PDA

View Full Version : FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL II! THE FINAL - Deadline: 28/4 @ 18 CET!

Pages : [1] 2

Schlagerman1
7th April 2015, 16:10
Time for a 2nd edition of Festival De National, where your favorite songs from Eurovisions national finals will get a 2nd chance of taking the glory. As last edition will 32 songs compete in 4 semis and one 2nd chance, to get to be one of the 12 songs to compete in the big final. You are now allowed to pick four songs, at least two of the songs will be included, but can be more, depending on how many people who signs up for this edition. There are 32 songs already that competed last edition, that aren’t allowed to enter this time, these are seen here:

1. ::bg 2009 – “Yasno Sluntse” Gergana Dimova
2. ::hr 2005 – “Kako Da Te Volim” Zanamari
3. ::hr 2009 -“Poljupci U Boji” Feminnem
4. ::fi 2013 – ”We Should Be Through” Mikael Saari
5. ::fi 2015 - “Heart Of Light” Opera Skaala
6. ::de 2000 – “Queen Of Light” E-Rotic
7. ::de 2014 – “The Fiddler On The Deck” Santiano
8. ::gr 2011 – ”I Don’t Wanna Dance” Nikki Ponte
9. ::gr 2014 – “Petalouda Stin Athina” Krystallia
10. ::is 2015 – ”Fjaðrir” SUNDAY
11. ::ie 2011 – “Falling” Nikki Kavanagh
12. ::it 2015 -”Fatti Avanti Amore” Nek
13. ::lv 2010 – ”Lullaby For My Dreammate” Trianas Parks
14. ::mt 2009 – “I’m Me” Jo Zette
15. ::mt 2011 – ”If I Could Do It All Again” Raquela
16. ::no 2007 – “Rocket Ride” Jannicke Abrahamsen
17. ::no 2012 – “High On Love” Reidun Saether
18. ::pt 2010 – ”Canta Por Mim” Catarina Pereira
19. ::es 2014 – “Más (Run)” Brequette
20. ::se 1984 – “Kall Som Is” Gemini
21. ::se 1992 – ”Långt Härifrån” Py Bäckman
22. ::se 2006 – ”Silverland” Roger Pontare
23. ::se 2008 – “Lay Your Love On Me” BWO
24. ::se 2009 – “Moving On” Sarah Dawn Finer
25. ::se 2009 – “Stay The Night” Alcazar
26. ::se 2010 – “Kom” Timoteij
27. ::se 2014 - “Survivor” Helena Paparizou
28. ::se 2015 – “One By One” Elize Ryd & Rickard Söderberg
29. ::ch 2013 – ”J’Avais Rendez-Vous” Carrousel
30. ::ua 2014 – “Courageous” NeAngely
31. ::uk 2008 – ”Woo (U Make Me) Michelle Gayle
32. ::uk 2007 – ”Big Bro Thang” Big Brovaz

So send me four songs, all has to come from 4 different years between 1956-2015. You need to rank these four in the order you want them the most (your number 1 is your first choice and then 2 is 2nd and so on). If two people choose the same song or singer, it will be a draw and the one that lose it will have to pick its third choice and so on. If we don’t get a maximum of 16 people joining the contest, then a draw will be made to see which people will get a third choice in the contest.
This contest has pretty short deadlines, so you need to be prepared to vote within a few days. I have put a deadline to when you should stop sending songs; it ends on Thursday the 9th of April at midnight!
PS. When the deadline is over I will start looking for live performances of the songs. If I can't find a live performance for the entry, I will directly move down to the 3rd or 4th choice on the list!

WELCOME TO LISBON!

http://flaviofilho.com/sites/default/files/flaviofilho_2012-06-dsc_7990.jpg

It’s time for the big final, held here in the MEO Arena:

http://www.lusonoticias.com/images/stories/2013/LUSONOTICIAS/CULTURA/PavilhaoAtlantico.jpg

Now will 14 songs compete of being the 2nd winner of the great Festival De National. Here are the songs:

1. ::no 2015 - “En Godt Stekt Pizza” Staysman & Lazz (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bZb8utdo0)
2. ::ee 2014 – ”Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad” Sandra Nurmsalu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxF9ZxEFm5g)
3. ::sl 2006 – “Mandoline” Saša Lendero (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HuQmH4DcKo)
4. ::it 2015 – ”Una Finestra Ta Le Stelle” Annalisa (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h7cqb)
5. ::al 2015 – “S’të Fal” Lindita Halimi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhyRJxPFM9I)
6. ::ua 2011 – “The Kukushka” Zlata Ognevich (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-V4a0UV42M)
7. ::at 1990 – ”Papagena” Gruppe Papageno (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me650U1OQw0)
8. ::dk 2009 – “Someday” Hera Björk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2W01jbETQ)
9. ::se 2014 – “Red” EKO (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8Kwl5FtLk)
10. ::cy 2015 – “Come And Fight For Freedom” Eva Diva (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5WGEqLGD98)
11. ::ro 2013 – ”Emilia” Electric Fence (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCuRHiqCfGE)
12. ::fi 2007 – ”Olet Uneni Kaunein” Johanna Kurkela (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPx76XjWCKE)
13. ::se 2014 – ”Busy Doin’ Nothing” Ace Wilder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGHFKHjniY)
14. ::uk 1981 – ”Don’t Panic” Liquid Gold (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA9dCUJ2NYk)

RECAP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1soUISUm3SI

You vote by using ESC-style (12, 10, 8-1) by a pm to me!
Everyone is allowed to vote, not only the people that got to choose songs.
You are allowed to vote for your own song if you like.
Deadline ends on Tuesday the 28th of April @ 18 CET!

SO START VOTING NOW!! :D

EDC0708
7th April 2015, 16:14
Songs Sent!

anselm
7th April 2015, 16:32
Jag är inne!

lavieenrose
7th April 2015, 16:46
Songs sent!

RainyWoods
7th April 2015, 16:58
Yes, it's backxheat

So it's not first come, first served with the songs then? That's good, I can take a little while choosing my songs then without the worry of my main song being pinchedxqueenbitch

lavieenrose
7th April 2015, 17:07
New songs sent after quite the screwup a few minutes ago!

Jonaxh
7th April 2015, 17:09
A final in my hometown?? I must participate!! I'll search for songs when later tonight :)

EDC0708
7th April 2015, 17:14
Updated my songs after spotting that the songs have to come from four different years.

Schlagerman1
7th April 2015, 18:28
Already got 4 people in, so don't miss the oppurtinity to send in your songs! ;)

DaFlo
7th April 2015, 18:29
Songs sent! :D

revallsay
7th April 2015, 18:32
I will send songs in a couple of minutes ;)

tuorem
7th April 2015, 19:11
I sent my songs, let me know if I don't break the rules.

Schlagerman1
7th April 2015, 19:20
We are now up on 7 people so far! Have also updated the rules, forgot to tell you that I will not look for live performances of your songs until all 16 places has been taken or the deadline is over. If I don't find a live performance of your song, I will just move down to your 3rd or 4th choices, just so you know!

RainyWoods
7th April 2015, 19:39
I can't find a live version of Jo Zette's "Catwalk". My life is officially over.

RainyWoods
7th April 2015, 20:21
Just sent my four songs in. Tried to make them a varied bunch and from a mixture of time periods. Last time we were stuck in the (awesomeness of the) last ten years of the contest. I want to explore the NF's from 70's/80's. I bet there is a lot of good stuff to be foundxlove

Schlagerman1
7th April 2015, 22:18
Got songs from 10 people so far! So if you want your place, you should send them pretty soon! ;)

Jonaxh
8th April 2015, 00:44
Songs sent!

Schlagerman1
8th April 2015, 01:05
Just 4 places left guys, if you still wanna join, you better send your songs to me by tomorrow or else you may miss it! ;)

cassio
8th April 2015, 02:38
songs are send

tuorem
8th April 2015, 05:21
Schlagerman1 I'll need more information about the voting process since I discovered you allowed people to vote for their own songs during the first festival xthink I know this game is made for fun but doesn't it seem a little bit unfair if some people do that and others don't? I'm not into strategies, just saying! :lol:

Schlagerman1
8th April 2015, 12:49
Schlagerman1 I'll need more information about the voting process since I discovered you allowed people to vote for their own songs during the first festival xthink I know this game is made for fun but doesn't it seem a little bit unfair if some people do that and others don't? I'm not into strategies, just saying! :lol:

I have allowed that you can vote for your own songs, but the draw will be fixed so you won't get more than 1 song in each semi. This is also a contest where the songs are in the focus and not the people, but if someone thinks that the other songs are too weak comparing to one of that persons own song, than you can of course give it 12 points. :mrgreen:

tuorem
8th April 2015, 13:09
I have allowed that you can vote for your own songs, but the draw will be fixed so you won't get more than 1 song in each semi. This is also a contest where the songs are in the focus and not the people, but if someone thinks that the other songs are too weak comparing to one of that persons own song, than you can of course give it 12 points. :mrgreen:

I don't how to feel about this :lol: I mean if one submits a song, it is highly likely that it is a song that one loves, so one's tempted to give it 12pts even if there is one song of his in the semi. I contemplated voting for other songs even if I didn't like them (ESC-style), but if people, failing that, are entitled to vote for themselves, then I may exercize the "rank the songs according to your taste, whoever submitted them" right too.

Schlagerman1
8th April 2015, 13:45
I don't how to feel about this :lol: I mean if one submits a song, it is highly likely that it is a song that one loves, so one's tempted to give it 12pts even if there is one song of his in the semi. I contemplated voting for other songs even if I didn't like them (ESC-style), but if people, failing that, are entitled to vote for themselves, then I may exercize the "rank the songs according to your taste, whoever submitted them" right too.

The weird thing is that in these two contest (this and Eurovision Your Choice Contest, were in both it is allowed to vote for your own songs) it is actually extremly rare to see people vote for their own songs (at least in giving them 12). When I started doing these contests, I was sure that it would be more often that would happen. So it does work at least and even if everyone would vote for their top fave, the right song would win in the end, cause then it would have been placed with 10 or 8 points by many. ;)

Schlagerman1
8th April 2015, 13:48
And just to tell you, it is just three places left to pick songs so hurry up and join! :D

tuorem
8th April 2015, 13:58
The weird thing is that in these two contest (this and Eurovision Your Choice Contest, were in both it is allowed to vote for your own songs) it is actually extremly rare to see people vote for their own songs (at least in giving them 12). When I started doing these contests, I was sure that it would be more often that would happen. So it does work at least and even if everyone would vote for their top fave, the right song would win in the end, cause then it would have been placed with 10 or 8 points by many. ;)

Got it :D I was seeking explanations since I saw both kinds of voting in the results of the previous festival. Everything's fine now. ;)

Hurry up people xcheer come join us, the more the merrier

RainyWoods
8th April 2015, 16:27

xshifty

I get so embarrassed when sending in top points to my own songs, especially when two are competing in the same round. If people end up sending songs I love more, then of course i'll place them higher. It's just I get very lucky with my own choices usually. I'm sure I give myself 12 at least half the timexcrazy

cassio
8th April 2015, 17:33
xshifty

I get so embarrassed when sending in top points to my own songs, especially when two are competing in the same round. If people end up sending songs I love more, then of course i'll place them higher. It's just I get very lucky with my own choices usually. I'm sure I give myself 12 at least half the timexcrazy

I agree I too tend to like the songs I send in. However, it mostly end up with that Im the only one who gives my songs the highest score so......... Im glad that I can vote for my own songs...xmarge

tuorem
8th April 2015, 18:09
xshifty

Well, I guess it's fair enough if everyone does the same thing. We should consider the lineup of a particular semi objectively as if we weren't involved in the choice of the entries, which means that if the song you submitted is the best one of the bunch, then you shouldn't underrate it due to the conflict of interest it may seem to be. :mrgreen: So people shouldn't avoid voting for their own songs on purpose if there isn't anything better out there according to their tastes, otherwise the discrepancy in terms of voting patterns may hurt some entries in the qualification rounds.

AshleyWright
8th April 2015, 18:19
You shouldn't feel ashamed to vote for your own entries. :D I will if I like them more. I won't if i'm not much of a fan of it (or I will mark it slightly down anyway...) xjumplol

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but in EYCC, I always tend to vote my own entries up in the semi final so they have a better chance of qualification then in the final i vote more fairly. xshifty

tuorem
8th April 2015, 18:26
You shouldn't feel ashamed to vote for your own entries. :D I will if I like them more. I won't if i'm not much of a fan of it (or I will mark it slightly down anyway...) xjumplol

Yes, the most important thing to me is that everyone should be aware of that possibility. I wasn't so maybe other potential newbies in this game will know now. :)

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but in EYCC, I always tend to vote my own entries up in the semi final so they have a better chance of qualification then in the final i vote more fairly. xshifty

You bad boy NONO :mrgreen: a fault confessed is half redressed :D

Schlagerman1
8th April 2015, 22:42
Still three places left, so if you are still interested, do join now! :D

lavieenrose
9th April 2015, 01:08
Third time's the charm…thank you Schlagerman1 for putting up with my pain-in-arse-being.

Schlagerman1
9th April 2015, 01:55
Now it is just two places left! :D so hurry up and join guys! ;)

Carrie
9th April 2015, 12:35
I wonder which smash hits I'm going to send.

AshleyWright
9th April 2015, 12:36
I wonder which smash hits I'm going to send.

Kitty brucknell.

Schlagerman1
9th April 2015, 12:48
Just one place left now, so hurry up and join now and maybe the first semi may even start late tonight! :D

tuorem
9th April 2015, 16:26
Just one place left now, so hurry up and join now and maybe the first semi may even start late tonight! :D

We're so close to full house now! :D

Schlagerman1
9th April 2015, 16:29
And all places has been taken, will announce which of your choices that got entered in about 15 mins! :D

Schlagerman1
9th April 2015, 16:40
Okay I can tell you that all participants will get their first two choices, except one, and that is Carrie, who happen to send two songs from the same year as her first two choices so her 2nd one is removed and the third one comes in place.

So all participants, prepare for the start of the first semi late tonight! :D
anselm AshleyWright CaraMia Carrie cassio DaFlo EDC0708 EscGeek Jonaxh lavieenrose MARCOMEN RainyWoods revallsay Stargazer SuperGirl tuorem

AshleyWright
9th April 2015, 16:41
OMG YES. xwoo I was so sure I wouldn't get my first one.

tuorem
9th April 2015, 16:45
Let's get this party started xcheer

DaFlo
9th April 2015, 16:47
2 hot songs from me xheat

EscGeek
9th April 2015, 18:28
Mine are so obvious....8-)

lavieenrose
9th April 2015, 18:29
Mine are probably not too hard to figure out, either.

RainyWoods
9th April 2015, 18:30
One of my choices is for fun, the other is to win with MWAAAAHHAAAHHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I love both my choices thoughxlove Neither are Opera Skaala levels of obvious. One you should be able to work out if you've seen me heaping praise upon it before. The other i've only recently discovered and never talked about, but you'll probably be able to put two and two together.

Can't wait for this to startxheat

lavieenrose
9th April 2015, 18:31
It'll take a miracle for either of my songs to make Second Chance.

ParadiseES
9th April 2015, 20:10
Oh I was sendimg my PM and just realised it's all full. One can't have a distraction here :(

tuorem
9th April 2015, 20:58
RainyWoods Did you recover from Jo Zette's outrageous non-qualification? :)

RainyWoods
9th April 2015, 21:04
RainyWoods Did you recover from Jo Zette's outrageous non-qualification? :)

No, i'm still recovering from the shock now. I've written the names down of those that did not reward Jo Zette their 12 and am getting ready for revenge. Justice for Jo Zette.

tuorem
9th April 2015, 21:10
No, i'm still recovering from the shock now. I've written the names down of those that did not reward Jo Zette their 12 and am getting ready for revenge. Justice for Jo Zette.

These people should be condemned to listen to a "Leto Svet/Probka" mash-up on repeat for at least a week. Then they would recognize honest songs and acts like Jo Zette.

revallsay
9th April 2015, 21:11
These people should be condemned to listen to a "Leto Svet/Probka" mash-up on repeat for at least a week. Then they would recognize honest songs and acts like Jo Zette.

I am sorry, but listening to 'Lato Svet' would be the prize, a great pirze, not a punishment.

tuorem
9th April 2015, 21:17
I am sorry, but listening to 'Lato Svet' would be the prize, a great pirze, not a punishment.

I was waiting for someone to defend it :mrgreen: For you, it'll be "Probka" only then :mrgreen:

revallsay
9th April 2015, 21:19
I was waiting for someone to defend it :mrgreen: For you, it'll be "Probka" only then :mrgreen:

well, the worst punishment for me would be Mashup of Undo and Nina's Warrior :lol:

lavieenrose
9th April 2015, 21:20
well, the worst punishment for me would be Mashup of Undo and Nina's Warrior :lol:

Send it over!

tuorem
9th April 2015, 21:20

I take note and see what I can do :mrgreen:

Schlagerman1
10th April 2015, 01:10
The first semi is now up! :D It is short deadlines, this ends on Sunday at 18 CET so you better vote while you can! :D

tuorem
10th April 2015, 01:57
OMG this game is much fun! :D thank you for the concept Schlagerman1 I wish I had participated in the first festival.
I'm currently listening to the songs and it's so great to mix countries and years. Tbh I'm discovering interesting songs, yay!

You should organize another Festival after this one 8-)

DaFlo
10th April 2015, 07:03
It started xheat
Really good semi!

Schlagerman1
10th April 2015, 12:40
EDC0708 your inbox is full, but I can tell you that I have counted your votes! :D

DaFlo
10th April 2015, 13:49
EDC0708 your inbox is full, but I can tell you that I have counted your votes! :D

same goes for yourself :D

Schlagerman1
10th April 2015, 14:09
same goes for yourself :D

Oops fixed now! :oops:

AshleyWright
10th April 2015, 15:13
Voted. :D Not the best semi. :? Wasn't a massive fan of any of the entries.

tuorem
10th April 2015, 18:18
Voted too xcheer Can't wait for the first results!

cassio
10th April 2015, 19:13
I can't wait either....... very good songs, so, a tuff decision has been made.....

Schlagerman1
10th April 2015, 23:46
I've got as many as 10 voters so far! :D There is still time, but remember that you only have till Sunday on you! ;)

Schlagerman1
11th April 2015, 14:20
With less than 28 hours to go, I will send some reminders! I have got 11 votes, but still votes from these people:
Jonaxh MARCOMEN RainyWoods revallsay Stargazer SuperGirl

Don't miss out voting guys! :D

Schlagerman1
11th April 2015, 23:30
From 11 to 12 votes! :D Remember that the deadline ends at 18 CET and not 23, like it usually does for those who are used to join my other contest. :mrgreen:

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 07:55
Just voted. I'm afraid I don't share the same enthusiasm most people seem to have for this first heat. I can't say that I really like anything here. There were two songs though that I found myself enjoying for the wrong reasons, one is particularly charming and would perhaps be a grower upon listening to it more (only listened to all the songs twice thus far). I actually ended up giving a song I hate pretty decent points, just because I felt it was only right to do so, considering the other songs that were competing. I hope things pick up in the next round. I'm sure it will.

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 12:19
I have 13 votes now when it is less than 6 hours to vote! Results will be revealed right after the deadline! ;)

tuorem
12th April 2015, 12:53
Just voted. I'm afraid I don't share the same enthusiasm most people seem to have for this first heat. I can't say that I really like anything here. There were two songs though that I found myself enjoying for the wrong reasons, one is particularly charming and would perhaps be a grower upon listening to it more (only listened to all the songs twice thus far). I actually ended up giving a song I hate pretty decent points, just because I felt it was only right to do so, considering the other songs that were competing. I hope things pick up in the next round. I'm sure it will.

Yes, for the most part, I didn't feel the "heat" either. :D Apart from one song that I moderately enjoy and that I could have sent actually. :o The rest goes from OK to meh to eww imo. However, while I hope I'll like more songs in the next rounds, I think there may be enough decent finalists out of this semi if the voting does not mess things up. :lol:

cassio
12th April 2015, 15:08
I liked almost every song except 2 of them. I think that those who submitted the songs have a very good taste :p some of them would IMO have done very well in the ESC and maybe even better than the winner of the respective national finals of that year. I even found myself giving high points to countrys I have never voted for before.

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 17:08
Got 15 votes when it is about 50 mins till the deadline ends, soon we will find out which songs that goes to the final and which songs that has to go through the 2nd chance! :D

tuorem
12th April 2015, 17:48
10 mins left! My body is ready xcheer

AshleyWright
12th April 2015, 17:50
I'm excited to see who has made it through, but depending on how well the other semi's go, none of these will do well with me in Second chance and the final.

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 17:53
Deadline is almost over, but I see that two participants revallsay and MARCOMEN is online and I have to grab a sandwich, so the results will begin at 18:10ish, so you have 10 mins extra to vote guys! ;)

cassio
12th April 2015, 18:09
allmost 18.10 ish...... can't wait its like christmas eve when I was a kid

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:12
I don't know where MARCOMEN went, so I guess it will be 16 votes in the end! :D Announcing the top 5 in just a bit...

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:16
The top 5 are (in running order):

“Uden Dig” Sanne Gottlieb
”Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad” Sandra Nurmsalu
”Busy Doin’ Nothing” Ace Wilder
“I Won’t Give Up” Omar Naber
”Fire” Julia Sandu

6th “Changes” Simona Armstrong
7th “Sonny” Varius Manx
8th ”Mina Jään” Lenna

revallsay
12th April 2015, 18:17
pffff, the only song i liked is out.

tuorem
12th April 2015, 18:18
8th for Lenna? :?

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 18:18
Varius Manx should have been top 5:(

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:19
Time to announce the first finalist...it is...

Song number...

4! ”Busy Doin’ Nothing” Ace Wilder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGHFKHjniY

AshleyWright
Massive surprise there...

RainyWoods
That first finalist was extremely obvious. The next one is very open.

tuorem
12th April 2015, 18:20
Sweden of course

AshleyWright
Lol the UK didn't come last.

Schlagerman1
The first song that will go to the 2nd chance in Nicosia, Cyprus, is...

Song number...

7! ”Fire” Julia Sandu

cassio
12th April 2015, 18:21
"Con grats" Sweden

AshleyWright
12th April 2015, 18:21
Estonia 2014 is probably the next finalist.

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:22
The 2nd one that will also go to the 2nd chance in Nicosia is...

Song number...

1! “Uden Dig” Sanne Gottlieb

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 18:22
The eurotrrraaaa... ermm delight advances to 2nd chancexheatxlove

I hope Denmark wins the other spot in the final.

Edit: Oh, well 2nd chance for them is still good:p

tuorem
12th April 2015, 18:23
Oh, really! :o

cassio
12th April 2015, 18:23
Yessssssss great go Sanne

AshleyWright
12th April 2015, 18:24
Denmark in Second Chance. :(

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:25
So It is in the end between two former Eurovision entrants, Sandra Nurmsalu and Omar Naber...and the one, that grabs the 2nd place in the big final is...

Song number...

3! ”Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad” Sandra Nurmsalu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxF9ZxEFm5g

tuorem
12th April 2015, 18:26
Wow, I didn't expect Omar to miss out :o

AshleyWright
Another huge shock... :rolleyes:

Schlagerman1
So the results looks like this:

Final: Sandra Nurmsalu and Ace Wilder
2nd chance: Sanne Gottlieb and Julia Sandu
5. Omar Naber
6. Simona Armstrong
7. Varius Manx
8. Lenna

The 2nd semi will be up within an hour! :D

SuperGirl
12th April 2015, 18:27
Wohoooooooo!!!! I'm superhappy. The best songs goes directly to final!! Go Sandra and Ace!!! :Dxyes

cassio
12th April 2015, 18:27
Uhh...... not Omar but Sandra ..... well "con grats" Estonia

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 18:33
I can't believe i'm saying this but Ace actually deserved the final if I compare everything about her song/performance to the others here. I'm still years later trying to work out just what it is about Sandra that makes her such a fan favourite. I find her music quite tepid. The 2nd chance winners are the two here I enjoyed most, one for the wrong reasons and the other genuinely had something quite charming about it. I can't really complain about the results. Poland and the other Estonian entry deserved to be higher though.

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 18:38
Wow that went fast, but the 2nd semi is already up! :D I will be away tomorrow and will be home late on tuesday, but you can vote the whole time if you want, but it might be so that the reminders may come later than usually, so remember to vote early if you are unsure about managing to vote before after it. Deadline ends on Wednesday! :D

DaFlo
12th April 2015, 18:45
great results :) xyes

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 18:45
That second semi..........

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk6japFUAi1qixleeo1_400.gif

Someone actually went and picked Eva Diva.

DaFlo
12th April 2015, 18:50
oh god what an... awful semi xD
normally I would skip this round but there is one certain song is wanna see advancing :D

AshleyWright
12th April 2015, 19:06
Wow. 4 massive mega hits, and 4 complete waster filler songs.

RainyWoods
12th April 2015, 19:09
Wow. 3 massive mega hits, and 5 complete waster filler songs.

You need to change those "3 massive mega hits" to a 4, and I think the remaining 4 are all very decent/fun as well. It's going to be hard for me to vote here.

AshleyWright
12th April 2015, 19:13
You need to change those "3 massive mega hits" to a 4, and I think the remaining 4 are all very decent/fun as well. It's going to be hard for me to vote here.

Changed :D It was typo. xshifty I'm less enthusiastic about this semi final.

revallsay
12th April 2015, 19:20
I already have my TOP3 xheat don't know the order yet, though.

cassio
12th April 2015, 21:27
Hmmm they are all from the national finals for Eurovision and not the auditions for X-Factor ???? :?

cassio
12th April 2015, 21:40
:o Scandal :o

1999 Entry from Germany: Hör den Kindern enfach zu

Won the national final that year........ I demand that She is disqualified (again)

from Wikipedia:

Her final breakthrough came in 1999 with the German preselections for the Eurovision Song Contest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest). She won, but her song “Hör den Kindern einfach zu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%B6r_den_Kindern_einfach_zu)” ("Just listen to the children") was disqualified because it was already released on an album by someone else. Her second try was in 2000 with the song “I Believe in God”, which finished in second place.

What a scandal

Schlagerman1
12th April 2015, 22:06
:o Scandal :o

1999 Entry from Germany: Hör den Kindern enfach zu

Won the national final that year........ I demand that She is disqualified (again)

from Wikipedia:

Her final breakthrough came in 1999 with the German preselections for the Eurovision Song Contest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest). She won, but her song “Hör den Kindern einfach zu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%B6r_den_Kindern_einfach_zu)” ("Just listen to the children") was disqualified because it was already released on an album by someone else. Her second try was in 2000 with the song “I Believe in God”, which finished in second place.

What a scandal

I have decided to let that song entered, cause it didn't qualify to Eurovision, even if the song was disqualified despite winning. I have also decided to include the Georgian entry, despite not even Georgia did compete in ESC 2009. I don't even think it is such a big fuss about this, I have let things be pretty open, cause in the end it is all about remembering songs that didn't get to be in Eurovision despite being in a national final. And about your post earlier, I have allowed audition performances as well, as long as it has to be in the show for Eurovision.

Carrie
12th April 2015, 22:19
Congrats to Julia Sandu for making 2nd chance! She should have won though I knew Sandra and Ace would get into the final.

tuorem
12th April 2015, 22:52

What a scandal

Lol she entered the national final with a cover? :lol:

EscGeek
12th April 2015, 23:08
Lol she entered the national final with a cover? :lol:

well...she should've read the rules of eurovision first...oh wait https://www.memelets.com/assets/memes/pffftttchh-d440c5c4e352a16138cee8cdc357fa2d.png

tuorem
13th April 2015, 02:11
EscGeek It seems karma punished her anyway since she came second the year after :lol:

CaraMia
13th April 2015, 20:44
Lenna in 8th place? And Julia Sandu making it to the second chance? I usually don't use gifs, but a situation like this demands it...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120702011303/glee/images/6/6a/Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

Other than that, expected qualifiers.

Carrie
13th April 2015, 20:54
Lenna in 8th place? And Julia Sandu making it to the second chance? I usually don't use gifs, but a situation like this demands it...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120702011303/glee/images/6/6a/Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

Other than that, expected qualifiers.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/7cae34a53dbcb27848fbd7c1babf74b5/tumblr_n5srn7pg541qac1soo5_250.gif

Schlagerman1
14th April 2015, 21:35
Now I am finally back, so you will get your sweet reminders! :D I have now 5 votes, so these are the ones that is left:
AshleyWright Carrie cassio EDC0708 Jonaxh lavieenrose MARCOMEN RainyWoods revallsay Stargazer SuperGirl tuorem

You have now about 20 hours and 30 minutes left to vote! :D

cassio
15th April 2015, 02:14
xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3 Sorry it took so long to send xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3 my votes, but I have been xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3 ever since I head the songs (more than 24 hours now)

and now it only hurts (in the middle of the night in the light of the day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na2qDYmm7LM

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 10:13
With less than 8 hours left I have now 9 sets of votes! So hurry up if you want your votes to be counted! :D

tuorem
15th April 2015, 13:24
cassio Seems like you had difficulties making a proper ranking :mrgreen: too many good songs, maybe

cassio
15th April 2015, 13:56
@cassio (http://www.escunited.com/member.php?u=5174) Seems like you had difficulties making a proper ranking :mrgreen: too many good songs, maybe

xrofl3xrofl3

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 14:09
I have now 11 votes with only 4 hours left to vote. It is still very tight in this semi, every vote may change one or two places so if don't miss out to vote! ;)

DaFlo
15th April 2015, 14:37
im hyped for the results.. well kinda, but just because we get a new semi then :D

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 17:02
One hour left to vote, got 12 votes, hurry up and vote guys! Results will be revealed just after the deadline! :D

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 17:03
omg need to vote. *panics*

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 17:08
Voted. xlove

SuperGirl
15th April 2015, 17:13
Voted.

lavieenrose
15th April 2015, 17:48
Gahhhh I had a busy couple of days and spent most of my Eurovision-focused time on my intro post! Sorry, everyone; I'll be back for the next one :)

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 17:54
This round is genuinely exciting. We know Ukraine are more than likely sailing through but the other spots could be filled by anyone..... almostxheat

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 17:59
I'll cry if Zlata makes it through.

tuorem
15th April 2015, 18:00
I think there are two very likely qualifiers and two very likely non qualifiers, the rest is very open :)

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:01
Deadline is now over, we got 14 voters! Results in a bit! :D

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:05
We will begin by announcing the top 5, they are, in running order:

“Come And Fight For Freedom” Eva Diva
“The Kukushka” Zlata Ognevich
“Someday” Hera Björk
“Dlinnaja-Dlinnaja Beresta I Kak Sdelat’ Iz Nee” Buranovskiye Babushki
”Don’t Panic” Liquid Gold

6th “Hör Den Kindern Einfach Zu” Corinna May
7th ”Suze Za Kraj” Danica Krstic
8th “I Want You Back” Anri Jokhadze

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 18:06
Liquid Gold and Eva Diva made the top 5..... I can't control myselfxheat

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:08
The first song from this semi, that will go straight to the final in Lisbon is...

Song number...

3! “The Kukushka” Zlata Ognevich!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-V4a0UV42M

DaFlo
15th April 2015, 18:08
my 10 pointer out :O
well Im only caring about my 12 points anyway

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:10
Now, the first song that goes to the 2nd chance in Nicosia is...

Song number...

1! “Come And Fight For Freedom” Eva Diva!

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 18:11
Eva Diva still fighting for that Freedomxlove

cassio
Great I gave this "ding" song from Ukraine 10 points too

DaFlo
Not directly to the Final? SCANDAL

Schlagerman1
The other song that will go to Nicosia is...

Song number...

4! "Someday" Hera Björk!

cassio
15th April 2015, 18:12
Eva Diva xshock1

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 18:12
Come on Liquid Gold...xpray

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 18:13
Eva diva going through.

xwoo xcheer xfruit

Zlata going through.

xboring xcry1 xslap

Hera going through

xwoo xcheer xfruit

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:14
So it is between the grannies and a song that is just a bit younger than themselves. Buranovskiy Babushki or Liquid Gold, which song will go to the final in Lisbon...and the 2nd finalist is...

Song number...

6! ”Don’t Panic” Liquid Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA9dCUJ2NYk

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 18:15
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-15-2015/TLwLZe.gif

cassio
15th April 2015, 18:16
Yesss Panic !! She has the most believable eyes ...... I believed her all the way though the song

Schlagerman1
So final results:

Final: Zlata Ognevich and Liquid Gold
2nd chance: Eva Diva and Hera Björk
5th Buranovskiy Babushki
6th Corinna May
7th Danica Krstic
8th Anri Jokhadze

Next semi to come up in a while! :)

SuperGirl
Crap no respect for the grannies... Buuuuuh.:(

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 18:17
"Don't Panic" in the top 2. xheat

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 18:18
These results are pretty much as wondrous as can be. I'm so happy with them. I didn't expect Liquid Gold to go straight to the final but am over the moon with how they somehow managed it. Disco is alive! I love Zlata's song. Eva Diva as we all know is an icon and Hera Bjork's song is rather charming.

Sad for Anri in last thoughxcry1

cassio
15th April 2015, 18:18
This is gonna be a tuff andrachance two danish songs against Eva Diva xthink

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 18:21
This is gonna be a tuff andrachance two danish songs against Eva Diva xthink

Eva Diva obviously the better of all 3.

DaFlo
15th April 2015, 18:22
good results in the end :D

Schlagerman1
15th April 2015, 18:26
The third semi is now up, live from Tallinn, Estonia! :D Deadline to vote ends on saturday! :)

DaFlo
15th April 2015, 18:27
hot and lovely semi xheat xlove

cassio
15th April 2015, 18:33
Eva Diva obviously the better of all 3.

There are too many brits amongst the voters.....

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 18:47
Semi 3. xheat One massive mega hit in there.

cassio
15th April 2015, 18:54
Voted

this round was easy

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 19:21
This is a really interesting semi with five songs that I haven't heard before but what sound really interesting from just listening to the recap. As for the three I already know, two I like, one i've always strongly disliked but i'll try and play it fair. In the first round I ended up giving 6 points (I think) to a song I strongly disliked as I thought it was only fair, based on it's overall quality, slickness and what it was surrounded by.............. nah, the one I hate in this round is so getting my 0xqueenbitch

DaFlo
15th April 2015, 19:46
votes sent xheart

AshleyWright
15th April 2015, 19:54
Voted. xlove

EscGeek
15th April 2015, 20:06
you should totally do third edition after that :P

and shame on all of you for preferring Hera Bjork over Anri anyone placed from 5th-8th xqueenbitch

RainyWoods
15th April 2015, 20:36
Thank you to the person that blessed us with Anri's beautiful song. Whoever you are, you are our forums very own treasure and we love you ever so muchxlove I hope Anri has other ESC hits and will be back again with us soon. Justice for Anri and Jo Zette.

anselm
15th April 2015, 20:49
My 12 Anri was robbed ;_;

CaraMia
15th April 2015, 20:59
The Georgian national final of 2009 was really weird. Some people saying that they didn't wanna "put in" and others wanting Stalin back. :lol:

Voted. This third semi is very strong.

Stargazer
15th April 2015, 23:05
Meh, not a fan of the qualifiers. :? So sad the beautiful song by Corinna May is out. xcry1

RainyWoods
16th April 2015, 02:48
I just want to say a huge thank you to someone. I don't know who you are, but whoever you are..... you're amazing. Someone has sent a song here so epic, I can't even believe it. I'm in love with it. I can't of course give away what the song is, but a small clue. The country the song is from has the letter A somewhere in it's spelling.

I can't breathe, it's so goodxheat

Schlagerman1
16th April 2015, 12:11
I have got 5 votes so far! :D Still time to vote, so do it while you can! :D

Schlagerman1
16th April 2015, 23:46
Still is on 5 votes, tomorrow afternoon reminders will be sent out! ;)

Schlagerman1
17th April 2015, 11:21
Time to send out some reminders left! You all have now about 1 day and 6 and a half hour left to vote!
anselm Carrie EDC0708 EscGeek Jonaxh lavieenrose MARCOMEN RainyWoods revallsay Stargazer SuperGirl tuorem

revallsay
17th April 2015, 12:31
I have problem with access to the forum at home and I can't vote at work. If I don't have problem with connection at home, I'll vote.

tuorem
17th April 2015, 13:12
Well, sorry for my delayed comment since I couldn't access the forum for a few days now. As for the semi 2, I'm satisfied with the qualifiers overall, even though I thought the direct qualifiers would have been the second chance ones and vice versa. As for semi 3, it sounds stronger than the previous ones, I enjoyed 5 songs there, too bad some of them won't advance to the finals. There is a real diversity in terms of genre this time, it's really nice. Looking forward to the results, it's going to be tense. xheat

Schlagerman1
17th April 2015, 22:23
I have got 9 votes so far! You still have tomorrow on you to vote! ;)

cassio
17th April 2015, 23:15
I have problem with access to the forum at home and I can't vote at work. If I don't have problem with connection at home, I'll vote.

Ok, else let me know..... I'll be happy to vote for you :mrgreen:

RainyWoods
18th April 2015, 10:24
I'm ordering my votes now but i'm having a really difficult time. Five songs here that i'm very fond of, one of which i've fallen in love with, so that's an easy 12. The others though I am having difficulty ordering. Even my bottom three i'm having a tough time with. I don't know whether like last week I should award the song I strongly dislike points, just based on it's overall quality or not.

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 11:40
12 votes so far with just a little more than 6 hours to go! I may be late for the results tonight, I am not sure yet, but if I am not here by 18 CET, you still are avalible to vote till I start presenting them! :)

DaFlo
18th April 2015, 12:23
results today xpray

lavieenrose
18th April 2015, 16:48
This was a very good semi. There wasn't a song that completely had my socks knocked off, but I only disliked one of the songs.

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:15
There, now I am at least ready to give you the results! :D Will start announcing it very soon. We got 14 voters! ;)

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:18
First I announce the top 5...in running order:

”Una Finestra Ta Le Stelle” Annalisa
”Papagena” Gruppe Papageno
”Olet Uneni Kaunein” Johanna Kurkela
”When We’re Flying High” Hedvig Hanson & Mac McFall
“En Godt Stekt Pizza” Staysman & Lazz

6th ”Nebo” Slobodan Trkulja & Balkanopolis
7th ”In The Club” Danny Saucedo
8th “Umbadá” Jorge Fernando

RainyWoods
18th April 2015, 20:19
Gruppe Papagenoxprayxheat

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:20
The first song that qualifies to the final is...

Song number...

2! ”Una Finestra Ta Le Stelle” Annalisa

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h7cqb

DaFlo
18th April 2015, 20:21
xyes xheart xlove

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:22
The first song that goes to the 2nd chance is...

Song number...

6! ”Olet Uneni Kaunein” Johanna Kurkela

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:24
The 2nd song that will go to the 2nd chance is...

Song number...

3! ”Papagena” Gruppe Papageno

AshleyWright
18th April 2015, 20:25
omg. Glad I noticed this before it was all over.

RainyWoods
This is pretty obvious now. Everyone's favourite Italian dish has got this in the bag.

AshleyWright
This is pretty obvious now. Everyone's favourite Italian dish has got this in the bag.

Norwegian dish now. xheat

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:27
So it is between two duos... Hedvig Hanson & Mac McFall and Staysman & Lazz....

The winner of the two, and the one that will follow Annalisa to the final is...

Song number...

8! “En Godt Stekt Pizza” Staysman & Lazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bZb8utdo0

DaFlo
these two qualifiers xheat

AshleyWright
OMFG YES. xcheer xcheer

xfruitxfruit

AshleyWright
18th April 2015, 20:29
Amazing qualifiers, all of them were in my top 4. xwoo

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 20:29
So final results:

Final: Annalisa and Staysman & Lazz
2nd chance: Gruppe Papageno and Johanna Kurkela
5th Hedvig Hanson & Mac McFall
6th Slobodan Trkulja & Balkanopolis
7th Danny Saucedo
8th Jorge Fernando

Next semi will come up late tonight! ;)

RainyWoods
18th April 2015, 20:38
Amazing qualifiers, all of them were in my top 4. xwoo

Yeah, brilliant results. Almost my top 4. "Nebo" missed out but I really like the song that passed in it's place.

tuorem
18th April 2015, 20:53
Ok, good results overall. xcheer Nice performance from Estonia and Serbia, they missed out due to the imbalance between semis imo, the choice was difficult.

cassio
18th April 2015, 20:59
The problem with the Norwegian song is that I actually understand what they are singing ...... therefore I gave them 0 points

RainyWoods
18th April 2015, 21:02
Ok, good results overall. xcheer Nice performance from Estonia and Serbia, they missed out due to the imbalance between semis imo, the choice was difficult.

Yes, I think for sure this has been the strongest semi. I liked the second one for all the wrong reasons and the first one I thought was actually surprisingly weak. This third one genuinely had a good handful of very strong songs. I'm glad the ones I like managed to make it but it's a bit sad for Serbia. Estonia I enjoyed but I didn't think it was great, the same with Portugal.

I'm excited to see what the final round will have to offerxheat

tuorem
18th April 2015, 21:12
Yes, I think for sure this has been the strongest semi. I liked the second one for all the wrong reasons and the first one I thought was actually surprisingly weak. This third one genuinely had a good handful of very strong songs. I'm glad the ones I like managed to make it but it's a bit sad for Serbia. Estonia I enjoyed but I didn't think it was great, the same with Portugal.

I'm excited to see what the final round will have to offerxheat

I had Serbia quite high in my ranking too, it'll be interesting to see who voted for what after the grand final by the way xthink

I can't wait either for the last round of "new" songs to be revealed. xheat

AshleyWright
18th April 2015, 21:34
The problem with the Norwegian song is that I actually understand what they are singing ...... therefore I gave them 0 points

u wot

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 21:48
So the 4th and last semifinal is now up! :D An interesting bunch with some old fan-faves, crazy trumpete women and a song made by the swedish star Robyn. :o Deadline ends on tuesday! :)

DaFlo
18th April 2015, 22:11
interesting semi xthink
2 songs are better than the rest for me, but my other points are open at the moment

EscGeek
18th April 2015, 22:16
the strongest semi yet :o

and "mandoline" is from 2006 btw

Schlagerman1
18th April 2015, 22:18
the strongest semi yet :o

and "mandoline" is from 2006 btw

Oops, corrected! :)

anselm
18th April 2015, 23:04
Lindita, Electric Fence, EKO and Mad Show Boys in one semi. I'm dying xheat

cassio
19th April 2015, 03:37
xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

Schlagerman1
19th April 2015, 16:00
Three votes so far! Still time to vote! ;)

CaraMia
19th April 2015, 21:53
"Nebo" in ESC would have been something astonishing. I believe Serbia would have won ESC 2007 both with "Molitva" (like it happened) or "Nebo". It really was their year.

Except for two songs, this fourth semi-final is quite even.

tuorem
20th April 2015, 12:50
To me, the 3rd semi was stronger than this one. I guess there are enough worthy potential qualifiers though
I don't know why but I feel like decent songs may miss out, I hope not.

AshleyWright
20th April 2015, 16:09
Voted. :D

Schlagerman1
20th April 2015, 18:04
These people have about 24 hours on them to vote in the semi!
anselm cassio EDC0708 EscGeek Jonaxh lavieenrose MARCOMEN RainyWoods revallsay Stargazer SuperGirl tuorem

I have got 5 votes, but I need you all to vote within these 24 hours! :D

tuorem
20th April 2015, 21:58
Voted. xcheer

cassio
20th April 2015, 22:55
Voted xhii

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 08:56
Got 9 votes and it is 9 hours left to vote! After the results tonight, I will announce 2 surprises for this edition, so be ready for it! ;)

tuorem
21st April 2015, 12:49
Surprises? xlove I hope they are good ones!

EDC0708
21st April 2015, 13:08
Voted!

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 15:12
I have ten votes so far, with less than 3 hours to go! :D

Jonaxh
21st April 2015, 15:41
I forgot to vote!! Now I'm at work and can't hear the songs... Sorry... :(

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 15:43
I forgot to vote!! Now I'm at work and can't hear the songs... Sorry... :(

aww It's okay, just be back for the 2nd chance! :D

SuperGirl
21st April 2015, 15:55
Voted!! :D

lavieenrose
21st April 2015, 16:12
Voted - what a strong group.

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 17:02
13 votes now and it is just 1 hour to go, hurry up if you haven't voted yet! :D

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 17:52
Deadline is almost over, but I will grab something to eat for dinner now, so results will problably start around 18:10-18:15. :)

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:04
Okay so we have got 15 votes in this semi, results to begin in a few minutes! :D

DaFlo
21st April 2015, 18:07
result hype :O

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:09
First I will as always announce the top 5...and they are in running order...

”Chocolatte” Raffaela
“S’të Fal” Lindita Halimi
“Mandoline” Saša Lendero
“Red” EKO
”Emilia” Electric Fence

6th “Music Thief” Mad Show Boys
7th “Vardlokk” Helene Bøksle
8th ”Du Gör Mig Hel Igen” CajsaLisa Ejemyr

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:11
The first song of the two, that will go straight the big final in Lisbon is....

Song number...

6! "Red" EKO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8Kwl5FtLk

revallsay
21st April 2015, 18:13
terrible qualifier.

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:13
The first song that will go to 2nd chance in Nicosia is...

Song number...

3! “S’të Fal” Lindita Halimi

DaFlo
21st April 2015, 18:14
Eko :?

not expected
not happy

Lindita only secong chance xshock

revallsay
21st April 2015, 18:15
The first song that will go to 2nd chance in Nicosia is...

Song number...

3! “S’të Fal” Lindita Halimi

http://one-org.s3.amazonaws.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:15
And the 2nd song, that will follow Lindita to Nicosia, it is...

Song number...

5! “Mandoline” Saša Lendero

tuorem
21st April 2015, 18:16
Is this real? :lol:

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:18
So it is a battle between Raffaela and Electric Fence about the last place that will go straight to the final in Lisbon...and the song that will be heard there is...

Song number...

8! ”Emilia” Electric Fence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCuRHiqCfGE

revallsay
21st April 2015, 18:19
so dissapointed.

DaFlo
21st April 2015, 18:19
WHAAAAT xshock

you are trolling us right?

tuorem
21st April 2015, 18:20
These results xpuke

anselm
21st April 2015, 18:25
Oh wow Electric Fence DTF :o:oxheart And EKO too xcheer

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:28
So the final results are as follows:

Final: EKO and Electric Fence
2nd Chance: Lindita Halimi and Saša Lendero
5th Raffaela
6th Mad Show Boys
7th Helene Bøksle
8th CajsaLisa Ejemyr

So now, about my two surprises for this edition. Last edition, the songs in the 2nd chance were randomly put in 4 duels with a 3rd place and a 4th place from different semis up against each other. It will be like that this edition too, but not only 4 songs qualify from the 2nd chance...5 will actually! There is a new thing called "Lucky Loser" which is a song in the 2nd chance that lost it's battle, but qualifies with getting the most points out of all four losers. That requires that when you vote in the 2nd chance, you will not only vote for the fave in each duel, you have to give points to all songs like in a normal semi.

The 2nd suprise, is something called "Winner's choice". Last edition revallsay sent in the winning song "Fiddler On The Deck" by Santiano and as prize for doing that, she will pick a non-qualifying song that will join the other 13 in Lisbon! She can choose any of the songs that went out or is in the 2nd chance (though if she choose one of these, she has to give me reserve entries in case her choice do qualify). The only songs she cannot choose is the ones that she have been picking herself! Otherwise she can pick which she ever liked of the other ones! I will send her a list of the songs that is avalible to choose in a bit.

So in the end 14 songs instead of 12 will compete in Lisbon! The 2nd chance will be up in a bit! ;)

tuorem
21st April 2015, 18:32
Schlagerman1 you never dissapoint xlove awesome surprises, more fun and another chance for songs that failed.

RainyWoods
21st April 2015, 18:32
I genuinely liked all the songs here... but Lindita only got second chance?xwhat

Eko's "Red" is wonderful though. I'm happy to see that passing through especially after how dreadfully it did at Melodifestivalen last year. I think it's a real nice piece of Synthpop. I like Electric Fence as well. I remember routing for them back in 2013 but I had missed most of the performances when I joined the NF stream. When the results were revealed, I was like "WHAT!? Why the hell did they not win, who is this!?!?". Then a certain man stepped on stage for his winning reprise and I was like... :rolleyes:xqueenbitch

Really surprised to see Helene 7th. I thought she'd be one of the two qualifying to the final. It must have been pretty close points wise I imagine.

SuperGirl
21st April 2015, 18:39
Heléne only 7th?? xshock :(

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:48
The 2nd chance is up and remember, vote first for your fave in each duel, and later, rank all songs and vote in the usual semi-style. Deadline ends on Friday! :D

DaFlo
21st April 2015, 18:55
voted, easy decisions

tuorem
21st April 2015, 18:56
Schlagerman1 I didn't understand how to vote this time: if we have to vote for our fave in each duel, does that mean that our 12, 10, 8 and 6 points should be distributed in all the duels?

Schlagerman1
21st April 2015, 18:58
Schlagerman1 I didn't understand how to vote this time: if we have to vote for our fave in each duel, does that mean that our 12, 10, 8 and 6 points should be distributed in all the duels?

First you vote for your fave in each duel, you just have to write which song you prefer in the match. Then I also want you to rank all 8 songs, just a like a normal semi. Your duel faves doesn't have to be 12, 10, 8, 6, you can distribute those however you want. :)

tuorem
21st April 2015, 19:11
First you vote for your fave in each duel, you just have to write which song you prefer in the match. Then I also want you to rank all 8 songs, just a like a normal semi. Your duel faves doesn't have to be 12, 10, 8, 6, you can distribute those however you want. :)

Thank you, I got it. :)

Carrie
21st April 2015, 19:13
Raffaela out?! The votes are rigged!