PDA

View Full Version : Denmark DENMARK 2016 - Lighthouse X - Soldiers of Love

Pages : [1] 2 3

escYOUnited
2nd May 2015, 19:45
http://s27.postimg.org/8lmeaj36r/DENMARK.png

http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/lighthouse-x-eurovision-soldiers-of-love.jpg

::dk Lighthouse X - Soldiers of Love ::dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiss5VZn14

Lighthouse X (pronounced "Lighthouse Ten") is a Danish pop group with a special social profile consisting of Søren Bregendal, Johannes Nymark and Martin Skriver.

The band was formed with the goal of helping people who face challenges in their lives. They work as ambassadors of three different non-profit organizations who also receive a percentage of the groups profit. In February 2016 the band took part in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2016, the music competition that selects Denmark's entries for the Eurovision Song Contest. The competition was held on 13 February 2016 at the Forum Horsens in Horsens. The band performed "Soldiers of Love" in the Final making it through to the Super final winning with 42% of the public vote. They will perform at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 during the second semi-final on 12 May 2016. Johannes Nymark had previously been a keyboard player for Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014.

Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_X)

Sean
2nd May 2015, 19:48
>tfw no medina posts

No Name
15th May 2015, 23:01
Medina plz

NikkiBoy
17th May 2015, 09:05
Sorry, but Medina will NEVER enter Eurovision in any way. Her attitude on television programs is like she's "Britney Spears". :lol:

theCONWEL
20th May 2015, 20:19
I hope their non-qualification is a big wake up call. I'm desperate to see something daring and non-mainstream from Denmark, preferably in Danish!

AshleyWright
20th May 2015, 20:28
I hope their non-qualification is a big wake up call. I'm desperate to see something daring and non-mainstream from Denmark, preferably in Danish!

Well they had a great opportunity with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Una0sV_a1jY

It's not exactly 'daring' but it's in Danish and a lot better than what they actually sent. It came 3rd.

theCONWEL
20th May 2015, 20:30
Well they had a great opportunity with this:

It's not exactly 'daring' but it's in Danish and a lot better than what they actually sent. It came 3rd.

Same with my beloved Manjana xlove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHbsSMsiTao

I think both would be finalists for sure!

AshleyWright
20th May 2015, 20:34
Same with my beloved Manjana xlove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHbsSMsiTao

I think both would be finalists for sure!

I think there are several entries better than what they chose and would have probably qualified. The two above, "Love me Love me" "Mi Amore" "suitcase" "Summer without you" and possibly even "Hotel A" would have all probably qualified.

theCONWEL
20th May 2015, 20:40
I think there are several entries better than what they chose and would have probably qualified. The two above, "Love me Love me" "Mi Amore" "suitcase" "Summer without you" and possibly even "Hotel A" would have all probably qualified.

Exactly, they just chose the most irritating and unbearable one :lol: I do kinda like DMGP as an NF format though, I just wish the quality was higher.

NikkiBoy
20th May 2015, 22:18
::dk Denmark is ready for Eurovision Song Contest 2016!

source: http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/bare-rolig-danmark-er-med-i-eurovision-til-naeste-aar

Magizian
24th May 2015, 04:37
I think Electric Lady Lab could do a fine job in Eurovision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz8r7Cnc6zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyGjlEJJeoY

Verjamem
30th June 2015, 15:57
http://esctoday.com/104910/denmark-dr-releases-the-rules-for-dmgp-2016-submission-kicks-off/

Rules of Danish 2016 NF were announced.

Mrm
7th July 2015, 19:52
Medina should take part at 2016 DMGP!! xlove xheart

theditz83
7th July 2015, 20:59
Love Electric Lady Lab xlove.

cassio
8th July 2015, 03:22
I think Electric Lady Lab could do a fine job in Eurovision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz8r7Cnc6zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyGjlEJJeoY

I have never head of her before ...... if she would make her own music instead of a mix of others, then why not I think you young people would clearly vote for this in the national final. Personally I'm not in to this EDM stuff.

cassio
8th July 2015, 03:38
I what to hear some nasty Ghetto POP......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlaazhXi_U

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1g_A2nlcs

vlatko
8th July 2015, 18:13
Simon Mathev :o

Mrm
11th July 2015, 21:52
I want smth like 2008 DMGP runner up Unite - "Tree of life" to win next time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaJh8uYwGEU

NikkiBoy
19th July 2015, 23:35
Lukas Graham and Medina i can say for sure - they'' never participate in DMGP, sorry. But they're "too" famous.

But Electric Lady Lab is not impossible to see on a Eurovision-stage ;)

cassio
22nd July 2015, 23:21
Lukas Graham and Medina i can say for sure - they'' never participate in DMGP, sorry. But they're "too" famous.

But Electric Lady Lab is not impossible to see on a Eurovision-stage ;)

I don't care much for which artists are going to perform or not. Im more into variated genres of music than we have seen in the NF... more like Finland's NF actually !!

I think it would be great if we had more soul / funk, pop, rock, even punk rock and heavy metal instead of only one or two genres

Romeo
28th July 2015, 18:33
I've just submitted a song to DMGP 2016!!!

Romeo
6th August 2015, 22:44
I am 99.9% certain my song wont get selected, so..

DENMARK, DO NOT LET ME DOWN IN 2016 LIKE YOU DID IN 2015!
Pick the best song!
The true winner of DMGP 2015 (and ESC15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKi1r4_esY

AshleyWright
7th August 2015, 03:04
you should have faith in your own music. :D

Magizian
7th August 2015, 13:14
I have never head of her before ...... if she would make her own music instead of a mix of others.

They do write their own songs, as well :)

VasilijeM
7th August 2015, 13:15
Sys Bjerre tbh

cassio
7th August 2015, 13:58
They do write their own songs, as well :)

Great !! ESC is a good platform for exposing outside DK + the NF is of cause also a good platform for danes to get to know her better

Romeo
7th August 2015, 19:47
you should have faith in your own music. :D

My song is more of a mix between Belgium 2010 and Cyprus 2015, and I don't think that's the style of song Denmark will go for. I entered it in hope... Let's see how it goes down in the boardroom when they judge the songs

Matt
1st September 2015, 23:39
http://www.escunited.com/home/denmark-more-details-on-dmgp-surface/

Some more details have surfaced regarding Denmark’s selection for 2016, where the Nordic country will be attempting to find a song to return them to the Eurovision final.
The national broadcaster for Denmark, DR, has confirmed that Dansk Melodi Grand Prix’s final show will take place on 13th February 2016 in Forum Horsens, Horsens. The city last hosted the selection in 2008 when Simon Mathew was chosen to head to Belgrade for the country and kick-start a 7-year finalist streak, ended by Anti Social Media’s “The Way You Are” in 2015.

DanielLuis
8th September 2015, 19:14
Denmark received a record number of entries. Will they manage to win in Sweden again?

PamSwynford
8th September 2015, 21:23
Denmark received a record number of entries. Will they manage to win in Sweden again?

"Quantity" in most times doesn't also mean "quality".

DanielLuis
8th September 2015, 21:55

Sure thing, but this is definitely not a bad sign is it?
Plus DR said that MGP will change, which a great thing because usually the general quality of songs there is pretty bad.
I think it's possibly that the trend of Denmark winning in Sweden will continue, even though I don't want it to happen.

PamSwynford
8th September 2015, 22:18
Sure thing, but this is definitely not a bad sign is it?
Plus DR said that MGP will change, which a great thing because usually the general quality of songs there is pretty bad.
I think it's possibly that the trend of Denmark winning in Sweden will continue, even though I don't want it to happen.

We'll see, I don't want to prejudge. This could be a good sign, but it can also be a bad sign. However, DR released the try-out in June so composers had months to prepare their songs.

cassio
10th September 2015, 22:06

Exact my words!!

Nikoreindeer1973
4th November 2015, 10:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGaZ5M_nDHc

tuorem
5th November 2015, 16:04

I agree with you but it's also up to the Danish broadcaster to choose songs that are worth something. Given the lineups of the past years, I can't believe they featured everything that deserved a chance to shine. I'm convinced they especially go for safe music because they surely take into account what they think Danes might like - and what could achieve a decent result in Eurovision - but I'm sure they also receive unknown talented people with edgier material.

That's just my opinion, but Denmark needs to look further than their own safe music world that lasted far too long and eventually led to a failure this year. "Daring" or "memorable" should be the adjectives they should keep in mind when making their selection tbh.

GWTW1939
5th November 2015, 17:23
I agree with you but it's also up to the Danish broadcaster to choose songs that are worth something. Given the lineups of the past years, I can't believe they featured everything that deserved a chance to shine. I'm convinced they especially go for safe music because they surely take into account what they think Danes might like - and what could achieve a decent result in Eurovision - but I'm sure they also receive unknown talented people with edgier material.

That's just my opinion, but Denmark needs to look further than their own safe music world that lasted far too long and eventually led to a failure this year. "Daring" or "memorable" should be the adjectives they should keep in mind when making their selection tbh.

I understand what your saying and to an extent I agree. But at the same time their current radio friendly adult contemporary entries are in a way their signature. You can tell its a Danish entry. The biggest problem the contest faces today (besides the behind the scenes rigging) is that all the songs are sounding alike and you can't even tell what country they are from. I don't think you can say the same about the Danish entries even if you don't like them.

Last year's song was a misfire and one of their weakest in years. It felt more like a ESC parody from someone who usually dislikes the Danish entry. After "Only Teardrops" (when they pandered to the ESC fanbase) it sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't go well with the other entries they have sent.

Perhaps they should be a little more adventurous, but maybe that's not their style. And I would hate for them to change their sound, which has been more successful then not, just for success (something that fans say to trash certain other countries).

tuorem
5th November 2015, 17:42
I understand what your saying and to an extent I agree. But at the same time their current radio friendly adult contemporary entries are in a way their signature. You can tell its a Danish entry. The biggest problem the contest faces today (besides the behind the scenes rigging) is that all the songs are sounding alike and you can't even tell what country they are from. I don't think you can say the same about the Danish entries even if you don't like them.

Last year's song was a misfire and one of their weakest in years. It felt more like a ESC parody from someone who usually dislikes the Danish entry. After "Only Teardrops" (when they pandered to the ESC fanbase) it sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't go well with the other entries they have sent.

Perhaps they should be a little more adventurous, but maybe that's not their style. And I would hate for them to change their sound, which has been more successful then not, just for success (something that fans say to trash certain other countries).

I acknowledge that I don't know the Danish music scene outside the Eurovision bubble, but I guess songs can still be current and radio-friendly without sounding like everyone else.

To be honest with you, what Denmark sent since 2009 (minus Only Teardrops) sounds like average Brit/American easy pop-rock to me, and I never felt like it was particularly Danish. But again, my judgement is certainly influenced by my ignorance about what's popular in the country, if that's what sells, then I understand they always went for this type of song. Still, that shouldn't prevent them fro trying new styles.

And "Only Teardrops" just came out of the blue with a different sound, and they won. So without selling their souls to the devil, they're able to offer other things that find an audience. Right now this is becoming linear to me. Please take it as a personal opinion, not as a "truth" I want to impose. :)

GWTW1939
5th November 2015, 19:01
Well I don't know able the Danish music scene either, I simply mean in terms of Eurovision. In ESC bubble a Danish entry moves more towards pop-rock AC genre. Everybody else is usually style wise either dated, left field alternative or pure pop so I think the type of entries the Danes send is easy to identify and pick out of a crowd.

And I personally think "Only Teardrops" was selling their sole to the devil as you put it. It was ESC calculated by numbers that can only exist in ESC universe and nowhere else. It's a ESC stereotype and in terms of recent Danish entries it sticks out like a sore thumb. The hardcore fans were cheering crazy for it when they normally called the Danish entry "blah." They pandered to the ESC audience and the EBU rewarded them for it. After all it was the year when things started going down hill with all the manipulation.

DanielLuis
5th November 2015, 23:02
I acknowledge that I don't know the Danish music scene outside the Eurovision bubble, but I guess songs can still be current and radio-friendly without sounding like everyone else.

To be honest with you, what Denmark sent since 2009 (minus Only Teardrops) sounds like average Brit/American easy pop-rock to me, and I never felt like it was particularly Danish. But again, my judgement is certainly influenced by my ignorance about what's popular in the country, if that's what sells, then I understand they always went for this type of song. Still, that shouldn't prevent them fro trying new styles.

And "Only Teardrops" just came out of the blue with a different sound, and they won. So without selling their souls to the devil, they're able to offer other things that find an audience. Right now this is becoming linear to me. Please take it as a personal opinion, not as a "truth" I want to impose. :)

I agree with you 100%. All the Danish entries since 2004 are very bland in my honest opinion, they're all in the same style. You can say they come from Denmark because that's the same style they send every single year. Still, I liked their 2011 and 2012 entries though. 2013 was different, even if still radio-friendly, and even though it wasn't one of my favourites I can see how it won in a quite bland year. It's like you said, they didn't need to sell their sould to devil to win.

GWTW1939
6th November 2015, 00:01
"Only Teardrops" radio friendly, seriously :?

That song was tailor made for ESC and and only exists because of it. It's an ESC stereotype that is anything but different :lol: I don't know what radio station would ever play that. A lot of songs from that year could at least pass off as an average album track, and OT is certainly not one of them.

ZoboCamel
6th November 2015, 01:11
"Only Teardrops" radio friendly, seriously :?

That song was tailor made for ESC and and only exists because of it. It's an ESC stereotype that is anything but different :lol: I don't know what radio station would ever play that. A lot of songs from that year could at least pass off as an average album track, and OT is certainly not one of them.

I don't think I entirely want Eurovision to be all about radio-friendly songs, though. There are thousands of mainstream, radio-friendly pop tracks released each year, and to me most of them seem to meld together into one amorphous blob; if Eurovision added forty more a year to that list, I don't feel like it'd mean much. If the contest essentially provides an area for a genre that could never exist anywhere else, then... well, I'd much rather it continue to support that genre (and others, of course) than add another forty radio-friendly pop tracks each year. If ESC was just a representative slice of the kind of mainstream pop that's already everywhere, I don't think I'd have been all that attracted to it in the first place - it's entirely because the contest was different that I started to get into it.

GWTW1939
6th November 2015, 04:41
I don't think I entirely want Eurovision to be all about radio-friendly songs, though. There are thousands of mainstream, radio-friendly pop tracks released each year, and to me most of them seem to meld together into one amorphous blob; if Eurovision added forty more a year to that list, I don't feel like it'd mean much. If the contest essentially provides an area for a genre that could never exist anywhere else, then... well, I'd much rather it continue to support that genre (and others, of course) than add another forty radio-friendly pop tracks each year. If ESC was just a representative slice of the kind of mainstream pop that's already everywhere, I don't think I'd have been all that attracted to it in the first place - it's entirely because the contest was different that I started to get into it.

I agree I was just responding to the above posts who said "Only Teardrops" was different yet still radio friendly. As if Denmark was taking a risk while still being true to their radio friendly ways. Sorry but I don't agree with that, it wasn't current or radio friendly at all and in the ESC world as safe and predictable as one can get.

I liked the song a lot but it didn't feel genuine coming from Denmark, it was far too calculating. It was like Denmark was Eliza Doolittle and ESC fans Henry Higgins molding them into what they thought was ESC perfection. Even "In a Moment Like This" despite being just as calculating, and a Swedish import to boot, felt more true to what they normally do (it probably would have gotten lots of radio play in the 80s). If you think about it "Calm after the Storm" achieved to perfection what Denmark tries to do. It actually has more in common with most of the Danish entries that everyone loves to call blah and bland then the typical ESC ones that fans worship.

tuorem
7th November 2015, 02:09
And I personally think "Only Teardrops" was selling their sole to the devil as you put it. It was ESC calculated by numbers that can only exist in ESC universe and nowhere else. It's a ESC stereotype and in terms of recent Danish entries it sticks out like a sore thumb. The hardcore fans were cheering crazy for it when they normally called the Danish entry "blah." They pandered to the ESC audience and the EBU rewarded them for it. After all it was the year when things started going down hill with all the manipulation.

I didn't say "Only Teardrops" wasn't ESC calculated, I meant it was different compared with what Denmark usually sent. Let's be honest: it was meant to please the highest number of people, the way of singing and presentation was partly inspired by the previous winner imo, and there was nothing bold composition-wise. It was catchy for sure, and I wouldn't blame Danes for choosing this because no one would ever listen to it outside Eurovision. Each year, lots of entries are specific to the contest actually.

It wasn't the best song of 2013 to me and I doubt it was the true winning song given the fishy results we got, but I felt like it was refreshing to hear something else from Denmark, even if it was a "pure ESC hit". I'm not gonna lie, that genre they send over and over again leaves me cold, maybe that's why I'm hoping for music diversity from time to time.

Romeo
9th November 2015, 23:55
I've just gone to book tickets to see Tim Schou after seeing he is in Liverpool on the 15th of January... then I couldnt find the tickets and then found out because it was 2015 :(

why does everything bad in life happen to me?

PamSwynford
7th January 2016, 18:00
On 28th January DR will reveal the songs. The day after the compilation CD will go on sale.
Source (http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/sangene-fundet-til-grand-prix-hoer-dem-28-januar)

susanhm
10th January 2016, 13:13
You can listen to to the sogns on Spotify. Thy have been leaked. I have listened to them and we won't won this year.

NikkiBoy
10th January 2016, 13:13
Emilie Esther is highly rumored to be one of the ten finalists.
Take a listen - she's amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOBfy1TTgg

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 13:37
SIMONE again <3

Her STAY AWAKE was the best in 2013!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ltTTTCev4

Schlagerman1
10th January 2016, 13:41
You can listen to to the sogns on Spotify. Thy have been leaked. I have listened to them and we won't won this year.

It is so it seems, listening to them as I write. Better write down a list of the song titles and artists.

1. "Rays Of Sunlight" David Jay
2. "Heart Shaped Hole" Simone
3. "To Stjerner" Muri & Mario
4. "Blue Horizon" Sophia Nohr
5. "The Wrong Kind" Veronicas Illusion
6. "Soldiers Of Love" Lighthouse X
7. "Who Needs A Heart" Kristel Lisberg
8. "Break It Good" Jessica
9. "Breakaway" Bracelet
10. "Never Alone" Anja Nissen

PamSwynford
10th January 2016, 13:53
Someone already posted Anja's song on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XNYeVontGQ

Schlagerman1
10th January 2016, 14:01
Well it is a rather boring bunch of songs, as it often is with Denmark. But for me it is almost obvious that it is made for Anja Nissen and her "Never Alone". Cool song which I can see do rather well in Stockholm. Reminds a little of "You" (::se 2013) and I could almost put money on that the Deb-family is involved in this song as well. I also like Jessicas song, which felt summerish and fun. But the contender for winning will problably be Bracelet, typical danish rock-popish sound that often works. Wouldn't be surprised if Denmark choose wrong and go for the more generic sound (even if all the songs are basically generic this year...).

susanhm
10th January 2016, 14:02
Anja Nissen is the best of the bunch. Changed my mind. Simone for the win.

NikkiBoy
10th January 2016, 14:02
Simone is by now my favorite with Heart Shaped Hole - what a voice and such a good song! ::dk !!!

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 14:04
Simone is by now my favorite with Heart Shaped Hole - what a voice and such a good song! ::dk !!!

She is an amazing singer! I love her and her voice ;) I'm waiting impatiently to hear HEART SHAPED HOLE :P

NikkiBoy
10th January 2016, 14:07
She is an amazing singer! I love her and her voice ;) I'm waiting impatiently to hear HEART SHAPED HOLE :P

You must look forward to hearing it then, you won't get disappointed!
And she got good chances this time i will say!

GianlucaTomoe
10th January 2016, 14:13
Yay, I'm already jumping to Simone's wagon without even listening to the song! xheart

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 14:15
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lnyg0_eurovision-2016-denmark-simone-heart-shaped-hole-dmgp-2016_music omg <3

susanhm
10th January 2016, 14:17
Ok. just listend to them again. and Simone is getting better and better.

NikkiBoy
10th January 2016, 14:22
It's Simone's time to represent the red and white colors for Denmark! xcheer

susanhm
10th January 2016, 14:26
Simone´s Heart Shaped Hole, reminds me a bit of Sia and her songs.

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 14:42
Simone´s Heart Shaped Hole, reminds me a bit of Sia and her songs.

For me too, but this song is a masterpiece like maltese Chameleon! My dream is Simone there in Eurovision! :)

AlekS
10th January 2016, 15:53
If there is a person responsible for MGP's diversity he should be fired.
Out of all these MF leftovers/crap Simone or Bracelet would be a decent choice.

PamSwynford
10th January 2016, 16:26
Apparently, the songs are available now due to a human error. The Sony employee who uploaded the album to Spotify's database entered 29 January 2015 as the release date, instead of 29 January 2016.

At least, that's what Jan Lagermand Lundme claims.

Yeah right. :mrgreen:

Knubelznarm
10th January 2016, 16:55
Muri and Mario should win. If they can deliver live that is. Their song almost sounds like something you would hear on contemporary danish radio. The rest..... not so much :rolleyes:

VikingTiger
10th January 2016, 17:03
As usual I dont find many interesting songs in the Danish MGP. But I have to agree with most people in here; it has to be Simone! Heart Shaped Hole would be a really good choice for Denmark, and we would probably see Denmark back in the final.

What I find a bit strange is the total lack of diversity of genres and songs in the Danish MGP - year after year after year most of the songs sound like they were written to fit a certain "danish Eurovision sound".
Unfortunately that has lead to Denmark sending many ok songs. But in my opinion they have failen to send a REAL 12pointer. Denmark has even won the contest 3 times... I was never a bit fan of Dansevise. I really did not see why Fly on the Wings of Love did that well. And then, to top it all, Teardrops won in a pretty bad ESC year, without even being in my personal top 10...

tsegaye
10th January 2016, 17:05
I feel Simone is the obvious choice here, I hope Denmark sees that as well...

DeMarcus
10th January 2016, 17:37
Kristel has the best entry... :)

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 18:23
MY TOP 10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYBdY7JMEdw

Romeo
10th January 2016, 18:30
BRING BACK ANNE

Romeo
10th January 2016, 18:33
There are actually a few decent tunes in DMGP I dont see DK keeping their decent record of winning in Sweden. I could be wrong, with good eprformances I think a few of these could do really well

EscGeek
10th January 2016, 18:57
my choice is Veronicas Illusion - "The Wrong Kind"

the rest is...classic dmgp

cassio
10th January 2016, 19:29
I've just submitted a song to DMGP 2016!!!

Romeo, did your song go thought to the final in Horsens ??

Romeo
10th January 2016, 19:36
Romeo, did your song go thought to the final in Horsens ??

no :(

It would have been a decent song to add to this bunch of songs, it was like Tom Dice "Me and My Guitar" and John Karayiannis "One thing I should have done (original version, not the ruines ESC version". There isnt anything like it in the final 10 so it wouldn't have clashed with any other songs

AlekS
10th January 2016, 20:16

It would have been a decent song to add to this bunch of songs, it was like Tom Dice "Me and My Guitar" and John Karayiannis "One thing I should have done (original version, not the ruines ESC version". There isnt anything like it in the final 10 so it wouldn't have clashed with any other songs
Judging by what's been leaked and your description I'd have even voted for you 8-)

Romeo
10th January 2016, 20:18
Judging by what's been leaked and your description I'd have even voted for you 8-)

I want to upload it to youtube but I also want to save it for next year lol

I have a home recorded acoustic version of it which I am tempted to upload but I can't even do that if I want it for next year

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 20:20
I have a problem with number one....

Simone or Muri & Mario omg 2 songs are very catchy :(

ParadiseES
10th January 2016, 20:26
I thought we would get some innovation from Denmark after last year flop, but it seems I was wrong.... :/

There's nothing really interesting. At least "Soldiers of love" is nice and catchy. Kristel, Bracelet, Simone or, maybe, Veronicas could qualify (not sure though), but that's all about it. Denmark won't be back to top-10 this year and it's not so unlikely to see them staying in the semifinal again if we take a look at this NF.

cassio
10th January 2016, 20:38

I'm sorry to hear that, In my opinion, after hearing a short extract of the 10 songs ........ it's all the same as usual every song sounds the same boring and crappy !!

Sammy
10th January 2016, 20:44
I want "Soldiers of love". It's catchy and nice. And people will start discussions on the title and compare it to the the Belgium 1987. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0uxzbTgmPY

aef
10th January 2016, 22:33
There are some really decent songs...

...but where's the variety? xshrug

By now, I can't name any clear favourite for me!

popavapeur
10th January 2016, 22:40
Veronicas Illusion - The Wrong Kind : My new fave song and eurovision 2016 winner by the way.

VikingTiger
10th January 2016, 23:28
I thought we would get some innovation from Denmark after last year flop

Innovation in Danish MGP??? Was that a joke?? I cant tell the different editions of the danish MGP apart from each other... it all sounds the same year after year... I am not saying that it is bad - but throughout the last years there has been incredibly little variation....

ParadiseES
10th January 2016, 23:39
Innovation in Danish MGP??? Was that a joke?? I cant tell the different editions of the danish MGP apart from each other... it all sounds the same year after year... I am not saying that it is bad - but throughout the last years there has been incredibly little variation....

Well, I know. But I hoped a flop would make them change something. It's a logical reaction after all, but I guess Danish TV and me don't same the same logic.

ESCPOLAND
10th January 2016, 23:56
"for you"

HAHAHA sounds so russian :lol:

ayzelto
11th January 2016, 00:52
Am I the only one who thinks there are many good songs this year?
Almost all of them would, at least, qualify but if I had to choose I would definitely send Simone.

LalehForWD
11th January 2016, 11:11
I think it's a great selection of songs, perhaps the best in years? In the end it's the live performances that counts though.

Regarding people saying the songs sounds similar, maybe they all have the same producer via DR? Anyone knows?

Simone and Muri & Mario are my choices so far. Simone perhaps even able to win the whole Eurovision which would be so epic? :lol::lol:

Zorjan
11th January 2016, 13:11
The songs are indeed very similar and most of them quite bland as well :s The only real difference between this year and earlier years is the fact that I hardly know any of the singers (the only ones I actually do know are Simone and Søren Bregendal from Lighthouse X)..
I do believe, however, that Simone has the best song in DMGP since 2013! I'm not sure it'll win, but I think it may do very well in Stockholm if she performs it well live :D It's one of those songs I listen to over and over again :D

theCONWEL
11th January 2016, 14:34
Anja Nissen!!! xfaint

She needs to win!

busybee
11th January 2016, 15:00
I don't think we'll be going to Denmark in 2017...and, in my opinion, unless the winning song has an excellent stage presentation (or other countries' songs are even worse), I think Denmark will have a problem to qualify, too.

NikkiBoy
11th January 2016, 16:39
If Simone can deliver Heart Shaped Hole vocally good live (as i know she can) - I hope and is almost 100 procent sure she wins DMGP.

Franco
11th January 2016, 23:29
I've just heard Simone's Heart Shaped Hole on Wiwibloggs and it immediately... "clicked in", you know? I liked it from the start. A lot.
Best song of 2016, so far.
Maybe Denmark is going to win again after Sweden? I wouldn't mind, this time.

VikingTiger
11th January 2016, 23:40
So it seems that Simone is the one.... reading this forum. I think she is the best choice, and I can see another decent danish result in Stockholm - but a winner? Definitely not...

Schlagerman1
12th January 2016, 00:54
Oh christ, Bracelet has the two sons of Nanne Grönvall (member in Swe 96 and been in Melodifestivalen about 15 times, most recent in 2009), Charlie and Felix Grönvall. They were in MF 2014 in the group Little Great Things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxV4uLp7YuE

Sure I have nothing against them to be honest, and I got a feeling that Bracelet will be in the top 3 in the end...maybe together with Simone and Anja Nissen if they all three work live.

And to add my opinion of Simone, I really like the verses, but the chorus is not working at all for me, way too generic. Has to be rather cool live to make it work.

ESCPOLAND
12th January 2016, 12:18
I hope that Anja will not win! This time Simone need to go to ESC :D

NikkiBoy
12th January 2016, 16:06
OMG there is still a month to go and just really want the result now. Simone it has to be.

NikkiBoy
12th January 2016, 16:33
::dk Vote for your favorite in this years DMGP in my thread:
http://www.escunited.com/threads/14499-DANSK-MELODI-GRAND-PRIX-2016-Who-should-win

ESCPOLAND
12th January 2016, 18:31
Odds for DMGP 2016:

Anja Nissen 2.00
Simone 2.10
Lighthouse X 3.00
Bracelet 3.20
David Jay 5.00
Jessica 7.20
Kristel Lisberg 7.60
Muri & Mario 9.00
Veronicas Illusion 10.00
Sophia Nohr 12.00

blein
13th January 2016, 01:18
Simone - Heart Shaped Hole Hope is added to wishlist... together with ::mtIra Losco/Chameleon and ::mdLidia Isac/Fallen Star . I remember last year selections :D Nightmare

sharkan
13th January 2016, 07:42
Well Denmark being Denmark. Random songs with random artists. Overproduced without any substance.

sharkan
13th January 2016, 09:35
Well, I know. But I hoped a flop would make them change something. It's a logical reaction after all, but I guess Danish TV and me don't same the same logic.
They need more flops

Franco
13th January 2016, 12:58
I wonder how will Simone dress for the occasion.
In 2010 she was like this:
http://i.imgur.com/5vsHwAB.jpg

And in 2013 like this:
http://i.imgur.com/IlGsprP.jpg

But this song requires darker tones. I think she could take a page from Ellen Benediktson's book.
http://i.imgur.com/ScmilMj.jpg

cassio
13th January 2016, 16:55
Oh Dear ..... we are not going to win this year in Stockholm...

We think Denmark once again will go for a mid tempo song therefore I see Muri & Mario wining it all, and if Simone can sing in tune live she might bee second however her song is tremendous boring ....

cassio
13th January 2016, 17:00
I don't think more flops will help the situation....... Denmark simply need better composers who understand the meaning of the word "new" and we also need a better screening panel who well pic songs that doesn't sound alike ..... Another flop and DR will once again blame the composers and not rethink the whole concept like Christer Björkman did for Melodifestivalen some years ago

lowyby
13th January 2016, 18:22
I don't think more flops will help the situation....... Denmark simply need better composers who understand the meaning of the word "new" and we also need a better screening panel who well pic songs that doesn't sound alike ..... Another flop and DR will once again blame the composers and not rethink the whole concept like Christer Björkman did for Melodifestivalen some years ago

Indeed, your winning formula of copying succesful Ultratop songs is coming to an end
It's about originality now :)...
said nobody before ;;

Kairit
13th January 2016, 20:35
I don't have any opinion about these songs besides the fact that I'm still not over "Hotel A" of last year and Jessica's song is the only one that sounds really sliiightly similar to that, so it's pretty much my favourite :D Damn. :(

cassio
13th January 2016, 22:36
DR has just revealed that the screening panel consist of: Cutfather (danish musicproducer) and one other person. 2 persons to pick 10 songs out of more than 1000 songs.........

No wonder that all the songs sounds the same ....... It's Cutfathers 10 picks!!!

Im so disappointed :evil:

cassio
13th January 2016, 22:43
The voting has started on DR homepage the top five are:

Lighthouse X: 98 votes
Bracelet: 105 votes
Kristel Lisberg: 107 votes
Muri & Mario: 123 votes
Simone: 227 votes

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46nsucKBxw

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowRaRPjJ08

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-VEbnYpmA&amp;feature=youtu.be

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Z8NNMwWAs&amp;feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3d7GHA8Is

Gera11
14th January 2016, 03:33
Anja Nissen vampire confirmed :lol:

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z262Xu_Qp-U&amp;feature=youtu.be

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEWNAMRnhA&amp;feature=youtu.be

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HYkex8F6FI&amp;feature=youtu.be

Matt
14th January 2016, 03:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cUeGON-Cc&amp;feature=youtu.be

Matt
14th January 2016, 04:05
https://youtu.be/d7CXFAoY63U

Franco
14th January 2016, 12:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cUeGON-Cc&feature=youtu.be

Her voice sounds so thin here. She doesn't sound at all like the voice of the studio version of Heart Shaped Hole.
Should I start worrying about her live performance? xthink

==

Two more interviews (but in danish):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5vxsczudPI

and

https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/aftenshowet/#!/00:24:21 <- from 25:00
This last one looks more like a quiz. At the end she wins... "a fan"? :lol:
http://5.t.imgbox.com/8WY3HLYi.jpg (https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfYYFeGd7h/)

susanhm
14th January 2016, 13:24
Simone´s song only gets better after a few times.

susanhm
14th January 2016, 13:28
[QUOTE=Franco;1541078]Her voice sounds so thin here. She doesn't sound at all like the voice of the studio version of Heart Shaped Hole.
Should I start worrying about her live performance? xthink

I don´t think you should start worrying. She is an excelent singer. Just look at her former songs in DMGP.

ESCPOLAND
14th January 2016, 22:55
Simone... her voice sounds like angel's voice! ;)

Krishoes
14th January 2016, 23:36
I'm surprised! I like many acts here (Muri & Mario, Veronicas Illusion, Sophia Nohr, Kristel Lisberg) but my fave one is for sure "Heart shaped hole" by Simone xlove

Anthony Tesla
14th January 2016, 23:40
"Heart Shaped Hole" sounds like a strong candidate for the main event.

ESCPOLAND
15th January 2016, 00:58
She was amazing in 2013 <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOMjYSTMBE

Franco
15th January 2016, 01:06
She was just waiting for the killer song.

susanhm
15th January 2016, 01:11
https://youtu.be/VypuHCO_Io8?t=1m19s

To think she was only 12 jeres old then. Wow what a voice. Simone for the win.

GianlucaTomoe
15th January 2016, 01:29
https://youtu.be/VypuHCO_Io8?t=1m19s

To think she was only 12 jeres old then. Wow what a voice. Simone for the win.

What does "jeres" mean?

Franco
15th January 2016, 02:00
She is leading the poll on DR's homepage. xyaay
It bodes well for the televote in the NF. Hopefully, the juries too will be friendly. xcrossed

cassio
15th January 2016, 03:57
What does "jeres" mean?

Hi GianlucaTomoe

I think it's a type error for: "years"

susanhm
15th January 2016, 09:40
What does "jeres" mean?

It is a type error for years

ESCPOLAND
15th January 2016, 12:48
She is leading the poll on DR's homepage. xyaay
It bodes well for the televote in the NF. Hopefully, the juries too will be friendly. xcrossed

where is that pool? :O

susanhm
15th January 2016, 13:13
where is that pool? :O

http://www.dr.dk/

Scroll down till it says "Hvem Vinder" and you can see pictures of who is going to be in DMGP. There you can vote py clicking "Stem". Hope it makes sence. :-)

Palkin
15th January 2016, 13:54
Typical Denmark. Low-lever selection...

Franco
15th January 2016, 19:36
The poll has disappeared. xshrug
And now DR has uploaded the songs on its youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWBDEqNchKCrWkvPsTg8qOdM5ZNl6Wwo9

ESCPOLAND
15th January 2016, 20:23
Poll is here :P

http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/nyheder/lyt-og-stem-hvem-vinder-melodi-grand-prix

Franco
15th January 2016, 20:32
xthank

susanhm
15th January 2016, 21:56
Strange I can´t find the poll anywhere. I wonder why have they deleted it.

Franco
15th January 2016, 22:24
Strange I can´t find the poll anywhere. I wonder why have they deleted it.

They've just removed it from the homepage. It's here:

Poll is here :P

http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/nyheder/lyt-og-stem-hvem-vinder-melodi-grand-prix

susanhm
15th January 2016, 22:32
They've just removed it from the homepage. It's here:

I can´t see the poll. I can listen to the songs, but where do I vote or see the poll result.?

Franco
15th January 2016, 23:16
I can´t see the poll. I can listen to the songs, but where do I vote or see the poll result.?

Right above the list of the songs.
http://4.t.imgbox.com/5pyMv1Zg.jpg (http://imgbox.com/5pyMv1Zg)
Simone is at 1233 votes now.

susanhm
16th January 2016, 00:02
Right above the list of the songs.
http://4.t.imgbox.com/5pyMv1Zg.jpg (http://imgbox.com/5pyMv1Zg)
Simone is at 1233 votes now.

I don't know what happend, but that was not there last time i looked. How Strange. But Thank you very much.

Franco
16th January 2016, 00:06
I don't know what happend, but that was not there last time i looked. How Strange. But Thank you very much.

You're welcome. :)

cassio
16th January 2016, 02:47
Top 5 on DR homepage

5. Bracelet: 396 votes
4. Lighthouse X: 560 votes
3. Kristel Lisberg: 789 votes
2. Muri og Mario: 1189 votes
1. Simone 1244 votes

Muri and Mario is getting closer to Simone, there is still 4 weeks until the show starts in Horsens at 8 pm CET on the 13th of February

popavapeur
16th January 2016, 15:05
Veronicas Illusion is not even in the top 5... It sounds like an Icona Pop Song (best seller in Europe and US with I Love It and few others songs) a good uptempo song and it won't win. What a waste. :-(

susanhm
16th January 2016, 16:10
The more I listen to the songs from this years DMGP, the more I like most of the songs. I really think we have a bunch of good songs this year. The best in many years. Sure there are some that are a bit similar. But the songs are still good. I do not get those who say it is a crabby bunch of songs. Many people say we should send something different than what we usually send. We did that last year. Look where that got us.
Anyway let us hope Simone wins this years DMGP and get us in the final again.

RomanFromRussia
16th January 2016, 16:39
Muri and Mario xbow

As for me it's the best option Denmark can do, this song at least has something special comparing to others.

AshleyWright
16th January 2016, 17:51
Anja or Kristel please. Don't get the Simone hype at all. :?

ESCPOLAND
16th January 2016, 23:16
OMG :/ Muri & Mario 1st place there on dr.dk page :( Simone 2nd :/

susanhm
16th January 2016, 23:26
OMG :/ Muri & Mario 1st place there on dr.dk page :( Simone 2nd :/

What? NOOOOOO!!!! That can´t be true. All though I think many danish people vote for the danish song, simply because it´s in danish. Just a thought...

Franco
16th January 2016, 23:41
Simone took the lead when the poll was in the homepage and lost it when it was moved into an internal page.
Maybe it means that Muri&Mario have more fans, but the majority of casual viewers like Simone?

Franco
17th January 2016, 00:09
By the way, I've found this video with lyrics but I'm not sure about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8IkaEe5o

At 0:24 it's written "when the tunes don't play", but I think I'm hearing "when I choose the blade".
It would make more sense to me. She's describing herself in the process to make a surgical removal, so she puts on the surgical mask, she scans the body with a finger to find the point, and then she chooses the blade with which she'll do the cut.
What do you think? xthink

susanhm
17th January 2016, 00:30
By the way, I've found this video with lyrics but I'm not sure about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8IkaEe5o

At 0:24 it's written "when the tunes don't play", but I think I'm hearing "when I choose the blade".
It would make more sense to me. She's describing herself in the process to make a surgical removal, so she puts on the surgical mask, she scans the body with a finger to find the point, and then she chooses the blade with which she'll do the cut.
What do you think? xthink

First thank you so much for this. Been looking for the lyrics. Second, I think she sing "when I choose a blade"

Franco
17th January 2016, 00:45
You're welcome. I've been long looking for the lyrics, too. Those are some beautiful verses and I wanted to be sure not to miss any of them. :)
You're right, now I can hear it: it's an "a" and not a "the". Thanks.

Schlagerman1
17th January 2016, 11:27
Now when reading the lyrics, finally I start to understand why people like Simones song. I really like this ending love-story with the verses having a theme of plastic surgery, where she is "cutting out" the one she loved. Very smart way to make a song more original. Still not a wow song, but I like it much better now. :)

Lupus
17th January 2016, 12:55
Not a lot here to amaze me, but I have rather large soft spots for "Soldiers of Love" and "Who Needs A Heart". Otherwise, not much to make my heart skip a beat.

ESCPOLAND
18th January 2016, 01:16
http://i67.tinypic.com/jb60t1.jpg <3

PamSwynford
18th January 2016, 16:30
Jacob Riising, Annette Heick and Hilda Heick are the hosts of DMGP2016. BTW, Hilda and Annette are mother and daughter. :mrgreen:
https://z-1-scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12508923_1042650495757591_5565150215473320424_n.jp g?oh=068b7fb48cdf6a543f9f276c00e4f10e&oe=5734FFA0

susanhm
18th January 2016, 16:42
Jacob Riising, Annette Heick and Hilda Heick are the hosts of DMGP2016. BTW, Hilda and Annette are mother and daughter. :mrgreen:
https://z-1-scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12508923_1042650495757591_5565150215473320424_n.jp g?oh=068b7fb48cdf6a543f9f276c00e4f10e&oe=5734FFA0

Why oh why....?

Franco
20th January 2016, 15:56
Wiwibloggs' favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-MWh5Fhzg

Meanwhile...
...on http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/nyheder/lyt-og-stem-hvem-vinder-melodi-grand-prix the poll at this very moment is:

Muri & Mario - “To Stjerner”: 1799
Simone - “Heart Shaped Hole”: 1669
Kristel Lisberg - “Who Needs A Heart”: 1079
Lighthouse X - “Soldiers of Love”: 977
Bracelet - “Breakaway”: 513
Sophia Nohr - “Blue Horizon”: 450
Anja Nissen - “Never Alone”: 445
Jessica - “Break it Good”: 436
David Jay - “Rays of Sunlight”: 342
Veronicas Illusion - “The Wrong Kind”: 285

...on DR's Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/DRMelodiGrandPrix/videos):
Simone - “Heart Shaped Hole”: 8802 views - 161 likes - 9 dislikes
Lighthouse X - “Soldiers of Love”: 4088 views - 42 likes - 2 dislikes
Muri & Mario - “To Stjerner”: 3919 views - 152 likes - 13 dislikes
Anja Nissen - “Never Alone”: 3333 views - 60 likes - 14 dislikes
Kristel Lisberg - “Who Needs A Heart”: 3227 views - 74 likes - 6 dislikes
Sophia Nohr - “Blue Horizon”: 2495 views - 28 likes - 8 dislikes
Jessica - “Break it Good”: 2296 views - 32 likes -8 dislikes
Veronicas Illusion - “The Wrong Kind”: 2013 views - 27 likes - 14 dislikes
Bracelet - “Breakaway”: 1646 views - 21 likes - 5 dislikes
David Jay - “Rays of Sunlight”: 1456 views - 13 likes - 9 dislikes

...the odds according to Nordicbet (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oddsfan.dk%2Fsimone-storfavorit-til-at-vinde-melodi-grand-prix%2F):
Simone - “Heart Shaped Hole”: 2.00
Kristel Lisberg - “Who Needs A Heart”: 6.50
Sophia Nohr - “Blue Horizon”: 7.50
Anja Nissen - “Never Alone”: 7.00
Lighthouse X - “Soldiers of Love”: 10.00
Bracelet - “Breakaway”: 13.00
Muri & Mario - “To Stjerner”: 15.00
Veronicas Illusion - “The Wrong Kind”: 25.00
Jessica - “Break it Good”: 25.00
David Jay - “Rays of Sunlight”: 35.00

susanhm
20th January 2016, 16:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfxTTwVBjnw

In spirit of Dolly Partons 70th birthday. Emmelie De Forest sings "Jolene"

RainyWoods
20th January 2016, 16:34
Woah, ok Denmark has one song to get me on their side. Simone's "Heart Shaped Hole". What a mighty fine contemporary pop song. It has such wonderful melodic twists and turns. That bridge is glorious with the 80's synths. I just love it! Providing all the pieces come together on stage, please do not make a big mistake here Denmark. For once you can have a truly explosive entry. Ditch the beige and send this tasty treat.

susanhm
21st January 2016, 19:34
Acording to a Danish newspaper, Anja Nissen's song "Never Alone", written by Emmelie de Forest might get disqualified. It's because Emilie de Forest have been singing it to 10 of her concerts.

GWTW1939
21st January 2016, 19:46
That was pretty stupid of her :lol: She should know the rules.

But as long as it was not recorded on anything (video/CD/Tape recorder/etc.) and circulating around does it actually matter?

Franco
21st January 2016, 19:51
It's because Emilie de Forest have been singing it to 10 of her concerts.

Did it happen before or after the last September?
The song is the original one; the fact that Emilie de Forest performed it first doesn't change that. So, only the fact that she sang it before 1/9/2015 could disqualify the song.

susanhm
21st January 2016, 19:59
The article

http://amtsavisen.dk/mariagerfjord/emmelie-sender-brugt-sang-til-grand-prix

susanhm
21st January 2016, 20:02
Did it happen before or after the last September?
The song is the original one; the fact that Emilie de Forest performed it first doesn't change that. So, only the fact that she sang it before 1/9/2015 could disqualify the song.

It does not say in the article. Only that she performed it at some concerts and festivals. Not when she performed the song.

Franco
21st January 2016, 20:05
The article

http://amtsavisen.dk/mariagerfjord/emmelie-sender-brugt-sang-til-grand-prix

The rules reads:
"By performing, publishing and sales mean that the original work must not have been or be played at public venues, including radio, television, concerts and on websites (eg YouTube and others). Has the work been published previously, for example, on SoundCloud or similar. DR must immediately be made aware of it, and DR decides whether the work can participate in the competition. "

I see. DR's rules are stricter than EBU's.
They may have a point, then.

susanhm
21st January 2016, 20:22
The rules reads:
"By performing, publishing and sales mean that the original work must not have been or be played at public venues, including radio, television, concerts and on websites (eg YouTube and others). Has the work been published previously, for example, on SoundCloud or similar. DR must immediately be made aware of it, and DR decides whether the work can participate in the competition. "

I see. DR's rules are stricter than EBU's.
They may have a point, then.

Well if the song does get disqualified, then I guess Simone is the winner. The only song I see fighting Simone for the win is "Never Alone" sung by Anja Nissen

susanhm
21st January 2016, 20:22
That was pretty stupid of her :lol: She should know the rules.

But as long as it was not recorded on anything (video/CD/Tape recorder/etc.) and circulating around does it actually matter?

According to the rules I think it does.

Franco
21st January 2016, 21:10
Found another article:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kultur/dr-skandale-lurer-gammel-sang-med-i-melodi-grand-prix/5918923

According to Ekstra Bladet information has Emmelie de Forest also sung the song at Nibe Festival in 2014 and over ten other places.

Well, if that will be proven to be true, it settles the matter, I think.

susanhm
21st January 2016, 21:18
Found another article:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kultur/dr-skandale-lurer-gammel-sang-med-i-melodi-grand-prix/5918923

According to Ekstra Bladet information has Emmelie de Forest also sung the song at Nibe Festival in 2014 and over ten other places.

Well, if that will be proven to be true, it settles the matter, I think.

Jan Lagermand Lundme says that he knew it from the start. Hmmm... It is a good song, but why let it enter the competition in the first place, if it is going to get disqualified in the end?

PamSwynford
21st January 2016, 21:40
Jan Lagermand Lundme says that he knew it from the start. Hmmm... It is a good song, but why let it enter the competition in the first place, if it is going to get disqualified in the end?

I think it's because it was written by Emmelie de Forest. If one of the authors was a complete no-namer, it would've been disqualified without asking. #Iknowitwasarhetoricalquestion

Franco
21st January 2016, 21:43
He says that released as in "sung at a concert" is not the same as released as in "put on record and sold" and only the latter would break EBU's rules.
I don't think so.
While it may not give Anja an advantage, I think it still breaks the rules. He should have a talk with EBU about this.

I'm happy that it's one less competitor for Simone and HSH, but I'm also sorry for Anja Niessen: she has literally travelled half the globe for nothing and now she sees herself excluded because of something that it's entirely not her fault.
I hope that she gets the chance to compete with a new song (if she has any available).

toinou03
21st January 2016, 21:48
^
Indeed, singing in public before september 2015 is forbidden (in theory). Then since 2013 you have the "Anouk jurisprudence"...

susanhm
21st January 2016, 21:51
He says that released as in "sung at a concert" is not the same as released as in "put on record and sold" and only the latter would break EBU's rules.
I don't think so.
While it may not give Anja an advantage, I think it still breaks the rules. He should have a talk with EBU about this.

I'm happy that it's one less competitor for Simone and HSH, but I'm also sorry for Anja Niessen: she has literally travelled half the globe for nothing and now she sees herself excluded because of something that it's entirely not her fault.
I hope that she gets the chance to compete with a new song (if she has any available).

It is sad for Anja Nissen. It would be nice with a new song, however I do not think it is going to happen. I also think Jan should talk to EBU. What if Anja wins and then gets disqualified. DRAMA!!

susanhm
21st January 2016, 21:52
^
Indeed, singing in public before september 2015 is forbidden (in theory). Then since 2013 you have the "Anouk jurisprudence"...

What happend in 2013 with Anouk?

lowyby
21st January 2016, 21:55

She has sung some sentences on the radio in the past

susanhm
21st January 2016, 21:57
She has sung some sentences on the radio in the past

Ah ok. thank you for explaining.

PamSwynford
21st January 2016, 21:57

She performed a part of the song on a concert two years before she went to Eurovision.

P.S. Let's not forget that "Solayoh" was as a demo on MySpace since 2008.

susanhm
21st January 2016, 22:02
She performed a part of the song on a concert two years before she went to Eurovision.

P.S. Let's not forget that "Solayoh" was as a demo on MySpace since 2008.

So maybe "Never Alone" won´t be disqualified?

PamSwynford
21st January 2016, 22:42
So maybe "Never Alone" won´t be disqualified?

Everything is possible, but I doubt that they'll change it after they already released the official CD.

GWTW1939
21st January 2016, 22:46
Everything is possible, but I doubt that they'll change it after they already released the official CD.

Considering the fact she performed it multiple times at different concerts in different places I'm surprised they let it get this far before finding out :o Where they living under a rock..... who does the vetting process :?

Franco
21st January 2016, 23:10
but I doubt that they'll change it after they already released the official CD.

True that. :(

PamSwynford
21st January 2016, 23:27
Considering the fact she performed it multiple times at different concerts in different places I'm surprised they let it get this far before finding out :o Where they living under a rock..... who does the vetting process :?

I don't know, but something's very weird on DR. But like I wrote it before, they choose the song only because EDF is behind it. In another case it would be a reject.

HEAON
22nd January 2016, 03:16
Just heard the songs !!! Soooo...

- David Jay - Rays of Sunlight: ( 6/10 )
So uptempo i really like it ! I wanna dance ! It's the right up beat song for a man to sing. Great and warm voice. Maybe some will consider as an old fashion song but i think is a safe choice. Not a stand out song but a song to cheer you up ... a bit.
On stage: Sure a lot of dance and not a stunning performance...

- Simone - Heart Shaped Hole: ( 8 /10 )
A lot of mystery mood and little dark. I really like it !!! It's not a classic baland but neither an uptempo song. So good but not something that stole my heart from the first listening. Good choice for Denmark, maybe hopes for something good in May but we need to know all the songs first.
On stage:Really promissing ! The song need that mystery mood on satge too. Hope Simone can sing live! The must prepare something really good if they want the ticket to Stockholm!

- Muri & Mario - To Stjerner: ( 9/10 )
Soooo different from the other ! Sooo fresh ! It's a typically 2016 song! Reminds me a bit 'Lean on' ! Love the Danish,great choice than English ! It is a risky song for Eurovision cuz is not a typicall pop song that we all used to see on Eurovision! It's worth to take the risk and who knows...!
On stage: I think that the staging is sooo difficult ! Needs something modern not something usual ! I am afraid that all the performance will help the song stand out or it will ruined it

- Sophia Nohr - Blue Horizon: (3/10)
Boring. Boring. Boring. Such a mess in the melody ! Maybe they aren't sure about the style of the song that they wanted to participate with so they did a mix up. Really nothing intresting,not even her voice. Tottaly wrong choice for Denmark!
On stage: Don't expect something amazing ! Just hope not to be alone in stage and not being motionless

- Veronicas Illusion - The Wrong Kind: ( 4/10 )
One more act for the night. Nothing that i will waiting to see on stage but not even wondering when it ends. I don't like her voice ! A lot of teenage joy for me that i can't handle it. Just Ok, next.
On stage: Sure lot of jumping up and down and something that covers all the stage but without a reason

- Lighthouse X - Soldiers of Love: ( 7/10 )
That is what i am waiting from a male group ! Intresting voices ! Classic pop group song but has a lovely melody without many screams or a really up beating end ! Not a stand out but a good song! Nice choise but not for a top place in scoreboard...
On stage: Hope for a performace and not a fancy choreogrphy ! The key will be the simplicity as the songs allows

- Kristel Lisberg - Who Needs a Heart: ( 4/10 )
For some reason i don't like it. But i can't find exacly why... Maybe because the refrain is too sloow,or because the song doesn't have a great pick at some point i the song. Maybe because noting happens to that song! A song for a fairytale movie such as Cinderella... Not a song to remember among the others.
On stage: I am afraid boring too. A nice idea will be if we see on stage any fairytale act ! Other way why to see it ...

- Jessica - Break it Good: ( 7/10 )
I like it ! It makes me move! I love that tune ! Has something from summer i don't know ! It's not something special or something that will blow your mind. Just a happy song. You like it or hate it.
On stage: hhmmm dancing of course !

- Bracelet - Breakaway: ( 5/10 )
Ok! Nice song but ... Something missing ! Just another group for teenagers that brings a lot of joy ! Something pop something rock not clear enough ... Confusing a lot. Not a great choice though...
On stage: Something like a group with their guitars playing and at the middle or in the end of the song will start jumping or moving around the stage with no reason...

- Anja Nissen - Never Alone: ( 5/10 )
I want to love that song (because of Anja) but i can't. A lot of drums. A song try to write an anthem for someone with no reason. It's the same Never Aloneeee and Never Aloneeee all the time ! Why? I get it Never alone ! Sure i'll remember it but i don't like it ! I like the idea send Anja but with other song more powerful and not this...
On stage: Don't know ! Drums,dancing,stupid choreography and easy learning ... Hope not ! I pray for something wow or else ... sorry Anja

For me the only choice is Muri & Mario !!!! xcheer xcheer xcheer

But also Simone or LighthouseX will be good choices too

susanhm
22nd January 2016, 20:38
Just heard the songs !!! Soooo...

For me the only choice is Muri & Mario !!!! xcheer xcheer xcheer

But also Simone or LighthouseX will be good choices too

I don´t get why so many people like Muri and Mario. The song is ok. Nut that is it. But here is a question, IF Muri and Mario wins DMGP would you prefer the song to be sung in english at Eurovision?

HEAON
23rd January 2016, 06:20
I don´t get why so many people like Muri and Mario. The song is ok. Nut that is it. But here is a question, IF Muri and Mario wins DMGP would you prefer the song to be sung in english at Eurovision?

If you ask me definitly nooo ! I love the danish language xlove

But generaly it will be good because people will learn it easier and quicker...

Franco
23rd January 2016, 07:47
Interview with Simone:
http://eurovision-addict.blogspot.com/2016/01/simone-i-enjoy-being-artist-that-you.html

Franco
23rd January 2016, 16:08
HSH got the Scandipop's endorsement. ;)
http://www.scandipop.co.uk/song-simone-heart-shaped-hole/

Palkin
23rd January 2016, 17:13
Please, send Never Alone in Stocholm, single quite good song in danish selection

susanhm
24th January 2016, 14:35
I can not wait till the final. Hopefully we will choose the right song. It wories me that Muri and Mario is in the lead in the poll on DR homepage. Denmark Please choose wisely. And not like last year.

Sochiara
24th January 2016, 14:47
Please Denmark, send Simone! I instantly fell in love with this song after hearing it for the first time xlove

Franco
24th January 2016, 18:13
It wories me that Muri and Mario is in the lead in the poll on DR homepage.

She's closing the gap. It was 100+ a few days ago. Now it's only 40.
And her views on Youtube are 3x those of M&M.
xcheer

susanhm
24th January 2016, 22:15
She's closing the gap. It was 100+ a few days ago. Now it's only 40.
And her views on Youtube are 3x those of M&M.
xcheer

Jubii yay!!!. I just don't think M&M will have the same succes in Stockholm as Simone will have.

Anthony Tesla
25th January 2016, 05:51
Honestly, this is so a two-horse race, and to be honest... I actually like them, both Simone and Muri & Mario.

Now, I do think Simone has more potential, I can see her been better received at the contest and even being a favorite to win. Muri & Mario... they seem more unpredictible: they sound modern, current, catchy, but I don't now if they could work at the stage.

But in any case, if they end up picking any of those two, I'll be happy.

Schlagerman1
25th January 2016, 09:59
well since the Anja Nissen scandal is yet to be decided and I already got tired of it (like every other song made by Emmelie De Forest, an expert of making songs that you get tired of), I guess I have to join team Simone here. At least it is a song that I find okay now, comparing to the rest. So yeah, Go Simone! :)

NikkiBoy
25th January 2016, 12:00
Now it is more important than ever we send the right song.
Both semifinals are tough, but our semifinal is so exiting too!

I REALLY hope ::dk Denmark choose her on 13th February!

ESCPOLAND
25th January 2016, 13:12
YEAH! #TeamSimone #TeamHeartShapedHole <3

Karhu
25th January 2016, 17:24
Muri & Mario's song actually sounds modern and has an interesting melody and a good production, so I support them ^^ I also think Sophia Nohr's song is very nice.

Simone might be the best choice for ESC, I guess, but I find the song awful.

Magizian
26th January 2016, 12:52
DR has allowed "Never Alone" to compete in this year's Melodi Grand Prix. A fair decision imo.

http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/nyheder/pyha-emmelies-sang-maa-gerne-vaere-med-i-aarets-melodi-grand-prix

cassio
26th January 2016, 13:58
Muri & Marios song is classical danish signature (or designer-) pop. Which has been part of the danish music stage since the 80's with artists such as Tøsedrengene, Dodo and the dodo's + Laid Back..... The signature part serves at something witch the listener can recognize and therefore it is repeated several times (like the flute part in Emilie de Forest winner song)

However danes who like pop songs witch sounds more unfamiliar (or "new") will properly vote for Simone. I think the structure in Simones song is a big mess. It doesn't end anywhere near where it started ..... in a another way people could say I like the beginning, but hate the end or vice versa!!! Simones song sounds more like euro-pop where Muri & Mario sounds more like traditional danish pop.

I think it will be a close run.....

susanhm
27th January 2016, 20:21
Well we lost in Handball. Let us hope we do better in Eurovision ;)

aef
27th January 2016, 20:42
I'm definitely #team Muri & Mario! xlove They have such a modern, decent, interesting song! x12s I really don't need that Emmelie-Sia mashup... I mean it's good but it's nothing new!

susanhm
27th January 2016, 20:54
I'm definitely #team Muri & Mario! xlove They have such a modern, decent, interesting song! x12s I really don't need that Emmelie-Sia mashup... I mean it's good but it's nothing new!

What is it there are so special with Muri and Mario. I really do not get it. Is it the language? Since it is the only Dansih song? I think it is very 80´ish. Not the worst entry we have this year, but not the best.

aef
27th January 2016, 21:13
Well it's the whole package that l like so much. The song is awesome, vocals are great (but of course I don't know how it will be when it comes to performing live) and I also like the Scandinavian languages (except Finish)...

susanhm
27th January 2016, 21:30
Well it's the whole package that l like so much. The song is awesome, vocals are great (but of course I don't know how it will be when it comes to performing live) and I also like the Scandinavian languages (except Finish)...

But don´t you think Simone or Anja will have greater succes in the Eurovision?

aef
27th January 2016, 21:39
Well maybe - but my personal choice would definitely be Muri & Mario! And it would be great if Eurovision gets a modern non-english song instead of some Sia-alike stuff... But as I said before, Heart Shaped Hole also wouldn't be a bad entry, it's a solid song but just nothing special for me!

susanhm
27th January 2016, 21:59
Well maybe - but my personal choice would definitely be Muri & Mario! And it would be great if Eurovision gets a modern non-english song instead of some Sia-alike stuff... But as I said before, Heart Shaped Hole also wouldn't be a bad entry, it's a solid song but just nothing special for me!

Whatever it ends with, it is going to be a exciting DMGP. I think we have some great songs competing this year.

susanhm
28th January 2016, 18:19
Yay Simone is only 10 votes behind now.

'

ESCPOLAND
28th January 2016, 22:19
59 now :(

90 now! 31 in 3 minutes? LOL this is a fake poll :/

Franco
28th January 2016, 22:53
140 now and it's still growing.
I may believe that M&M have many fans, but not that they've all decided to vote within the same hour. It's so fake that it's fun. :lol:

Franco
28th January 2016, 23:06
Muri and Mario raiding internet cafes in Copenhagen. :mrgreen:

DanielLuis
28th January 2016, 23:10
140 now and it's still growing.
I may believe that M&M have many fans, but not that they've all decided to vote within the same hour. It's so fake that it's fun. :lol:

When it comes to polls in reality-shows and even in our NF in Portugal, the fans of the contestants organize to vote together in mass in these things. That's probably what is happening.

Franco
28th January 2016, 23:42
When it comes to polls in reality-shows and even in our NF in Portugal, the fans of the contestants organize to vote together in mass in these things. That's probably what is happening.

Maybe. xthink

Romeo
29th January 2016, 00:23
my favourite changes every day. I love most of these songs.. Today my favourite is "Who needs a heart"

AuroraBorealis
29th January 2016, 00:44
I personally really like "Lighthouse X - Soldiers of Love" and "Simone - Heart Shaped Hole". Either would be a great addition to Stockholm :D

cassio
31st January 2016, 21:04
Muri and Mario raiding internet cafes in Copenhagen. :mrgreen:

No!! thats me I'm Hacking DRs webpages...... M&M's for victory !!! :mrgreen:

Franco
1st February 2016, 06:03
No!! thats me I'm Hacking DRs webpages

That would make me equally relieved, as long as it doesn't reflect their true chances at winning the DMGP. :p

Franco
1st February 2016, 12:25
Running order revealed:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dr.dk%2Fevent%2Fmelodigrandprix %2Fnyheder%2Fher-er-startraekkefoelgen-til-melodi-grand-prix

1 David Jay, 'Rays of Sunlight'
2 Simone, 'Heart Shaped Hole'
3 Bracelet, 'Breakaway'
4 Sophia Nohr, 'Blue Horizon'
5 Veronicas Illusion, 'The Wrong Kind'
6 Lighthouse X, 'Soldiers of Love'
7 Kristel Lisberg, 'Who Needs a Heart'
8 Jessica, 'Break It Good'
9 Muri & Mario, 'To stjerner'
10 Anja Nissen, 'Never Alone'

Simone as the 2nd. :(
Anja Nissen last. They're really trying to push her to Stockholm.

ESCPOLAND
1st February 2016, 13:10
It doesn't matter ;) If song is strong and Simone's live will be great so she can win :)

I believe in Simone <3

ESCPOLAND
2nd February 2016, 17:15
http://i65.tinypic.com/ezoqhi.jpg

susanhm
2nd February 2016, 17:46
Yay Simone is in the lead.

theCONWEL
2nd February 2016, 18:57
Anja up last xfaintxfaint

I so so so hope she wins xpray

Franco
8th February 2016, 21:32
I was wondering how will Simone dress for her performance on saturday night.
Now we have a hint that it will probably be diamond-themed.
https://www.facebook.com/733702566691804/videos/1042568519138539/

It must have been inspired by her own album cover:
http://i.imgur.com/RvXg3hw.jpg?1

cassio
10th February 2016, 18:21
DR's voting is back on the frontpage and at no surprise: its the teenager darlings M&Ms in the lead xhmmmxhmmmxhmmmxhmmm con grats girls!!!

Well while the young girls in Denmark are in extasy over the two young and good looking boys the "bit" older audience can with a shaped hole look at the second in lead Simone........

only 3 days left:

1. Muri & Mario 5661 votes
2. Simone 5425 votes
3. Lighthouse X 3008 votes
4. Kristel 2492 votes
5. Anja 1322 votes

susanhm
10th February 2016, 21:17
http://www.dr.dk/event/melodigrandprix/billedserier/billeder-faa-det-foerste-glimt-af-aarets-grand-prix-scene

Pictures of this years DMGP stage.

Pawhlen
10th February 2016, 21:38
So does ::dk have a new "Emmelie de Forest" this time or will the trend from 2000 and 2013 come to an end?

Kairit
11th February 2016, 13:03
I still haven't listened to these songs much at all, because I find this selection to just be bland, there's definetly not a stand-out song with substance. If I had to pick between Anja and Simone, I'd probably pick Simone in a heartbeat, but I feel like "Heart Shaped Hole" is a song 5 years in the past already and I don't think it'd achieve much at Eurovision at this point, I definetly don't feel inspired from it. However, Jessica's and Sophia Nohr's songs are the most memorable to me, probably also Muri & Mario.

ESCPOLAND
11th February 2016, 14:09
SIMONE must win!!! <3

Pawhlen
11th February 2016, 14:43
I still haven't listened to these songs much at all, because I find this selection to just be bland, there's definetly not a stand-out song with substance. If I had to pick between Anja and Simone, I'd probably pick Simone in a heartbeat, but I feel like "Heart Shaped Hole" is a song 5 years in the past already and I don't think it'd achieve much at Eurovision at this point, I definetly don't feel inspired from it. However, Jessica's and Sophia Nohr's songs are the most memorable to me, probably also Muri & Mario.
Simone or Muri & Mario can make ::dk qualify for the final, but there, a placement 10-14th Place is very likely

Franco
11th February 2016, 15:14
sucof
Why are you spamming all the threads with that video? xhmm

Franco
12th February 2016, 14:40
One of the jurors of the NF has been fired by DR for expressing his preferences for Simone's song.
DR firing juror before Grand Prix: Was a little too fond of Simone Egeriis (http://www.bt.dk/musik/dr-fyrer-jurymedlem-inden-grand-prix-var-lidt-for-glad-for-simone-egeriis?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

It'a pity! :(
First the unfavourable running order, now they start removing the jurors who like her...

Franco
12th February 2016, 14:53
Everything seems so stacked against her! T()

Never alone has already been performed in public in 2014? "It's ok, let it pass."
One of the jurors likes HSH? "No, we can't have that. Off he goes!"

GianlucaTomoe
12th February 2016, 15:17
They're not pushing Anja, they're pushing Muri & Mario... but it won't work, because their song is a sure non-qualifier at ESC.

susanhm
12th February 2016, 17:57
I just hope Simone convinces the rest of Denmark that she is the winner of DMGP. She has a really good song and a beautiful voice.

AshleyWright
12th February 2016, 18:43
imo it was right to fire him. xshrug hes going to be on the jury that selects the song, he can't be seen to having favourites before the show has even started. It would look like hes trying to sway people to vote for Simone - even if he didn't intend it. In the show he can be free to air his opinion on the songs as that's what he is there for, but before? no.

susanhm
13th February 2016, 00:21
https://www.instagram.com/wiwibloggs/

Here you can watch small videos of DMGP rehearsals.

Franco
13th February 2016, 00:32
http://i.imgur.com/Rcn9tbR.jpg
I don't think that the heart shaped cobweb was the best idea for the staging. :?
Her voice seems great, though. xlisten2

susanhm
13th February 2016, 00:37
I don't think that the heart shaped cobweb was the best idea for the staging. :?
Her voice seems great, though. xlisten2

Yeah, it´s a bit too sweet for me. I imagened something strong and maybe black, red and white

Franco
13th February 2016, 00:39
I imagened something strong and maybe black, red and white

Exactly.

susanhm
13th February 2016, 00:41
Exactly.

If she wins, maybe she will change it, but not likely

Franco
13th February 2016, 00:49
If she wins, maybe she will change it, but not likely

I still want her to win. Best song, regardless of the staging. xlove

Romeo
13th February 2016, 01:22
From the country who gave us King Brinck, King Simon Mathew, Queen Emmelie of the forest, The legend who should have won but those idiots won, Anne Gadegaard, etc.... I think you can pick another winner tomorrow!

Matt
13th February 2016, 07:33
I finally had a chance to listen to the ten songs in its entirety and boy, another weak line-up, at least according to my taste. There isn't truly anything that genuinely excites me. That being said, I took a stab at coming up with a ranking so there it goes.

Sophia Nohr
Blue Horizon

Simone
Heart Shaped Hole

Jessica
Break It Good

Veronicas Illusion
The Wrong Kind

Jay David
Rays of Sunlight

Kristel Lisberg
Who needs a heart

Anna Nissen
Never Alone

Bracelet
Breakaway

Muri & Mario
To Stjerner

Lighthouse X
Soldiers of Love

I don't think anybody has Sophia Nohr at their top but it's the only passable song for me. Simone's song is my Runner-Up but I can't say I'm in love with it. So I'll be rooting for Sophia but know it's not going to happen.

Sammy
13th February 2016, 08:41
As someone who really likes to hear songs in the language of the country I should go for Muri & Mario, but the song just doesn't do anything for me....
After a second and a third round of listening to all the entries, I still have no clear favorite. There are a bunch of songs that are nice to listen to, but no one that really made me say "wow" - this is it.

EscGeek
13th February 2016, 10:07
last year,i correctly predicted ASM to win....this year i predict Anja Nissen. Her song is soooo... danish:lol:

sokyratis555
13th February 2016, 10:32
Hey guys, greetings here from Melbourne Australia.

I am really desperate to watch the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix this year. Unfortunately, I work Sunday mornings when it is on. Every year, I go to watch it, and the result is ruined going onto the website to watch the live link. Can anyone suggest a link that is ready made to link right to the video stream itself? Id be so grateful if anyone could PM me or email me sokratis.lakrindis@gmail.com

I can't promise much here, but considering we can vote in the Semi and Final, I'd promise to vote for your favourite song come Eurovision :D

Mrm
13th February 2016, 13:28
This is the weakest Dansk MGP EVER!!!! :( xcry

I dislike everything! xcry :(

It's so weak and horrific...

I think I want Muri & Mario “To Stjerner” to win.. xshrug

cassio
13th February 2016, 14:02
Yep I also think its another weak final in Denmark this year too...

Not one song stands out as something catchy after one listen, the closest are Muri and Mario, I wonder what the translated lyrics would be like if the win...
I think Annas song is a bit boring and Simones the most intelligent but the less accessable it is not a easy listen song at all.

I havn't decided yet who im going to vote for I want to se the live show first

Franco
13th February 2016, 14:38
Weak final? :confused:
I'm more nervous for DMGP's outcome than for Sanremo's. http://i.imgur.com/loOLwka.gif