 14:32
I actually wouldnt mind Kate Ryan. Imo shes still the best Flandrian attempt since 2006 (Yes I liked her more than tom) and she only lacked good backings and a good show. She could do it and as she is in hunger to relive her carreer.. shell probably be there

lavieenrose
27th May 2015, 14:37
BTW Kate Ryan (Belgium 2006) tweeted something : " I think i'm gonna try it once again in #eurovision2016 #yesorno? YESSSSWECANNNN❤️❤️❤️❤️��������������"

Oooooh yes yes yes!

Sean
27th May 2015, 15:52
Bringing back the quen flop of all quen flops is not going to be a good idea, I can tell you now.

lowyby
27th May 2015, 16:08
BREAKING NEWS: For the 10 year flop anniversary of Kate Ryan, Flanders came up with the excellent idea to make a supergroup consisting of people of the flopiaspora. It's confirmed that Kate Ryan, Charlotte Perelli, Mei Feingold, Edurne, Soraya and Anna Berghendahl will perform Je t'its my amanecer's same heroes heart para mi

EDIT: It's also confirmed that they'll be all wearing their purple pyjamas

Quent91
27th May 2015, 16:18
Bringing back the quen flop of all quen flops is not going to be a good idea, I can tell you now.

she flopped because the semi-final system back then was just terrible and non-sense.

Sim
28th May 2015, 13:36
she flopped because the semi-final system back then was just terrible and non-sense.

well and she totally changed her act and with all those mics, I looked like a mess

Krishoes
28th May 2015, 14:06
No Kate Ryan please... after the great result of Loic it would be a tragedy, first of all for the music.

AshleyWright
28th May 2015, 15:58
Kate Ryan. xlove That would just be amazing. xhat

popavapeur
28th May 2015, 18:03
i wouldn't mind some Atemlos durch die nacht - fischer style poppers club remix. what bothers me is her non-existent charisma, a little trip to Azerbaijan to make that up :lol:

ory26
28th May 2015, 18:06
Kate Ryan xscared

GRE
1st June 2015, 12:14
Is she still popular in Belgium?

Sim
1st June 2015, 21:03
Is she still popular in Belgium?

It's rather quiet around her BUT her management told today that those rumours are not true...

popavapeur
1st June 2015, 23:26
Sim ? not true? how come? she tweeted herself the message.

lavieenrose
2nd June 2015, 12:04
Christoff xpray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd8ftk4j-8

ElRuso
2nd June 2015, 12:43

She tweeted this : #eurovisionsongcontest #2006 take a good look at my backings and the backings of the winner of this year��❤️#sweden

Sim
2nd June 2015, 13:39

maybe she had not good communicated with her management xlol

DanielLuis
2nd June 2015, 15:22
She tweeted this : #eurovisionsongcontest #2006 take a good look at my backings and the backings of the winner of this year��❤️#sweden

She then tweeted fans asking if she should do eurovision 2016 or not.

ElRuso
2nd June 2015, 16:33
She then tweeted fans asking if she should do eurovision 2016 or not.

Oh. Europe definately needs more panties on the screenxyaay

Kairit
3rd June 2015, 16:22
I'm gonna miss Loc... xcry1

Anyways yeah, I hope Belgium steps up their game after an amazing entry and result this year. Even though personally I loved Love Kills and Tom Dice anyway and the other entries haven't been that bad also. Besides last year.. :? (never again plz NONO)

LesterMalvo
3rd June 2015, 16:34
Now it's other channel's turn which picked Axel and Iris. So, low hopes from Belgium this year. xwave

GRE
3rd June 2015, 17:27
Now it's other channel's turn which picked Axel and Iris.

+ Tom Dice. ;)

LesterMalvo
3rd June 2015, 17:29
+ Tom Dice. ;)

Indeed, Tom Dice. But he was overrated.

GRE
3rd June 2015, 17:31
Indeed, Tom Dice. But he was overrated.

That is subjective.
We are talking about results now, aren't we?
Otherwise somebody could tell that Axel was underrated.

lowyby
3rd June 2015, 19:06
That is subjective.
We are talking about results now, aren't we?
Otherwise somebody could tell that Axel was underrated.

Well implying the fact that VRT also chose Tom Dice is also kinda subjective because it handles about the results too :
The pot blames the kettle

Sim
4th June 2015, 13:43
+ Tom Dice. ;)

Well it was the only time the VRT let an artist do what he wanted and it worked.
With Iris they choose 2 songs who were awful and Eurosong 2014 was awful as well

For my country I think it's best they search an artist who really wants to go to Eurovision
and want to dedicate for it for some months, but the artist has all freedom!

Rayman
19th July 2015, 22:45
I think that Laurent Pagna can be a very nice participant for Belgirum. He won The Voice Belgique last year and he sings wonderfully in French, in English and in Italian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ4L5FyRXb8

tuorem
1st August 2015, 21:40
I've got a question for you guys: in case of a Belgian win (VRT or RTBF, whatever), which broadcaster will be responsible for hosting the contest? Does the switch still apply? Would they co-host?

Verjamem
1st August 2015, 22:59
I've got a question for you guys: in case of a Belgian win (VRT or RTBF, whatever), which broadcaster will be responsible for hosting the contest? Does the switch still apply? Would they co-host?
After RTBF's victory in 1986, ESC 1987 was hosted by them and VRT chose a Belgian entry that year. I don't know how is situation now, but I guess it would be the same ;)

DanielLuis
1st August 2015, 23:10
I think as the costs are so much higher nowadays they'd do it together

Bench
2nd August 2015, 00:06
I think as the costs are so much higher nowadays they'd do it together

Hm don't think so. They are to independent imo. Its gonna be the broadcaster who actually wins who is going to host the contest and the other one may send a song I think.

But indeed you never know, maybe like jesc in 2005 they would do it together.. But then there was no winner from one of the broadcasters..

Dorientje
18th September 2015, 10:12
wy don't we send https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exJlapzPnlc with a good singer or send her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo2L14jHM5Y i think she is good :)

Sim
27th September 2015, 09:33
According to Tom Lenaerts, who at this moment is presenting a show at VRT, his show stops mid or end december and after this there would be a program about the Eurovision Song Contest :D

(no confirmation yet received from VRT)

Nikoreindeer1973
22nd October 2015, 20:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x27o2bK5ang

ChernyVolk
13th November 2015, 18:56
Four pick hopeful to rappresent Belgium in ESC16 will reveal on next Monday

http://wiwibloggs.com/2015/11/13/belgium-vrt-to-reveal-five-eurosong-2016-hopefuls-on-monday-eurovision/106956/

PamSwynford
13th November 2015, 19:49
Four pick hopeful to rappresent Belgium in ESC16 will reveal on next Monday

http://wiwibloggs.com/2015/11/13/belgium-vrt-to-reveal-five-eurosong-2016-hopefuls-on-monday-eurovision/106956/

Five, not four.

AlekS
14th November 2015, 22:08
Out of these 5 rumoured names ... pls Belgium, don't screw up and choose Tom Frantzis.

PamSwynford
16th November 2015, 11:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKg4sj752kE

Like lowyby said:

Three shows, on 3, 10 & 17th of january
- First show will be covers
- Second show will be the presentation of the song
- Third show will be the songs once again + the act as it should be in Stockholm

Voting will be 50% televoting, 50% international juries (10 to be precise)
It seems like there won't be a panel
Peter Van De Veire will present alone, Eva Daeleman won't be there

Bench
16th November 2015, 13:36
Yeej, total new concept. And I like it! I'm sure they all five are talented and they really get good support and guidance. Soo I'm really curious about the result :D

ZoboCamel
17th November 2015, 07:50
I never really got the point of a cover round in national finals. What's the point of judging how well they can sing somebody else's song? It's the Eurovision Song contest; you're not going to get too far with a good voice if your song isn't up to scratch, and kicking someone out in that first round just because they chose a cover that doesn't highlight their voice could mean losing the best song & singer combination of the lot. Unless the cover round doesn't end with any eliminations? Even then, though, it still seems pointless...

That said, hopefully Belgium will end up with another good song this year! I've never been their biggest supporter in Eurovision but I was one of the few people who liked their 2014 entry, and I think their 4th place was well-deserved this year.

Bench
17th November 2015, 12:08
I never really got the point of a cover round in national finals. What's the point of judging how well they can sing somebody else's song? It's the Eurovision Song contest; you're not going to get too far with a good voice if your song isn't up to scratch, and kicking someone out in that first round just because they chose a cover that doesn't highlight their voice could mean losing the best song & singer combination of the lot. Unless the cover round doesn't end with any eliminations? Even then, though, it still seems pointless...

That said, hopefully Belgium will end up with another good song this year! I've never been their biggest supporter in Eurovision but I was one of the few people who liked their 2014 entry, and I think their 4th place was well-deserved this year.

I see your point but indeed there wont be eliminations after this first cover round. I think its just to present the candidates a first time, so everybody gets to know them a little bit and without directly also showing the song. Otherwise the excitement would be gone already in the first show.

ZoboCamel
17th November 2015, 13:17
I see your point but indeed there wont be eliminations after this first cover round. I think its just to present the candidates a first time, so everybody gets to know them a little bit and without directly also showing the song. Otherwise they excitement would be gone already in the first show.

I'm not sure I'd say the excitement would be gone - most other NFs manage to be plenty exciting without adding a pointless introduction-only first round. Plus, at least on a personal level, I often end up just not following the more complex NFs at all, since when I first check them out I just see some covers, get bored and drift away. That said, it's nice to hear that there won't be any eliminations!

Sammy
17th November 2015, 16:45
After the first clip (honestly not enough to say anything valid, but still), the male voices and the girl who sings in second place in the clip seem to me stronger and more interesting than the last two ones. Especially the one who sings "Euphoria" did non convince me at all...

AshleyWright
17th November 2015, 19:47
How pointless are the two extra shows? ZoboCamel covers it really but they shouldn't be in the NF at that stage if they cannot sing live, so it shouldn't need to be tested. Also why a show to present the songs? :? They might as well present them in the final and let people vote there...

ChernyVolk
23rd November 2015, 11:21
First five picks from VRT:

Tom Frantzis
Laura Tesoro
Adil Aarab
Amaryllis Uitterlinder
Astrid Destuyver

http://wiwibloggs.com/2015/11/23/belgium-eurosong-five-showcase-their-talent/107816/

popavapeur
2nd December 2015, 11:28
How boring is all that ? C'mon VRT, you just have to copy paste last year's entry with a swedish author behind, put a girl, some creepy warrior make up and we're good.

Sim
2nd December 2015, 21:22
How boring is all that ? C'mon VRT, you just have to copy paste last year's entry with a swedish author behind, put a girl, some creepy warrior make up and we're good.

seriously? That would be the biggest mistake we could make...

popavapeur
8th December 2015, 14:12
seriously? That would be the biggest mistake we could make...

That was ironic.

btw i don't feel any "winner power" in these folks that's why i'm kinda disappointed. it looks very "discreet" for something like ESC where the persona is as important as the song itself (i know we don't have a clue about the songs, and someone flat can turn into a superstar with good marketing and make up).

Wait & see. (i felt the same way about Loc last year, i'm willing to be impressed)

Sim
8th December 2015, 20:31
That was ironic.

btw i don't feel any "winner power" in these folks that's why i'm kinda disappointed. it looks very "discreet" for something like ESC where the persona is as important as the song itself (i know we don't have a clue about the songs, and someone flat can turn into a superstar with good marketing and make up).

Wait & see. (i felt the same way about Loc last year, i'm willing to be impressed)

It will be hard to beat Loic :D

PamSwynford
14th December 2015, 13:08
It seemes like there will be a panel after all, and it will include Hadise and Christer Bjrkman. The escforum source said that it will be official today in the afternoon.

DanielLuis
14th December 2015, 13:41
It seemes like there will be a panel after all, and it will include Hadise and Christer Bjrkman. The escforum source said that it will be official today in the afternoon.

xpuke xpuke xpuke xpuke xpuke

PamSwynford
14th December 2015, 17:10
http://songfestival.be/eurosong2016/hadise-en-christer-bjorkman-experts-in-finale-eurosong-2016/
And here's officially.

GWTW1939
14th December 2015, 18:43
xpuke xpuke xpuke xpuke xpuke

Not exactly as fun as Ruslana is it :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/5975R5P.gif

AshleyWright
14th December 2015, 20:15
Oh for goodness sake. Christer Bjorkman. -_- Why do they think it's a great idea to have the HOD of a rival competitor on their jury panel. Honestly an awful decision, I don't get why countries go flocking to him, He ruined Cyprus this year he will do the same to Belgium. Hadise I cannot possibly say because I haven't seen her be a juror on any show i've watched. :lol: But I'm looking forward to her, Even if I do believe they should use actual Belgian people on the jury.

Not exactly as fun as Ruslana is it :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/5975R5P.gif

Ruslana Icon. xheat This is up there with her Romanian NF hijack and mini concert. xlove

GWTW1939
14th December 2015, 20:28
Oh for goodness sake. Christer Bjorkman. -_- Why do they think it's a great idea to have the HOD of a rival competitor on their jury panel. Honestly an awful decision, I don't get why countries go flocking to him, He ruined Cyprus this year he will do the same to Belgium. Hadise I cannot possibly say because I haven't seen her be a juror on any show i've watched. :lol: But I'm looking forward to her, Even if I do believe they should use actual Belgian people on the jury.

Fanboys keep saying he has no backroom influence but the fact that as a rival HOD he gets invited to these things tells you all you need to know. He may have been kicked off that panel last year but his influence still lingers x0s

And Cyprus made the final so.....xshrug

PamSwynford
17th December 2015, 15:03
There will be six experts: Stijn Kolacny, Alexander Rybak (ESC 2009), Tom Helsen, Beverly Jo Scott (Loic's menthor in The Voice), Hadise (ESC 2009) and Christer Bjrkman (ESC 1992). Every show there will be 2 experts, one foreign and one Belgian.
3rd January - Stijn & Alexander
10th January - Tom & BJ Scott
17rd January - Hadise & Christer

AshleyWright
17th December 2015, 18:19
Different 'experts' each show? it seems an odd thing to do, considering they will probably giving different opinions and advice each time. It would have been best to have the Belgians there for all 3 shows the the other 3 as a guest on each show.

Sim
30th December 2015, 15:54
In the first show every contestant brings a cover of an Eurovision song.
These are the songs ("pretty safe choices", like I tought)

Adil Araab - Hold me now (Johnny Logan, 1987)
Amaryllis Uitterlinden - Euphoria (Loreen, 2012)
Laura Tesoro - Dm Tek Tek (Hadise, 2009)
Astrid Destuyver - Everyway that I can (Sertab Erener, 2003)
Tom Frantzis - Rhythm Inside (Loc Nottet, 2015)

Bench
2nd January 2016, 12:59
Does anyone know if there is going to be a livestream of the Belgian shows somewhere?

Sim
3rd January 2016, 10:42
Does anyone know if there is going to be a livestream of the Belgian shows somewhere?

I have no clue... Maybe they will only air the final on eurovision.tv

Sammy
3rd January 2016, 20:23
Is there any decision made tonight or is it "just" for introducing the candidates?

Sim
3rd January 2016, 20:34
Is there any decision made tonight or is it "just" for introducing the candidates?

just introducing, the competing songs we'll hear next week

Dante
3rd January 2016, 20:39
just introducing, the competing songs we'll hear next week
So it's not really a semi-final?

Sim
3rd January 2016, 20:41
So it's not really a semi-final?

nope, and also next week nobody drops off, all the 5 candidates go to the last show (Don't ask me who invented this x0s)

Dante
3rd January 2016, 20:45
nope, and also next week nobody drops off, all the 5 candidates go to the last show (Don't ask me who invented this x0s)
Sometimes even having mutiple semi-finals seems useless, but this seems to be the peak. I'm wondering how many Belgians will be watching this "semi-final", apart from the ESC fans.

Sim
3rd January 2016, 20:49
Sometimes even having mutiple semi-finals seems useless, but this seems to be the peak. I'm wondering how many Belgians will be watching this "semi-final", apart from the ESC fans.

it's still on our main channel, so I presume 700 800000 viewers

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 20:56
http://i.imgur.com/Z3Q2ByV.jpg

Sim
3rd January 2016, 21:28
http://i.imgur.com/Z3Q2ByV.jpg

are you in the audience? /D

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 21:29
no :lol: I wish :p

live stream -----> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/4ysQPBeVJp8

Bench
3rd January 2016, 21:30
no :lol: I wish :p

live stream -----> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/4ysQPBeVJp8

Omg you're my hero!

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 21:41
Astrid - not something I was expecting, a lil' bit too slow/sleepy for my current mood. ETIC is one of my most fave songs from the previous decade.

Omg you're my hero!
http://www.allsmileys.com/files/kolobok/laie/49.gif

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 21:47
Laura - lol @ her dance moves.

"arrogant stupid look that you need to win Eurovision... it's stupid & charming" (c) Rybak.
:lol:

Adil needs more confidence, he was so shy))

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 22:00
*sneezes* "I'm allergic to good music" (c) Rybak.
invite him to every show xrofl

sudenly the live stream is occupied by Ukrainians & Russians I'm not in the chat though :o :lol:

Sim
3rd January 2016, 22:01
"I'm allergic to good music" (c) Rybak.

invite him to every show xrofl

I don't get the point of the judges, they only say positive things (and more in general, I don't get the point of the introduction show)

RomanFromRussia
3rd January 2016, 22:19
I hope Tim (or Tom) will release this version of Rhythm Inside, it's actually good

RomanFromRussia
3rd January 2016, 22:20
and yes, what happened to the stream?

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 22:24
^ I bet some bastard complained.

I was expecting more from Tom, he lacked energy imo but he's my fave still *praying for a good song*

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 23:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-Ib030hf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOmTg23M_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fwwo2q31Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD13ygCzxDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIvOZ3safAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aSZMf7ja0

AshleyWright
3rd January 2016, 23:10
:? Not really feeling that group performance, and I hate what they did to Turkey 2003. Scandalous.

Schlagerman1
3rd January 2016, 23:23
Just heard Astrids version, She does have the courage to take such a calm version of "Everyway That I Can", but it didn't work fully for me. Partly it was a bit boring, but I like her voice and looking forward for what she brings next week. :)

Romeo
3rd January 2016, 23:38

Bench
3rd January 2016, 23:39
Hmpf, no 'wow' feeling for me by one of the contestants. The fact just stays that the original is almost always better. Definitely if its a Eurovision song that did well.

If I have to choose for now, I like Amaryllis the most. But hope that their own songs are each a masterpiece. Otherwise its again a doom scenario for the flemish part of Belgium.

Romeo
3rd January 2016, 23:39
Laura reminds me of Amy Diamond a bit

AlekS
3rd January 2016, 23:40
not a fond of Amaryllis and what she did to Euphoria.

AshleyWright
3rd January 2016, 23:42
WOAH. NOW LAURA I LIKE. Completely blew Astrid out of the water there. xheat

Romeo
3rd January 2016, 23:53
Adil is my favourite!

Something about that performance that I loved.

aef
4th January 2016, 00:01
1. Laura!! 8-)
2. Tom - quite okay
3. Amaryllis - meh :? xwait
4. Astrid - zzzzz xboring
5. Adil - horrible

Schlagerman1
4th January 2016, 00:02
So firstly, this with artists doing ESC-songs is lame. But nevertheless, judging mostly in their strengths in artistery, this is what I thought:

Astrid: Great voice, good try to do something different even if it fell flat this time.
Laura: I got a feeling of Amy Diamond (MF 07,08)-here. Maybe it is the song (which is a song that oozes sex and she wasn't sexy at all) that made me think that it went everywhere on stage. Depends on the song next week I suppose.
Adil: Rather boring and safe ESC-choice, but he at least tried to make it fresh and light. Really like his charisma but wonder if he is too gentle to work on a ESC-stage.
Tom: Even if I didn't like his version of "Rhythm Tonight", I do think he has a strong charisma, and could become one of a girl-fave in Stockholm if he has a good song.
Amaryllis: Boring version of a modern classic, which shouldn't be hard to do a decent cover of. Not much charisma to talk about either and nothing unique.

No, I say beforehand that it is Astrid, Adil or Tom that will go to Stockholm. But depends on the songs of course. :p

toinou03
4th January 2016, 00:16
For this round, Tom has been way ahead of the others. I'd say :

1- Tom Frantzis : competent singer and has something quite personnal.
2- Adil : great vocalist.
3- Amaryllis : I'm not found of that Euphoria at all, but she performed rather well and has a good link to the camera
4- Astrid : she's quite bland, no...
5- Laura : meeeeh... xfacepalm

But songs are more important in the end...

VikingTiger
4th January 2016, 01:29
For this round, Tom has been way ahead of the others. I'd say :

1- Tom Frantzis : competent singer and has something quite personnal.
2- Adil : great vocalist.
3- Amaryllis : I'm not found of that Euphoria at all, but she performed rather well and has a good link to the camera
4- Astrid : she's quite bland, no...
5- Laura : meeeeh... xfacepalm

But songs are more important in the end...

Why make my own list when I can just copy yours! I agree on your ranking and your comments. Except that I wouldnt say that Tom is "way ahead" of the rest.... but still a number 1.

Uvaro
4th January 2016, 07:16
loved adil's performance, i hope his song is something in a similar style.

Sammy
4th January 2016, 19:59
Astrid's performance: the down-slowing turns the song in something completely forgettable and boring. Her performance is the same: very boring with no charisma whatsoever. Hopefully she gets a better song. I wonder how she does with uptempo, but this ballad is a complete failure

Laura's performance: She tries hard but it doesn't seem very natural for me, it all looks very rehearsed, but not felt. Vocally she's not always very secure though she does help herself by changing into a smoky voice now and then which covers some of the weaknesses.

Adil's performance: not very convincing either, though his vocal timbre would be interesting with another kind of song. But he as well can not really convey the emotions of the song for me.

Tom's performance: at last somebody can connect to the public. Also he's got a strong, powerful voice. Best so far.

Amaryllis: Beautiful voice. But why are they for the second time turning an interesting catchy song into a boring ballad????

To sum it up:
Very clear for me: I'd choose Tom, but with a better song I also could possibly imagine Amaryllis or Adil. (if Tom gets a really bad one, though)

Dante
4th January 2016, 20:06
I wasn't very fond of this idea of semi-final (or whatever it is) at the beginning, but I have to say it is pretty interesting to hear them sing some songs that are so close to my heart. Unfortunately, nobody stands out, some of the voices are weak for ESC and they lack charisma.

All of them singing Heroes...that was an awkward attempt. Amaryllis is the one I would choose from hat I've seen, mostly because her Euphoria version was pretty clean and that she was the only one who didn't ruin Heroes. Adil has a nice voice as well.

PamSwynford
5th January 2016, 22:11
Songs:
Amaryllis: Kick The Habit
Tom: I’m not Lost
Astrid: Everybody Aches
Laura: What’s The Pressure
Adil: In our Nature’

Mickey
5th January 2016, 22:24
Basically the quality of the performance last night was entirely dependent on the quality of the cover they were given (much like their success will be entirely dependent on their song in the final). Tom gave the best performance, because his version of Rhythm Inside was the most interesting and worked best. Adil benefitted from having a song that's very adaptable and suited his puppydog style.

The girls meanwhile were lumped with a listless version of Euphoria, a really ill-suited Dum-tek-tek, that was only performed to remind viewers who Hadise is and a slow version of Everyway That I Can, that almost worked.

All we really learnt is that Laura isn't suited to Turkish dancing and Adil struggles to act with random models.

Mickey
5th January 2016, 22:44
Amaryllis: Boring version of a modern classic, which shouldn't be hard to do a decent cover of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-sw7PDRuQ

aef
5th January 2016, 23:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-sw7PDRuQ

xfaint Is this the same fantasy language in which Urban Trad sang back in 2003? :lol:

ESCPOLAND
5th January 2016, 23:53
Amaryllis – Kick The Habit (Well-arranged pop song with energetic refrain)
Tom – I’m Not Lost (Contemporary and powerful pop track)
Astrid – Everybody Aches (Contemporary electric ballad)
Laura – What’s The Pressure (Energetic funk-pop song)
Adil – In Our Nature (Beautiful pop song)

I can't wait to hear all songs ;D

Bench
6th January 2016, 00:21
Yes exciting, I found some extra hints about the songs:

Amaryllis: Happy song, an 'earworm' and with strings.
Tom: Something very energetic and a singalong.
Astrid: Dark but atmospheric (Worked with a producer who worked for Rita Ora and Selah Sue)
Laura: Also energetic, funky and with even a little bit soul. (And she worked together with the pianist from Depeche Mode)
Adil: Not so much extra info only that his song is about hope and he wants to bring a good message xboring

GRE
6th January 2016, 12:20
Adil: Not so much extra info only that his song is about hope and he wants to bring a good message xboring

This !!!
xheatxyesxqueenbitchxcheerxbowxwoo

Mickey
7th January 2016, 00:07

Bet it's about refugees. We may have a few of those this year.

Sammy
7th January 2016, 15:54
Bet it's about refugees. We may have a few of those this year.

That might in fact be the case...

Bench
8th January 2016, 08:35
Snippets!
Tom stands clearly out for me, but its only 10 seconds ofcourse :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5ArnOy7-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgXqtBAz9Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2F3MQPjHLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_-OuLFKWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHF0UcU4iQ

QwaarJet
8th January 2016, 10:34
Longer snippets at this link : http://www.een.be/programmas/eurosong/songs-eurosong-2016-bekend

Laura's seems the stand out. The other 4 sound awful.

Krishoes
8th January 2016, 11:24
I like all of them for different reasons, 5 contemporary songs that could reach the final, I think (yeah, I know, we know basically one song but stil XD)

AshleyWright
8th January 2016, 12:04
Those snippets sound so meh. What a let down. I hate the sound of Laura's song, so sadly I'll have to bin my support for her and start backing Tom who had the most decent sounding snippet. The other 3 are just lost causes and if the Belgians have any sense none of those 3 will win.

Schlagerman1
8th January 2016, 13:31
Amaryllis: Modern 70s popish song, but a little repetive. No, She must be out.
Tom: Good song, A little Coldplay over it, nice snippet, looking forward to hearing it in full!
Astrid: Not what I expected, but rather nice and different. Alicia Keys goes electronic I should call it. Cool, but maybe a little too edgy to work for the public?
Laura: Also 70s discopop with a nice vibe too it. Don't think it can qualify with this though.
Adil: This song was the hardest to judge on the snippet. It does sound promising, modern, feels meaningful, but in the same time very unsuitable for his voice. Might have to see this live to judge this.

So looks like it will be a heads up between the guys, and I put my money on Tom for now. ;)

theCONWEL
8th January 2016, 13:38
Laura/Amaryllis please :D

Kairit
8th January 2016, 15:40
Yay. Astrid was my favourite from the last show and her song does sound the best from here, so I had the right inkling. :D Although I don't think any of these are very promising tbh. And for some reason I just can't stand Tom. :? But we'll see.

EscGeek
8th January 2016, 16:24
It's Laura for me

funkpop xlisten2

aef
8th January 2016, 16:51
WOW, such awful songs - it looks like Belgium will definitely stay in the semi final!

Uvaro
8th January 2016, 17:05
nothing amazing but nothing totally dire imo. i'd be happy with either tom or adil winning as long as their live performances are good.

RomanFromRussia
8th January 2016, 18:27
Tom's song is the best by far in my opinion. But anyway I cannot see good live performances of anyone taking part in Belgian National Final.

At least I can see Tom's song in the Grand Final, but yes, with enough neighbours in his semi :D

John1
8th January 2016, 18:49
VRT could improve its selection process because... this is incredibly awful => No qualification for Belgium, I don't see any songs scoring a great score.

aef
8th January 2016, 19:02
VRT could improve its selection process because... this is incredibly awful => No qualification for Belgium, I don't see any songs scoring a great score.

Absolutely true. Awful songs (according to the snippets) + boring and strange selection process...

John1
8th January 2016, 19:06
Absolutely true. Awful songs (according to the snippets) + boring and strange selection process...

Awful is the weakest word about that !

lowyby
8th January 2016, 19:07
Still better what France & Austria will probably come up with :P

Bench
8th January 2016, 19:09
Come on Tom's snippet is very promising in my opinion. I like that One Republic vs Coldplay vs Dotan vs Bastille style.

aef
8th January 2016, 19:11
Still better what France & Austria will probably come up with :P

Haha that's not the point - I'd love to see all three countries coming up with really good songs! :) But it doesn't look like that will happen...

toinou03
8th January 2016, 19:14
Come on, those snippets sound very good... Have you turned on a radio in the last months ? xfacepalm

aef
8th January 2016, 19:18
I'm sorry but the are all very weak in my opinion! I expected much better after Loic!

Bench
8th January 2016, 19:24
I'm sorry but the are all very weak in my opinion! I expected much better after Loic!

Haha very strange line of reasoning. Don't think a previous entry has something to do with the choice of a new entry. And even then, its even more logical to say that after a year with a strong entry next years entry is going to be less strong, if you just reason logical :p

aef
8th January 2016, 19:27
It wasn't meant to be any kind of reasoning. I just wanted to say that those 5 song are really underwhelming after Loic!

Bench
8th January 2016, 19:30
It wasn't meant to be any kind of reasoning. I just wanted to say that those 5 song are really underwhelming after Loic!

Yeah oke but thats really logical, you can't do (much) better if you have already done great :p

But oke, I must admit that I also hoped for a little more. There is no killer song, but Tom sound very promising for me and the stage performance is also very important in Eurovision ofcourse thus its not already totally lost imo :)

Sammy
8th January 2016, 19:46
The most promising is Toms song.
In my second place I'd put Astrid.
The rest did not impress me at all.
Biggest disappointment: Amaryllis. Her voice sounded quite shrill in the snippet.
Worst snippet: Laura. Totally synthetic and not convincing.

ESCPOLAND
8th January 2016, 21:49
For me number one is "In Our Nature" but snippet = only 11 seconds ;P I need a whole song to judge who is the best in Belgium :D

Mickey
8th January 2016, 22:15
Reckon it's Tom's to lose.

ChernyVolk
8th January 2016, 22:58
Nah...Better Loic but for Sweden 2016 the choice for me is Laura.

Mrm
8th January 2016, 23:07
All 5 snippets are OK, good, but none of them impressed, me, we will see in full and live performances...Adil is for now my fave..

Fred
9th January 2016, 01:47
Wow, all the 5 snippets are so...
"Meh"

I think the only chance is Laura, but with an "INCREDIBLE AND AMAZING BIG SPARKLING A-LA-GUY SEBASTIAN" stage performance.
But I don't expect anything big from VRT...

ayzelto
9th January 2016, 04:41
None of them is impressing after Loic, that's normal.
Anyway I can't find anything interesting in Tom's snippet. I reckon the most promising is Astrid, but let's wait to listen to the full versions.

joancamo
9th January 2016, 06:34
After Loic's anything is garbage :P
For me Belgium won't past the semi this year with anyone, so I'll just wait until next year when it is Wallonia's RTBF turn again :P

VikingTiger
9th January 2016, 10:34
The snippets dont impress me. I know these few seconds dont do any justice to the songs. But I am afraid that this sound pretty generic.

ParadiseES
9th January 2016, 14:57
This is underwhelming. Only "I'm not lost" looks something interesting that could pass the semifinal.

popavapeur
10th January 2016, 01:23
I choose Astrid, she'll be the best for us to stay in the semi. (While ESC won't let us enter the semis at all with the other songs)

Floreen
10th January 2016, 14:55
Hello.What hour will start the show?And a link please?Thank you!

Sammy
10th January 2016, 15:04
I listened to the snippets again and my first impression was confirmed: it has to be Tom!

Sim
10th January 2016, 15:15

an hour I can give you: 20.30 CET, but a link I don't have yet... If I've one, I'll post it here

Bench
10th January 2016, 15:17

Don't know for sure if it wil work but some people say we can follow the show tonight at this link http://www.een.be/programmas/eurosong/volg-de-liveshow-van-eurosong
Starting hour is 20.25 CET.

Sim
10th January 2016, 15:39
Don't know for sure if it wil work but some people say we can follow the show tonight at this link http://www.een.be/programmas/eurosong/volg-de-liveshow-van-eurosong
Starting hour is 20.25 CET.

haha love the picture when you open the link xheyaxheyaxheya

Floreen
10th January 2016, 15:57
Thank you very much Sim and Bench.I'm very interested to discover those 5 songs tonight! :)

Dante
10th January 2016, 19:11

Well I suppose we can all agree that no matter what, their performance will not be on Loic's level.
I didn't expect something incredible,but I have to admit I thought they will have some interesting songs.

Sim
10th January 2016, 19:37
Well I suppose we can all agree that no matter what, their performance will not be on Loic's level.
I didn't expect something incredible,but I have to admit I thought they will have some interesting songs.

indeed everything after Loic will be less good. But why can a country like Sweden bring every year excellent songs and we don't, sometime I don't get it...

Bench
10th January 2016, 20:05
indeed everything after Loic will be less good. But why can a country like Sweden bring every year excellent songs and we don't, sometime I don't get it...

Main reason I think is because Eurovision is popular in Sweden an absolutely not in Belgium. In the days Eurovision was still popular here (2002,2004,2006) we had several good songs in our preselection imo.

But I give tonight a chance (Read as: my only hope is Tom)

Sim
10th January 2016, 20:07
Main reason I think is because Eurovision is popular in Sweden an absolutely not in Belgium. In the days Eurovision was still popular here (2002,2004,2006) we had several good songs in our preselection imo.

ok that's true but with the concept being used now, you can't make it popular IMO.
Well yeah we had some good songs in the past, but they didn't always win...

The most promising snippet was also Tom for me, we'll see

mariagold
10th January 2016, 20:21
tonight the final or only a presentation of the songs?

Sim
10th January 2016, 20:29
tonight the final or only a presentation of the songs?

presentation of the songs ;)

julien4ESC
10th January 2016, 20:49

Eurovision is not popular in Belgium ? I thought that TV rating was really good in 2015 no ?

Sim
10th January 2016, 20:52
Eurovision is not popular in Belgium ? I thought that TV rating was really good in 2015 no ?

Offcourse the figures were good, but that was mainly it is on our main channel...
What the problem is here is that the majority is alone for gay people who likes show, dance and East European bloc voting

If you try to explain than that Belgium was 4th in 2015, Sweden won in 2012 & 2015, Denmark in 2013,... they don't know what to say.
And also the Flemish results are way worse than the Walloon

AlekS
10th January 2016, 21:14
The stream is working :D

Judging by the snippets I like Tom and Adil. More into Tom.

Dante
10th January 2016, 21:32
She has something that I like, but her song has 0 impact and it is repetitive.

AlekS
10th January 2016, 21:34
Amaryllis - not total disaster. Much better than her Euphoria performance. Weak song, not flawless vocals but surprisingly it works together better than expected.

LMAO.
"Did you cum?" (c) (said before some judge compared it to an orgasm that didn't appear)

Something that we all secretly expect from our selections.
Belgian NF will break all records by awkward quotes.

AlekS
10th January 2016, 21:41
Adil - I like his song but gosh he looks creepy while staring at the camera like that. Also better than I expected.

Dante
10th January 2016, 21:43
Adil - I like his song but gosh he looks creepy while staring in the camera like that.
I know, I kind of feel like laughing while looking at him.

He's less boring than Amaryllis..but still boring.

Bench
10th January 2016, 21:52
At least we have a good jury today who say what people think. No orgasm-song yet ;)

AlekS
10th January 2016, 21:53
He's less boring than Amaryllis..but still boring.
It's pleasant to me (not boring) but it will be forgotten, esp in the 1st half of the show.

At least we have a good jury today who say what people think. No orgasm-song yet ;)
My tit didn't even move((

Sammy
10th January 2016, 21:55
The intro is from Queen - another one bites the dust.... slightly altered

no, Belgium, no. Don't go for this....

AlekS
10th January 2016, 21:57
Laura... I believe many Belgians have just thought "F*ck, just 2 songs left. We're screwed :? "

Dante
10th January 2016, 21:58
There's something inside of me that wants this song.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:06
question for the native speakers: can you actually say "everybody aches"? That sounds so weird to my ears....

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:07
remembers me of lithuania 2014 at a certain moment....
no, this is also not my cup of tea. she's weak vocally and the song is utterly boring.

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:08
question for the native speakers: can you actually say "everybody aches"? That sounds so weird to my ears....
I wanted to ask the same question..but hey, at least doesn't sound like a cliche, which is great for this contest.

By the way, I feel like she is is singing about lupus and anemia.

AlekS
10th January 2016, 22:11
Astrid - the song goes nowhere and I agree with Beverly that it sounds underproduced.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:17
I'm just thinking - it may be a good concept to just introduce the songs now. So the public does not have to decide on the same night they hear the song for the first time.

Uvaro
10th January 2016, 22:19
tom's won. :lol:

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:21
After the snippet I expected a little more, but still the best so far.

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:22
I'm just thinking - it may be a good concept to just introduce the songs now. So the public does not have to decide on the same night they hear the song for the first time.

It has its good parts, but also, the voting in the grand show will be on the same night, so it might be better just to choose the song right away, based on the impulse of the public.

Tom needs to win this.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:25
It has its good parts, but also, the voting in the grand show will be on the same night, so it might be better just to choose the song right away, based on the impulse of the public.

Tom needs to win this.
Well the songs of the final are public for weeks.... So a lot of people who actually vote know them for a while. But of course most of the public hears them for the first time, you are right.

And of course, Tom has to win this. :D

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:30
My top:

1. Tom
2. Laura
3. Adil
4. Amaryllis
5. Astrid

AlekS
10th January 2016, 22:31
Tom - nothing outstanding. Anything from the NF is a step backwards comparing to Loc but at least it's not something I'd be ashamed of.
It would be a safe choice.

My top:
1. Tom
2. Adil
3. Everyone else

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:36
"She's after my piano", the real moment of the night. This great moment reminds of France's "Moustache" from 2014.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:37
No, they voted for Laura!
Can't believe it! xfacepalm

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:37
Wait, what did just happen?

AlekS
10th January 2016, 22:39
I assume Laura became the jury's fave. Or no.
Wtf :lol:

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:39
She would have won, if it had been the final vote. But they have one week left to improve their presentations and then it's the final decision.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 22:40
I assume Laura became the jury's fave. Or no.
Wtf :lol:

No, there was an sms vote. She's just been voted the favorite by the public after tonights performance.

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:42
She was second on my list, but still, Tom seemed to be the obvious choice.

Edit: Ok, obvious to my taste.

Bench
10th January 2016, 22:46
Tom has to win, don't get the Laura-vibe :s But lets hope all Tom fans wil vote next week because they know its gonna be a tough race.

Dante
10th January 2016, 22:49
Well the songs of the final are public for weeks.... So a lot of people who actually vote know them for a while. But of course most of the public hears them for the first time, you are right.

And of course, Tom has to win this. :D

Let's just forget I ever said that.

Offfffffffffffffff, I can't get rid of the selfishness, I hope the winner will be Tom. It wasn't that orgasm we've all been expecting, but it was a nice entry, made for my top 10, depending on how bad this year will be.

Sammy
10th January 2016, 23:00
I really hope he will improve his presentation till next week. It was his strong point in the first show.
Laura is the nice girl like Maria from Iceland last year, but she's not a qualifier for the final in case she might be chosen.

AlekS
10th January 2016, 23:13
don't get the Laura-vibe :s
Rather "Dum tek tek" worked or something else... :lol:
It will be interesting if Tom wins in the end. Let's hope the TV ratings will be higher and the voting will differ.

aef
10th January 2016, 23:28
I'm so sorry but all 5 songs are nothing but dull and weak in my opinion! :? :(

I can't remember any of them after 30 seconds...

Bench
10th January 2016, 23:39
xlisten2 Ive got no direction got no destination xlisten2

Fierro
10th January 2016, 23:47
Lol results of OGAE UA poll is so iconic atm :lol:

http://s019.radikal.ru/i631/1601/61/550c4560c474.png

AlekS
10th January 2016, 23:59
Lol results of OGAE UA poll is so iconic atm :lol:

http://s019.radikal.ru/i631/1601/61/550c4560c474.png
18 voters only. Yes. "Iconic".

Schlagerman1
11th January 2016, 00:17
This is my thoughts on the performances:

Amaryllis: Rather good song, maybe a little repetive but after all good.
Adil: I really like this song. Not very typical in Eurovision, but still effective in some way. And smart and simple way to perform and make an impact. Good!
Laura: Good pop-song with 70s feeling to it. Though I feel Laura being too weak to carry this song all the way till the end, which is a disappointment. Can't see europeans remember her if chosen to Stockholm.
Astrid: I like the song, but it is something lacking. Maybe it is the little extra. Maybe it is too dark and alternative to really get me going. Maybe it is Astrid that doesn't carry the song enough. Not sure, but I doubt she'll get chosen.
Tom: Another pretty good song...but I am getting repetive and here the problem is the singer not strong enough of making something special with the song. Sad, cause this song could have sailed through with a much better artist.

My choice is Adil, that brings something fresh at least. But I do enjoy all 5 songs, but I think Adil is the one that has the best chances. Can see the juries go for that song and save it to the final.

ag89
11th January 2016, 00:17
Adil Aarab by far.

Fierro
11th January 2016, 00:23
18 voters only. Yes. "Iconic".

Yes. But I didn't ask you. Just shut up.

anselm
11th January 2016, 00:30
Kick The Habit has to win xbow

Kairit
11th January 2016, 00:44
Well then... Amaryllis and Laura have more charisma than all of the others combined, the others are just dull. They were definetly the most convincing. I don't really mind their songs much either, since all of these are pretty much on the same level of mediocre, just in different genres. But over-all I think Amaryllis has totally charmed me for sure. Rooting for her, the song's at least interesting and more enjoyable than others as well. Don't really understand what people see in Tom.

AlekS
11th January 2016, 00:54
Yes. But I didn't ask you. Just shut up.
http://passionford.com/forum/images/smilies/fuck.gif

Can see the juries go for that song and save it to the final.
imho he will benefit from televoters but he has a chance with the new jury too. I still don't believe that Laura has it in her bag.

RainyWoods
11th January 2016, 02:13
Amaryllis "Kick The Habit" kicks the !@&% out of the other songs there.

1. Amaryllis - Kick The Habit Easy peasy the best song here. Parts of it are a bit repetitive but it makes up for it with the beautiful composition and the surprises that await towards the end. Sort of a "WOW" moment for me as it started going nuts at the end with the melody. I've got a problem though with the song, and that problem unfortunately is the singer. Not crazy for her voice and she doesn't have much stage presence at all.
2. Astrid - Everybody Aches This one is listenable. Has a decent vibe and I can see myself getting into it with more listens. She's not exactly the most charismatic performer though. I wouldn't be excited to see this go to Eurovision.
3. Adil - In Our Nature I don't like this much really. Would be something "fresh" I suppose for Eurovision but it's just something that would be there and I wouldn't care for. Bridge threatens to almost make the song interesting. The performance is super contrived.
4. Laura - What's The Pressure Super dull funk-pop trying to ride on the wave of the genres recent popularity. Problem is that with this kind of stuff a voice really needs to carry it. This whole package is weak sauce.
5. Tom - I'm not lost NEIN NEIN NEIN! "Indie" pop-rock, get it away from me. I don't even have anything constructive to say. I just despise this kind of anthemic commercial indie stuff.

ayzelto
11th January 2016, 02:29
Laura is my favorite so far.

EscGeek
11th January 2016, 05:14
The snippets were right! I like Laura and Tom

DeMarcus
11th January 2016, 07:31
Tom, or Adil... I would not mind Laura too... :)

Romeo
11th January 2016, 15:05
for those who haven't seen the performances:

http://www.escunited.com/home/belgium-five-hopefuls-perform-their-entries/

Romeo
11th January 2016, 15:24
Adil is my favourite

busybee
11th January 2016, 15:53
I'd go with Adil, too.

Bluebird
11th January 2016, 16:52
The first song by Amaryllis was refreshing and nice to listen to, but she has to improve her performance. I'm very disappointed by the other songs and singers yesterday. And the disillusionment was even bigger when Laura won the televote. Her song is so boring! xboring A really overrated performance. I was happy to see B.J. Scott giving interesting commentaries, what a difference with that vulgar Tom Helsen. After all those years of flops, I can only conclude that the VRT simply doesn't want to win the Eurovision Song Contest.

AshleyWright
11th January 2016, 17:07
Gosh, what an utter let down. All songs are dull in their full version, I sorta saw it coming when I heard the snippets, but none of them stand out at all imo.

GWTW1939
11th January 2016, 18:45
Well Belgium took a mighty downturn after Tom Dice and it looks like they'll do the same once again with Loric. How about some consistency? :lol:

Franco
11th January 2016, 18:52
All that follows is IMHO, of course.
Laura Tesoro seems to be the only one with some star quality. At least, she knows how to work the stage.
Unfortunately, none of the songs strikes me as remarkable or particularly inspired. So, whoever wins this, I can't see a happy ending in May.
But I could be wrong (as I've been before).

VikingTiger
11th January 2016, 20:14
Belgium.... that was not inspiring at all! I find all the singers rather weak, and a couple of the performances was actually a bit awkward to watch (Adil and Amaryllis). And the songs? Nothing here that I want to listen to again.
No matter what Belgium chooses I think they might stay in the semi.

But hey - Belgium has changed stone into diamond (well, maybe not diamond) before; I still remember that first time I saw Roberto Bellarosa singing Love Kills... I would have been willing to bet quite a few Euros that he'd stay forever in his semi.

CPV4931
11th January 2016, 21:09
After the first listenings, I like only two of the songs presented yesterday: Lauras "Whats the pressure" and Toms "Im not lost".

Hopefully one of them will make it next week :-)

toinou03
11th January 2016, 22:39
Anyway, Laura won the televote yesterday + I believe that either the jury and the public will be sensitive about the fact that Laura's song is written by the biggest Flemish act at the moment. Selah Sue may not be famous all over Europe, but she's a big star in France, and that's enough exceptionnal to be a subject of pride by the Flemish...

Her big tune :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqRFvUOUH0

Mickey
12th January 2016, 00:12
I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've caught up with the songs and they far exceeded my expectations.

I expected a collection of cheesy made-for-eurovision pop songs. Instead we got some really contemporary and interesting entries.

In Our Nature turned out to be my favourite. If it's meant to be about world peace or something it's done it very subtly. It's cool melodic and laid back. Adil is cool and laid back. He interacted really well and looked confident and composed.

I also liked Everybody Aches. It has a nice beat to it and I like the stripped back feel. I think Astrid connects with the camera well, although it may just be that she's really pretty.

Kick the Habit is also interesting. The repetitive refrain verges dangerously on the annoying, but the melody that surrounds it just about saves it. There's quite a lot going on in the song, but I'm not sure it all comes together. Still, it's enjoyable.

Tom has the anthemic indie pop/rock number that seemed to scream winner when I heard the snippet. Its competition turns out to be much tougher.

The one I'm afraid I loathe is What's The Pressure. Full marks for attempting some funk, which has become popular downtown, but the performance lacks soul. Laura just brings a smiley, Disneyfied, safe and unthreatening blandness to the song. And she struggles with the vocal too.

What's the deal with this phone vote? Is Laura halfway to victory? I'm a bit worried.

Schlagerman1
12th January 2016, 00:16
^ Agreeing with you, it ain't THAT bad. Sure, some of the songs might get problem qualifying if they end up in a tough semi, but I do enjoy all the songs one way or another. Also I am afraid about Laura doing so well this early...I hope it changes cause otherwise will be the Maria Olafs of 2016...young artist making everything to sweet and gets nervous on stage-flop. :?

Nicfedy
12th January 2016, 00:48
All the songs are a decent standard. I expect I'm not lost to win but my favourite is Kick the habit. It oozes class and would be my favourite Belgian song since Dis Oui

DanielLuis
12th January 2016, 00:56
Anyway, Laura won the televote yesterday + I believe that either the jury and the public will be sensitive about the fact that Laura's song is written by the biggest Flemish act at the moment. Selah Sue may not be famous all over Europe, but she's a big star in France, and that's enough exceptionnal to be a subject of pride by the Flemish...

Her big tune :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqRFvUOUH0

Selah Sue wrote Laura's song? :o
She is somewhat famous in Portugal. I really like her, now that would be a great representative for Belgium

AlekS
12th January 2016, 01:09
I adore Selah Sue xheart Still not a fond of that performance by Laura. I wish Selah could apply herself.

PamSwynford
12th January 2016, 01:40
Selah Sue wrote Laura's song? :o
She is somewhat famous in Portugal. I really like her, now that would be a great representative for Belgium

Most people in Croatia don't know about her, but they know about "This World" because it was in the Kinder Bueno commercial. :mrgreen:

Dorientje
12th January 2016, 10:54
i love the song of laura and i hope se will go for us and if adill have a good stage thing then he can go 2 the other 3 i don't like ( dus voor mijn go laura je kan het) :)

ES2011
13th January 2016, 01:53
It's an interesting collection of songs, but for me there is only one clear favourite:
1. ::be Tom - I'm not lost 9/10 - A little improvement and this could be my favourite this year! All the Softengine vibes return!!! This is in my street and qualitatively good!
2. ::be Adil - In Our Nature 7/10 - I could live with this entry, nothing awful but not outstanding either.
3. ::be Astrid - Everybody Aches 6,5/10 - Interesting and a good performer, but I wonder how high the durability of this song is.
4. ::be Amaryllis - Kick the Habit 6,5/10 - Interesting, New, Refresing, but very repetitive. Also the voice in the live version sounds better than in the studio version :S
5. ::be Laura - Whats the pressure 5/10 - If this wins......I really have to wonder about the music taste of our southern neighbors. This is like a standard song they used to sing at Idols back in the day. It even looks like a standard talent show performance.

ZoboCamel
13th January 2016, 13:40
I like a couple of these songs (namely Tom's and Adil's), but I can't decide on a clear winner between the two yet, and neither one really amazes me. Adil's song has some great buildup verses, I think, but they don't really build to anything in particular... I just wish the song had some kind of climax or something. Yeah, I get that not every song has to be bombastic and epic, but the choruses of In Our Nature just feel a little too mellow and plodding after what the verses promise.

Tom's song has... kind of a similar problem, I think. It gets to a good place, the chorus is enjoyable, but it doesn't really elevate anywhere, make an attempt to stand out, anything like that. It feels like both of the entries I like are content with just being pleasant, or vaguely nice, without making much of an attempt at being memorable or impressive. They're there, and they're nice while you're listening to them, but I can't identify too much in either song that makes me want to come back and listen to it at any other time, and they slip my mind as soon as they've finished.

As for the other three... eh, I could take them or leave them. I don't really care enough about Astrid's or Laura's songs to even form an opinion on them; they just sit there, fill three minutes of my mind, and then leave without inciting any kind of emotion or impression. I mildly dislike Amaryllis' song - there's something about her voice, the notes, the backing music, or something along those lines that just isn't my kind of thing.

The whole NF just... doesn't really manage to leave a lasting impression on me one way or another. There's nothing to love, or hate, or even consider all that much in depth... it's just five mildly pleasant songs competing to see which one is slightly less forgettable than the others. None of them seem like shoe-ins for a qualification at Eurovision, though again it's all just so middle-of-the-road that I can't make a strong statement one way or the other.

I think I'll just hope for Tom or Adil to win and get a significant rework to their song. They've got good foundations, interesting ideas - I'd just prefer if they built on them a bit.

LesterMalvo
15th January 2016, 15:27

Who is Laura? I can't ignore the fact that she sings the song much better than Hadise did.

Schlagerman1
16th January 2016, 19:51
Apperently the jurors for the final will be from 10 different countries. These 10 countries apperently (according to escsweden (http://escsverige.blogspot.se/2016/01/svensk-jury-i-belgien.html#more))):

::az Azerbaijan
::fr France
::gr Greece
::hu Hungary
::ie Ireland
::lv Latvia
::me Montenegro
::nl Netherlands
::se Sweden
::uk United Kingdom

Is there a confirmation from Een that it is these 10, cause I couldn't find it myself?

AshleyWright
16th January 2016, 20:13
Azerbaijan and Montenegro? xcrazy Surely they'd have jurors from countries that are more likely to vote for Belgium? :lol: Not that I think it really matters at all when it comes to eurovision points, they just seem like odd choices. I would have had Prehaps Norway and Russia as jurors over Azerbaijan and Montenegro. Both have given a hell of a lot more points to Belgium than they have.

Schlagerman1
16th January 2016, 20:16
Azerbaijan and Montenegro? xcrazy Surely they'd have jurors from countries that are more likely to vote for Belgium? :lol: Not that I think it really matters at all when it comes to eurovision points, they just seem like odd choices. I would have had Prehaps Norway and Russia as jurors over Azerbaijan and Montenegro. Both have given a hell of a lot more points to Belgium than they have.

Well according to Escsweden, Azerbaijan is chosen just for that they never given any points to Belgium. :lol: Sweden is selected as being the host (duh) and UK for being the one that has given the most to winners in recent years. :P It doesn't say why Montenegro is there, but I suppose they liked to pick a ex-yu one, just for the sake of it. ;)

lowyby
16th January 2016, 20:17

Well thats the reason. We have got zero points from both countries in the final and they want to change that :P

AshleyWright
16th January 2016, 20:21
Well according to Escsweden, Azerbaijan is chosen just for that they never given any points to Belgium. :lol: Sweden is selected as being the host (duh) and UK for being the one that has given the most to winners in recent years. :P It doesn't say why Montenegro is there, but I suppose they liked to pick a ex-yu one, just for the sake of it. ;)

Ok then... Sweden and UK I get, ofc who wouldn't want to try and bag those super-hot-given-to-the-eventual-winner-since-2012-12-points from the UK? xheat Let Eastern Europe win and we'll soon give up that record. :lol: Just Azerbaijans reasoning (and Montenegro lack off) that I find weird, but ok.

PamSwynford
16th January 2016, 20:48

On songfestival.be they explained everything. Montenegro and Azerbaijan are here because they never gave Belgium points. :mrgreen:

Bench
16th January 2016, 21:01
Montenegro and Azerbaijan are here because they never gave Belgium points. :mrgreen:
^this

And fun fact, Hungary because on average they gave the highest points to the winner (since 2000)
And UK and Latvia because they gave the most times there 12 to the winner (since 2000)

Sim
16th January 2016, 21:13
Well thats the reason. We have got zero points from both countries in the final and they want to change that :P

they tried also two years ago but it didn't help :lol:

DanielLuis
16th January 2016, 21:55

Well the point of international juries should be to have countries from all corners of Europe, to be more representative of what the whole Europe would like and vote for in May

John1
17th January 2016, 14:51
Laura or Tom should win tonight.
If they don't, then don't hope a single second that Belgium would qualify in 2016.

QwaarJet
17th January 2016, 16:05
None of the songs they have are much cop, but Laura's is probably the best.

AshleyWright
17th January 2016, 16:26
Well the point of international juries should be to have countries from all corners of Europe, to be more representative of what the whole Europe would like and vote for in May

But you can't please everyone. So imo it's best to try and please the ones more likely to vote for you than throwing a slot away at a country who's never voted for you. Anyway, it doesn't really matter because I doubt being a NF jury for a country will make them more likely to vote for that country in eurovision.

revallsay
17th January 2016, 16:44
Will the NF be streamed online? Where? When does it start?

Lupus
17th January 2016, 16:48
Yes, it will according to our own dear Forum news pages: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/webtv?program=180283 is the link apparently!

Dante
17th January 2016, 16:50
I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've caught up with the songs and they far exceeded my expectations.

I expected a collection of cheesy made-for-eurovision pop songs. Instead we got some really contemporary and interesting entries.

We can't complain about it being cheesy and old-fashioned, I have to agree and appreciate that they realise the year we're in. I think with Belgium the expectation will always be high, because they have the potentional to choose a top 10 song pretty much every time.

Bench
17th January 2016, 17:36
Hmpf I'm so afraid Laura will win. And I absolutely don't get why. If ::ch and ::mt 2015 didn't reach the final for example why would she?

Whole Europe seems to say we need to send Tom but in Belgium everybody wants Laura -_-

John1
17th January 2016, 17:59
Hmpf I'm so afraid Laura will win. And I absolutely don't get why. If ::ch and ::mt 2015 didn't reach the final for example why would she?

Whole Europe seems to say we need to send Tom but in Belgium everybody wants Laura -_-

Tom's song would be heard 30000 times because of Highway/Douwe Bob/Other artist's song...

Romeo
17th January 2016, 18:00
It's Adil for me!

I really like his song, the rest are a bit meh