PDA

View Full Version : If you could add one country to the Big 5

USVision
19th March 2015, 01:42
Let's say the EBU makes the decision to add a 6th country to the 'Big' group, making a Big 6.
What country would you want to see join?

*I only included countries that have participated in this decade*

FoxOfShadows
19th March 2015, 01:44
Vatican City xqueenbitch

SpZ
19th March 2015, 02:01
How about none?

doctormalisimo
19th March 2015, 02:22
My answer: Albania
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia/Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
FYR Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Montenegro
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine

Then, split this Big 44 into 2 semis :o

Carrie
19th March 2015, 02:40
::sk duh.

Krishoes
19th March 2015, 02:43
That's a tough question!!! :o

If we have to choose according to economic criteria I think that Russia could be a Big 6 (I don't know if Russia pays more than the others in this poll but I think so) but... maybe I would choose Sweden. I think that this nordic nation has the biggest passion for the contest.

whiteshoes
19th March 2015, 02:58
I chose Sweden. It's a very successful country, ESC seems to be extremely popular there and of course they have an massive influence cause lots of songs every year are made by Swedish producers.

Franco
19th March 2015, 03:11
I would give it to the land of Margaret Berger, for providing us with the best Eurovision entry ever. xbow

RainyWoods
19th March 2015, 08:41
I say Russia, not because I love their entries, but because they're automatically in the final anyway each year. With them as part of a big 6, it would clear up a space for another country to make it each year. Also, we all know how big a country Russia is. Kind of surprised they don't already contribute the kinds of money you'd imagine that would allow them this privilege? They are probably smart. They know they can handle the semis each year.

ZoboCamel
19th March 2015, 08:45
Agreeing with the sentiment that Russia is the most logical choice here, followed by probably Sweden. Both almost always qualify, probably contribute more money than others, etc. etc. That said, I don't entirely agree with the Big 5 anyway; I'd rather have something like two semis with 20 songs, each of which gives 12 or 13 qualifiers, and the host country as the only auto-qualifier.

Dante
19th March 2015, 10:37
I agree with the comments above, but in a way Russia is already in the "big 5". If it were for me, I would just anihilate this idea of Big 5, Big 6, big whatever. I know it's not possible, but it's just annoying to see in some years how countries who deserve do qualify do not, but instead we have a Big 5 country who comes with a song worse than some of those who didn't qualify.

cassio
19th March 2015, 18:04
I agree with the comments above, but in a way Russia is already in the "big 5". If it were for me, I would just anihilate this idea of Big 5, Big 6, big whatever. I know it's not possible, but it's just annoying to see in some years how countries who deserve do qualify do not, but instead we have a Big 5 country who comes with a song worse than some of those who didn't qualify.

I agree with you I would go so far to say that I am against a big something ....... Instead only the host country should have the honer to be direct qualified for the final

Kaz
20th March 2015, 07:09
Obviously ::sm or ::bg.

ayzelto
20th March 2015, 15:13
::se

popavapeur
20th March 2015, 20:50
I do remember a list I saw… it was the biggest contributors and Russia came in the ten first but not the sixth one.
My memory isn't as good as i wanted to be but i think The Netherlands are the 6th biggest contributor, 7th Belgium (as it's my country, i remembered it - but the at the time i saw that list, Italy wasn't there yet, so they were 5th and 6th)
The last was Moldova (sure about it)

greece
25th April 2015, 18:32
::sm

tuorem
25th April 2015, 19:37
::sm xqueenbitch

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/913544ztumblrn4uf4knNfu1twcyp1o1400.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=913544ztumblrn4uf4knNfu1twcyp1o1400. gif)