PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine UKRAINE 2016 - Jamala - 1944

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

escYOUnited
2nd May 2015, 20:36
http://s27.postimg.org/8nf66afhf/UKRAINE.png

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/4a/fd/39/d4/0e/cd/35/2d/50/58/4e/09/ad/87/15/70/jamala_1.jpg

::ua Jamala "1944" ::ua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxS6eKEOdLQ

Sabiondo
2nd May 2015, 22:04
I doubt that with their currently state war at East Ukraine region, they won't be back soon :( . Hopefully they can find money for pay free their EBU debts and be able for participate.

EscGeek
2nd May 2015, 22:30
believe me,a million voices in ukraine pray that mamo russia lets them go.They are lost and forgotten but if only russia chose to bury their guns,a light can shine on them again.And when nobody hurt(s) no one,ukraine will start sending number 1 songs and we'll have a party for everybody :geek:

Franco
3rd May 2015, 09:29
Miss them the most. I hope that they will be back in 2016.

WhoKnows
22nd May 2015, 16:47
I wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine sits out next year too. :(

Gera11
23rd May 2015, 01:10
There are like 10% chances to see them back. 0% if Russia wins.

DanielLuis
23rd May 2015, 01:25
They're broadcasting the full show this year. Hopefully they'll be able to be back next year xpray
Easily one of the best Eurovision countries in the recent years!

GRE
23rd May 2015, 21:29
The ukranian broadcaster confirmed that Ukraine will be back next year ;)

Gera11
23rd May 2015, 21:30
There are like 10% chances to see them back. 0% if Russia wins.

Whoa, they did a ::cz :o Welcome back, ::ua xcheer

Sabiondo
23rd May 2015, 22:02
So, its Kazaky, Masha Sobko or The Hardkiss for Eurovision 2016 :D

Gera11
23rd May 2015, 22:03
The Hardkiss xheat xheat

grazy2266
24th May 2015, 01:53
I'm glad Ukraine plan to come back in 2016 :)

NikkiBoy
24th May 2015, 02:25

OH YES!!!
I'm so glad they're back - one of my favorites and their struggles with economic and politics, so great to see them join Eurovision again in 2016!
Welcome back, dear friends in Ukraine! 8-)

BarefootBoogaloo
25th May 2015, 06:53
They should send the Superblondika herself, Olya Polyakova!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1TKf2r2pWU

GRE
25th May 2015, 11:40
Jamala.

Franco
25th May 2015, 18:30

xyes

arlekino
28th May 2015, 16:09
Jamala.

Jamala is not ESC material. She would flop as Gaitana did in 2012.

GRE
28th May 2015, 16:12

Τhis thing abour "Esc material" does not exist.
History has proven it.

WhoKnows
28th May 2015, 19:17

Why do you think that? She just needs the right kind of song Imo.

DanielLuis
28th May 2015, 19:51

I think a song like "Smile" could do very well in Eurovision

Sean
28th May 2015, 20:23
Max Barskih? Quest Pistols?

A-lister
28th May 2015, 21:34
I think a song like "Smile" could do very well in Eurovision

One of her worst songs...

ILLARIA better go to ESC !!!

WhoKnows
28th May 2015, 21:38
ILLARIA better go to ESC !!!

I'm afraid she never will because she doesn't have the right people behind her.

A-lister
28th May 2015, 21:50
I'm afraid she never will because she doesn't have the right people behind her.

Well, I know that corruption and stuff unfortunately rules pretty much all aspects of life in Ukraine (including ESC obviously), but still in most cases Ukraine picked the "right" and strongest choices regardless (bar some years), so it all played out well in the end. This will also be the first post-Revolution entry chosen by a broadcaster that is no longer in the hands of that regime, so I think they want something fresh and more representative than some acts that are connected to producers that had ties with the former regime.... so they would have to look for new names since many big acts are having history of bad connections and the Ukrainian rock acts will probably never say yes to ESC... Illaria could be an option... we'll see.

Interestingly pretty much all acts I wanted for Ukraine have entered... now the only ones left are Lama, Via Gra, Illaria, Okean Elzy, Potap & Nastya, Iryna Fedyshyn... still quite some list of course.

Zlata Ognevich could make a comeback with a ballad like "Za lizamy horamy"...

hunty73
7th June 2015, 13:18
Well, I know that corruption and stuff unfortunately rules pretty much all aspects of life in Ukraine (including ESC obviously), but still in most cases Ukraine picked the "right" and strongest choices regardless (bar some years), so it all played out well in the end. This will also be the first post-Revolution entry chosen by a broadcaster that is no longer in the hands of that regime, so I think they want something fresh and more representative than some acts that are connected to producers that had ties with the former regime.... so they would have to look for new names since many big acts are having history of bad connections and the Ukrainian rock acts will probably never say yes to ESC... Illaria could be an option... we'll see.

Interestingly pretty much all acts I wanted for Ukraine have entered... now the only ones left are Lama, Via Gra, Illaria, Okean Elzy, Potap & Nastya, Iryna Fedyshyn... still quite some list of course.

Zlata Ognevich could make a comeback with a ballad like "Za lizamy horamy"...

I agree A-lister.I think ILLARIA has a very good chance this time.Remember she was involved with the junior ESC with Ukraine.She is now very well connected with the people who call the shots.She is one of my favourite artists in the world though so i am biased towards her.She seems able to make ethnic folk super contemporary.

Haverdge
7th June 2015, 13:22
The male:female representative discrepency from Ukraine is very high, now that I think about it. :o

Mrm
7th June 2015, 13:56
Gaitana has superb vocal, I want her comeback if Ukraine comes back..with a bit better song, I liked her ESC entry, but smth a bit more quality would be great..I also loved Alyosha's ESC entry - "Sweet people"! :)

And 2005 "Razom nas bahato".. xlove :)

Others were pretty much with low quality.. :(

Preuss
7th June 2015, 15:46
ESC need Ukraine! I miss them so much. One of my ESC fav countries!

Sammy
12th June 2015, 11:13
I fear that without a significant improvement of the political situation (which at the moment is not in sight), we will not see Ukraine next year.

joancamo
13th June 2015, 03:49
I don't think Ukraine will come back its situation with Russia is getting worse :S

LesterMalvo
13th June 2015, 04:21
I feel like Ukraine will be back. I don't fit withdrawing to Ukraine anyways. Ukraine is meant to be in this contest.

Sabiondo
6th July 2015, 04:41
If ::ua does not withdraw again for the next year, hopefully they could able to give a second chance to Max Barskih again xlovexrose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uyHzH6Z_A

EDC0708
10th July 2015, 13:40
Ukraine has now confirmed they are taking part in JESC, so will hopefully be back in ESC next year!

Sabiondo
15th September 2015, 19:23
Its official: Ukraine will return to Eurovision 2015 :D Davai!! ))))

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/290305.html

Sean
15th September 2015, 19:25
Did nobody here realise Ukraine confirmed on the day of the 2015 final?

Sabiondo
15th September 2015, 19:41
Did nobody here realise Ukraine confirmed on the day of the 2015 final?

No, today was that they officially confirm their participation for the next year :)

blue00eyes
15th September 2015, 19:56
I like all of the Ukrainian entries, I'm happy they are officially in. xcheer

Now it's time for a male artist, we've had enough female artists from Ukraine in the past few years (7 in a row? xshock1)

A-lister
16th September 2015, 22:39
Now it's time for a male artist, we've had enough female artists from Ukraine in the past few years (7 in a row? xshock1)

I practically say this every year :lol: : They really have NO good male acts that would be interested in ESC, it's sad but true. On the other hand alot of great and popular female acts have been and are interested in the contest so naturally they were the best picks.

The more or less good Ukrainian male acts are mostly rock bands like Okean Elzy, Druha Rika, Antytila, Tartak, Vopli Vidopliassova and Mad Heads XL (to name some) and I'm pretty sure none of them have any interest in Eurovision unfortunately...

The only good male act I could think of interested in ESC would be Maks Barskih, but with the current juries who more or less only care about vocal delivery and not about songs, there might be an issue because he is not particularly a very strong live singer.

GWTW1939
17th September 2015, 01:21
I practically say this every year :lol: : They really have NO good male acts that would be interested in ESC, it's sad but true. On the other hand alot of great and popular female acts have been and are interested in the contest so naturally they were the best picks.

The more or less good Ukrainian male acts are mostly rock bands like Okean Elzy, Druha Rika, Antytila, Tartak, Vopli Vidopliassova and Mad Heads XL (to name some) and I'm pretty sure none of them have any interest in Eurovision unfortunately...

The only good male act I could think of interested in ESC would be Maks Barskih, but with the current juries who more or less only care about vocal delivery and not about songs, there might be an issue because he is not particularly a very strong live singer.

If this were true there are multiple countries that would have beaten Sweden this year. Italy, Russia and Latvia to name a few and you could probably argue Australia too. Mans is a very solid singer but hardly anything to write home about when you looked at some of the other competitors.

Depends on what country you come from and if they like you they will change the criteria to fit so they can place you high. They gave it to Sweden this year because they wanted to and used it was a "potential" chart hit (remember when they briefly let it slip on the official web page and then removed it) to explain themselves but next year they could do the opposite. They are never consistent.

Sammy
17th September 2015, 08:36
Its official: Ukraine will return to Eurovision 2015 :D Davai!! ))))

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/290305.html

Great news! I hope to see a male singer this year from Ukraine!

greece
17th September 2015, 13:14
Yes!!! Welcome back Ukraine xlove

WhoKnows
17th September 2015, 15:10

I think he would be perfect.
https://youtu.be/zOB5XtpjvNk

Then there's Ivan Dorn. Also Max, as you mentioned. Monatik wrote the best song of Loboda's career, but I haven't been impressed with his own output. The Maneken have some nice tracks but I'm not sure they're "mainstream" enough. Vremia i Steklo is a MF duo. Are Dantes and Oleynik still performing together? I generally agree with you but there are now a number of younger male singers with a lot of potential.

A-lister
18th September 2015, 00:28
I think he would be perfect.
https://youtu.be/zOB5XtpjvNk

Then there's Ivan Dorn. Also Max, as you mentioned. Monatik wrote the best song of Loboda's career, but I haven't been impressed with his own output. The Maneken have some nice tracks but I'm not sure they're "mainstream" enough. Vremia i Steklo is a MF duo. Are Dantes and Oleynik still performing together? I generally agree with you but there are now a number of younger male singers with a lot of potential.

That song is a nice cover, but I saw his live singing and it was awful to say the least and again with how juries are functioning in ESC they would punish an entry (regardless of how great the song would be) if the live singing isn't cliché Disney or conventionally stable (but boring) in general.

Yes, there's duos of course consisting of men like Potap & Nastya and Vremia & Steklo, I was referring to solo male acts.

The others you mentioned I dunno who they are.

hunty73
18th September 2015, 11:39
That song is a nice cover, but I saw his live singing and it was awful to say the least and again with how juries are functioning in ESC they would punish an entry (regardless of how great the song would be) if the live singing isn't cliché Disney or conventionally stable (but boring) in general.

Yes, there's duos of course consisting of men like Potap & Nastya and Vremia & Steklo, I was referring to solo male acts.

The others you mentioned I dunno who they are.

You know who it should be (hopefully),ILLARIA with an ethnic masterpiece ;)

vavera4ka
19th September 2015, 18:56

Hadn't thought of them. They actually would be a great act for Eurovision.

WhoKnows
19th September 2015, 22:44
Hadn't thought of them. They actually would be a great act for Eurovision.

Has rap ever done well at ESC? Besides, Potap only raps in Russian (as far as I know) and there is no way Ukraine sends anything in Russian any time soon.

vavera4ka
20th September 2015, 08:27
Has rap ever done well at ESC? Besides, Potap only raps in Russian (as far as I know) and there is no way Ukraine sends anything in Russian any time soon.
there's first time for everything :lol:

and as for the rap in general, I feel like Ukraine has A LOT of regular fans in Eurovision community, who missed them last year. They have enough of an image of a country that sends great stuff, and they are politically sympathetic. If there's a time to take a risk, might as well be now. And Nastya is an amazing singer and a gorgeous woman. It's not like it's gonna be straight up rap number. You can elevate rap to so many different levels. I mean I'm not that into it, but what Rapsody did in the 90s with Prince Igor was fabulous.

ZoboCamel
21st September 2015, 07:37
I agree with the 'first time for everything' sentiment - I don't think it's impossible for rap to do well at Eurovision. It certainly faces a few more barriers, and I'm not sure we'll see a rap song winning any time soon, but high places should be entirely possible. Poland 2014, while not rap, managed to be one of the first highly-placing hip-hop songs in the contest, and the genres are at least similar. On top of that, Belgium and Latvia's respectable finishes this year do seem to be a sign that Eurovision is gradually opening up to less conventional sounds.

Another reason behind the lackluster results of rap at the contest is, I think, that we just haven't had many good ones. As much as I enjoyed Montenegro's Igranka in 2013, it didn't exactly have mass appeal, and the staging was certainly unusual. Apart from that, what rap songs have even had a chance to be performed at the contest in recent years? Woki Mit Deim Popo, perhaps? The point is, I think we'd naturally start getting higher scores from rap songs if we got more of them, and better ones.

EDC0708
29th September 2015, 17:21
I agree with the 'first time for everything' sentiment - I don't think it's impossible for rap to do well at Eurovision. It certainly faces a few more barriers, and I'm not sure we'll see a rap song winning any time soon, but high places should be entirely possible. Poland 2014, while not rap, managed to be one of the first highly-placing hip-hop songs in the contest, and the genres are at least similar. On top of that, Belgium and Latvia's respectable finishes this year do seem to be a sign that Eurovision is gradually opening up to less conventional sounds.

Another reason behind the lackluster results of rap at the contest is, I think, that we just haven't had many good ones. As much as I enjoyed Montenegro's Igranka in 2013, it didn't exactly have mass appeal, and the staging was certainly unusual. Apart from that, what rap songs have even had a chance to be performed at the contest in recent years? Woki Mit Deim Popo, perhaps? The point is, I think we'd naturally start getting higher scores from rap songs if we got more of them, and better ones.

I think under 100% televoting, Igranka would have probably been top 10 in the final, maybe even top 5? We definitely need more rap music in Eurovision.

tuorem
29th September 2015, 18:02
As much as I enjoyed Montenegro's Igranka in 2013, it didn't exactly have mass appeal, and the staging was certainly unusual.

I agree with you it wasn't that accessible considering what we have in Eurovision normally, but the song was outstanding and "Igranka" was 4th in televoting! :)

But juries killed it of course (ranked it 14th out of 16th...), so I think that rap songs can't do well unless they're 1st in televoting because I can't see juries supporting such a genre.

Nikkita
1st October 2015, 22:20
I missed Ukraine so much, so happy for them! I'd like to see Max Barskih, i still listen his song for 2012 Ukrainian MF. Or Verka Serduchka, she's the woman of every era xheart

GRE
2nd October 2015, 09:13
Essami for Ukraine !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdAsg6_Wm0

Sim
3rd October 2015, 17:45
what a voice! :) She sounds very American for being an Ukrainain. Would be something totally different from Ukraine, but a good choice

DanielLuis
3rd October 2015, 20:21
what a voice! :) She sounds very American for being an Ukrainain. Would be something totally different from Ukraine, but a good choice

She is Gaitana :D

Sim
3rd October 2015, 20:30
She is Gaitana :D

Thé Gaitana of 2012? :o

DanielLuis
3rd October 2015, 20:49
Thé Gaitana of 2012? :o

Yeah, she changed her look and her artistic name

Sabiondo
5th October 2015, 20:38
Jamala today has reveal that she still wants competing in Eurovision. She says that it could take part at Ukrainian NF as long if no televoting or online voting were allowed. She would only participate if the winner is selected by a special commission.

http://tsn.ua/glamur/dzhamala-rozpovila-za-yakih-umov-mozhe-poyihati-na-yevrobachennya-506872.html

LesterMalvo
9th October 2015, 01:08
How about the things about Ukraine? Did they confirm participation or are they likely to participate?

DanielLuis
9th October 2015, 01:39
How about the things about Ukraine? Did they confirm participation or are they likely to participate?

NTU officially confirmed participation :)

Schlagerman1
9th October 2015, 12:45
NTU officially confirmed participation :)

Are there a link from NTU or Eurovision.tv that tells it?

PamSwynford
9th October 2015, 13:04
Are there a link from NTU or Eurovision.tv that tells it?

Their chairman said it few weeks ago. And TBH I'm not suprised that eurovision.tv didn't write anything because they are usually late.

AlekS
16th October 2015, 00:40
Open national selection for Ukraine.
NTU bosses are currently in negotiations with a big TV channel. NTU president had a web conference few days ago where he said they'll get more info about this in November.

Jamala said that she agrees with internal selection only. So she's out.

So far we have 2 names who said that they want to take part:

Victoria Petryk (NF 2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK9Xfx1dYnA

and my personal fave Tetyana Reshetnyak (ex-member of Goryachiy Shockolad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA7ML0Bth7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJXvUnxKLc

AshleyWright
16th October 2015, 00:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCwalnjtto

NeAngely please. xheat

AlekS
16th October 2015, 01:06
^ 1 of them is pregnant. Wondering if they're in actually))

Here's the real audio from that performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfY45ZseH2U

AlekS
16th October 2015, 01:13
I suspect that Shurins will take part one more time. This is his new song (3 min. long :rolleyes: ). Sounds like cheap version of Måns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQcOFCe7KI8

AlekS
17th October 2015, 23:47
I'd like to see Max Barskih
I've just watched his interview and he's not interested. In his opinion Eurovision gives nothing to performers & it's just a waste of money.
In other words he doesn't want his NF floppage last forever :lol:

The Hardkiss
Yulya said they have no money for ESC but they would LOVE to represent Ukraine one day.

They released the new single few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMH-EHscb8

WhoKnows
18th October 2015, 00:35
Open national selection for Ukraine.
NTU bosses are currently in negotiations with a big TV channel. NTU president had a web conference few days ago where he said they'll get more info about this in November.

Jamala said that she agrees with internal selection only. So she's out.

So far we have 2 names who said that they want to take part:

Victoria Petryk (NF 2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK9Xfx1dYnA

and my personal fave Tetyana Reshetnyak (ex-member of Goryachiy Shockolad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA7ML0Bth7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJXvUnxKLc

I cannot stand judges mugging it up for the cameras on these talent shows. I literally can't watch any of it because they make it uncomfortable for me. Blegh.

Ritararita
18th October 2015, 14:27
Yulya said they have no money for ESC but they would LOVE to represent Ukraine one day.

Must they bribe the broadcaster to get a chance, or what?

Nikkita
18th October 2015, 18:05
I've just watched his interview and he's not interested. In his opinion Eurovision gives nothing to performers & it's just a waste of money.
In other words he doesn't want his NF floppage last forever :lol:

Pffff he needs to shut up, swallow his pride and come back. He is so hot and cool.

Verjamem
18th October 2015, 19:49
Must they bribe the broadcaster to get a chance, or what?
Don't forget about preparing a ESC performance ;) Buying some things, hiring people.

lowyby
18th October 2015, 20:44
Don't forget about preparing a ESC performance ;) Buying some things, hiring people.

Things which indeed, are for the artists in Ukraine
I remember that Svetlana Loboda took a mortgage on her house in 2009 in order to pay her performance :P
That was what our commentators told though

Ritararita
18th October 2015, 22:16
Verjamem lowyby Call me old-fashioned, but I believe it should be the broadcaster who pays for all the things mentioned, definitely not the performer. So, I really, really hope you are joking.

Sammy
18th October 2015, 22:21
I remember that Svetlana Loboda took a mortgage on her house in 2009 in order to pay her performance :P

As far as I'm concerned, she could have saved the money! She was one of the most annoying ukrainian acts I can remember.

Verjamem
18th October 2015, 23:00
Verjamem lowyby Call me old-fashioned, but I believe it should be the broadcaster who pays for all the things mentioned, definitely not the performer. So, I really, really hope you are joking.
Of course, broadcaster usually pays for basic things like travel and accommodation, but I don't think there is a need to pay for everything. Some of them can't afford it or just don't want (tbh I understand it in some cases).

lowyby
18th October 2015, 23:47

I'm not joking, as pity as it seems it's just the truth in some countries.
Countries such as Germany and Sweden would pay everything for sure, but poor countries such as Moldova just can't pay it.
The other thing they said in 2009 on Flemish TV was that Ukrainian TV would pay her expenses back if she did top 10 :P
Which she didn't hahaha :P

Ritararita
19th October 2015, 00:07
Well, I understand that there must be some limitations, but I would assume it works like this: The broadcaster says: "This is our budget, please don´t exceed it." and the perfomer says "OK then, I will try." Simple, isn´t it? But if the artists are really blackmailed to put their own money in this unpredictable lottery called Eurovision in order to buy themselves a chance to represent their country, then it is really sad. It reminds me of one situation from a film What´s New, Pussycat?, where Woody Allen´s character says that he once worked in a Paris strip-club, helping the girls dress and undress for only 20 francs a week, because he "couldn´t afford to pay them more".

AlekS
19th October 2015, 00:21
We have the state-funded broadcaster. Even if they had money NTU has no right to fund commercial companies/people who work on our entries. These expenses vary each year and they can't be included in the state budget to fund somebody else's profit at state expense. Nobody's gonna wait for police/prosecutors to imprison their butts. NTU pays only for broadcast and annual EBU fee.
On the other hand our performers are free to collaborate with any company they want. NTU doesn't define their entry and doesn't oppress their artistic freedom (within Eurovision rules of course).
Next year NTU will become the public broadcaster so I'm wondering how they organize 2017 NF. It seems that production cost will be increased (hallelujah!). No funding of the entry for sure so all future performers invest in themselves.

ps. Really rich commercial channels don't give a shit about joining EBU.

AlekS
19th October 2015, 00:36
Ukrainian TV would pay her expenses back if she did top 10 :P
Which she didn't hahaha :P
I know that NTU didn't like that idea with decorations (obviously) but it wasn't up to them lol.

AlekS
20th October 2015, 17:56
Anastasiya Pryhod'ko (ESC 2009 Russia) said that she wants to represent her home country. It seems she's going to take part in the NF again (she asked her fans in FB).

AlekS
29th October 2015, 21:19
We've got the 1st newcomers who confirmed their intention to take part in the NF. The Pringlez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvcPgS-JnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK9Bud8D-i4

They will start recording the song soon.

tuorem
30th October 2015, 00:10
Anastasiya Pryhod'ko (ESC 2009 Russia) said that she wants to represent her home country. It seems she's going to take part in the NF again (she asked her fans in FB).

That's good news to me, but I'll wait for the song because she was way more convincing with "Mamo" than "Action"... I'd like a power ballad or something slightly rocki-sh and fierce for her voice.

A-lister
30th October 2015, 14:10
That's good news to me, but I'll wait for the song because she was way more convincing with "Mamo" than "Action"... I'd like a power ballad or something slightly rocki-sh and fierce for her voice.

She's definitely in her right element when she is doing that hybrid of folk-pop-rock which fits her vocals perfectly, so yes to something more like "Mamo" and no to something like "Action". The latter seems more like her trying to be someone else.

A-lister
30th October 2015, 14:12
We've got the 1st newcomers who confirmed their intention to take part in the NF. The Pringlez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvcPgS-JnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK9Bud8D-i4

They will start recording the song soon.

She looks good with a potential interesting voice, the original song was so-so, the Shakira cover live performance was painful to see though...

AlekS
30th October 2015, 17:44
It's official. The NF will be broadcast/produced by 2 TV channels :D More info in a week or 2.
NTU is holding negotiations with EBU currently. Wondering if this channel wants to co-broadcast ESC.

PamSwynford
30th October 2015, 18:48
It's official. The NF will be broadcast/produced by 2 TV channels :D More info in a week or 2.
NTU is holding negotiations with EBU currently. Wondering if this channel wants to co-broadcast ESC.

Do you know maybe the source of this?

AlekS
30th October 2015, 18:56
The source is the president of NTU himself. I took part in the online chat for different media 1 hour ago and he said it there))
But the official info from NTU (revealing this channel) is still to come.

I think it's pretty clear that it's between NTU and one of 2 biggest channels in our country (de-facto we have 5 commercial giants who can rent factories/other big spaces for their shows. 2 of them aren't interested in music. It's also not the one who hosts X-Factor). I think I know which one but I'm not going to speculate. Also he didn't reveal anything from the agreement so ...

PamSwynford
30th October 2015, 20:07
Sooooo we have to wait to become official to write it. :D

Sammy
3rd November 2015, 18:15
Bring back Zlata Ognevich! She's by far my all time favorite from Ukraine! Amazing voice, great stage presence, charisma - everything you want to have for a great entry!

Fred
4th November 2015, 00:33
So NF's by two channels.
No Jamala in 2016 :c </3

AlekS
5th November 2015, 19:27
- NTU paid all debts to the EBU xcheer1

- Rumour: I met the 2nd person who hinted that Olya Polyakova (NF 2012) will come back.

- Illaria hinted that she has no money for ESC (she was saying the same thing before she took part in the NF last time :lol:) and that she's working in the studio on the new songs currently ;)

WhoKnows
5th November 2015, 23:13
It'll be really interesting to see how many people still show up to the NF with a song in Russian. I just can't imagine one winning the NF at this point.

Grinch
5th November 2015, 23:58
Any chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQLSObiTEQ

xlove

AlekS
6th November 2015, 00:20
It'll be really interesting to see how many people still show up to the NF with a song in Russian. I just can't imagine one winning the NF at this point.
Btw, a song in Russian tied for the 1st place last time we had a joint NF production. As an option I can see certain channel go suicide pull bilingual Russian-Ukrainian crap about peace, thankfully they're in minority :lol: That's why I'm praying for "1+1". I can see their singers with Ukrainian-English combo.

Any chance?
If NTU is gonna collaborate with 1+1 then yes.

WhoKnows
6th November 2015, 15:32
Mika Newton outright won with a song in Russian. But things have changed since then. Or have they?

AlekS
6th November 2015, 19:02
Mika Newton outright won with a song in Russian. But things have changed since then. Or have they?
No. Only in the semi. She translated her song to English esp for the NF final ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWszo7AnMTY
ps. Also don't forget about manipulation with voting that year (so-called "volunteers" :lol:). Btw because of that NTU changed their attitude starting from 2012 and the next singer who did that (the same producer LOL) was simply banned from the NF.

A-lister
6th November 2015, 19:22
Any chance?

xlove

luv luv luv this song!!!!

WhoKnows
6th November 2015, 22:05
luv luv luv this song!!!!

Have you heard this one? It's a cover of an old folk song.
https://youtu.be/WjnWmFHtGzI

yulichka
11th November 2015, 14:56
Any chance?

xlove

I don't think she will fit in or have enough money to participate, her producer does not like Eurovision that much.

AlekS
11th November 2015, 17:09
I don't think she will fit in or have enough money to participate, her producer does not like Eurovision that much.
Who's her producer, btw?))
Vakarchuk studies in the US and who's looking after her now?
If NTU teams up with 1plus1 I can see her in the NF. As a space filler of course.

yulichka
16th November 2015, 20:23
Who's her producer, btw?))
Vakarchuk studies in the US and who's looking after her now?
If NTU teams up with 1plus1 I can see her in the NF. As a space filler of course.

He is her producer, no? I was more than sure he is. He is not 100% time in the USA.

AlekS
16th November 2015, 20:26
STB channel opened Eurovision subdomain :o It's empty now. Wondering if it's a glitch or...

STB hosts X Factor & Ukraine's Got Talent shows. STB helped Zlata to prepare for her ESC performance and their guys created 3D animation graphics for her original performance which was scrapped by ESC techies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7IB3QoQ-4

ps. I want Sosedov to announce our votes :lol:
Just kidding.

And some big international star as an interval act. Not kidding. After Kylie and Hurts I've got big demands that can be satisfied by Zlata.

http://cs3-4.4pda.to/4837758.gif STB listed Eurovision as their project on their site.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwfapdqq91rd06hno1_400.gif

He is not 100% time in the USA.
And it still sucks not having him around. If he's so influential to her then no ESC for her.

A-lister
16th November 2015, 21:46
Have you heard this one? It's a cover of an old folk song.
https://youtu.be/WjnWmFHtGzI

Yes heard it ;)

AlekS
18th November 2015, 20:43
http://np.pl.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/stbs.gif
eurovision.stb.ua (eurovision.stb.ua/)
http://1tv.com.ua/news/channel/73901

STB channel becomes the official NF co-producer for the next 3 years!

Oh. My. God.

STB funds all National Final entries. NF finalists are going to collaborate with the best choreographers. NF staging is provided by STB as well. STB pays for the broadcast. STB funds our chosen Eurovision representative!

- The NF voting is FREE.

- Preselection lasts from December 5 until December 20.

- Preselection includes auditions in the 6 biggest cities:

December 5 - 6: Zaporizhzhya and Kharkiv
December 12 - 13: Odesa and Lviv
December 19 - 20: Dnypropetrovsk and Kyiv

- Those who can't compete in the auditions can upload their performance: http://eurovision.stb.ua/anketa

More info coming soon.

They say it doesn't matter if the winner is established act or newcomer they will fund the entry in any case. Also NTU/Pershyi saved the sole right to broadcast ESC in May.

Mickey
18th November 2015, 22:16
So no Saturday morning national final?

AlekS
18th November 2015, 22:56
auditions ---> semi(s) ---> the final

the jury: STB & NTU representatives and 1 mysterious (so far) music producer.

Our X Factor usually gets 1 million votes in the final. I hope to see the same amount (it's not X Factor but the voting is free).

So no Saturday morning national final?
eff that with fire))

AlekS
18th November 2015, 23:26
Here are few examples of STB production from this Saturday's X Factor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxeHYC9bXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCjLY7MZsY

Though anything would be better than NTU's barn :)
This season's X Factor competitors won't be able to compete in preselection btw.

AlekS
19th November 2015, 00:29
"This will be a typical STB show with good lighting and staging".
The final is set on February.

In their evening news they also showed Yaremchuk and Ruslana (both performed in Ukrainian). Ruslana said that she wants NF performers to see our culture from the different point of view. Probably hinting at modernized ethno & her fave Tonya Matviyenko.

ZoboCamel
19th November 2015, 06:43
eff that with fire))

But morning NFs are great! I can actually watch them myself at a reasonable time for once! :rolleyes:

Fierro
19th November 2015, 06:51
"This will be a typical STB show with good lighting and staging".
The final is set on February.

In their evening news they also showed Yaremchuk and Ruslana (both performed in Ukrainian). Ruslana said that she wants NF performers to see our culture from the different point of view. Probably hinting at modernized ethno & her fave Tonya Matviyenko.

Please, not Matvienko xfacepalm Ruslana is just obsessed with her, I never forget how she eliminated all good performers in 1st season of The Voice just to push Matvienko to the final.

AlekS
19th November 2015, 15:20
But morning NFs are great! I can actually watch them myself at a reasonable time for once! :rolleyes:
And I spend sleepless nights during Australian Open :rolleyes: 5-6AM on Sunday is not a big deal :mrgreen:

lavieenrose
19th November 2015, 16:19
I just looked up this Matvienko woman y'all are panning. For someone championed by what-the-hell icon Ruslana, she sure is a snooze.

AlekS
19th November 2015, 18:13
Translate it to Ukrainian and invite Kateryna Rybak to the NF!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9j5zrNj98z0/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uitqRFTjYa0
The full song is 3 minutes long.
This is the first song by this composer (Ruslan Kvinta, ESC 2011) that I actually like. Not sure if this can win our NF but it would look awesome with ethno graphics/theme.

A-lister
19th November 2015, 18:57
Please, not Matvienko xfacepalm Ruslana is just obsessed with her, I never forget how she eliminated all good performers in 1st season of The Voice just to push Matvienko to the final.

Matvienko is great, just needs better material, I don't get the dislike xshrug

AlekS
19th November 2015, 20:02
The rules have just been published:

- The jury will select 20-40 performers on castings. The winners will be announced until January 31.

- The semi finals are scheduled on February.

- 3 or 4 legs in the semi. 8-12 performers per each semi.

- 8-12 finalists.

- The semi is televised! The jury and televoters will select the finalists. The jurors will comment right after every performance (a-la X Factor).

- 2 or 3 performers qualify to the final in each semi.

- Performers from/performing on the other NFs are not allowed.

- For the 1st time probably our rules include "the songs can't contain sexual orientation discrimination" line (according to the new law).

- Any language is allowed.

- STB can change staging or improve the song for ESC.

lavieenrose
19th November 2015, 20:17
- For the 1st time probably our rules include "the songs can't contain sexual orientation discrimination" line (according to the new law).

Has this been a problem for Ukrainian NF entries before? :lol:

Sabiondo
19th November 2015, 20:19
Has this been a problem for Ukrainian NF entries before? :lol:

Not, but Ukraine don't want be in the line of Russia's anti-gay propaganda as well! :p

AlekS
19th November 2015, 20:26
Not, but Ukraine don't want be in the line of Russia's anti-gay propaganda as well! :p
This.
+ considering increase of homophobic hysteria from our neighbours and that performers from other countries are allowed too.
Not to mention provoking from certain media.

Fierro
20th November 2015, 14:29
This.
+ considering increase of homophobic hysteria from our neighbours and that performers from other countries are allowed too.
Not to mention provoking from certain media.

Ukraine is very homophobic, so i don't see the difference.

AlekS
20th November 2015, 16:40
Ukraine is very homophobic, so i don't see the difference.
Not less homophobic than Poland but definitely less than Russia :geek:
Or do we have such laws that oppress gays? Do we have criminal gangs that hunt for/murder gays? Do we have Timati or other homophobic piece of crap that promotes discrimination on TV? Do our courts judge people because of sexual orientation? Do we kick out of the country international journalists that support LGBT? Do we have homophobic demonstrations every month? Do our TV hosts say "we should tear out their hearts and burn them" on the national channels?

What do I expect? Probably some provocation from Lie Life News or RTR/ORT. They have already tried to provoke our journalists on this year's ESC. I doubt things will change when we come back next year.

AlekS
20th November 2015, 17:38
Meanwhile Anastasiya Pryhod'ko will go on mini-tour to Baltic states in December. Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn. She's touring Ukraine now. Wondering if she's already got the song because if not she won't make it until December 20.

The only thing I dislike about this NF is that NTU could have announced everything 1 month ago. I know that it took them at least 3 weeks to negotiate with STB. It's been 5 months until then since May when our come back was announced for the 1st time :|
Just 2 weeks left until the 1st auditions.

Fierro
20th November 2015, 18:07
Btw Prikhodko will give concert in Severodonetsk on 24th November. I gonna visit (i study here), it seems entrance is free.

AlekS
22nd November 2015, 17:19
It seems Pryhod'ko has already recorded the vocals for the song. It's in Ukrainian (or bilingual) judging by the title.

Matt
23rd November 2015, 00:31
Seeing an active Ukrainian thread is warming my heart. So glad they're back.

ZoboCamel
23rd November 2015, 01:55
Seeing an active Ukrainian thread is warming my heart. So glad they're back.

Yup - they've got to be one of my top 5 Eurovision countries, and I was sad to see them gone for 2015. Fully expecting them to be back in swing for next year, once again choosing a turd in their NF and polishing it to be a great entry by the time Eurovision rolls around :rolleyes:

Nicky
23rd November 2015, 15:34
Why not form a supergroup with 6 beautiful ladies with strong and beautiful voices like Ani Lorak, Gaitana, Mika Newton, Ruslana, Tina Karol and Zlata Ognevich? Success guaranteed! :D

ChernyVolk
23rd November 2015, 21:08
National Casting
5/6- 12: Karkiv

12/13 - 12: Odessa

19/20 - 12: Dnipro and Kiev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZpG0m3exTc

blue00eyes
23rd November 2015, 22:34
Why not form a supergroup with 6 beautiful ladies with strong and beautiful voices like Ani Lorak, Gaitana, Mika Newton, Ruslana, Tina Karol and Zlata Ognevich? Success guaranteed! :D
Bad idea, it would be a total mess on the stage just like Armenia 2015 xcrazy

BTW read Tina Karol from the back, lol :o

vavera4ka
23rd November 2015, 23:21
because it will be like what Russia did with their hockey team for Olympics in Sochi: bunch of superstars who are used to being "the guy" and not "supporting cast".
6 divas singing 3 minutes song, each probably wanting to stand out, preferably with a solo? not a good recipe for success.

Nikoreindeer1973
24th November 2015, 10:16
https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2952401-2-20130826075517!291431-pink-and-purple-pinkie-pie-party-canon.gif

AlekS
24th November 2015, 21:49
STB has just created an empty page for castings in the video section of their general site. Wondering if it's gonna be broadcast online or they plan to upload some videos.

lavieenrose
24th November 2015, 23:16

They'll find so many ways of fooling their hearts. Playing too many games - trying to hide.

AlekS
25th November 2015, 23:05
Aida Nikolaychuk is going to try again. No info about the song.
Uptempo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFqQ-2C8Npc

Ballad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcTtX2LLPA
I'd like her to record a ballad.

Yoozek
27th November 2015, 00:01
Aida Nikolaychuk is going to try again. No info about the song.
I'd like her to record a ballad.

Daaaamn, I so wish she would win with some folk thing like Illaria's I'm Alive back from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Gei1t-J9w

AlekS
27th November 2015, 03:06
^ Illaria said that she would participated if she had money. Now when STB channel pays for everything + she's in the studio... :)
imo, having a little baby is not a problem (judging from Georgia 2008 experience).

The same is for NeAngely.

*sigh* I wish The Hardkiss could take part. But they will probabbly skip it because of the same reasons http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/family-smileys/baby_smiley3.gif

WhoKnows
27th November 2015, 04:56
Aida Nikolaichuk has the voice and the looks but her music has been absolutely dreadful. Can someone write the poor girl a decent song?

Fierro
27th November 2015, 09:58
I wish no X-Factor stars to win selection. That would be awful and predictable since STB shows X-Factor.

Sammy
27th November 2015, 10:35
It's time again for a male reprensentative for ukraine. But of course that's not the decisive issue ;)

AlekS
27th November 2015, 15:24
November 26. M1 Music Awards in the Sports Palace.

http://i.imgur.com/bkZhsPR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MXokQwq.jpg

Our sh-tty M1 channel showed how Ukrainian competitor of MF could look like. Staging of all performances was awesome. Some ideas were borrowed from the recent Beyonce performance/tour and Madonna's Rebel Heart tour but it was a visual orgasm.
From what I know NTU/STB had such idea to move our NF to the Sports Palace in the near future (but not this year most def).

Also there are rumours that the art director from the show ^ above will be involved in the NF or in preparations for ESC.
I agree with these rumours basing on my own info. Everything depends of STB of course.

AlekS
27th November 2015, 17:01
Yulya Sanina from The Hardkiss gave birth to a baby boy on November 21! They've just posted a pic :D
Still, I guess they will try to take part next year. Unless they really want. If so imho STB could give wildcards to the semis to all the mommies.

Yoozek
27th November 2015, 17:16
Well well well, since Zlata resigned from the government and is working on a totally new material.... she would clearly rock and get what she didn't obtain in 2013. Dream which will never come true :c

WhoKnows
27th November 2015, 19:26
Is the Music Awards show online anywhere?

AlekS
27th November 2015, 23:38
Is the Music Awards show online anywhere?
The TV version will be re-aired (not sure if they change something) on the New Year's Eve. It was broadcast on the YT yesterday.
The only huge wtf was that a lot of performances were lip-synced.

Anyway here are those that weren't deleted:
Jamala --> http://vk.com/jamala?z=video-97041504_171406619%2F635d160e520166adba
Natalia Mohilevskaya --> https://vk.com/video?gid=97041504&z=video-97041504_171406681
Erika --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGCU1LGG7V0
Monatik --> https://vk.com/video-97041504_171406842?list=d8be3f609bd8b9404a
Max Barskih --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPlPMf5nwvA&feature=player_detailpage#t=30
Vremya i Steklo --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_0kwPdr25g
Tina Karol --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuQPKPuHBg
Mozgi --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RCNYEa07RIA#t=94
Nikita --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5zWnySHf2E

My faves are Jamala (you have to understand the lyrics), Erika, Max Barskih, ViS.
ps. Max improved his vocals :o

WhoKnows
28th November 2015, 04:05
Thanks AlekS.

Not bad. It's a shame that literally all but one are in Russian. Does the public not complain? My goodness.

Sammy
28th November 2015, 07:25
Even if I don't understand the lyrics of Jamala, her song works for me. Very expressive voice and interpretation!
Natalya's video gives us a hint what to expect as "last-winner-inspired-songs" this year. (in terms of stage-gimmicks in the beginning). But what a difference to Mans' perfect show and this. I also don't like the song so much....
Erika has the much better version of this also. Well done! <3 For the audience in the hall, this must have been quite uninteresting though, because it seems they don't see the show (as in the case of Mans), but only through the screen as it only works when filmed top-down.
I really like Max's entry, but the intro is too long. Shorten this and you have a great song!
Vremya i Steklo.... not for me. The song doesn't know what he wants....
Tina Karol..... also not really my cup of tea, but in the year of returning artist, she may get the nostalgic-bonus.
Mozgi: bad, bad, bad. The Oscar-Zia-inspired-show-gimmic doesn't help to save the song.
Nikita: have heard this stuff before. Doesn't hurt me, doesn't please me...

AlekS
28th November 2015, 10:54
Out of those you mentioned^ imo Vremya i Steklo will take part in the NF (with a different song of course).
Not sure about Erika but I wouldn't be surprised if she's already prepared a song.

Thanks AlekS.

Not bad. It's a shame that literally all but one are in Russian. Does the public not complain? My goodness.
Do you know why I called this M1 channel sh-tty? Because its TV rating/share is 1% approx. and its director is... what to say without being banned, hmmm.
Loboda has just released a gr8 song in Ukranian but they chose a song in Russian. Kudos to Jamala for sticking to Ukrainian with few words in Crimean Tatar. Erika speaks Ukrainian and Russian equally just like me so it's rather a song choice than politics. Tina's song has a double message so it has to be in Russian + it's from the new TV series' OST that will be exported to Russian speaking countries.
Barskih doesn't usually sing in Ukrainian but it's also because of Russian speaking market (Baltic states and ex-USSR). His songs in English are for everyone else. Bilyk is a "wh-re" that chose Russian market (though she turned into a joke here. Scandals, inadecvate behavior, drugs etc.). Mohilevska - this is her native language, ironically her biggest hit is in Ukrainian)) She tried to enter Russian show biz long time ago but chose to stick to Ukraine and her producer agency here. Her singers openly refused from performing in Russia.

Russian language doesn't mean that we are pro-Russian, the language card is played only by politicians from both sides, people don't buy this card. I don't even mind if we choose a song in Russian (it will be translated to English anyway). The main thing is whom we choose.

jaan
28th November 2015, 13:55
AlekS, can we expect some really big names in the nf?

A-lister
28th November 2015, 16:12
Russian language doesn't mean that we are pro-Russian, the language card is played only by politicians from both sides, people don't buy this card. I don't even mind if we choose a song in Russian (it will be translated to English anyway). The main thing is whom we choose.

The translation part is depressing, hope we will hear some Ukrainian again in ESC (I know that speaking/singing Russian doesn't make one pro-Russian, but coming from the broadcaster it would look slightly odd to choose a song in Russian with everything going on, in particular if there would be no Ukrainian in the mix).

AlekS
28th November 2015, 18:22
The translation part is depressing, hope we will hear some Ukrainian again in ESC (I know that speaking/singing Russian doesn't make one pro-Russian, but coming from the broadcaster it would look slightly odd to choose a song in Russian with everything going on, in particular if there would be no Ukrainian in the mix).
Actually pawning the Russian entry with the song in their own language while their politicians scream on every corner that Russian is being oppreessed here... that's a huge seductive idea :twisted: But it would be wrong imho.

Well, they showed Ruslana saying about our culture in the news about NF, maybe it will be the main direction. I know that many people on STB (including possible jurors) are pretty vocal against Russian politics so it would be rather a "protest" voting or usual "let's choose the best entry" selection.

+ STB journalists were detained by Russian police. Sweet.

AlekS, can we expect some really big names in the nf?
Of course, especially now when the broadcaster pays for everything)) Usually they show up in the last day. + those who say they don't care about ESC can submit their songs too.

Yoozek
28th November 2015, 18:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZpG0m3exTc

That Tv commercial is like 50 times better made than last 5 national finals put together. Finally Ukraine is going to make a great show out of the preselections. Let's hope the final result is worth it.

Nikkita
29th November 2015, 00:26
Max must be a real heartthrob for young girls, the girls' screams when he said "good night" were so funny :lol: Jamala's performance was amazing, very dark and powerful. Would love to see this style in Eurovision. ViS also looks interesting. I'll watch what Ukraine would do this year.

Fierro
29th November 2015, 15:57
Do you know why I called this M1 channel sh-tty? Because its TV rating/share is 1% approx. and its director is... what to say without being banned, hmmm.

"Inter" and "Ukraine" are actually shitty channels that beloved by pro-russian audience, not M1 which just streams music.

p.s. take my words back... just played it online and they were showing music video with russian chavs :lol:

AlekS
29th November 2015, 16:39
The only one performer from the recent X Factor (if STB gives a wildcard to the winner) I'd like to see on the NF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYQx1pXtaEM
^ from the yesterday's Golodomor Memorial Day edition.

"Inter" and "Ukraine" are actually shitty channels that beloved by pro-russian audience
Actually I meant size and financial abilities, but ok...))

Fierro
29th November 2015, 17:03
Everybody on X-Factor sings awfully. That's why i don't watch this show.

WhoKnows
29th November 2015, 18:48
Any chance we could see these girls?
https://youtu.be/ECw-0kMYLYQ

AlekS
30th November 2015, 15:18
STB showed M1 Music Awards footage on X Factor + they posted in social networks that Max Barskih received the award.
Not anyone else, they clearly picked him out.
Wondering if he's got a song. He always denies that before submitting an entry :lol:

+ he will release the new EP (under his real name) in English in a 2 days.
http://i.imgur.com/Zq6YAaY.jpg

BarefootBoogaloo
30th November 2015, 19:04
If Max Barskih were to participate, I'd love for his song to be along the lines of what he's released this year xdance

A-lister
30th November 2015, 23:09
If Maks Barskih is up for this again, I hope something like "Nebo" (which is by far his best song to date imo).

AlekS
1st December 2015, 11:32
Pryhod'ko gave interview to 1+1 channel and said that she's already submitted her song.
It will be something hard & different for her because she's never been performing in such style/genre before.

AlekS
2nd December 2015, 13:52
Tonya Matviyenko confirmed that she's got a song & she's going to take part in the NF.

Her latest song with Lama for example. Tonya is whitehaired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWBttHJdqWs

Fierro
2nd December 2015, 18:00
Tonya Matviyenko confirmed that she's got a song & she's going to take part in the NF.

Her latest song with Lama for example. Tonya is whitehaired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWBttHJdqWs

What a surprise (sarcasm) xcrazy but anyway it is good to see that this thing has already got some familiar faces.

blein
2nd December 2015, 18:42
Prihodko will get instant win. So stop talking about selections :D

AlekS
2nd December 2015, 19:20
Meanwhile The Hardkiss will release the new EP next week:
http://i.imgur.com/Kn05d77.jpg
Give 'em a wildcard to the semis, goddammed! :twisted:

Fierro
2nd December 2015, 19:51
xbow xbow xbow @ The Hardkiss

Prihodko will get instant win. So stop talking about selections :D

Why do you think so? I am not sure at all. None of her recent songs would suit to European public. I still think that 'Mamo' was her the best hit.

WhoKnows
2nd December 2015, 20:42
So the first casting round is this weekend? Are they open to the public? Also, do artists have to perform the ESC song at the casting or can they audition with any random song?

AlekS
2nd December 2015, 23:01
So the first casting round is this weekend? Are they open to the public? Also, do artists have to perform the ESC song at the casting or can they audition with any random song?
Yeah. 2 days per each city. Zaporizhzhya and Kharkiv this weekend.
Imo, Pryhod'ko can enter Kharkiv auditions (she has a concert there on Friday). Considering they are hosted by hotels I doubt they will be open to the public but it's STB so probably they are open after all.

Zaporizhzhya. Maybe night club in the hotel:
http://intourist.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/room-14-20813.jpg
or a conference hall, no idea.

Hotel's concert hall most def is the venue for Odesa auditions:
http://www.odessabooking.com.ua/en/wp-content/gallery/ok-odessa/896436pphbgfv.jpg

Dnipro's auditions are hosted by some media center. Probably this venue:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/11821883_499787480186653_903963563_n.jpg

Kyiv auditions are hosted by STB channel))

Yep, they should perform their ESC song.

Fierro
3rd December 2015, 01:38
xcheer

Can we expect some drama this year, like in 2011?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA78NReBx1o

AlekS
3rd December 2015, 14:17
It's been 4 years without drama... I doubt this year will be different. + if somebody decides to go against STB he won't be selected for the next 3 years xhmmm
Germany stole our spotlight this year anyway :lol:

Sammy
3rd December 2015, 15:03
xcheer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA78NReBx1o
Just observe the gesture interpreter in the little frame. Here stoic face during the vocal pitch is priceless. :mrgreen:

AlekS
3rd December 2015, 20:09
STB has just asked all Ukrainians to send our thoughts on who should become our representative and they will invite these performers to the semis.
We should go to their ESC site & add the link of our fave performance and explain why do we think this performer would be a perfect choice.
These performers shouldn't be famous. Whether they play in the local clubs or it's a garage band - nevermind.

Fierro
3rd December 2015, 20:26
Ohhhhh it will last very long. Gonna send them over 12412409 letters :D

I dream that NF will consist only of my favorite singers :twisted:

AlekS
4th December 2015, 15:06
I'm even more confused now because I have no idea who can win.
Someone unknown à la X Factor or an established act... pop, rock, electro or indie. They try to make it diverse.

I'm still pessimistic though. I can forgive STB everything because this is their 1st year & they have only 3 months (November-January) to prepare everything from scratch.

AlekS
4th December 2015, 17:16
Illaria refused to take part in the NF.

She's busy with her newborn baby, the new album and the new tour + she doesn't like that STB is involved in the art direction. She wants to have 100% control in her performance.
"But I don't exclude my participation in this contest in the future".

Tbh I don't really imagine her and Tonya Matviyenko in the same competition. They would steal each other's votes.

Fierro
4th December 2015, 22:37
Victoriya Petryk submitted her song for National Final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhdcNxmUpI

Oh, Illaria answered my post in her community 8-)

AlekS
4th December 2015, 22:58
^ Better than her previous try but still a crap.
More contestants, better songs pls.

"Author and composer: Ylva and Linda Persson
Composer/producer: William Taylor"

MF participants/authors should be prohibited from ruining other countries' selections.
F--k Swedovision! 8-)

ps. She will visit Odesa auditions. Hope that boys and girls from MY city will pawn her there (it won't be hard) :twisted:

AshleyWright
4th December 2015, 23:05
Victoriya Petryk submitted her song for National Final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhdcNxmUpI

Oh, Illaria answered my post in her community 8-)

oooooo I really like that.

Now unless NeAngely come out with something as awesome as "Courageous" then I know who i'm backing. 8-)

edit: She's even has that hot Eastern European English going on in it.

WhoKnows
5th December 2015, 01:26
Now unless NeAngely come out with something as awesome as "Courageous" then I know who i'm backing. 8-)

Eww, their usual stuff is so much better than Courageous. Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing them at the NF this year. One of them is very pregnant at the moment.

AshleyWright
5th December 2015, 01:35
Eww, their usual stuff is so much better than Courageous. Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing them at the NF this year. One of them is very pregnant at the moment.

Well either or would have been great really. I love their other stuff as well as their NF song.

hunty73
5th December 2015, 11:48
oooooo I really like that.

edit: She's even has that hot Eastern European English going on in it.

I agree Ashley.Viktoria probably needed a couple more years to develop but now she is at the top of her game.This song has great potential for ESC.Its got lots of subtle early hooks and the bridge adds some great ethnic elements.Its a bit clinical through the back end and needs a bit more depth.If Ylva and Linda Persson are the writers i pressume they have access to Swedish producers and input.This is a very strong contender and sets the bar at a good level.

AlekS
5th December 2015, 12:27
Persson sisters used to write for Belarusian selection last year. Those songs were even worse than this one though.
Gonna vote for the local writers/composers. Let's not turn everything on Azerbaijan.

A-lister
5th December 2015, 16:09
Illaria refused to take part in the NF.

She's busy with her newborn baby, the new album and the new tour + she doesn't like that STB is involved in the art direction. She wants to have 100% control in her performance.
"But I don't exclude my participation in this contest in the future".

Tbh I don't really imagine her and Tonya Matviyenko in the same competition. They would steal each other's votes.

Pity no Illaria this time around :( She'd be one of my first picks....

As for Matvienko and Illaria playing each other out is probably true, so I guess for the better they are not in at the same time.

Fierro
5th December 2015, 16:54
Illaria is much less popular than Matvienko so I doubt they'd compete.

AlekS
5th December 2015, 20:20
Illaria is much less popular than Matvienko so I doubt they'd compete.
X Factor participants are even less famous but they get 0.7-1 million votes combined on STB. It's about song, not about popularity.
Kozlovskiy was the most popular singer in our NF but he couldn't even make it to the top-10 :lol:
Was Alyosha popular? She f-ed Star Factory's competitors. On their own channel.
+ every vote counts.

AlekS
5th December 2015, 23:10
We have the 1st participant from the current X Factor season.
"Bila Vezha" band with the song in English.

for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NBTod_FzOA

as I've said I dislike everyone from X Factor except Natalie Papazoglu.

Fierro
6th December 2015, 00:10
^ I agree with Yarmak

http://i73.fastpic.ru/big/2015/1206/95/a95d8774974bd94705d0fd6c65dd3c95.png

This guy is so pathetic (i mean who sings) and his look is quite outdated (hair, dress). We are not in the 00's after all.

AlekS
6th December 2015, 01:50
We are not in the 00's after all.
He's from the 80's gay bar but ok...
:lol:

ps. It's Khlyvnyuk! Btw when I think of Yarmak I always remember one wtf-ish pic. In a hot tub :lol:
ok, enough of late night talks http://www.animated-gifs.eu/religion-nun/0009.gif
*STB bosses God f-en save our NF and don't let X Factor crap win this whole shit. Amen*

AlekS
6th December 2015, 17:09
and the baby-boom continues :lol: Slava from NeAngely gave birth to a baby girl this morning (NeAngely Junior) xclap
obviously don't expect them on the NF.

Fierro
6th December 2015, 17:49
and the baby-boom continues :lol: Slava from NeAngely gave birth to a baby girl this morning (NeAngely Junior) xclap
obviously don't expect them on the NF.

I remember video with Verka Serduchka when she talks to Slava and makes her to admit she is transgender :lol: That was so epic hoax xrofl people were nearly to believe

AlekS
6th December 2015, 20:33
*speculation/gossip alert* http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/gossip.gif

Lumiere band is having a concert in Kharkiv as we speak. Roman took part in X Factor. STB is involved in their tour. Their club is just 300m away from the auditions... :rolleyes: *praying that they signed up*
I don't mind sending a hottie Roman/band that sounds like a soft version of Muse :twisted:

http://cs623317.vk.me/v623317517/442de/24zrXvjgJNs.jpg

http://cs624027.vk.me/v624027474/4c9a6/agHk-Yl1Fg4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=191&v=LGolVZruaog

FilipFromSweden
8th December 2015, 18:45
Viktoria is 18?! I thought she was like 8-9 in JESC 2012

GianlucaTomoe
8th December 2015, 18:51

It was Viktoria's sister, Anastasiya, who participated in JESC 2012... Viktoria participated in JESC in 2008

FilipFromSweden
8th December 2015, 18:58
It was Viktoria's sister, Anastasiya, who participated in JESC 2012... Viktoria participated in JESC in 2008

Oh! That explains a lot, Viktoria looks a lot like Anastasiya, hence why I thought it was her.

Fierro
8th December 2015, 20:12

xrofl2 you know JESC is like conveyor for future ESC participants which should grow as faster as they can

AlekS
9th December 2015, 15:52
Meanwhile ESC became the most trending event of 2015 (international category) in Ukraine 8-)
Even despite withdrawal :lol:

Pryhod'ko went reverse Conchita in the new video (non ESC) and kissed a girl.
http://podrobnosti.ua/media/pictures/2015/12/4/thumbs/282x180/uznaete-pevitsu_rect_7cfece3044e4997416a227d134e3880d.jpg
(she looks like Simon Fourcade :o :lol:)

ps. Imo we'll get 4 semis but it seems March 5 date clashes with Ukraine's Got Talent.

AlekS
9th December 2015, 23:44
Zlata has just released a new song. It was written by ... the same man who wrote Gravity and few other ESC entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzPO1Mub9o

I hope she will sing as an interval act :rolleyes: because the song sucks.

A-lister
9th December 2015, 23:51
Zlata has just released a new song. It was written by ... the same man who wrote Gravity and few other ESC entries.
http://vk.com/wall-37167572_8599
I hope she will sing as an interval act :rolleyes: because the song sucks.

It's not a bad song at all imo, better than "Gravity"... but her best songs remain (in order) "Kukushka" (Ukrainian only version), "Za lizamy horamy" and "Zapaly vohon" :)

WhoKnows
10th December 2015, 00:55
I'm surprised we've gotten nothing from the first round of castings.

AlekS
10th December 2015, 15:56
^ I wouldn't be surprised if only few people showed up in those particular cities + STB (& other big channels) prohibits to take pictures and videos on their castings))
Even for the media. This is awesome because more than 1000 people attend the X Factor auditions and nobody leaks anything except hints and general info :twisted:

I predict A LOT of people on Kyiv/L'viv/Odesa and Dnipro castings.
+ not sure if 2 days will be enough for Kyiv.

AlekS
10th December 2015, 16:07
Ukrainian-Armenian composer Shushan Sargsyan composed Pryhodko's entry.
She composes classical songs, soundtracks and pop. This is her 1st try for Eurovision.

Anastasiya confirmed that it's a ballad but it's something unusual for her. Wondering if it's orchestrated. This can be a Disney style (a little) too :lol: I heard 2 songs of this composer and both are boring "American" ballads.

Sabiondo
10th December 2015, 20:06
Ukrainian-Armenian composer Shushan Sargsyan composed Pryhodko's entry.
She composes classical songs, soundtracks and pop. This is her 1st try for Eurovision.

Anastasiya confirmed that it's a ballad but it's something unusual for her. Wondering if it's orchestrated. This can be a Disney style (a little) too :lol: I heard 2 songs of this composer and both are boring "American" ballads.

I guess that will be this song, because was released today 8-) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEhy5FLK9U

AlekS
10th December 2015, 20:35
Zlata said that her song is 3 years old though they released it now.
Kavaleryan wrote her a bunch of songs then, it's a Gravity B-side and it's not meant for the NF.

I guess that will be this song, because was released today 8-) ;)
Nope. In the morning she said that her ESC song is not ready yet. + this one has a different authors and it was released earlier.

Fierro
11th December 2015, 01:32
After Russian choice we must send Max Barskih... or MICKOLAI :lol:

GianlucaTomoe
11th December 2015, 01:45
After Russian choice we must send Max Barskih... or MICKOLAI :lol:

No, thank you. Ukraine of all the countries doesn't need to send certain singers only and exclusively to cater for the taste of the fanboys.

AlekS
11th December 2015, 01:46
no chances against Lazarev for Barskih. Though it will help to steal his votes :twisted: but both will flop then (for Lazarev any place except #1 is a flop) :lol:
We should "stab" Russian broadcaster in the butt with a different entry.

No, thank you. Ukraine of all the countries doesn't need to send certain singers only and exclusively to cater for the taste of the fanboys.
xheart

AlekS
11th December 2015, 02:03
it seems Pryhodko will submit a song in Ukrainian called "Duzhe daleko". Surprisingly I like its music but gosh her vocals make it so generic (can't believe that I said that).

Fierro
11th December 2015, 02:06
it seems Pryhodko will submit a song in Ukrainian called "Duzhe daleko". Surprisingly I like its music but gosh her vocals make it so generic (can't believe that I said that).

How did you hear that???

AlekS
11th December 2015, 02:08
How did you hear that???
Like everyone else. From a little clip. And it was enough. She revealed the song title in a hashtag not so long ago.
She recorded its vocals few days ago in-between the tour dates.

Its music is typical for Sargsyan works (imho her best song) but what works for Zlata doesn't work for Nastya.

Odalis
11th December 2015, 02:46

I hope she'll be duzhe daleko from Eurovision the next year xcrazy

Gera11
11th December 2015, 04:25
I'd love something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--TEFlviTU

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmzK6JEgdg

I guess I will have to keep my expectations at the lowest level. :lol:

Sabiondo
11th December 2015, 09:30
BTW.. I guess if the Ukrainian diaspora singers could take part in the NF Selection? Elen Levon should be invited as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81EdENK_9qQ

GRE
11th December 2015, 10:05
(for Lazarev any place except #1 is a flop) :lol:

Not only because he is Lazarev, but also because Gagarina took 2nd place this year, there will be automatically a comparison. It's a risk for him.

AlekS
11th December 2015, 14:16
The interview with The Hardkiss:
- when will you come back on stage?
- in December.

the main question if they have a song *sigh*

Fierro
11th December 2015, 15:02
The interview with The Hardkiss:
- when will you come back on stage?
- in December.

the main question if they have a song *sigh*

I would like them to participate with Doctor Thomases but it has been already sung in public before september.

Yoozek
12th December 2015, 20:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kdLYNfyXV0

She clearly won't take part but daamn, this so gut. xheart

AlekS
12th December 2015, 22:24
The Pringlez' song is called Easy to Love.
http://i.imgur.com/cqpKXQp.jpg

Tonya's song features ethno. Predictably.
http://i.imgur.com/bV6N04T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l7rtJnc.jpg

Castings are open from 10:00 to 20:00.
Performers will be notified after the New Year if they qualified. All videos will be sent to the channel and the jury will make a decision.

Nikkita
12th December 2015, 23:12
no chances against Lazarev for Barskih. Though it will help to steal his votes :twisted: but both will flop then (for Lazarev any place except #1 is a flop) :lol:

I think Barskih would do a better job for Western audience, he looks more up to date and (in my opinion) he's hotter :lol:

Fierro
12th December 2015, 23:17
I have rumours to think that Zlata submitted her song Kruzheva to National Final.

AlekS
12th December 2015, 23:19
Nikkita It's subjective. But I hope that their songs/image won't be similar - if you care about points I prefer it to be different & don't rule out each other.
As a listener I don't care & enjoy both songs.

AlekS
12th December 2015, 23:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kdLYNfyXV0

She clearly won't take part but daamn, this so gut. xheart
This video made me appreciate the song more)) Still I hope they will improve it if she wins :mrgreen:

Fierro
12th December 2015, 23:47
I already love this song xheart

AlekS
13th December 2015, 00:59
Natalie Papazoglu is recording the NF song with the orchestra tomorrow. She's just placed #4 on X Factor.

Jamala will sing in a duo with X Factor finalist next week. I'm 100% sure they've already invited her to the NF.

Fierro
13th December 2015, 01:32
xcheer ok then I'll support her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaqzibTyLk

My queen xheart

AlekS
13th December 2015, 02:00
xcheer ok then I'll support her
:o http://yoursmileys.ru/msmile/wonder/m1430.gif *pinches himself*
http://i.imgur.com/YxdJdvp.jpg

AlekS
13th December 2015, 11:58
I see Nekrasov left a comment in ESC group. Then it's safe to say that Zlata is in :D

Another rumoured name is Monatik. It seems Alekseev is not going to take part.

Yoozek
13th December 2015, 13:11
I see Nekrasov left a comment in ESC group. Then it's safe to say that Zlata is in :D

Another rumoured name is Monatik. It seems Alekseev is not going to take part.

O_O !!!!!!!!11!!!1!

What? Zlata is in?
Dreams come true this year, aren't they. No way she won't win national pre.

...and if they rework the song like they did with 'Gravity' then it's safe to say she is going to Sweden (again there :D ) for what was stolen from her 2 years ago.

Sabiondo
13th December 2015, 14:13
If Zlata will participate, then its not make sense for Prikhodko or Petryk to enter in the competition if already we know the winner already? Zlata should return in 2017 if she wants..

Fierro
13th December 2015, 14:40
If Zlata will participate, then its not make sense for Prikhodko or Petryk to enter in the competition if already we know the winner already? Zlata should return in 2017 if she wants..

People here dislike her new song, so there is no guarantees she'll win.

As for MONATIK, I like his recent work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQNSxYlx9U

WhoKnows
13th December 2015, 15:21
It seems Alekseev is not going to take part.

NOOOOOOO. I was hoping to see him. :(

AlekS What did Nekrasov say?

AlekS
13th December 2015, 15:34
^ Nekrasov (her producer) has just gave a "like" to this post:
"Is it true that Zlata will try to come back on ESC 2016 in the NF?" :D

ps. I'm not sure about Alekseev actually but his composer said he sees no point in singing in English. So... rather a song in Russian/Ukrainian or no participation. I'm 100% sure that NTU & STB will demand to translate it so it's unclear.

WhoKnows
13th December 2015, 16:22
Btw, speaking of Zlata's song, to me it sounds a bit underdeveloped. The verses are great (especially the first one) but the chorus is underwhelming. Also, it doesn't really go anywhere and stops too soon.

AlekS
13th December 2015, 17:33
^ I'm sure they think about taking part again but it's still not official (even despite such hints), they can submit another song too.
Last time they had few songs to choose from.

What bothers me - they admitted it's a Gravity's leftover, so what's the point in sending something that's been rejected for 3 years ;)

Odalis
13th December 2015, 21:33
People here dislike her new song, so there is no guarantees she'll win.

As for MONATIK, I like his recent work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQNSxYlx9U

Wow love it! Thx for sharing, i adore modern ukranian music, very fresh sound, up to date and well written too (my fav is ONUKA atm).

Sabiondo
13th December 2015, 23:02

I told this to Andy of ESCKZ (He is also vice-president of OGAE Rest of the World BTW!) and he told me that he didn't know anything about this info at respect and he doesn't believe this unless if here are reliable sources. An Like on VK post at Zlata official group don't proves nothing, but neither Nekrasov it has been confirmed or refuted.

Let's see what Zlata team says...:rolleyes:

AlekS
14th December 2015, 01:20
An Like on VK post at Zlata official group don't proves nothing, but neither Nekrasov it has been confirmed or refuted.
Just what I said:

I'm sure they think about taking part again but it's still not official (even despite such hints)...

Andy said that he thinks Nekrasov can be involved in the NF as a music producer. After the 1st NF details were announced I thought that he can be in the jury again. In this case no Zlata)).

ps. Nekrasov teased again and said that he didn't make any hints :lol: As usual in his style.

Fierro
14th December 2015, 01:35
Poster with #true_flag xbow

https://pp.vk.me/c631922/v631922927/4377/A3HXfBUiJBo.jpg

AlekS
14th December 2015, 02:17
True or not just don't screw up! (this should be the next motto after "K*rwo, pratsyui!") :D

AlekS
14th December 2015, 17:58
Monatik released the new song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BErjEnz_LVU

A-lister
14th December 2015, 21:48

ps. I'm not sure about Alekseev actually but his composer said he sees no point in singing in English. So... rather a song in Russian/Ukrainian or no participation. I'm 100% sure that NTU & STB will demand to translate it so it's unclear.

As for Zlata making a potential comeback, it would be awesome to say the least! Her new song is quite ok, but would prefer something different and in Ukrainian (is Zapaly vohon eligible?).

The juries in ESC would kill Alekseev, he is a dreadful live singer... and especially in English it would be a major disaster since he can't pronounce it for his life...

Also why so certain about the entry ending up in English? Somehow I feel like we could atleast end up with bi-lingual this time around xshrug

AlekS
15th December 2015, 00:25
^There's a rumour that she's thinking about submitting another song :lol:
+ Andy said that it's definitely not Kruzheva (just what I said about this song being rejected for 3 years etc.). It's all up to her & her team. I won't be surprised if Nekrasov simply teased us))

ps. Zapaly vogon' is not eligible.

sharkan
15th December 2015, 18:35
I really like new song of Zlata. Much better than Gravity.
I am looking forward to listen Anastasia Prichodko's entry.

AlekS
16th December 2015, 12:41
Tonya Matviyenko is working with the same producer from Lama's team who produced her duo with Lama.
They are going to choose between 2 songs.

Pryhod'ko's song features Armenian ethnic instrument blul.
this is how it sounds for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0TNt5JprM
My suspicions about ethno-"Disney" music grow bigger...
http://vchaspik.ua/sites/default/files/imagecache/image_300/story/u1583/prihodko.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sH5p2Qn.jpg

Sammy
16th December 2015, 18:02
as much as I love Zlata and also Anastasia, it's about time for Ukraine to look for a male artist to represent them. Though of course this is secondary.

niko
16th December 2015, 18:32
When is the NF going to be so I will know when to bring the pop-corn foe thr forthcoming drama.

GianlucaTomoe
16th December 2015, 18:39
as much as I love Zlata and also Anastasia, it's about time for Ukraine to look for a male artist to represent them. Though of course this is secondary.

Considering how many male acts have already been selected so far, I wouldn't say so. ESC 2016 is shaping up to be like ESC 2007, in that year almost all the acts tried to copy the winning formula of the previous year, but at the end something totally different won, and deservedly so. In 2016 we will have tons of male acts trying to have songs like "Heroes", "Rhythm inside", "Tonight again" and so on and on, and also many rock songs, paving the way for the most different act to win. Therefore, standing out will have to be a priority, especially for such a successful country like Ukraine. This is how it should be, although I don't expect someone from Austria (a country that in ESC always had a strong predilection for male acts) to understand what I said.

Sammy
16th December 2015, 18:49
Considering how many male acts have already been selected so far, I wouldn't say so. ESC 2016 is shaping up to be like ESC 2007, in that year almost all the acts tried to copy the winning formula of the previous year, but at the end something totally different won, and deservedly so. In 2016 we will have tons of male acts trying to have songs like "Heroes", "Rhythm inside", "Tonight again" and so on and on, and also many rock songs, paving the way for the most different act to win. Therefore, standing out will have to be a priority, especially for such a successful country like Ukraine. This is how it should be, although I don't expect someone from Austria (a country that in ESC always had a strong predilection for male acts) to understand what I said.

I was just looking at the artists Ukraine chose so far since they participate. And they only had one male artist as far as I remember (or two if you count Verka)

Thus said, I'd prefer if you don't use these silly kind of generalizations. (The austrians, a country that...). There is absolutely no way to prove this statement and its quite easy to disprove it.
Furthermore I perceive your "i don't expect someone... to understand" formula as quite patronizing if not arrogant thus rather insulting. I hope that this was not your intention, but otherwise, if you are looking for someone to quarrel with, I'm not in for that.

lowyby
16th December 2015, 19:07
Surely it's his intention, It's Gianluca we're talking about :P
Not female = Sad Gianluca

GianlucaTomoe
16th December 2015, 19:10
1) I was just looking at the artists Ukraine chose so far since they participate. And they only had one male artist as far as I remember (or two if you count Verka)

2) Thus said, I'd prefer if you don't use these silly kind of generalizations. (The austrians, a country that...). There is absolutely no way to prove this statement and its quite easy to disprove it.
Furthermore I perceive your "i don't expect someone... to understand" formula as quite patronizing if not arrogant thus rather insulting. I hope that this was not your intention, but otherwise, if you are looking for someone to quarrel with, I'm not in for that.

1) They had 3 male acts, and in any case, ESC is a song contest, therefore only the song matters, the gender of the singer is an irrelevant detail which should never be taken into consideration, and the fact that it actually is proves how much there are problems within' the ESC-fanbase. Look at all the wave of fanwank about Sergey Lazarev when nobody knows what kind of song he will sing (and it will be liked anyway).

2) No need to act like this, the fact that Austria chose more male singers than female ones is crystal clear and everybody can see it. I also feel insulted by posts which don't take into consideration the only thing that matters in ESC, namely the SONG, therefore it may happen that I answer in a certain way proving certain points which do nothing but explain the reality of the facts.

Peace out, though ;)

Sammy
16th December 2015, 19:35
GianlucaTomoe
right, I forgot greenjolly. Still - there are far more female singers than male ones. That was my motivation for my post.

you are also right, that what matters is the song, the performance, the staging. The gender of the artist is secondary. I already stated this in my first post also.

In fact there IS a need to speak out, if your tone is inappropriate in my views.
You can not deduce from the fact that there are a certain number of male or female artists among the entries that the people or the country in general have a predilection for the gender of the artist (first major logical error). Because partly the choice is internal and even in televote, there is just a small number of people that participate. And even if you let these two facts aside, you are in fact insinuating, that the main reason for choosing the artist would in fact be his or her gender. That is quite a huge generalization for a country that has been (with regrettable pauses) participating for nearly 60 years now.

Nor can you deduce from this first fallacy, that somebody who happens to be a citizen of the country in question is not able to understand your argumentation (which by the way did not even contradict my views) (second major logical error).

As for Lazarev - a lot of the positive reaction is about what he has done so far (dance wise, music wise). The fact that he is male is not predominant in my perception. Last year the praise for Paulina was similar before her song was released. They are both great artists, that's why.

Thus said, I also agree on the last line of your post. No bad feelings ;)

AlekS
16th December 2015, 21:33
it's about time for Ukraine to look for a male artist to represent them.
*waiting for a male artist to submit his gr8 song finally*

But judging by the rumours most def it will be a girl or a band. Though much bigger amount of guys decided to take part this time, maybe it's time for a black horse. + it's STB with a big amount of female televoters, maybe some talented guy will charm them... or they'd like to choose a girl - STB voting is VERY unpredictable. Fangirls/fanboys don't have a big influence imo.

I just hope it won't be the recent X-Factor finalist.
http://cs629501.vk.me/v629501089/24884/GozpLCdhU9o.jpg
His fangirls would bombard all ESC sites :lol:

Max Barskih or Lumiere most def will get my votes if they decide to join the NF with a good song.

Yoozek
16th December 2015, 22:17
the only thing that matters in ESC, namely the SONG

It did matter. Like 20 years ago :D
Now it's just one part of the whole puzzle board.

And well, Ukraine almost always used to send women. Since they both looked perfect and all of them had hell of a voice, I don't get the part why they shouldn't repeat the thing they're best at. If there will be another great lady with killer voice and a nice song in the NF, why should they choose, let's say, some cheap disco male singer over her...just because Russia got one hottie this year. :?

lowyby
16th December 2015, 22:59
1) They had 3 male acts, and in any case, ESC is a song contest, therefore only the song matters, the gender of the singer is an irrelevant detail which should never be taken into consideration, and the fact that it actually is proves how much there are problems within' the ESC-fanbase. Look at all the wave of fanwank about Sergey Lazarev when nobody knows what kind of song he will sing (and it will be liked anyway).

Your signature before getting banned on ESCforum:

1. Iveta Munukchyan ....... 42. Minus One 43. Douwe Bob

How much more hypocrite can you get :P