PDA

View Full Version : Turkey TURKEY 2015 - not taking part

Pages : [1] 2

escYOUnited
22nd April 2014, 23:27
http://www.theodora.com/flags/new/tr.gif

TRT General Manager: Turkey will not return in 2015 | ESCunited.com (http://www.escunited.com/home/trt-general-manager-turkey-will-not-return-in-2015/)

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:33
Please be back!!! :(

Jim
22nd April 2014, 23:34
It is rumored that Turkey will return in 2015, let's see... xpray

Sean
22nd April 2014, 23:36
I think they should be back but I'd never doubt TRT to change their mind :twisted:

AshleyWright
22nd April 2014, 23:36
omg no. I will die if they return.

GRE
22nd April 2014, 23:37
I am not sure they will come back,
its 50-50 at the moment,in my opinion.

Jim
22nd April 2014, 23:37
omg no. I will die if they return.

Why...? :confused:

AshleyWright
22nd April 2014, 23:39
Why...? :confused:

While I liked some of their songs, I hated the "arrogance" of the broadcaster. Then moaning about the new voting system (because they failed to qualify, what other logical reason would it be). I've preferred eurovision without them.

Matt
22nd April 2014, 23:39
According to wikipedia

Though TRT (http://www.escunited.com/wiki/Turkish_Radio_and_Television_Corporation) announced that Turkey would not be participating in the 2014 Contest (http://www.escunited.com/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2014) making it the second year of their withdrawal, it was later reported that a return in the 2015 Contest is possible.[10] (http://www.escunited.com/#cite_note-10) In February 2014, the Eurovision event supervisor Sietse Bakker (http://www.escunited.com/wiki/Sietse_Bakker) tweeted about the possibility of the country's return

Sean
22nd April 2014, 23:47
The only English source I've seen that hints at them coming back was Oikotimes :lol:

doctormalisimo
22nd April 2014, 23:50
The only English source I've seen that hints at them coming back was Oikotimes :lol:

"source"

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:50
Gülşen or Atiye pls. xqueenbitch

Sean
22nd April 2014, 23:51
"source"

Well exactly. I hate that shite

Jim
22nd April 2014, 23:53
While I liked some of their songs, I hated the "arrogance" of the broadcaster. Then moaning about the new voting system (because they failed to qualify, what other logical reason would it be). I've preferred eurovision without them.

I agree with you, but I want them back, they have very good songs every year! :D

Nathan
23rd April 2014, 01:35
Gülşen or Atiye pls. xqueenbitch

^What he said.
Wouldn't mind Hadise again, either.
Rather someone new, though :P

greece
23rd April 2014, 07:13
Actuallythey willcome back but is too soon to say it....they will make surprize

Sabiondo
24th April 2014, 10:08
If Armenia wins the next year, i doubt that Turkey wants to return, since the next year will be the anniversary 100 of the Armenian Genocide and could be a uncomfortable moment for then beginning harassed with questions about the taboo subject..

Happiness
25th April 2014, 23:27

Yes, they annoy most of us too, especially recently. But I must admit that they have done something beyond them in past years. They sent singers really very hard to convince. Sertab Erener, Atena, Kenan Doğulu, Mor ve Ötesi, Hadise and Manga were the most popular singers in their Eurovision periods in Turkey. For example, Hadise was like Turkey's Rihanna in 2008 and onwards for a long time. I doubt if any other broadcaster ever could have done it. We could be like The Netherlands in Eurovision, thankfully we didn't be. And its all up to TRT and their highly costed representers. I just want old TRT and their efford back.

dragvision
29th April 2014, 22:46
we know if Turkey brodcast eurovision?

Happiness
30th April 2014, 20:03
we know if Turkey brodcast eurovision?

They said they would and they sent delegations but now I checked the website of TRT and no TRT channel includes Eurovision semi final 1 on 6th. They may upgrade the program later or they may broadcast only grand final on 10th, don't know.

Happiness
11th May 2014, 01:32
And so that's how TRT won't decide to come back in 2015 either :lol:

PashonFrut
11th May 2014, 03:26
Missing Turkey in this contest. It's time to come back already

greece
11th May 2014, 07:08
It is time to come back Turkey, Azerbaijan needs you in the bad performances

Quent91
11th May 2014, 15:07
Will Turkey come back after a beared woman won the stuff ?

Sean
11th May 2014, 16:09
Will Turkey come back after a beared woman won the stuff ?

I don't think this kind of thing is a major problem in Turkey like it is in Russia etc.

AshleyWright
11th May 2014, 16:10
Not sure ^ Wouldn't bother me if they decided to stay out though...

PashonFrut
11th May 2014, 16:16
It is time to come back Turkey, Azerbaijan needs you in the bad performances

For the 12 points you mean? No way. Bad performances need bad results. To give 12 points to a bad performance would be shameful. Turkey should not come back for the sake of giving 12 points to Aze. That was most certainly not my intention. I only want countries to come back so we can have diverse entries.

PashonFrut
11th May 2014, 16:21
With something like this please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5J6-bCMz3Y

greece
11th May 2014, 16:49
For the 12 points you mean? No way. Bad performances need bad results. To give 12 points to a bad performance would be shameful. Turkey should not come back for the sake of giving 12 points to Aze. That was most certainly not my intention. I only want countries to come back so we can have diverse entries.

I was kidding I didn't mean it ofc :D

PashonFrut
11th May 2014, 16:54
I was kidding I didn't mean it ofc :D

you trolled me right there :lol:

:twisted:

greece
11th May 2014, 16:56
you trolled me right there :lol:

:twisted:

xqueenbitch :lol:

CrimTV
11th May 2014, 17:43
Found this comment on another site:

TRT News just spoke to the director of TRT who slammed Conchita. "It is offensive to those in Turkey to see, we are glad we did not choose to participate or broadcast it" He then went on to say last night's result made it even clearer that TRT's decision to pull out was the correct one and that they would absolutely not return whilst entries like this are competing".

He did say that the offer is open to another Turkish broadcaster to take over if they want to participate in this "freak" show.

dragvision
11th May 2014, 17:58
yes, they are the real reason who turkey are withrew, probabily since this country dont change the party at the power dont see a comeonback

AshleyWright
11th May 2014, 18:15

TRT News just spoke to the director of TRT who slammed Conchita. "It is offensive to those in Turkey to see, we are glad we did not choose to participate or broadcast it" He then went on to say last night's result made it even clearer that TRT's decision to pull out was the correct one and that they would absolutely not return whilst entries like this are competing".

He did say that the offer is open to another Turkish broadcaster to take over if they want to participate in this "freak" show.

Oh wow. I thought Turkey was much more tolerant than that. I guess we wont see them back for 2015.

DanielLuis
11th May 2014, 18:17

So glad they are staying out, if this is true. Hopefully TRT won't return in the next 10 or so years, until they finally realize we are now in the 21st century.

greece
11th May 2014, 18:21

Please Turkey... :? Even Azerbaijan, Belarus and Russia has accept Conchita but you are still stuck? So bad...:?

Quent91
11th May 2014, 18:28
TRT is just like Erdogan. Attatürk would die of a heartattack if he saw what became Turkey nowadays...

Happiness
11th May 2014, 18:31

That's fake.

CrimTV
11th May 2014, 18:33
Is it? I take no responsibility I got it from another ESC site. (Not Oikotimes lol)

Happiness
11th May 2014, 18:36
Of course it is. I have just checked TRT's news website to be sure. That has nothing to do with any peace of truth.
Yes, Turkish public is not so welcome to homosexuality, but we are not that close minded. Less than you think. Last night I've seen on Twitter
-especially by LGBT supportive profiles- that Conchita has massive supporter in here, including me.

ParadiseES
11th May 2014, 19:47
I think Conchita's winning didn't help to get Turkey back, if they were returning for 2015...

Mlyn
11th May 2014, 19:53
Oh wow. I thought Turkey was much more tolerant than that. I guess we wont see them back for 2015.

Unpleasant....

Archer
12th May 2014, 14:55
TRT is just like Erdogan. Attatürk would die of a heartattack if he saw what became Turkey nowadays...

Isn't that a little bit too dramatizing?

I also like how some people here try to portay Turkey as the only country whose majority of the society would kinda be "omg" about Conchita. As if the Eastern Europe, as well as other parts in Europe is totally fine with that... Just because their delegations kept quiet it doesn't mean anything.

Also, I wonder why I couldn't find any source in Turkish for that news about TRT. Might be cause it's totally fake. Some people like fabricating such stuff about Turkey to denigrate her image, obviously. And apparently nobody remembers that Turkey hosted Eurovision in 2004 where a country performed a gay show on the stage. Or; they pretend as if that never happent for obvious reasons. As a matter of fact; people set the standards too high for Turkey when it comes to tolerance and such (without taking Eastern Europe into consideration); and when Turkey fails to compete with Western Europe, Turkey automatically becomes Saudi Arabia. First they should take a look at how gays were treated when Russia hosted Eurovision and compare that to 2004. Well, LGBT parades are held every year in Turkey with excessive amount of participation and no troubles. People like ignoring these facts.

Anyways; I hope we will return. My enthusiasm for ESC has died down since we withdrew... (Haven't posted here since the beginning of the last summer)

Sabiondo
12th May 2014, 19:43
Please Turkey... :? Even Azerbaijan, Belarus and Russia has accept Conchita but you are still stuck? So bad...:?

They not fully acepted Conchita at all.. even the Russian facebook has much introlerance to her..

greece
12th May 2014, 19:45
They not fully acepted Conchita at all.. even the Russian facebook has much introlerance to her..

Yes not all the people can accept her, but seeing the televoting results you will understand that they are in a good way

DanielLuis
12th May 2014, 19:47

The televoters did vote for her though.

Sabiondo
12th May 2014, 20:09
Yes not all the people can accept her, but seeing the televoting results you will understand that they are in a good way

Not really, look

http://cs614726.vk.me/v614726295/aa7d/Xl2k0rAn00o.jpg

Sabiondo
12th May 2014, 20:11
The televoters did vote for her though.

They voted on their performance, but not by his loook..

greece
12th May 2014, 20:11
Not really, look

http://cs614726.vk.me/v614726295/aa7d/Xl2k0rAn00o.jpg

I said not everyone can accept her, but seeing her do that well in televoting is positive

Archer
12th May 2014, 20:24
They voted on their performance, but not by his loook..

Which is the right thing to do. This is a song contest.

I also feel that many people voted for Conchita just because he was kinda "unique" and "different". Personally I believe that he didn't deserve to win but that's just my view. It was disgusting how the audience booed Russian performers who had nothing to do with their delegation's behaviours. Gay fanaticism at its finest.

NOTE: inb4 people accuse me of homophobia; I'm for gay marriage.

Mrm
13th May 2014, 00:41
I want a woman who sang "Rimi rimi ley" in Athens to return! xlove

It's simply a MUST!

Happiness
13th May 2014, 00:42

It's simply a MUST!

Better we stay away...

Mrm
13th May 2014, 00:44
Better we stay away...

http://www.eurovisionary.com/files/images/G%C3%BClseren.jpg

STOP IT!

It's a MUST!

Jim
13th May 2014, 00:47

It's simply a MUST!

It was in Kiev.

Mrm
13th May 2014, 00:48
It was in Kiev.

Yeah, I'm extremely sorry! :)

Jim
13th May 2014, 00:49
Yeah, I'm extremely sorry! :)

Sorry, for what...? It was just a mistake... :D

Happiness
13th May 2014, 00:51
http://www.eurovisionary.com/files/images/G%C3%BClseren.jpg

STOP IT!

It's a MUST!

You are making me laugh :lol:

I remember someone saying "Are our taxes gone for her?"

Mrm
13th May 2014, 00:52
http://www.xexer.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/05ab1_Turkey_Eurovision_15054000_b89e0bc84a.jpg

She has SUPERPOWERS!! She is actually a colorful POWER RANGER!!

xfaint

Mrm
13th May 2014, 01:10
Happiness

Now seriously, I fail to understand why is it so bad?

I ADORE that entry, choreography and costumes are BRILLIANT, vocal could be a bit better, but even that is not a big problem at all in that entry..

It has real Turkish ethnic elements from Anatolia..it's my fave Turkish entry EVER, after maNga of course..

Happiness
13th May 2014, 01:19
Happiness

Now seriously, I fail to understand why is it so bad?

I ADORE that entry, choreography and costumes are BRILLIANT, vocal could be a bit better, but even that is not a big problem at all in that entry..

It has real Turkish ethnic elements from Anatolia..it's my fave Turkish entry EVER, after maNga of course..

We -as majority of Turkish public- don't find that entry serious. All she is about to do is screaming over and over again, while lyrics make no sense.

"That's not love, that's not love [by another word], that's melancholia"

When I type "Rimi Rimi Ley" to google, the first suggestion is "... songwriter". And yes, that's not something we expect.

When it comes to talk about Turkey at Eurovision in 21st century on programmes, generally they skip 2005 & 2006 and directly get Kenan Doğulu from Athena. xshrug

Mrm
13th May 2014, 01:23
Well all right Happiness.. It makes me a bit sad, tbh, but hey ho xshrug.. I thank to a person who provide us Anatolian elements to ESC in 2005!

Then, and probably NEVER again.. ;) :)

Smudy
13th May 2014, 01:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4UdbmfIFAc

<3 <3 <3

GRE
14th May 2014, 14:12
I dont have good news.

Turkey: “Will No Longer Participate” In Eurovision | Eurovoix (http://eurovoix.com/2014/05/14/turkey-will-no-longer-participate-in-eurovision/)

BGN
14th May 2014, 14:14
Again unconfirmed news by the broadcaster. Source of the information is website, claiming that Director-General of TRT has said that, but as far as I remember turskish member of our forum said that there is nothing like that.

Quent91
14th May 2014, 17:14
So sad, no more guaranteed 12 points for Azerbaïdjan :(

Sean
14th May 2014, 17:35
Well if they're not coming back then oh well... I don't exactly miss them that much but it'd be nice if they did come back.

JackBauer
14th May 2014, 18:08
What is really annoying me is the feeling Turkish's government is totally behind this and not the broadcaster or Turkish people.

Broadcaster should get some balls sometimes. It mustn't have been easy for ORF and IBA to choose and support Dana and Conchita, but still they went for it.

Turkish people are much more open minded than they seemed to think imo. Their seems to be a very nasty wawe coming from the East, speaking about morality, full of nationalism. Very disgraceful.

And if that's wasn't enough they tried to imposed a new contest in opposition to the contest.

BGN
14th May 2014, 18:17
It's all about the politics - both in Russia and Turkey. People in these countries are not narrow-minded themselves, even quite the opposite. That's why you have these results in the televote and the jury results from these countries. People vote without prejudices, while the juries are following the general politics of the country (government). The World wolud've been much better place without our stupid, narrow-minded and pathetic politicians both Western and Eastern ones.

GRE
14th May 2014, 18:17
Volkan Bozkir, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the Turkish Parliament, announced today during a press conference, that Turkey will not return to Eurovision anymore.

BGN
14th May 2014, 18:21
Who is that person and why he has the right to talk on the behalf of the broadcaster? Eurovision is not something that politicians should take care of.

Quent91
14th May 2014, 18:24
Volkan Bozkir, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the Turkish Parliament, announced today during a press conference, that Turkey will not return to Eurovision anymore.

Well, goodbye pals.

Archer
14th May 2014, 19:55
It is misinterpreted. Volkan Bozkir, a MP of the AKP tweeted that he was happy that we're not participating anymore after he saw Conchita. Then he removed his tweet because of persistent reactions coming from the people. This is the whole story.

I don't see why you guys are giving so much credit to these twisted and warped news without an official statement by the broadcaster.

joancamo
14th May 2014, 20:03
I hope those news are fake, because I miss Turkey's entries so much, my favorites were 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010

GermanBango
14th May 2014, 20:06
As much as I usually like Turkish entries ... I have to admit I'm not really sad about this... tbh.
I have no need for bull-headed and intolerant governments in Eurovision ...we already have enough of them.
So bye bye Turkey.

Happiness
14th May 2014, 20:07
I am tired of those fake news and explain that they are fake news.
Volkan Bozkır tweeted that they're glad they didn't participate. But that tweet got high reactions in a bad way and he deleted that tweet. Once again, there is nothing about "never participating" thing. You guys look more like... Want to hear such news, instead of believing.

Mrm
14th May 2014, 20:07
I'm sure they wouldn't come back if CW didn't win as well.. xshrug

Sean
14th May 2014, 20:09
How much say does the government have in TRT?

Happiness
14th May 2014, 20:13
How much say does the government have in TRT?

Pretty effective.
We have seen how government is effective with even private channels after the Gezi Park events last year, that they didn't say anything about those protests in whole first week. That's the reason TRT stays away from the contest with silly reasons. That's neither the decision of public, nor the channel.

Mrm
14th May 2014, 20:26
I'd like smth ethnic from the Van province!! xlove

Or from Gaziantep!

Or based on Horon folk dance from Trabzon area! xlove :)

BGN
14th May 2014, 20:34
It is misinterpreted. Volkan Bozkir, a MP of the AKP tweeted that he was happy that we're not participating anymore after he saw Conchita. Then he removed his tweet because of persistent reactions coming from the people. This is the whole story.

I don't see why you guys are giving so much credit to these twisted and warped news without an official statement by the broadcaster.

This! The only trustworthy source is TRT, not politicians, not social networks and so on.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th May 2014, 13:42
So firstly hello everyone,

I'm Kerem from Turkey but I live in Germany :)

So I have to say that I hate TRT and so on..

Don't believe what those people are saying.. We have to wait for an official announcement by TRT ;)

Archer
15th May 2014, 20:19
Time for a #occupyTRT movement :)

I hope we send Model.

escandesc
16th May 2014, 12:03
I'd like smth ethnic from the Van province!! xlove

Or from Gaziantep!

Or based on Horon folk dance from Trabzon area! xlove :)

LOL it is kind of strange to hear such words from a non-Turkish person. :D

Mrm
16th May 2014, 12:31
LOL it is kind of strange to hear such words from a non-Turkish person. :D

Why? :D

escandesc
16th May 2014, 13:32
Why? :D

because it looks like you are quite familiar with our culture. :D Van, Gaziantep, and Trabzon... I don't believe most people here even know these. :)

Archer
16th May 2014, 14:36
because it looks like you are quite familiar with our culture. :D Van, Gaziantep, and Trabzon... I don't believe most people here even know these. :)

I guess Turkey's not ready to be represented by something exclusive to the Eastern/Kurdish areas.

escandesc
16th May 2014, 16:36
I guess Turkey's not ready to be represented by something exclusive to the Eastern/Kurdish areas.

in 2007, Kenan Doğulu used some Eastern elements in his song and it worked out great. I wouldn't like to see someone representing us with a Kurdish song though. A big "NO" to that. The lyrics should either be Turkish or English. So, yes to using Eastern elements in the song, no to a Kurdish song. That's what people think I suppose.

Archer
16th May 2014, 16:42
in 2007, Kenan Doğulu used some Eastern elements in his song and it worked out great. I wouldn't like to see someone representing us with a Kurdish song though. A big "NO" to that. The lyrics should either be Turkish or English. So, yes to using Eastern elements in the song, no to a Kurdish song. That's what people think I suppose.

Shake It Up Sekerim didn't have Eastern elements; but some Black Sea tones (Horon). Rimi Rimi Ley was maybe a little closer to what I'd consider "Eastern" though. And y'know how negative reactions it received here.

TRT seems to be into Rock bands (as also can be seen from the entry they sent to Turkvision), so I believe they wouldn't mind picking Model next time... I'm sure they'll do a great job.

escandesc
16th May 2014, 16:56
Shake It Up Sekerim didn't have Eastern elements; but some Black Sea tones (Horon). Rimi Rimi Ley was maybe a little closer to what I'd consider "Eastern" though. And y'know how negative reactions it received here.

Wasn't that "halay"? It has nothing to do with "horon".

Archer
16th May 2014, 17:04
Wasn't that "halay"? It has nothing to do with "horon".

The handkerchief part seems like Halay, yes. But just a tiny part, imagine the entire song being like that...

escandesc
16th May 2014, 17:15
The handkerchief part seems like Halay, yes. But just a tiny part, imagine the entire song being like that...

Then, that entry would come home without making it to the final because it is quite unusual to Europe. People here would only talk about how bad it is. In Turkey, success at Eurovision is often associated with the place you've got and if you return home with a good result, everyone will be cheering for you and like your song, but if not, then be ready to criticism.

Archer
16th May 2014, 17:19
Then, that entry would come home without making it to the final because it is quite unusual to Europe. People here would only talk about how bad it is. In Turkey, success at Eurovision is often associated with the place you've got and if you return home with a good result, everyone will be cheering for you and like your song, but if not, then be ready to criticism.

No, if the song is really good we will think they were unfair to us. For example Semiha Yanki's entry was loved a lot. People didn't like Shake It Sekerim that much also, despite having a good result.

What you say could apply to old all-jury times. But now people like hearing and seeing something unusual and some even base their votes only on that. (See how Rimi Rimi Ley is liked on this forum) But still even if it has a chance to win I wouldn't like to be represented by such a song.

Nikkita
17th May 2014, 13:25
I want my country so badly,even i don't like it anymore,i just hope that we can find a good song.

lowyby
17th May 2014, 21:24
How's the political climat in Turkey? Which parties are the biggest?
Is it 100% that Erdogan will be re-elected? How are the people looking towards the reigning government after the Twitter & Youtube blocks, the mine catastrophe, ...?

Archer
17th May 2014, 21:49
How's the political climat in Turkey? Which parties are the biggest?
Is it 100% that Erdogan will be re-elected? How are the people looking towards the reigning government after the Twitter & Youtube blocks, the mine catastrophe, ...?

This is not the political forum.

lowyby
17th May 2014, 21:53
This is not the political forum.

Eurovision isn't political at all, you're right ;)

Archer
17th May 2014, 22:00
Eurovision isn't political at all, you're right ;)

What's the mine catastrophe or the bans on Twitter and YouTube have to do with Turkey's participation in the ESC?

lowyby
17th May 2014, 22:36
What's the mine catastrophe or the bans on Twitter and YouTube have to do with Turkey's participation in the ESC?

Sorry for asking your opinion honey ;)
Don't be so sour

Archer
17th May 2014, 22:44
Sorry for asking your opinion honey ;)
Don't be so sour

Well, I didn't wanna be an instrument to threadhijacking, sorry. I wouldn't mind answering to your questions on the political forum though.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
19th May 2014, 13:39
Please, don't start with a political discussion :?

I think that TRT will send Aynur Aydin or Atiye to Eurovision (if we will return).

Hopefully they will make a national selection..

Archer
19th May 2014, 13:56
Please, don't start with a political discussion :?

I think that TRT will send Aynur Aydin or Atiye to Eurovision (if we will return).

Hopefully Model... I'm fed up with mainstream pop singers.

Happiness
19th May 2014, 14:21

Better we don't participate then.

Verjamem
23rd May 2014, 13:29
I feel very sorry for Turkish fans. They have horrible broadcaster and very conservative government, which are really against country's participation in contest. However, I hope that Turkey will come back in 2015. Usually they have good songs.

dragvision
24th May 2014, 06:39
i think trt is 99% withrew, in the confirmed countries have put this country in the withrew section, but for 1% i think can come on back only because turkey love austria

Sean
24th May 2014, 18:43
i think trt is 99% withrew, in the confirmed countries have put this country in the withrew section, but for 1% i think can come on back only because turkey love austria

No confirmation means every chance.

Archer
24th May 2014, 20:38
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoaukgtCMAAHqQK.png:large

From anti-Erdogan protests during Erdogan's visit in Germany. It's fake of course but who could figure out :lol:

Nikkita
26th May 2014, 10:20
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoaukgtCMAAHqQK.png:large

From anti-Erdogan protests during Erdogan's visit in Germany. It's fake of course but who could figure out :lol:
When i first saw this i was like ''OMG SHE'S WITH US SO CUTE SO KAWAII I'M DYIIIIAAAANG'' but then i realized it's not Conchy.Well-made cosplay though.

And btw i don't want to see Model at ESC at all.I still want Bedük xheart He'll nail it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgY935jXFbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hicEFlBn6LE
I think he's the only Turkish singer that can integrate reallly Turkish stuff into high quality Western electronic music.

theCONWEL
26th May 2014, 12:14
Omg I love Beduk! :D My favourite is Electric Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHnv3-r4FaU

Archer
26th May 2014, 14:20
Beduk would do well in Eurovision for sure... But that type of music is not a cup of my tea... A rock or pop-rock entry would be cool. Also there's the fact that we haven't sent a female artist for a long time, so.

Sean
26th May 2014, 16:55
Omg I love Beduk! :D My favourite is Electric Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHnv3-r4FaU

Yeah this is a great song :D

Happiness
26th May 2014, 16:57
My guilty pleasure, deleted :oops:

ESCTurkeyFan6767
28th May 2014, 23:46
I want Aynur Aydin <3

ESCTurkeyFan6767
28th May 2014, 23:46
Better we don't participate then.

Why? We could participate with a new fresh singer with the televote!

Evalngelion
30th May 2014, 03:49
I want Turkey Back to Eurovision, Hope it happens..

Nikkita
30th May 2014, 18:56
Why? We could participate with a new fresh singer with the televote!
Well,if we participate with TRT,they can manipulate easily that ''fresh new'' singer.When we first participated in 1975,i heard that Semiha Yankı had to dyed her hair because ''Turkish woman were not blonde.''. Even Hadise had pretty hard times with them,she's powerful in the pop scene,had lots of sponsors in that time,they banned her video for Düm Tek Tek...tbh i want to see a new channel for Turkey,not islamic biased TRT.Even Acun can make a better progress than TRT :D

Sammy
30th May 2014, 21:35
i don't think trt would hand it over to another channel. IF they return, trt would surely be in control of the artist that represents turkey

AshleyWright
30th May 2014, 21:45
Surely with TRT not participating in 2013 or 2014 meant another channel could pick it up if they wanted to? Or do they hold sole rights to it in Turkey?

Archer
30th May 2014, 22:53
Surely with TRT not participating in 2013 or 2014 meant another channel could pick it up if they wanted to? Or do they hold sole rights to it in Turkey?

Not sure.

I'd say Halk TV should take on it. Let's start a campaign and write a petition or something like that. I'm sure they will respond at the very least. But people are so lazy. It's kinda sad that those ESC organizations and fan groups are waiting doing nothing. Shame on them all.

DanielLuis
30th May 2014, 23:51
TRT is the only Turkish EBU member, so there's no possibilities for another channel to pick it up. How can eurovision fans still think it can be picked up by any channel?

Archer
30th May 2014, 23:58
TRT is the only Turkish EBU member, so there's no possibilities for another channel to pick it up. How can eurovision fans still think it can be picked up by any channel?

Umm... By applying to join the EBU?

DanielLuis
31st May 2014, 00:46
Umm... By applying to join the EBU?

Broadcasters can't just apply like that. They need to have some percentage of their broadcasted programmes dedicated to public service. And of course they need to fullfill other required conditions. They could apply, and even be accepted, but it would probably take some years, like Liecthenstein's 1FLTV and Kazhakstan's K-1, that have been applying for 6 years already!

Archer
31st May 2014, 02:17
Broadcasters can't just apply like that. They need to have some percentage of their broadcasted programmes dedicated to public service. And of course they need to fullfill other required conditions. They could apply, and even be accepted, but it would probably take some years, like Liecthenstein's 1FLTV and Kazhakstan's K-1, that have been applying for 6 years already!

Giving a try is better than doing nothing.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
1st June 2014, 12:05

*hust* NERIT for Greece

ESCTurkeyFan6767
1st June 2014, 12:08
Well,if we participate with TRT,they can manipulate easily that ''fresh new'' singer.When we first participated in 1975,i heard that Semiha Yankı had to dyed her hair because ''Turkish woman were not blonde.''. Even Hadise had pretty hard times with them,she's powerful in the pop scene,had lots of sponsors in that time,they banned her video for Düm Tek Tek...tbh i want to see a new channel for Turkey,not islamic biased TRT.Even Acun can make a better progress than TRT :D

Well you're so right. I heared also some things about the hair of Semiha Yanki. And totally agree with Hadise. TRT had many problems with her and since then we don't send a woman to Eurovision. It's so unfair! Hadise was great, she was ill but she performed! Hadise could win if she try it again! TRT is stupid! Acun would do a fantastic job! I contacted him many times about that but he didn't reply.. Well let's hope the best :-/

dragvision
1st June 2014, 12:35
yes in fact turkey in the '80 have send only female but in Group with men, see for example haley, banaba...

greece
1st June 2014, 12:59
EDIT

Sean
1st June 2014, 13:08
These are great news! I'm glad that they are finally back cause I missed them... I don't think that they would gave us ::12 again this year... the song wasn't good

Hmm wrong topic? :lol:

greece
1st June 2014, 13:11
Hmm wrong topic? :lol:

Oops yes you're right :oops:

DanielLuis
1st June 2014, 18:33
*hust* NERIT for Greece

Actually that's a totally different story because NERIT is the sucessor of ERT, and because Greece had no public broadcaster and no member after ERT was shutdown, and as such, EBU opened an exception for the new state broadcaster. The same happened to Lybia after their revolt and the same might happen to Israel if they do close down IBA and if they form a new state broadcaster afterwards.

Nikkita
2nd June 2014, 01:48
Not sure.

I'd say Halk TV should take on it. Let's start a campaign and write a petition or something like that. I'm sure they will respond at the very least. But people are so lazy. It's kinda sad that those ESC organizations and fan groups are waiting doing nothing. Shame on them all.
They can't even broadcast mainstream commercials.Joining a contest means money.

And i don't think TRT is the only ''appopriate'' channel for EBU in Turkey.Our people are addicted to TV so i'm sure a channel with a good quality can be the new broadcaster.I have no hope from TRT.

escandesc
8th June 2014, 22:21
Hadise was great, she was ill but she performed!

She was ill? or it is just an excuse they made for their bad performance? Hadise did not deserve to place 4th with that performance.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
13th June 2014, 13:56
They can't even broadcast mainstream commercials.Joining a contest means money.

And i don't think TRT is the only ''appopriate'' channel for EBU in Turkey.Our people are addicted to TV so i'm sure a channel with a good quality can be the new broadcaster.I have no hope from TRT.

ATV would be the perfect choice imo

Archer
14th June 2014, 21:16

Are you kidding?

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th June 2014, 10:13
Are you kidding?

Nope. It's popular and it has all the skills that are needed

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th June 2014, 10:15
I sent Ibrahim Sahin, the Head of Delegation of TRT an E-Mail and I received an answer:

My dear friend, due to the fact that you wrote me a polite message I'll answer you. I never answered to anyone else. The reason that we don't participate isn't the voting fact. The reason: They met us, they could take a decision after hearing to our criticise. They take western decisions. It hurts us. I can't stand out.

And the winners are revealed before the show. It's not a competition - it's a show. Has it a sense then?

We pay money and then we don't have an excitement.

Last but not least, TRT applied to be a broadcasting member of the contest (in 2013,2014 I guess) and they didn't put our name to the list.

With all my respect

Ibrahim SAHIN

lowyby
15th June 2014, 12:18
I sent Ibrahim Sahin, the Head of Delegation of TRT an E-Mail and I received an answer:

My dear friend, due to the fact that you wrote me a polite message I'll answer you. I never answered to anyone else. The reason that we don't participate isn't the voting fact. The reason: They met us, they could take a decision after hearing to our criticise. They take western decisions. It hurts us. I can't stand out.

And the winners are revealed before the show. It's not a competition - it's a show. Has it a sense then?

We pay money and then we don't have an excitement.

Last but not least, TRT applied to be a broadcasting member of the contest (in 2013,2014 I guess) and they didn't put our name to the list.

With all my respect

Ibrahim SAHIN

And how trustful is this... ;)

dragvision
15th June 2014, 12:29
We pay money and then we don't have an excitement
money they have tell the real reason

Nikkita
15th June 2014, 18:36
Yeah,sure,as long as they love Tayyip.I don't want to be rude but you really look ignorant about New Turkey.In New Turkey,we don't believe to the government.Everything about the government is false or harmful.Unless you agree with them,they love you.But if you don't,they do everything to sweep you away.Think i'm exaggerating?
Police in Gezi protests killed a 14yrs old child.President got her mother booed to his crowd.

Police,when not beating up protesters,tries to get more ''penalty points'' via harassing the transvestite prostitutes.The female-to-male transvestites have to do prostitution because nobody gives them jobs.There are several good examples,though.

And if you're strong in the government,you can rape a child and go with it.With lots of examples like this,i think the e-mail you got wouldn't be trusted by lots of Turks.What that actually means was ''We can have erections from the female singers,and there are gays,Europe is Christian anyway.''
Because all they want is a place for them.A place that they can't be erected all the time,a place that they can have all that money they want,a place that they can watch people kill eachother for religion,race or political view conflict.

Sorry for the long political post but i really want to make some things clear for this subject.

Archer
15th June 2014, 20:20
Yeah,sure,as long as they love Tayyip.I don't want to be rude but you really look ignorant about New Turkey.In New Turkey,we don't believe to the government.Everything about the government is false or harmful.Unless you agree with them,they love you.But if you don't,they do everything to sweep you away.Think i'm exaggerating?
Police in Gezi protests killed a 14yrs old child.President got her mother booed to his crowd.

Police,when not beating up protesters,tries to get more ''penalty points'' via harassing the transvestite prostitutes.The female-to-male transvestites have to do prostitution because nobody gives them jobs.There are several good examples,though.

And if you're strong in the government,you can rape a child and go with it.With lots of examples like this,i think the e-mail you got wouldn't be trusted by lots of Turks.What that actually means was ''We can have erections from the female singers,and there are gays,Europe is Christian anyway.''
Because all they want is a place for them.A place that they can't be erected all the time,a place that they can have all that money they want,a place that they can watch people kill eachother for religion,race or political view conflict.

Sorry for the long political post but i really want to make some things clear for this subject.

Don't worry friend, everything will be ok. Erdogan's end will be like Caligula's.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th June 2014, 22:48
And how trustful is this... ;)

If you don't believe then it's your thing :)

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th June 2014, 22:51

You speak to generally. You say that we don't pay attention to the government. This is wrong. The protests were because of the government but there were only thousands of people and there are 8 million people in Istanbul. The protests in Germany are even higher. If there are protests then Erdogan must alarm the police! They destroyed the whole place. It would go too far. And I think you mean Berkin with the killed child. A boy who is going to buy bread with bombs. Isn't it too strange?

lowyby
15th June 2014, 23:07
If you don't believe then it's your thing :)
I just can't believe it for several reasons

(1) They left in 2013, I can't believe that Sweden's win was fixed, it was just set in stones, it's probably the best winning song of this millenium
(2) They don't care about the voting they say but they care about the fact that winners are fixed - that's a contradiction
(3) The other rubbish this man says

I can believe you very well that he sent you this but he's just trashtalking :p

ESCTurkeyFan6767
15th June 2014, 23:16
I just can't believe it for several reasons

(1) They left in 2013, I can't believe that Sweden's win was fixed, it was just set in stones, it's probably the best winning song of this millenium
(2) They don't care about the voting they say but they care about the fact that winners are fixed - that's a contradiction
(3) The other rubbish this man says

I can believe you very well that he sent you this but he's just trashtalking :p

Well I think he meaned that it's clear who is winning before the show. He tried to mean that the favourites are always winning like Loreen or Emmelie De Forest.

lowyby
15th June 2014, 23:34
Well I think he meaned that it's clear who is winning before the show. He tried to mean that the favourites are always winning like Loreen or Emmelie De Forest.

Give me a break
Who on earth would've thought last december that the Netherlands & Austria would make the top 2 xd

ESCTurkeyFan6767
16th June 2014, 08:09
Give me a break
Who on earth would've thought last december that the Netherlands & Austria would make the top 2 xd

Yes you're right here. In 2014 and in 2011 the favouites of the bookmarkers didn't win. But I agree with him in some points. It was soo obvious that Loreen would win. Of course you don't have an excitement then and you paid money..

Also he told me that the EBU didn't put their name on the list of the broadcasters though TRT applied to be on the list.

TRT won't participate again - for 3-5 years I guess.

greece
16th June 2014, 09:03
Well at least he has some point... I mean why it should be sure that ::se would won and let down the others by thinking that they have no chance. Only in 2011 the winner was unexpected. This year it was too obvious that Sweden wouldn't won after just 2 years. So if we exclude Sweden the top 2 in the odds were the real top 2 and ::se came 3rd. He has a point. If the song was other (but a good one) they would again had won. It was just so obvious that Nordic countries would make come back after many years. And now you will that after Austria winning many CE countries will start being in top 10 and Soviet flop...

DanielLuis
16th June 2014, 13:28
Well at least he has some point... I mean why it should be sure that ::se would won and let down the others by thinking that they have no chance. Only in 2011 the winner was unexpected. This year it was too obvious that Sweden wouldn't won after just 2 years. So if we exclude Sweden the top 2 in the odds were the real top 2 and ::se came 3rd. He has a point. If the song was other (but a good one) they would again had won. It was just so obvious that Nordic countries would make come back after many years. And now you will that after Austria winning many CE countries will start being in top 10 and Soviet flop...

The top 2 in the odds were the top 2 during the Eurovision week. Because before Austria and the Netherlands weren't even close to the bookies top 2.

greece
16th June 2014, 13:30
The top 2 in the odds were the top 2 during the Eurovision week. Because before Austria and the Netherlands weren't even close to the bookies top 2.

I know it but it was still predictable in Eurovision Week at least that this would be the top 2

dragvision
17th June 2014, 08:48
If Turkey leave eurovision a new country ake debut in the beauty pageant Kurdistan, this iraqi autonomic region take part to Miss World 2014, what you think about her?
http://www.bellezavenezolana.net/2014/Junio/17/kurdistan01.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p350x350/10418948_660657354018186_5316119095237659051_n.jpg

Archer
17th June 2014, 10:03
If Turkey leave eurovision a new country ake debut in the beauty pageant Kurdistan, this iraqi autonomic region take part to Miss World 2014, what you think about her?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p350x350/10418948_660657354018186_5316119095237659051_n.jpg

Not that I have anything against Kurds but don't you just stop bringing that up over and over everywhere? I mean you're kinda weird bro. You also need to fix your grammar.

AshleyWright
17th June 2014, 18:58
Not that I have anything against Kurds but don't you just stop bringing that up over and over everywhere? I mean you're kinda weird bro. You also need to fix your grammar.

He uses a translator to help him so that's why his grammar isn't that good, anyway way things are going in Iraq we could be seeing an independent Kurdistan sooner than people think, not sure if it would be able to compete though because of its location.

12Points
17th June 2014, 19:02
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p350x350/10418948_660657354018186_5316119095237659051_n.jpg Looks like you're addicted to pageants instead of drugs eh? :lol:

dragvision
17th June 2014, 19:30
yes i am a missosologist this is the forum we are 500.000 fans
MISSOSOLOGY &bull; Portal (http://missosology.info/forum/portal.php)

Archer
17th June 2014, 20:10
He uses a translator to help him so that's why his grammar isn't that good, anyway way things are going in Iraq we could be seeing an independent Kurdistan sooner than people think, not sure if it would be able to compete though because of its location.

And what's that to do with the thread?

AshleyWright
17th June 2014, 21:09
And what's that to do with the thread?

Because 1- you made a point of his bad grammar and 2- He mentioned Kurdistan debuting, so I said it could be a small possibility, because of current events...

Archer
17th June 2014, 21:48
Because 1- you made a point of his bad grammar and 2- He mentioned Kurdistan debuting, so I said it could be a small possibility, because of current events...

This is not the thread to discuss that though.

dragvision
18th June 2014, 08:34
this is the Kurditan maps,
http://i59.tinypic.com/29e3ss5.jpg
the North zone is toucted by ebu are zone
http://www.eurovision.tv/img/upload/news/EuropeanBroadcastingArea.jpg

Nikkita
18th June 2014, 11:15
You speak to generally. You say that we don't pay attention to the government. This is wrong. The protests were because of the government but there were only thousands of people and there are 8 million people in Istanbul. The protests in Germany are even higher. If there are protests then Erdogan must alarm the police! They destroyed the whole place. It would go too far. And I think you mean Berkin with the killed child. A boy who is going to buy bread with bombs. Isn't it too strange?
Yeah ok.Stop living in peaceful Germany and come back to the motherland,but you can't.Sorry for being rude but at this point,i have nothing to say to you.

Archer
18th June 2014, 11:59
this is the Kurditan maps,
http://i59.tinypic.com/29e3ss5.jpg
the North zone is toucted by ebu are zone
http://www.eurovision.tv/img/upload/news/EuropeanBroadcastingArea.jpg

Can you just stop? go try to spread your propaganda somewhere else. I like how mods ignore this *hit. Imagine this being brought up in, say, Italy thread.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
18th June 2014, 23:26
Yeah ok.Stop living in peaceful Germany and come back to the motherland,but you can't.Sorry for being rude but at this point,i have nothing to say to you.

Emm.. First of all, most of the rules which Erdogan introduced already existed in Germany.

Why shouldn't I come to Turkey? Maybe I don't have enough money to pay the tickets for the planes each year?

dragvision
19th June 2014, 08:35
0h exuce me if i talk about Kurdistan, but you know is summer and not a good period of eurovision, we dont have many argouments about esc in this time, the season start in september.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
19th June 2014, 11:23
0h exuce me if i talk about Kurdistan, but you know is summer and not a good period of eurovision, we dont have many argouments about esc in this time, the season start in september.

But you don't have to talk about it only because it's not the Eurovision season.

greece
19th June 2014, 15:23
But you don't have to talk about it only because it's not the Eurovision season.

Wikipedia - Troll_(Internet) (http://en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

Nikkita
19th June 2014, 16:05
Emm.. First of all, most of the rules which Erdogan introduced already existed in Germany.

Why shouldn't I come to Turkey? Maybe I don't have enough money to pay the tickets for the planes each year?
Yeah,like closing Twitter,Youtube or Facebook.Or making the education system harder and harder,like having 5 and 7 year olds in the same classes.And Merkel definitely talks in a rude way.

I have been in Germany and my grandparents were ''Gastarbeiter'' in the 80s,they came back but some of our family are still in Germany.And they have a lot better living standarts then us.The middle class families have houses with gardens,plasma tv and cars.Things take years to have in Turkey,are much cheaper in Germany.So i can definitely understand people cheering for Erdoğan and booing Merkel in Köln.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
19th June 2014, 17:50
Yeah,like closing Twitter,Youtube or Facebook.Or making the education system harder and harder,like having 5 and 7 year olds in the same classes.And Merkel definitely talks in a rude way.

I have been in Germany and my grandparents were ''Gastarbeiter'' in the 80s,they came back but some of our family are still in Germany.And they have a lot better living standarts then us.The middle class families have houses with gardens,plasma tv and cars.Things take years to have in Turkey,are much cheaper in Germany.So i can definitely understand people cheering for Erdoğan and booing Merkel in Köln.

Turkey is generally cheaper than Germany! In Germany you must spend 13 years of school to get a very good job which is good paid! Closing Twitter is sth different.
In Germany you have to pay many taxes and you have to pay the pension for the pensioner each month which is subtracted from your money. We have to pay for poor people! Also Germany will use the Fracking-Method for pressing oil on the ground. This has bad consequences! We could have a huge poisoning problem and we have to wear masks! This is even worse than not have Twitter! And I can tell you even more things which are also here in Germany where some of us don't agree.

People like you destroyed Turkey because they don't agree with the new rules which are making Turkey even better!

Archer
19th June 2014, 21:03

I think this summer you should go to an English course (from the beginner level) rather than wasting your time on such stuff

Avalon
19th June 2014, 21:13
I think this summer you should go to a Social Contact course (from the beginner level) rather than wasting your time on such stuff

Yoni
19th June 2014, 21:14
#yıkılmış

Archer
19th June 2014, 21:21
I think this summer you should go to a Social Contact course (from the beginner level) rather than wasting your time on such stuff

Well; I'm not the one trolling here.

Nikkita
20th June 2014, 11:30
Turkey is generally cheaper than Germany! In Germany you must spend 13 years of school to get a very good job which is good paid! Closing Twitter is sth different.
In Germany you have to pay many taxes and you have to pay the pension for the pensioner each month which is subtracted from your money. We have to pay for poor people! Also Germany will use the Fracking-Method for pressing oil on the ground. This has bad consequences! We could have a huge poisoning problem and we have to wear masks! This is even worse than not have Twitter! And I can tell you even more things which are also here in Germany where some of us don't agree.

People like you destroyed Turkey because they don't agree with the new rules which are making Turkey even better!
Dude,are you serious? Is studying 13 years a problem? I'm not going to argue with you anymore,because i can't understand you.It looks like i'm talking to a wall.

And about the Kurdistan issue,we can call the Eastern part Kurdistan,because Turks are minority there.But even Kurds don't want a country in that place.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
20th June 2014, 12:23
Dude,are you serious? Is studying 13 years a problem? I'm not going to argue with you anymore,because i can't understand you.It looks like i'm talking to a wall.

And about the Kurdistan issue,we can call the Eastern part Kurdistan,because Turks are minority there.But even Kurds don't want a country in that place.

Studying is not the real problem! You can't hate Erdogan only because school takes longer than here in Germany! Every country has a different system! Talk about real problems!

_bittersweet_
23rd July 2014, 23:55
Studying is not the real problem! You can't hate Erdogan only because school takes longer than here in Germany! Every country has a different system! Talk about real problems!

Well I don't feel safe in my own country with a PM who slaps people then goes "This is what you get when you protest me.". Is that a good reason for you? I don't like being called "atheist, terrorist, alcoholic" by my own PM, who basically runs judicial system at this point, just because I don't support him. I don't want children (who do not have bombs by the way) to die just because they don't like him either. I don't want TV presenters to be fired because a deputy finds their dresses "too sexy". I don't want journalists to be fired or put in the jail because they're supporting other parties. Do you know that they started to kick out studens from dormitories who writes anti government posts on twitter. They also fired many teachers because of that. I don't know maybe it's easy to talk about these stuff when you live in another country and not feeling the threat. Maybe it's easy to me too, because I live in İzmir, I don't know but even posting comments like this will terrify me soon. They tried to save everything you do when you're online to sue you. They even passed the law about that.

Back to the topic now: I don't want a government who causes us to not participate in ESC.

GRE
10th August 2014, 20:54
We have some positive news about Turkey ;)
Turkey: TRT will return to Eurovision in 2015 (http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/02/14/turkey-trt-will-return-eurovision-2015/39551/#)

dragvision
10th August 2014, 20:57
ahaha dont think turkey come on back especially after Erdogian victory in the elections.

AshleyWright
10th August 2014, 21:08
Is CADDE trustworthy? Its purely speculation from this CADDE website, that wiwibloggs is writing about. I will be surprised if Turkey return this year, especially how the juries acted this year in several countries. Probably the juries will do to turkey next year that they did to Poland this year.

Ewigkeit
10th August 2014, 21:31
No, this is not trustworthy. I saw this like months ago.

DanielLuis
10th August 2014, 21:51
Is CADDE trustworthy? Its purely speculation from this CADDE website, that wiwibloggs is writing about. I will be surprised if Turkey return this year, especially how the juries acted this year in several countries. Probably the juries will do to turkey next year that they did to Poland this year.

They would do that if Turkey sends a song similar to the Polish song. I mean I loved the Polish song and I wanted it to do even better, but the juries didn't downgrade it just because it was Poland, let's not be pathetic. Anyway a bit OT here.

A-lister
10th August 2014, 21:56
They would do that if Turkey sends a song similar to the Polish song. I mean I loved the Polish song and I wanted it to do even better, but the juries didn't downgrade it just because it was Poland, let's not be pathetic. Anyway a bit OT here.

Yes they did downgrade it, just look at what countries' juries that put it tactically last... that was an anti- country vote no doubt.

Anyhow, I don't think Turkey will come back. But we'll see...

DanielLuis
10th August 2014, 22:06
Yes they did downgrade it, just look at what countries' juries that put it tactically last... that was an anti- country vote no doubt.

Anyhow, I don't think Turkey will come back. But we'll see...

Well I don't want to start an OT discussion but there is no reason for any country to downgrade Poland just because it's Poland....it's the same thing that happened with Montenegro last year, the juries don't like that genre and downoagraded it, not because it was Poland. I mean just back in 2008 Poland sent a song more in the juries' style and the juries gave it their wildcard in the semi-final...

Anyway I don't think Turkey will be back either, not in the next few years.

A-lister
10th August 2014, 23:23
Well I don't want to start an OT discussion but there is no reason for any country to downgrade Poland just because it's Poland....it's the same thing that happened with Montenegro last year, the juries don't like that genre and downoagraded it, not because it was Poland. I mean just back in 2008 Poland sent a song more in the juries' style and the juries gave it their wildcard in the semi-final...

Anyway I don't think Turkey will be back either, not in the next few years.

Let's beg to differ, all signs are there if one dares to open their eyes... it wasn't just about the "genre" (no wonder why those countries with large Polish diaspora put it dead last)... anyhow like you said that's OT so let's not go further into that and just agree to disagree.

Well, with TRT's attitude I won't miss them tbh, although I feel sorry for the Turkish ESC fans.

Matt
11th August 2014, 21:17
Somebody posted this on a different form, I wonder how accurate and trustworthy that source is

One of TRT's employees posted this just under half an hour ago on Facebook. I've translated it into English. The rumours of Kenan Williams being internally chosen are looking very true. looks like TRT Muzik channel are completely taking hold of this from now on.

TRT ENGAGE IN 2015 EUROVISION CONTEST

TRT Muzik committie today agreed that Turkish Radio Television will join the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest which is to be held next year on 19, 21 & 23 May in Austria.
A review of TRT Muzik channel between March - May 2014 showed progress in capturing a diverse audience but did not meet the criteria set by TRT in delivering live broadcasts of musical events. Senior commitee members of TRT Muzik department agreed that participation in the Eurovision Song Contest will strengthen this area of TRT Muzik programming.
The participation fees required to take part in the event will be taken from TRT Muzik's 2015 quarter year budget. We have proposed to areas of Turkish Radio Television that fees will come direct to TRT Muzik, with Gökhan Şengüldür temporarily taking control of negotiations and enquires.
Further news will follow this release

AshleyWright
11th August 2014, 21:19
ugh. It's looking more and more likely that they will return.

Archer
11th August 2014, 21:24
Who the hell is this guy? just did a quick search and he seems to be performing the music I detest the most. Not to mention we should send a female artist the next time we participate, if TRT's seriously thinking like that then we better not participate.

Matt
11th August 2014, 21:27
I'd be thrilled, there are so many Turkish fans out there how have been disenfranchised due to the broadcaster's (IMO) ridiculous point of view, so a two year break is more than enough.

Archer
11th August 2014, 21:29
Just pick Model already, stupid TRT.

Hamster
11th August 2014, 22:17
Seems he's been rumoured for Turkey for the last 2 years, and both years Turkey hasn't been at Eurovision.

Sean
11th August 2014, 22:49
I'll be taking any supposed TRT insider info with a pinch of salt until something official is said :mrgreen:

dragvision
12th August 2014, 08:25
all rumors taken by gossip web site

ESCTurkeyFan6767
12th August 2014, 18:05
Well I don't feel safe in my own country with a PM who slaps people then goes "This is what you get when you protest me.". Is that a good reason for you? I don't like being called "atheist, terrorist, alcoholic" by my own PM, who basically runs judicial system at this point, just because I don't support him. I don't want children (who do not have bombs by the way) to die just because they don't like him either. I don't want TV presenters to be fired because a deputy finds their dresses "too sexy". I don't want journalists to be fired or put in the jail because they're supporting other parties. Do you know that they started to kick out studens from dormitories who writes anti government posts on twitter. They also fired many teachers because of that. I don't know maybe it's easy to talk about these stuff when you live in another country and not feeling the threat. Maybe it's easy to me too, because I live in İzmir, I don't know but even posting comments like this will terrify me soon. They tried to save everything you do when you're online to sue you. They even passed the law about that.

Back to the topic now: I don't want a government who causes us to not participate in ESC.

90% what you wrote is wrong! Erdogan never let someone fired just because the dress was too sexy. Are you serious? So according to your statement ~40% of the population should be fired.

ESCTurkeyFan6767
12th August 2014, 18:16
Somebody posted this on a different form, I wonder how accurate and trustworthy that source is

One of TRT's employees posted this just under half an hour ago on Facebook. I've translated it into English. The rumours of Kenan Williams being internally chosen are looking very true. looks like TRT Muzik channel are completely taking hold of this from now on.

TRT ENGAGE IN 2015 EUROVISION CONTEST

TRT Muzik committie today agreed that Turkish Radio Television will join the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest which is to be held next year on 19, 21 & 23 May in Austria.
A review of TRT Muzik channel between March - May 2014 showed progress in capturing a diverse audience but did not meet the criteria set by TRT in delivering live broadcasts of musical events. Senior commitee members of TRT Muzik department agreed that participation in the Eurovision Song Contest will strengthen this area of TRT Muzik programming.
The participation fees required to take part in the event will be taken from TRT Muzik's 2015 quarter year budget. We have proposed to areas of Turkish Radio Television that fees will come direct to TRT Muzik, with Gökhan Şengüldür temporarily taking control of negotiations and enquires.
Further news will follow this release

Can you give me the link of this statement please?

Matt
12th August 2014, 21:04
it was posted on escnation.com. There was no actual link to the facebook link so it's obviously just speculation.

Archer
13th August 2014, 02:04
I'm fed up with these "imported" representatives, who are only half Turkish, born and have spent most, if not all, of their lives far away from this country. If Kenan "Williams" (whose even surname is non-Turkish), is selected, I will not cheer for him. (Just checked out his Twitter account and didn't see a single tweet in Turkish). There are great singers, music groups that have developed in our country. (Model, Sebnem Ferah, Aylin Aslim or if it has to be pop, Sila, Irem Derici and such) But unfortunately we as a country have yet to see the beauty of nativeness, and obsessed with importing anything from foreign nations because they're more "quality".

escandesc
15th August 2014, 11:15
Wondering if Kenan Williams really knows Turkish. On Twitter I posted a tweet saying I didn't find his music original and we'd better not participate with him. And he favourited lol

Scooby
15th August 2014, 19:59
Wondering if Kenan Williams really knows Turkish.

So what if he can't speak Turkish. Half of the Turkish team on the current European Athletics Championships have zerou conections wuth Turkey :lol:

escandesc
15th August 2014, 21:03
So what if he can't speak Turkish. Half of the Turkish team on the current European Athletics Championships have zerou conections wuth Turkey :lol:

How could you relate my comment with the European Athletics Championships? :confused: In my tweet I didn't say anything good about him but he still favourited, which made me think he may not know Turkish. That's the case. And yes, I wouldn't want to be represented by someone who does not speak my language. How are we going to communicate? Via an interpreter? lol I suppose I don't need to mention that Turkey is not the only country that has foreign athletes. That's another issue.

Archer
15th August 2014, 21:48

Yea that's exactly what I detest.

Schlagerman1
17th August 2014, 18:34
Yea that's exactly what I detest.

That sounds like something a person that votes for the racist-party Sverigedemokraterna would say about here in Sweden. :confused:

Anyhow, I so hope Turkey comes back, so I am happy that some postive rumours have come! :D

Archer
17th August 2014, 19:40
That sounds like something a person that votes for the racist-party Sverigedemokraterna would say about here in Sweden. :confused:

Anyhow, I so hope Turkey comes back, so I am happy that some postive rumours have come! :D

Would you be ok with someone who has never step on Sweden and can't even speak Swedish representing it? that party probably more opposes immigrants who have been living there for quite a while, it's not the same thing. I don't say that the half-Turkish can't represent Turkey, but I would expect him or her to be born in Turkey, or at the very least to have been living in this country for a while.

So, I don't want to come back if Mr. "Williams" is going to represent us.

BGN
20th August 2014, 20:04
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/s851x315/10635918_743232882389184_2102533889758894693_n.jpg
Today TRT officialy confirmed on their evening news, that the chance for return at Eurovision is very high. Official decision with further information to be announced in September.

AshleyWright
20th August 2014, 20:34
ugh. Looking far too likely for my liking. Obviously knew they had lost the battle with their withdrawal.

Sean
20th August 2014, 20:55
ugh. Looking far too likely for my liking. Obviously knew they had lost the battle with their withdrawal.

Your hatred of Turkey in Eurovision is weird :lol:

Is anyone else reporting it?

AshleyWright
20th August 2014, 21:06
Your hatred of Turkey in Eurovision is weird :lol:

Is anyone else reporting it?

I just find them really arrogant in the contest, and I hated how they threw such a hissy fit and withdrew. Probably also an ounce of jealously mixed in there as well because of how well they consistently did.

Archer
20th August 2014, 22:53
I just find them really arrogant in the contest, and I hated how they threw such a hissy fit and withdrew. Probably also an ounce of jealously mixed in there as well because of how well they consistently did.

You know this is a song contest and the way TRT behaves is totally irrelevant to this? Eurovision doesn't pay them or something, if they decide to participate they will pay for that. Based on your posts in general; it's obvious you have a problem with Turkey as a whole so I suggest you be honest. Not everyone has to like Turkey, so you might not wanna see Turkey and the Turkish flag in the ESC, I can understand.

AshleyWright
20th August 2014, 23:00
You know this is a song contest and the way TRT behaves is totally irrelevant to this? Eurovision doesn't pay them or something. Based on your posts in general; it's obvious you have a problem with Turkey as a whole so I suggest you be honest.

What on earth are you on about. I have no issue with Turkey as a "whole", and TRT's behaviour to the contest is very much relevant because it can affect the contest in general. I stand by what I said with TRT being arrogant. They are very sore losers, probably as bad as the BBC are/were. Which is down to years of great results, whether they were deserved or not.

Sabiondo
25th August 2014, 21:20
Well its official, another year without see the red with moon star flag at Eurovision :(

EXCLUSIVE : TRT confirm to Eurovision Ireland that Turkey will not attend Eurovision 2015 « Eurovision Ireland (http://eurovisionireland.net/2014/08/25/exclusive-trt-confirm-to-eurovision-ireland-that-turkey-will-not-attend-eurovision-2015/)

AshleyWright
25th August 2014, 21:23
Wow, are they reliable? It's a sudden turn off a events from what we've been reading lately.

Jim
25th August 2014, 21:24
Well its official, another year without see the red with moon star flag at Eurovision :(

EXCLUSIVE : TRT confirm to Eurovision Ireland that Turkey will not attend Eurovision 2015 « Eurovision Ireland (http://eurovisionireland.net/2014/08/25/exclusive-trt-confirm-to-eurovision-ireland-that-turkey-will-not-attend-eurovision-2015/)

I hope they will rethink about ESC...

Sabiondo
25th August 2014, 21:25
Moderators, change the title tropic to TURKEY 2015 - Not taking part :(

Jim
25th August 2014, 21:26

Oh, no....!!! :(

DanielLuis
25th August 2014, 21:30
Didn't they say they would only decide in September?

Sabiondo
25th August 2014, 21:40
Didn't they say they would only decide in September?

Its seems that they have not changed their mind in return

Jim
25th August 2014, 21:57
Its seems that they have not changed their mind in return

I hope these news are not true...

Sabiondo
25th August 2014, 22:28
I hope these news are not true...

Its official, its everywhere now this news, even in Oikostimes

Verjamem
25th August 2014, 23:46
I'm still waiting for news on our site.

Archer
26th August 2014, 00:13

Based on a local Eurovision website claiming to have talked to TRT's officials? no.

Archer
26th August 2014, 00:14

Sorry I will wait for TRT to announce its decision on its own website. What's the rush? didn't know so much people are excited to get rid of Turkey.

Sean
26th August 2014, 00:20

Oh my! If Oikotimes report it, it must be 100% true!

BGN
26th August 2014, 12:45
Eurovision Ireland which was the initial source of the news deleted the article.

AshleyWright
26th August 2014, 12:54
Well there you have it, not true at all.

Sean
26th August 2014, 13:05
I wish more people would wait for esctoday, escxtra etc. confirmation instead of random websites and the infamously untrustworthy :roll:

Sabiondo
26th August 2014, 15:02
And finally Esctoday said it !!!

Eurovision Turkey: TRT has no plans to return to Eurovision in 2015 (http://esctoday.com/86392/turkey-trt-plans-return-eurovision-2015/)

Sean
26th August 2014, 17:23
Okay, well now I'm more inclined to believe it

greece
26th August 2014, 19:22
Well still, if TRT dont officially confirm it, I don't believe it xshrug

Sabiondo
26th August 2014, 22:08
Well still, if TRT dont officially confirm it, I don't believe it xshrug

Maybe then we have to wait to September or October when they speak again finally if they will take part or not.

escandesc
26th August 2014, 22:11
Sad to say this but I somehow believe I will be happier if we do not take part.

Sean
27th August 2014, 18:37
Sad to say this but I somehow believe I will be happier if we do not take part.

Why is that?

ESCTurkeyFan6767
27th August 2014, 20:01
Contacted TRT about the situation. They said that there weren't any decisions about the participation and that official announcements will be made via the official TRT homepage.

So let's wait until September.

BGN
27th August 2014, 20:32
This is clear from the very begining. Broadcatsers usually announce themselves what they have to announce with the sole exception of Czech Republic and Slovakia which use the sites to announce their (non) participation. I'm optimistic we will see Turkey next year :)

escandesc
27th August 2014, 20:53
Why is that?

Can't give a proper reason. Maybe it is because I think TRT will not pay attention to what people say and send whoever they want.

Sean
27th August 2014, 21:00
Can't give a proper reason. Maybe it is because I think TRT will not pay attention to what people say and send whoever they want.

Fair enough. As a Brit I should sympathise but I'd have been sad if the UK didn't take part when we were sending awful songs :lol:

Jim
27th August 2014, 21:41
I believe Turkey is going to participate in Vienna... :D

Sabiondo
28th August 2014, 22:17
Well lets see, but i have a feeling that TRT will refuse it for 3 consecutive time in participate, but who knows if they change their position.

Archer
29th August 2014, 00:59
EurovisionDream says TRT has started the essential process for Turkey to be represented in Vienna and deployed its staff. They put a background picture saying "The longing is coming to an end."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/eurovisiondream?fref=photo

DenizESC
29th August 2014, 10:18
I don't know if I have to believe this but...
Turkey: Will Not Participate In Eurovision 2015 | Eurovoix (http://eurovoix.com/2014/08/25/turkey-will-not-participate-in-eurovision-2015/)

Sim
29th August 2014, 11:08
It becomes a yes/no-game, just wait what TRT says...

BGN
29th August 2014, 11:58
I like these drama tensions about Turkey. Hopefully I will like it even more when they finally have their say and it's YES! :)

pressman
30th August 2014, 04:04
Maybe it is just because I need some more Turkish drama, but I've been investigating (love you, Google Translate) a little about this supposed confirmation of Turkey's non-participation and I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know if "Ms. Yagmur Tüzün" really exists (or, at least, that she could have been someone who could respond to the question on participation). I searched something about her and, yes, there's a Yagmur Tüzün working for TRT, but she's just an interpreter (something that may explain why it was her who answered to the Eurovision Ireland question). Moreover, in the TRT website there's a kind of organigram with the "bosses" of the corporation where it appears that the responsible for the international relationships of the channel is Aysen Diker. With all this, it could be obvious that it was Ms. Tüzün who answered to Eurovision-Ireland's question on behalf of Ms. Diker (or/and her team), but here's what made me doubt in the beginning: Sibel Tüzün, Turkish entrant in 2006, has got a song called Yagmur, so Yagmur Tüzün may just be a construct which casually matches with the name of someone. Or, more possibly, Ms. Yagmur Tüzün really exists and it's a mere coincidence with Sibel's song, but come on, it's Summer and we all need some drama (and we all have so much time, yes) :lol:

Archer
30th August 2014, 08:02
Maybe it is just because I need some more Turkish drama, but I've been investigating (love you, Google Translate) a little about this supposed confirmation of Turkey's non-participation and I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know if "Ms. Yagmur Tüzün" really exists (or, at least, that she could have been someone who could respond to the question on participation). I searched something about her and, yes, there's a Yagmur Tüzün working for TRT, but she's just an interpreter (something that may explain why it was her who answered to the Eurovision Ireland question). Moreover, in the TRT website there's a kind of organigram with the "bosses" of the corporation where it appears that the responsible for the international relationships of the channel is Aysen Diker. With all this, it could be obvious that it was Ms. Tüzün who answered to Eurovision-Ireland's question on behalf of Ms. Diker (or/and her team), but here's what made me doubt in the beginning: Sibel Tüzün, Turkish entrant in 2006, has got a song called Yagmur, so Yagmur Tüzün may just be a construct which casually matches with the name of someone. Or, more possibly, Ms. Yagmur Tüzün really exists and it's a mere coincidence with Sibel's song, but come on, it's Summer and we all need some drama (and we all have so much time, yes) :lol:

Nominated for 2014 Detective Awards.

Sammy
30th August 2014, 16:27
This seems to be quite clear...
Eurovision Turkey: TRT has no plans to return to Eurovision in 2015 (http://esctoday.com/86392/turkey-trt-plans-return-eurovision-2015/)
and was somehow predictable.

Why should Turkey change ist mind about the participation? Their reasons - as disputable as they are - have not changed since their withdrawl. So any participation now would be a "loose your face"-Situation...

AshleyWright
30th August 2014, 17:16
Yes, no, Yes, no, Maybe, no, Yes, no, Maybe, no. Glad to see they have finally made their mind up. -.-

Archer
30th August 2014, 19:57
Yes, no, Yes, no, Maybe, no, Yes, no, Maybe, no. Glad to see they have finally made their mind up. -.-

No they haven't.

AshleyWright
30th August 2014, 20:30
No they haven't.

of course not, why would they.

lavieenrose
30th August 2014, 23:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pACePi441ds Oh, Turkey.

Sammy
31st August 2014, 09:38
No they haven't.

so ESCtoday is wrong? That would surprise me. Normally, they are quite reliable....

joancamo
1st September 2014, 01:18
Oh ::tr please come back! xpray

Sean
1st September 2014, 01:37
so ESCtoday is wrong? That would surprise me. Normally, they are quite reliable....

There isn't much else to go on :lol:

But this situation just seems confused... so we'll wait until TRT come out and publically announce something.

Archer
1st September 2014, 01:42

Well, they can be wrong this time? I feel TRT will participate and I want to trust some "local" sources about that.

Sammy
1st September 2014, 15:05
As sad as that makes me, I bet they don't return this year.....

Nikkita
3rd September 2014, 22:11
I hope we won't return this year. TRT became so conservative that watching probably the gayest ESC with their almost-dead-old commentator, would be a torture for me. I couldn't watch it HD in a dorm anyway :mrgreen:

escandesc
3rd September 2014, 23:17
If you do not take part, at least broadcast it so we do not have to find a channel to watch it!