PDA

View Full Version : Things we have yet to see in an ESC entry....

Fluke
23rd April 2014, 19:59
So here's a list of things that theoretically could have been in an entry, but never have been so far. What more can you think of?

An entirely unaccompanied solo singer.... there have been two "a cappella" entries, but they were both 6-piece vocal groups.

An entirely spoken, as opposed to sung entry, though there's quite a few with pretty long spoken parts in it.

An entry with the vocal performer(s) entirely hidden - "Love Symphony" had the singer hidden for most of the time, until the end.

An entry with some kind of robot, or video displayed character as a performer, not necessarily without live human performers on stage. Ukraine 2012 had some dancing figures, but they weren't really a major part of it.

A lead performer of East Asian descent - there may have been some obscure one long ago that i don't know about, but i don't think so.

A performer being submerged in water, in one way or another - i'm surprised nobody's used some kind of pool or perhaps a transparent tank, but there's rumours we'll see water on stage somehow this year.....

An entry using the cameras as a part of the staging, like JEM in Melodifestivalen this year - Ukraine 2011 had a live camera being projected onto the screen, but they didn't move the camera itself in any way.

The same artist representing 2 different nations - i know it couldn't happen, and would probably break rules somehow, but it's still funny as hell to consider.

An operatic bass, or alto as lead singer - may actually have been some in the 60s or so, but not recently.

A midget artist - Lithuania had one in the finals a few years ago, and Alf Poier would probably have had one on stage if he had won for Austria in 2005.

A male-on-male kiss - surprised there hasn't been one yet, though there might have been one outside of the actual entries.

A female-to-male drag act - really surprised there hasn't been one yet.

lilka
23rd April 2014, 20:08
Animals on stage! :lol:
(But rules must be changed)

Salmon
23rd April 2014, 20:19
An entry which doesn't just use dubstep as a gimmick, but as a genre the whole focus is put on.

(Igranka was pretty close to that though)

doctormalisimo
23rd April 2014, 22:16
A lead performer of East Asian descent - there may have been some obscure one long ago that i don't know about, but i don't think so.

Anggun (France 2012) is Indonesian.

Terence
24th April 2014, 00:05
Wasn't there a brief male-male kiss in ::il 2000?

Sean
27th April 2014, 20:26
A male-on-male kiss - surprised there hasn't been one yet, though there might have been one outside of the actual entries.

2013 Interval Act

Kaja
28th April 2014, 17:26
The same artist representing 2 different nations - i know it couldn't happen, and would probably break rules somehow, but it's still funny as hell to consider.

That would almost happen in 2003, when Ich Troje first won in Poland and then tried to represent Germany. They finished 6th in the German preselection.

SRBIJA
2nd May 2014, 17:51

Backing vocalists don't count I pressume? Because Martina Majerle who represented Slovenia in 2009 is a backing vocalist for Montenegro this year (and take note that she is actually from Croatia making this even more interesting :lol:).

EscGeek
2nd May 2014, 18:20
Animals on stage! :lol:
(But rules must be changed)

http://helpfortheheart.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/hamster-wheel.jpg xrofl3

EscGeek
2nd May 2014, 18:23
Backing vocalists don't count I pressume? Because Martina Majerle who represented Slovenia in 2009 is a backing vocalist for Montenegro this year (and take note that she is actually from Croatia making this even more interesting :lol:).

I think he meant in a same year because many singers represented two different nations :rolleyes:

Fluke
4th May 2014, 22:05
Also one of the Trackshittaz is half Chinese.

Peter Gabriel had a whole bunch of stage gimmicks i've never seen attempted in ESC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh80jJNgRrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2hY6Fetw0

LoveHate
7th May 2014, 10:28
http://helpfortheheart.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/hamster-wheel.jpg xrofl3

Ukraine has been reading this thread I suppose.

Fluke
7th May 2014, 20:48
And at least in the modern age, we haven't seen an entry where the entire song is shown as a closeup on the singer - that would be something to try, i guess....

Fluke
13th May 2014, 22:01
We haven't seen a song with all wordless vocals - some in a nonsense language, but none entirely without words.

And we've yet to hear a song celebrating polygamy - that's the next frontier to push....

EscGeek
17th May 2014, 14:05
unexpected burp :D

Terence
19th May 2014, 21:14
unexpected burp :D

Or with farting sounds!

Evalngelion
30th May 2014, 04:35
Me performing on the Stage with the Azeri Sash xD.

Just for give them their first bottom 5, but Dilara did it , so No needed..

randajad
30th May 2014, 11:04
Azerbaijan having an Azerbaijani entry in Azeri.
Oh, and Belarus having an Belarusian entry in Belarusian.

doctormalisimo
31st May 2014, 02:18
And Austria having an entry in Austrish

Sean
31st May 2014, 04:01
And Austria having an entry in Austrish

2012 hihi

anselm
31st May 2014, 12:03
2012 hihi

1971, 1996 and 2003 were in local dialects too (and maybe others as well, I dunno)

EscGeek
31st May 2014, 14:38
1971, 1996 and 2003 were in local dialects too (and maybe others as well, I dunno)

anselm
31st May 2014, 14:57

But 1999 was in English :'D

EscGeek
31st May 2014, 15:01
But 1999 was in English :'D

oh,you meant austria only.... I was talking about Lithuanian entry:mrgreen:

Kaz
4th June 2014, 10:12
What about an on-stage haircut? I don't know what song it would ever be able to be incorporated into...and the rehearsals would be pretty difficult...but it would still be entertaining! :D

zoyuxi
19th August 2014, 16:56
A fully instrumental piece. I understand that live instruments are not allowed, but perhaps the rules could be modified for potential instrumental entries. If you think about it, an instrument "takes the place" of the voice in an instrumental piece--so perhaps a backing track could still be used, and the lead instrument(s) play live, if that makes any sense. And instrumental pieces often allow for complex patterns that would be hard to incorporate in a sung song.

A song about an artist's personal experience with mental illness.

I'd love to see more a cappella entries too.

Rayman
24th August 2014, 14:39
A song in Welsh sent by UK
A song in Occitan sent by France or Italy
A song related to one of the world wars.
A song sung by a singer playing a dead person (no Lordi doesn't count)
A song in Japanese.

FoxOfShadows
27th August 2014, 21:54
A song sung by a singer playing a dead person (no Lordi doesn't count)

Switzerland 2007?

Rayman
27th August 2014, 22:38
Well, I was thinking about a true sad song, for example someone remembering his days when he was alive or the beloved ones left after his death.
A bit like this (I know, it's just a version of a famous poem but it is so beautiful !)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_1DpStgzhY

cassidian
3rd September 2014, 22:52
More than 6 people!

zoyuxi
3rd October 2014, 21:29
A song in Chinese.

aletem
4th October 2014, 09:58
A song in Aromanian/Vlach
A railway crossing as part of the choreography
Windows as part of the choreography
Nurse costume/clothes

randajad
5th October 2014, 12:39
A song in Azerbaijani by Azerbaijan. :mrgreen:

FoxOfShadows
10th October 2014, 19:07
Nuns (although that could soon change)

Nikoreindeer1973
18th November 2014, 13:16
Cologne dialect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsCRwsDK5c

Fluke
24th January 2015, 18:24
We have yet to see a christmas themed song in the ESC, though "Fairytale" was kind close in a way.

Carrie
24th January 2015, 19:10
A UK singer from a territory.

tuorem
24th January 2015, 23:35
It's very unlikely, but I would say a kpop group. I'm wondering how it would fare at Eurovision (with outfits, choreography and stuff).

Carrie
25th January 2015, 01:49
It's very unlikely, but I would say a kpop group. I'm wondering how it would fare at Eurovision (with outfits, choreography and stuff).

How perfect would this be??! Auto votes from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med2XipHJJM

tuorem
25th January 2015, 02:22
Carrie Kpop is particularly inventive since they work by themes : a song has its own choreography, its own outfits and visuals. And catchiness is privileged. A solid group with good vocals would be innovative on an ESC stage, but what kind of country would have that idea? :? I'm wondering.

r3gg13
25th January 2015, 03:45
Complete silence.

CPV4931
25th January 2015, 17:29
Complete silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OX7CWIU_9g (00:38)

At least Norway tried it in 2010 ;-)

edit: Was during interval act of course

tuorem
25th January 2015, 21:32
Or an acapella song. Not like Belgium 2011, just one person singing without music during 3 mins :)

Rayman
26th January 2015, 20:29
A song related to one of the world wars.

CHECKED now (France 2015)

zoyuxi
30th January 2015, 04:09
Or an acapella song. Not like Belgium 2011, just one person singing without music during 3 mins :)

YES YES YES I'm a sucker for anything a cappella, including this. It'd feel like a more intimate performance setting, just that person's voice. The audience quiet until the end of the song.

also
- overtone singing (singing 2 notes at once)

anselm
30th January 2015, 11:47
- overtone singing (singing 2 notes at once)

Austria 2015 xheat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4BJ3wng6Mk

zoyuxi
2nd February 2015, 02:50
A choral entry.

Ooh, following on OP's mention of an operatic bass singer, how about a basso profondo singer? As the soloist? :idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpD2Cspn6g

popavapeur
24th February 2015, 01:16
Carrie Kpop is particularly inventive since they work by themes : a song has its own choreography, its own outfits and visuals. And catchiness is privileged. A solid group with good vocals would be innovative on an ESC stage, but what kind of country would have that idea? :? I'm wondering.

It is funny and strange that we never see a kpop inspired music yet in Europe or USA (and ESC of course). The "recipe" of a kpop group is not hard to make even if i'm not sure if people here will receive the fun of kpop as a fan of kpop did. Buuuut there are some songs who really fit the contest (Dream Girl - SHINee, Kill Bill - Brown Eyed Girls, every T-ara songs). The big problem is : strong vocals and a good choreography at the same time (so we expect many members (6), but many members = no back singers) the only bands who manage all these "problems" are "old" bands with a lot of experience (Girls'Generation) so hard to make for ESC. We can create 6 Carola (from 1991), they could jump, dance and sing at the same time.

tuorem
24th February 2015, 03:29
popavapeur Yes, Kpop is a particular concept: overall we're not that fond of groups in Europe and we're much less creative when it comes to the "whole package" I was talking about in the post you quoted. Indeed, since Kpop is all about catchiness, fun and visuals, I guess it would be nice to see something in the like someday.

There could be about 3/4 members and 2 backing singers. You don't have to do a headstand or somersaults to have an effective choreo, quite often simple moves are enough. But let's be honest, it's very unlikely to see an actual Kpop group or a Kpop-inspired one at Eurovision. :(

popavapeur
24th February 2015, 18:48
tuorem
I think, when countries will forget their egos and will be open to learn from others we'll see a kpop lookalike band in europe. Because the songs are not all "asian" : they're made by scandinavians and americans sometimes (I'm thinking about a Norwegian agency). We have a lot of graphic designers to make the whole package bankable… and the goal in these songs is to be catchy at first listen (Results of the hundred bands who make a debut during the year, you have to catch people very quickly) so that's perfect for ESC.

Only a dream haha!

tuorem
24th February 2015, 21:33
popavapeur
Yes, I know all of that. I meant the concept itself (catchy song with a theme, choreos, outfits, scenery, etc.) is particularly common in Korea, compared to Europe. I know a lot of Swedes write songs for them (like for many American singers), so yeah, there is nothing "Korean-sounding" most of the time (apart from the language). But it's refreshing to me, I respect them because their music scene is very active, modern and creative: the contrary of the French music scene actually.

popavapeur
25th February 2015, 01:12
popavapeur
their music scene is very active, modern and creative: the contrary of the French music scene actually.

Specially that part :D (as I'm French speaking too ;) )

Fluke
7th March 2015, 01:14
We haven't seen a non-English entry translated with subtitles, shown either on the screen or superimposed on the broadcast....

We haven't seen an entry involving (on stage) or concerning the sauna, something that would surely be popular with us Nordics if it was attempted....

Pretty sure we never had a female rapper, or have we?

Milos-BC
7th March 2015, 09:01

We had one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDODRlSJyoE

Matt
7th March 2015, 09:03
Triplets, we never had triplets on stage, right? There must be a trio out there that can also sing.

SpZ
7th March 2015, 17:04
We haven't seen a non-English entry translated with subtitles, shown either on the screen or superimposed on the broadcast....

I am quite sure they do it for all songs in Estonia and Finland.

Fluke
8th March 2015, 15:27
We had one here

Yeah, and it was the first ever rap entry too, i didn't remember the female member rapping. There hasn't been one since though.

We haven't had a romantic male duet or a explicitly male-to-male love song, but we had the lesbian equivalent of the latter in 2013 with "Marry Me", and kind of the former with t.A.T.u. in 2003.

Kaz
21st March 2015, 07:57

We almost had Dolly Style :lol:

tuorem
21st March 2015, 13:52
We almost had Dolly Style :lol:

Dolly Style was no K-pop material, t'was more an old schlager to me :lol: Even though several K-pop songs are written or co-written by Swedes, it didn't sound and looked like them.
I won't tell you what I really think about that entry though :mrgreen: I'm not into raw talk today! As I said, if we were to see a K-pop inspired song in Eurovision, it should be made by people who know what it's like, travesties are often dull. :)

Fluke
12th April 2015, 20:53
We've never seen an entry featuring the oud, at least not on stage.... or maybe there's been one long ago? From Greece perhaps?

We've never heard an entry done entirely in "chiptune" style, though there's been some with hints of it, "Opa", "Baila Chiki Chiki", "Igranka" and "Woki mit deim Popo" among others.

wyq614
15th April 2015, 22:34
The appearance of CHINESE LANGUAGE in the stage of ESC!

popavapeur
16th April 2015, 02:27
The appearance of CHINESE LANGUAGE in the stage of ESC!

not as a song but did you think on pilou's attempt to speak kind-of chinese last year? (many times)

wyq614
16th April 2015, 15:04
not as a song but did you think on pilou's attempt to speak kind-of chinese last year? (many times)

Well, I meant to say "as a song"...

And something was incorrect there as the host said "In China, Emmelie was called xiao hudie among the fans, it means "little butterfly"

I don't know the source but Emmelie has never been called xiao hudie, her nickname is gongzhu (princess).

DanielLuis
16th April 2015, 15:12

We haven't seen an entry involving (on stage) or concerning the sauna, something that would surely be popular with us Nordics if it was attempted....

As someone mentioned before, Estonia and Finland translate the lyrics of the songs in the broadcast.
Also, Hungary projected the lyrics in English in the screens back in 2013.

AshleyWright
16th April 2015, 16:38
The BBC also put up the lyrics on BBC red button. I don't know if they did it last year, but the definitely did in 2009.

popavapeur
16th April 2015, 18:25
wyq614 i don't think it was a "true" fact, just a joke not really funny. Like a running gag about using chinese a last time.

12Points
18th April 2015, 17:31
More than 6 people!

Even if it wasn't really more than 6, Finland 2013 did it by exchanged the male backing dancers to female when they performed :)

Yeah, but she isn't an East Asian, she is South East Asian, which is different :)

Fluke
26th May 2015, 22:21
We haven't seen an entry involving roller skates or skateboards on stage. (There might be some very tiny use that i haven't noticed, but nothing major.)

There's never been an entry where the singer gets held up by others to "swim" or just face up while singing, like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/21/article-1288239-0A208C32000005DC-111_634x353.jpg

There's never been an entry using paint, or some colored substance to make a total mess on stage.

There's never been choreography involving a "fake slow motion" effects, like at 2:22 in this MF entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coczEeLjnyo

There's never been a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

zoyuxi
27th May 2015, 18:20
Triplets, we never had triplets on stage, right? There must be a trio out there that can also sing.

How about...3 sets of twins at once?

NeonProject
29th May 2015, 17:40
We haven't seen an entry involving roller skates or skateboards on stage. (There might be some very tiny use that i haven't noticed, but nothing major.)

Montenegro 2014?

LesterMalvo
31st May 2015, 06:51
There's never been an entry where the singer gets held up by others to "swim" or just face up while singing, like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/21/article-1288239-0A208C32000005DC-111_634x353.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vhw8Jfd.png

Close enough?

zoyuxi
18th June 2015, 18:06
Maybe more unusual time signatures?

Math rock anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY1we7AX3m0

niko
23rd June 2015, 21:26

Slovenia 2008 :rolleyes:

EscGeek
26th September 2015, 12:59
Pope Francis is releasing an album in november....:D imagine him representing Vatican xfaint

niko
27th September 2015, 20:54
There's never been choreography involving a "fake slow motion" effects, like at 2:22 in this MF entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coczEeLjnyo

There's never been a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

Armenia 2008. Thank God we haven't seen a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

Fluke
30th December 2015, 00:12
We haven't seen an entry with an outright "false ending" before the actual ending, though a few like Belarus "Mum" from 2006 came kinda close.

We haven't seen an entry in the form of a fictional national anthem, though there's been some in fictional languages like "Sanomi" which were kind of anthemic....

We haven't seen an entry using some kind of interactive audience participation, via Twitter for example, being shown on stage.

We haven't seen an entry featuring a "siamese twin suit" for two or more people, like this one....

http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn.se/wp-content/blogs.dir/266/files/2014/02/Bild-2014-02-15-kl.-14.58.40.jpg

We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more.

We haven't seen an artist replaced entirely right before the deadline, performing the same tune - same artist with different tune, several times, but never the other way around.

We haven't seen a song in the form of 2 or 3 really short, entirely separate tunes. Technically there's nothing to forbid it, as long as the whole package is under 3 minutes, and it would be entirely possible and not all that strange for some genres like punk and traditional European-style folk, which frequently has tunes that short, and i'm really curious how that would be recieved.

anto475
31st December 2015, 05:53
An entry with some kind of robot, or video displayed character as a performer, not necessarily without live human performers on stage. Ukraine 2012 had some dancing figures, but they weren't really a major part of it.

An entry using the cameras as a part of the staging, like JEM in Melodifestivalen this year - Ukraine 2011 had a live camera being projected onto the screen, but they didn't move the camera itself in any way.

A female-to-male drag act - really surprised there hasn't been one yet.

Latvia 2006

Not too sure what you mean by this, but would the end of Belarus 2014 fit that description?

Lithuania 2015

Latvia 2002!!

A song about an artist's personal experience with mental illness.

Norway 2014?

I do remember one like this, I can't remember who did it, but I do remember it. Also Greece 2005?

tuorem
2nd January 2016, 23:27
I do remember one like this, I can't remember who did it, but I do remember it. Also Greece 2005?

Ukraine 2009, Svetlana had that in her choreo.

anto475
3rd January 2016, 03:24
Ukraine 2009, Svetlana had that in her choreo.

bingo!!! also i suppose Latvia 2013 might kinda fit that description, with the crowd surf?

LesterMalvo
9th January 2016, 05:08
bingo!!! also i suppose Latvia 2013 might kinda fit that description, with the crowd surf?

Plus Turkey 2006 and Armenia 2011 have done something like that.

anto475
2nd March 2016, 00:57
We have yet to see this (http://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/post/140297340911/air-fountain-kinetic-installation-by-daniel), though I'm sure it'll feature heavily once the kinks get ironed out.

AuroraBorealis
2nd March 2016, 01:01
We have yet to see this (http://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/post/140297340911/air-fountain-kinetic-installation-by-daniel), though I'm sure it'll feature heavily once the kinks get ironed out.

This is amazing.. whoa

tuorem
6th March 2016, 22:55

Fantastic, it would make an awesome staging (with a simple choreography, an artist could literally interact with the fabrics). Incredible how they remain within this circular platform. (Justs, if you read us... xshifty)

Stargazer
7th March 2016, 21:56
We haven't seen an artist replaced entirely right before the deadline, performing the same tune - same artist with different tune, several times, but never the other way around.
Well, we've technically had that. With some of Sweden's early entries, a different artist than the one who won MF was sent to ESC. 1959, 1960 and 1961 for example.

They do this in Finland (or at least did). Maybe other countries as well.

Fluke
8th March 2016, 00:58
Well, now we got the first East Asian performer, Australia's Dami Im!

And Macedonia's Daniel Kajmakoski did a "fake slow motion move" in 2015, in an otherwise disastrous entry....

anto475
13th March 2016, 21:36
Well, now we got the first East Asian performer, Australia's Dami Im!

And Macedonia's Daniel Kajmakoski did a "fake slow motion move" in 2015, in an otherwise disastrous entry....

First East Asian performer was actually Anneke Gronloh who represented the Netherlands in 1964!!

anto475
11th April 2016, 22:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfU8VN7vLo

We are yet to see this amazing tech being used either!! Once these go mainstream then I'm expecting more than fireworks and projection-dresses from acts!!

cegs5
11th April 2016, 22:46
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but afaik we are yet to see a FtM (Female to Male Transexual/Transgendered person) singer.

Vespertine
13th April 2016, 08:01
This applies only to winners, but we haven't had a guitarist male solo act win yet (we've already had Lenny Kuhr and Nicole).

We also haven't had a pianist female solo act win yet either (Udo Jurgens won for Austria in 1966)

internaldisputes
14th April 2016, 18:51

kazakhstan turkvision 2014 used this technique if i'm not mistaken.

and they won. :D

LesterMalvo
17th April 2016, 12:33
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but afaik we are yet to see a FtM (Female to Male Transexual/Transgendered person) singer.

Who is he?

cegs5
17th April 2016, 12:42
Who is he?

Well we haven't seen him yet.

anto475
18th April 2016, 23:16
We also haven't had a pianist female solo act win yet either (Udo Jurgens won for Austria in 1966)

Have we even had that many female solo pianists enter? I can't think of a lot, MayaSar, Molly Sterling.....I can't actually think of any others tbh?

esc87fan
18th April 2016, 23:56
Have we even had that many female solo pianists enter? I can't think of a lot, MayaSar, Molly Sterling.....I can't actually think of any others tbh?

Paula Seling? She played piano in 2010

Karhu
19th April 2016, 00:30
We haven't seen an entry with an outright "false ending" before the actual ending, though a few like Belarus "Mum" from 2006 came kinda close.

::be 1967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeHEbdqKaE

anto475
19th April 2016, 00:44
Paula Seling? She played piano in 2010

But she wasn't a soloist

Vespertine
19th April 2016, 06:58

I've got those two, plus Maria Guinot in 1984.

And if we're including notable ladies on pianos that aren't solo acts, then we've got the German entry in 1988 and that ticked off girl in Greece 1981 :P

Edit: "An entry with the vocal performer(s) entirely hidden - "Love Symphony" had the singer hidden for most of the time, until the end."

Do backing singers that contribute significant parts count? Then I would imagine that UK 1984 would classify as the first one to do this. Although from what I hear, apparently UK 1983 did the same thing...

Edit2: "We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more."

Finland 1998? It's the same 7 words, over and over again.

Karhu
19th April 2016, 14:06
Edit2: "We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more."

Finland 1998? It's the same 7 words, over and over again.

Also Belgium 1983.

GianlucaTomoe
20th April 2016, 19:40

What about ::no 1971 and ::cy 1992?

tuorem
26th April 2016, 01:44
We have yet to hear an entry that's heavily inspired by ancient classical music. Having a classically-trained soloist or duet sing a chamber music-sounding elegy would be beyond awesome in my opinion.

Operatic crossovers have generally done fairly well in the past, so there's definitely room for a purely classical piece of music (without any Eurotrash elements in it). If written well, that could be a real standout!

novitopoli
10th May 2016, 19:27

Hmm...:D

blartashura
10th May 2016, 19:45
Probably men dancing in heels, I can't remember anyone did that yet like this: ( Correct me if I am wrong )
https://49.media.tumblr.com/4c4de68a6285892741d908660bc769b7/tumblr_mxddzxOtpx1sr9z69o1_500.gif

Fluke
24th March 2017, 20:35
Surprised we haven't seen this tried yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQaGjTPyeo

hawadharma
29th March 2017, 23:47
Did ESC ever have any stunts in the water? I mean, involving the singer/dancer jumping into a water tank or some sort like that?

In Malaysia, we did have such gimmick for our version of national song award.
The song did not win but of course, he wins best performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imu92-0vmu8

And did you ever have any haircut session on the stage in ESC? Well, we have it as well, from the same singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-IKXzUPebI

hawadharma
29th March 2017, 23:55
And have ESC ever pulled out a staging so full of people you can make a village there?

We have. But of course this is not allowed in ESC because of the 6 person rule. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwmXX7-CafE

LesterMalvo
30th March 2017, 00:32
And have ESC ever pulled out a staging so full of people you can make a village there?

Wasn't Ukraine 2012 close enough? :P

jimijoop
20th April 2017, 17:51
We haven't see song about Jesus in Eurovision yet.

jimijoop
20th April 2017, 18:14
What about an on-stage haircut? I don't know what song it would ever be able to be incorporated into...and the rehearsals would be pretty difficult...but it would still be entertaining! :D

Moldova 2014

BernadetteCydonia
25th October 2017, 01:41
Fully Latin song. True, the pronouncation can be butchered, but at least an effort to bring back a language that used to be wildly used and stuff.

hmmm maybe I can do it...