PDA

View Full Version : Croatia CROATIA 2015 - not taking part

Pages : [1] 2

escYOUnited
22nd April 2014, 23:26
http://www.theodora.com/flags/new/croatia.gif

Croatia will not take part in 2015 | ESCunited.com (http://www.escunited.com/home/croatia-will-not-take-part-in-2015/)

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:28
PLEASE HRT, PAAAAHLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING GOOD!!! :'(

Sean
22nd April 2014, 23:29
Hopefully they will be back but I'm unsure :(

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:30
Hopefully they will be back but I'm unsure :(

Well HRT will broadcast the final which means we'll probably be back. ;D

Sean
22nd April 2014, 23:31
Well we all know who I want...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi8Fx2EPDfw

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:32
^ Do we really? :rolleyes:

GRE
22nd April 2014, 23:38
They will probably come back,i am positive about this.

Tinchey
22nd April 2014, 23:42
My wish list:

Lollobrigida (l0l)
Mjesni Odbor
Dječaci
Let 3
Tamara Obrovoac
Pridjevi
Hemendex
Livio Morosin
Severina (l0l)
Lea Dekleva (but people might find her boring)
Josipa Lisac

the list goes on... but I wouldn't like to see Jelena Rozga going to ESC. :twisted:

greece
23rd April 2014, 06:53
I have no idea about the contestans but please come back....we need the Balkan block back

FoxOfShadows
27th April 2014, 18:06
Well, Serbia are hoping to participate. Maybe that'll help get Croatia back

Milos-BC
29th April 2014, 12:01
I am pretty sure ::hr will be back next year! xcheer xheart xheart

EscGeek
29th April 2014, 13:20
Elemental would be my 1st choice8-)

Scooby
30th April 2014, 21:01
Let 3

That will be epic x12s

Lea Dekleva (but people might find her boring)

Thats the reason why we call her Baklava

Tinchey
30th April 2014, 21:13
Elemental would be my 1st choice8-)

I will mourn for the rest of my life if we ever send them. xpuke

EscGeek
30th April 2014, 22:06
I will mourn for the rest of my life if we ever send them. xpuke
Sooooo... their music is not "po tvojoj mjeri" ? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBdryr7wh4

Tinchey
30th April 2014, 22:11
Sooooo... their music is not "po tvojoj mjeri" ? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBdryr7wh4

I like their early stuff, but Remi (the "singer") is uberannoying. :'D

SRBIJA
2nd May 2014, 13:09
I'm posting my wishlist while we wait for any word from HRT. :| Not sure what to expect but let's be optimistic. xpray xcrossed And if they are in I hope it will be someone new and interesting since Croatian music scene sure is one of the most diverse ones out there:

Sara Renar
silente
Lollobrigida
Irena Žilić
Dječaci
Das Wegas
Mjesni Odbor
Luka Nižetić

Kaz
4th May 2014, 03:07
We better not have those Klapa s Mora guys again. They bored the hell outta me. Nina Badric was awesome though~

Sabiondo
4th May 2014, 22:44
Colonia pleaseee ))))))))))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhFP2h3hRPw

Tinchey
4th May 2014, 23:30
^ no thank you :'D they're pretty old fashioned if you ask me, we need a fresh face - like Daria Kinzer. :D

Sean
4th May 2014, 23:49
^ no thank you :'D they're pretty old fashioned if you ask me, we need a fresh face - like Daria Kinzer. :D

quen floop 2015

LakZaNokte
10th May 2014, 21:27
natali dizdar xbow

r3gg13
12th May 2014, 07:46
Silente and Djecaci would be awesome to see in ESC... or if you're feeling formulaic, Jelena Rozga would be a good choice.

LakZaNokte
13th May 2014, 23:33
Silente and Djecaci would be awesome to see in ESC... or if you're feeling formulaic, Jelena Rozga would be a good choice.
silente might be a decent choice xthink

not so sure about dječaci (and more than anything, not so sure if they would go xrofl2) and a big NO for rozga xbow

kopachka
13th May 2014, 23:40
I think Severina could do a good result, but I'm not sure about if she would like to participate again :(
But, I'd like to see Ivana Radovniković or L.I.P.E. :)

LakZaNokte
13th May 2014, 23:44
I think Severina could do a good result, but I'm not sure about if she would like to participate again :(
But, I'd like to see Ivana Radovniković or L.I.P.E. :)
ivana is a good singer too, yes :D

l.i.p.e. would be awesome if they could come up with something like zorja xbow

Tinchey
14th May 2014, 00:15

not so sure about dječaci (and more than anything, not so sure if they would go xrofl2) and a big NO for rozga xbow

Rozga wouldn't accept even if she was offered a winning song. :'D
I want Tina Vukov tbh. :/

LakZaNokte
14th May 2014, 00:20
Rozga wouldn't accept even if she was offered a winning song. :'D
I want Tina Vukov tbh. :/
tina vukov? i don't like her voice :? or singing :?

Mrm
14th May 2014, 00:21
Tina Vukov would be smth AWESOME, fresh, quality!!! xlove

Maybe too good for ESC.. xshrug

Tinchey
14th May 2014, 01:04
tina vukov? i don't like her voice :? or singing :?

:twisted:

r3gg13
14th May 2014, 05:16

It would be nice to see a real band, not just one of those "made for ESC" bands. They happen to be awesome too! Are they open to the idea of going to ESC?

I think Dječaci with a song like Miriš could charm ESC viewers!

No love for Rozga it seems xcry xcry

Since we're going to Conchita's Cleavage, why don't you send Andrea Susnjara (and her cleavage) as a solo act xrollinglol

http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/644x322/Jul2012/60642874.jpg

Verjamem
21st May 2014, 17:57
This Balkan country, also means quite a lot for me. I can't stand another contest without Croatian chequer :( Hrvatska, please come back!

Mrm
21st May 2014, 18:08
r3gg13

Why you connect Andrea with Conchita?

Windmark
21st May 2014, 18:29
I love it! xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0bTKK5ryWk

vatroslav_cro
22nd May 2014, 10:00
How about something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAQT8Q8pMp0

blue00eyes
22nd May 2014, 10:10
How about something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAQT8Q8pMp0

I like the singer, he's very charismatic, I'm not sure about the song, because songs like that one are always underrated in the contest.

Please send Severina! I love "Hurem"

Tinchey
31st May 2014, 19:25
If the rumours are true, we'll be choosing our entrant in the first season of The Voice of Croatia. :? How imaginative, I can already see someone with a crappy personality and sad story winning. :?

Sean
31st May 2014, 19:26
Croatia are back too?

Tinchey
31st May 2014, 19:27
Croatia are back too?

There's no reason for us not to be. Everyone is still buzzing about Conchita, so I guess ESC is popular again. :'D

Sean
31st May 2014, 19:28
There's no reason for us not to be. Everyone is still buzzing about Conchita, so I guess ESC is popular again. :'D

Meh but has the broadcaster said anything indictating it? I know it seems likely but so did Bosnia in 2014

Tinchey
31st May 2014, 19:31
Meh but has the broadcaster said anything indictating it? I know it seems likely but so did Bosnia in 2014

I don't see Bosnia coming back in the near future tbh. Noup, usually we get confirmation in early September. :) But the weirdest part is that HRT is doing a talent show... they've done it before and it was a huge flop. Maybe The Voice will have a different effect on people. :'D

AshleyWright
1st June 2014, 04:07
If the rumours are true, we'll be choosing our entrant in the first season of The Voice of Croatia. :? How imaginative, I can already see someone with a crappy personality and sad story winning. :?

Which is the case for pretty much every talent show everywhere else as well :lol: crying sob stories are such a put off now.

PamSwynford
12th July 2014, 17:52
Hey guys, I'm back again! So, Croatia on ESC2015? TBH it would be a nice thing from HRT after years of dissapointing program schedule to have a show like The Voice but knowing the very well (my choir took part in the Croatian version of Last Choir standing and I know how they work), it will become a disaster. It would be the best that we send Franka Batelić, Hladno Pivo or Let 3 (because we want scandals! :mrgreen: ), but HRT... xheat

I love it! xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0bTKK5ryWk

Oh God no! I don't like neither them neither this song.

Mrm
15th July 2014, 00:14
RainyWoods

Do you know that Andrea Susnjara who was with Igor Cukrov in ESC with entry "Lijepa tena" tried her luck in Croatian NF alone, actually twice , in 2004 and in 2005..

Would you like if she has won back then?

Her entries from Croatian NF DORA:

http://youtu.be/9TmlrDl7sNY

http://youtu.be/iHUtNJX4_dw

PamSwynford
15th July 2014, 13:19
I don't. Entering "Magazin", she destroyed herself with the brainless tunes. Besides, Huljić's songs are crap if you had a chance to listen to the Split Festival.

BTW, there are some rumorus that "The Voice of Croatia" starts in November and the winner will be our representative in Austria. I don't know if there are true, but HRT has poor ratings (the Grand Final watche 6% of people) and they need to find a way to convince young eople to watch them.

RainyWoods
25th July 2014, 12:42
Mrm I don't know who she is. I liked the first song anyway "Noah". That was interesting.

A-lister
30th July 2014, 12:31
I don't. Entering "Magazin", she destroyed herself with the brainless tunes. Besides, Huljić's songs are crap if you had a chance to listen to the Split Festival.

BTW, there are some rumorus that "The Voice of Croatia" starts in November and the winner will be our representative in Austria. I don't know if there are true, but HRT has poor ratings (the Grand Final watche 6% of people) and they need to find a way to convince young eople to watch them.

Oh Gosh, another one of those pointless "talent shows" with some wailing wannabes... most probably will end up with a boring wailing ballad in English then.

Well, IF they could get a good producer/composer onboard then it could be ok (like the rumored idea for Bulgaria), but somehow I don't see that happening in this case :/

r3gg13
31st July 2014, 09:44

Oh gosh, Magazin's entry in Split Festival this year was pretty bad, even compared to their entry last year which was already odd to begin with. They haven't released a good song in a while. I guess the Huljic husband-wife combo are responsible for that.

HOWEVER, if Tonci Huljic would write a song for himself, Croatia could end up with a nice song such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEzuw6YnbUQ

Gogerko
5th August 2014, 14:10
I would like to see Žiga representing us. His vocal skills are more than amazing and he's a great dancer as well. :lol:xjump

PamSwynford
6th August 2014, 13:16
Oh Gosh, another one of those pointless "talent shows" with some wailing wannabes... most probably will end up with a boring wailing ballad in English then.

Well, IF they could get a good producer/composer onboard then it could be ok (like the rumored idea for Bulgaria), but somehow I don't see that happening in this case :/

The problem is we don't have so much good composers. It would be better to find a foreign composer, buy a song and send Franka. She has connections in USA (went to Berklee for a year) and her boyfriend is a footballer, so she has money.

PamSwynford
6th August 2014, 22:53
OMG, how could I forgot him?! Anyway, also one former contestant of Story Super Nova Music Talent ("Pop Idol" sort of show), ITV even wanted to see him on the audition for X factor (last year's edition) but he refused because he got a part in a musical. Ladies and gentlemen - Damir Kedžo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tGwM5kHt-c

EDIT: Did I mention that for him will also be great to find a foreign composer?

Gogerko
7th August 2014, 00:55
The problem is we don't have so much good composers. It would be better to find a foreign composer, buy a song and send Franka. She has connections in USA (went to Berklee for a year) and her boyfriend is a footballer, so she has money.

Pecotić is not bad.

Tinchey
8th August 2014, 21:42
Nina Badrić would've been amazing with a power ballad such as "Dan D", can't believe she went for Mehbo. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwT641YTFU
PamSwynford Could you please tell me where you got that information about viewing figures for ESC final? It's not surprising tho, we didn't even participate.

Tinchey
8th August 2014, 21:43

Croatia rarely goes for English, bear that in mind. ;)

PamSwynford
8th August 2014, 22:54
Tinchey it was in Jutarnji list's Studio week after Eurovision and there were mentions on Forum.hr about television ratings.

Tinchey
8th August 2014, 22:57
Hm thanks, but that's still good considering it hasn't been hyped at all like the previous years. I remember when they played Mižerja at least 10 times a day. #brainwash

PamSwynford
8th August 2014, 23:16
Oh yeah... Good old memories that they've pretended to focus on Eurovision. xcry Although, I don't like this part of The Voice as a preselection method. I still remember how Kostadinov manipulated Daria Kinzer. SOOC

Hele.
9th August 2014, 01:57
Well, honestly, if the do The Voice, I think they will do it very quality! Cause I expect if they pay expensive license, they are hope to have great watching! For years, Dancing with the stars was most watched tv show but its popularity has gotten lower through years so now they need something new. Also, it would be first tv show of that kind (looking for young superstar) that HRT would do and I think it would get a lot of attention and watching! Especially cause there is no similar show for years. xshrug So, by principle of The Voice, there are 4 tutors! If all of them are famous in music industry, I believe also winner (no matter tutor) would get chance to get quality song - which is most important! And I guess winner would be someone not that bad! xshrug

LakZaNokte
9th August 2014, 08:47
imo The Voice thing is a step in wrong direction.
we have good performers that can deliver live.
we don't have songs.
we need "The Author".

imo the rule about only our authors needs to go, stat.
who the f*** cares if some1 from latvia or spain wrote the music?
only our performers, yes, but authors...why? :?

but first and foremost, entire crew for dora and esc needs to go.
they already proved they don't have a clue of what is going on in esc.

Tinchey
9th August 2014, 19:27
imo The Voice thing is a step in wrong direction.
we have good performers that can deliver live.
we don't have songs.
we need "The Author".

imo the rule about only our authors needs to go, stat.
who the f*** cares if some1 from latvia or spain wrote the music?
only our performers, yes, but authors...why? :?

but first and foremost, entire crew for dora and esc needs to go.
they already proved they don't have a clue of what is going on in esc.

I don't think that's the problem, it's basically the fact that they're looking for wrong, oldfashioned, outdated names that produce same songs over and over again.

LakZaNokte
9th August 2014, 19:29
I don't think that's the problem, it's basically the fact that they're looking for wrong, oldfashioned, outdated names that produce same songs over and over again.
hence the request for new ppl in dora/esc :mrgreen:

Tinchey
9th August 2014, 19:38
hence the request for new ppl in dora/esc :mrgreen:

Yeah, but I still don't agree we should allow foreign authors to participate. ^^

Hele.
9th August 2014, 19:47
We need back Dora and foreign authors to enter! I agree, Dora is old fashioned! I hope if its ever back, I just hope it is not going to be in Opatija!

dragvision
9th August 2014, 20:35
We need back Dora and foreign authors to enter! I agree, Dora is old fashioned! I hope if its ever back, I just hope it is not going to be in Opatija!

Yes you have right but Wienna to is old fashioned

A-lister
10th August 2014, 01:15

Why do you want foreigners? xshrug

AshleyWright
10th August 2014, 01:30
Because apparently Croatian songwriters are not that good, from what i've read. :? But that also could be a result of Dora only using old fashioned artists.

A-lister
10th August 2014, 12:24
Because apparently Croatian songwriters are not that good, from what i've read. :? But that also could be a result of Dora only using old fashioned artists.

I don't "buy" that, and I really like Dora (hope it's coming back). The issue may be an oldfashion approach (sort of like the Albanian selection aswell), but I'm sure they could find some fresh blood within Croatia and no need for selling-out. Looking at Jelena Rozga or Severina, now that's the type of music I want :)

PamSwynford
10th August 2014, 12:31

Because there is no Croatia composer that has a fresh idea. Last time we sent a song that was appropriate and compose by a Croat for that years contest was "Vukovi umiru sami". Maybe a year with foreign composers can be a shock therapy to Croatian composers to WAKE UP!!!

AshleyWright
10th August 2014, 12:34
I don't "buy" that, and I really like Dora (hope it's coming back). The issue may be an oldfashion approach (sort of like the Albanian selection aswell), but I'm sure they could find some fresh blood within Croatia and no need for selling-out. Looking at Jelena Rozga or Severina, now that's the type of music I want :)

My comment kind off summed up what people had been discussing. I agree with you though, they have some decent music out there. They have shown plenty of this decent music in FSC. Maybe the Croatian FSC jury should be put in charge of Dora instead. :lol: seriously though, maybe they should try doing their own version of BBC Introducing, to get that fresh blood in, as you said.

A-lister
10th August 2014, 12:39
My comment kind off summed up what people had been discussing. I agree with you though, they have some decent music out there. They have shown plenty of this decent music in FSC. Maybe the Croatian FSC jury should be put in charge of Dora instead. :lol: seriously though, maybe they should try doing their own version of BBC Introducing, to get that fresh blood in, as you said.

I know, it wasn't directed at you but the ones thinking they need foreigners ;)

I really like Dora, one major issue wasn't that it was "old-fashion", but that there was lots of corruption in choosing the entrants.

Yeah, the FSC jury are more than welcome :lol:

PamSwynford
10th August 2014, 13:53
Uuuuuf, if corruption is only among Dora's jury. xfacepalm Like country like preselecion.

Hele.
10th August 2014, 18:51

Because I want Swedish author to write Croatian song! :twisted:

Joke on side let me explain you. I understand your kinda of ideal in which as much as possible countries need to stick with their authors and home language. But as person who lives in Croatia and knows better situation in Croatia, especially in contest of esc, I think I still can understand situation in my country better than you. To clarify at beginning, I agree and support your idea of "originality" of every country but in Croatia at least for some time I do not want that...
Let's back at beginning...in 1993...ups, 1992 when we have chosen song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-uaJgoaYk but didn't go at eurovision!
You see, we have eager to participate at eurovision and willies to have great result! We had great delegation and results came very soon. From 1995 to 1999 even four top 6 results! But since change of our delegation in 00s everything went bad. Through years, quality of our entries was just lower and lower... I would say 2007 was start of end with very "unclear" (if you know what I mean :mrgreen:) win of Dado Topić. Still, Dado Topić is pretty famous in Croatia and region but since 2008 we didn't send someone that is really star in our country. Only Feminnem girls were so-so popular and of course, Nina Badrić but with Mehbo (as Tinchey lovest to call it).

Well, all those entries went toward very negative approach from most people (I'm not speaking now about people like you and me - esc fans but BIG majority that esc fans very often forget on) about eurovision in Croatia. Just look at this pool with question: Are your regret to not see Croatia at esc this year? It is pretty crushing, isn't it?
Je li vam zao sto Hrvatska ove godine ne nastupa na eurosongu? (http://www.24sata.hr/diskusija/je-li-vam-zao-sto-hvatska-ove-godine-ne-nastupa-na-eurosngu-192)

I'm showing you this to describe you a little bit negative picture and atmosphere about esc in Croatia. Country is in crisis and many people think we shouldn't spend our money unnecessary on esc. Also, I will not read you comments to describe you what "epithets" that use to describe us and esc at general.

Ok, that's about people. But furthermore, what is more crushing is that our most famous authors do not appreciate esc so much. I can't search now for links, but many times at web or at tv I would see some declaration of our authors how esc is "parade of kitsch" and how they do not want to participate any more. How it is not what used to be. That's for example opinion about Zrinko Tutić (authors of Hajde da ludujemo 1990 and Sveta ljubav 1996)! Tonći Hučjić is also not interested in esc so much! Problem is that out authors also do not have eager for esc! Especially most famous ones! They have negative approach toward esc and are not interested in it!

So, I think that if we let foreign authors we do not have anything to lose! I just think it might motivate our authors to prove once again and to show their best! + Some foreign authors can write great song too! So, really anything to lose.

I apologoize for long post and conclusion is simple: In country it is very negative approach to esc and that is crushing and what makes our hopes low! We need something to wake up everyone !

But honestly, with so negative toward to esc it is very doubtful what will be our future in esc...xshrug

PamSwynford
11th August 2014, 10:18
Hele. xbow for the post! Everything was better when Ksenija was the Head of Delegation, not this stupid Kostadinov. I hope that they'll throw that bastard in trash and hire someone who cares about Eurovision.

sigi
11th August 2014, 12:28
I hope Croatia will come back to ESC 2015..... all time favorites esc-songs:

Marija Magdalena
Neka mi ne svane
Vukovi umiru sami

Verjamem
11th August 2014, 13:08
I would say 2007 was start of end with very "unclear" (if you know what I mean :mrgreen:) win of Dado Topić.
Yeah, but I think that first weak and mediocre entry from Croatia was "Više nisam tvoja" :p At least, "Vjerujem u ljubav" was sounding Croatian and wasn't a copy of American pop.

Hele.
11th August 2014, 14:35
Yeah, but I think that first weak and mediocre entry from Croatia was "Više nisam tvoja" :p At least, "Vjerujem u ljubav" was sounding Croatian and wasn't a copy of American pop.

Well, once again I purposly wrote what I wrote becasue of knowing situation in::hr. There is BIG and significant difference between "Više nisam tvoja" and "Vjerujem u ljubav". First one was BIG hit in country and from Dora to the esc all nation went crazy for it. But only reaction after Dado Topić's win was: How this could win? Everyone believed that competition was corrupted and everyone was wondering and couldn't believe how that song won. xshrug

Verjamem
11th August 2014, 23:31
Well, once again I purposly wrote what I wrote becasue of knowing situation in::hr. There is BIG and significant difference between "Više nisam tvoja" and "Vjerujem u ljubav". First one was BIG hit in country and from Dora to the esc all nation went crazy for it. But only reaction after Dado Topić's win was: How this could win? Everyone believed that competition was corrupted and everyone was wondering and couldn't believe how that song won. xshrug
Aaaaa, now it's clear to me. Thanks ;)

SRBIJA
12th August 2014, 11:43
wrong thread

Hele.
12th August 2014, 23:07
At HRT forum it seems some member sent question about participation of ::hr at esc 2015 and from HRT they response that it is too early to think about esc and that public will introduced on time about decision. xshrug
forum.hrt.hr • Pogledaj temu - Dora 2015 (http://forum.hrt.hr/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16727&sid=98981ea105e661921a4175ea2962a5d5&start=360#p762130)

AshleyWright
12th August 2014, 23:48
Too early to think about ESC? the deadline to confirm is in two months? :lol:

Hele.
13th August 2014, 02:20

Yup...I know...this so disappointing me...At HRT work people that do not care about esc, despite our (non) participation...I really would like to see us back but do not want that we blame ourselfs too again...:(

PamSwynford
13th August 2014, 10:20

Dude, it's HRT. They'll confirm before the deadline and they will think about our contestant after skiing season.

Gogerko
13th August 2014, 11:39
Always the same story with them....

Yazy
13th August 2014, 14:09
I can already see that they will wait till the deadline, just to announce that we won´t be participating. :?

Hele.
14th August 2014, 18:10
HRT deleted big database of all Dora's from past with all information, etc...I hope this doesn't mean total end...or maybe start of something new?

Yazy
14th August 2014, 19:17
The way things are going, we might become just like Czech Republic at ESC.

Seriously, I think that our country is the least interested one in ESC from all the Balkan countries.
Others, they provide information about their future ESC participation sooner or later, but I rarely ever hear anything from us, not even rumors.

Tinchey
21st August 2014, 03:04
So many pessimistic Croatian members in here. :'D
I'm quite sure we'll participate this year, The Voice is almost confirmed but not so we're basically still waiting for the confirmation of it being involved in ESC campaign. ^^

Hele.
21st August 2014, 19:04
So many pessimistic Croatian members in here. :'D
I'm quite sure we'll participate this year, The Voice is almost confirmed but not so we're basically still waiting for the confirmation of it being involved in ESC campaign. ^^

And how do you now The Voice is confirmed? I mean, I would like that we have The Voice (despite (non) involving it in esc) but few days ago I was searching infos on that and anything. + At post at HRT forum some member wrote auditions should start during summer and so far, we do not have even any campaign that is inviting people to participate...xshrug

Well, I'm just pessimistic because of how HRT is getting eurovision...I mean, no single word on it...they even do not thinking about it. So, even if we participate, who knows what we will get again with this attitude. But, I think we might participate but only because it is in Austria that is very near and also have strong connections with Croatia. That's even noticeable in voting history...Despite our neigbhours, Austria is one of countries that is giving most points to Croats during yeas at esc...since our independence they gave us 68 points at eurovision. (and they didn't participate in all years xshrug)

Tinchey
21st August 2014, 22:15
And how do you now The Voice is confirmed? I mean, I would like that we have The Voice (despite (non) involving it in esc) but few days ago I was searching infos on that and anything. + At post at HRT forum some member wrote auditions should start during summer and so far, we do not have even any campaign that is inviting people to participate...xshrug

The Voice Croatia should be made in such way that producers invite a certain amount of somewhat established singers or less unknown artists that could use it to rocket their careers. Probably that's why we're not getting any information thus far. ^^

Hele.
21st August 2014, 22:19
The Voice Croatia should be made in such way that producers invite a certain amount of somewhat established singers or less unknown artists that could use it to rocket their careers. Probably that's why we're not getting any information thus far. ^^

Ahhh, ok...xshrug So like Tina Vukov, Sabrina Hebiri, Damir Kedzo, etc?

Tinchey
21st August 2014, 22:29
Ahhh, ok...xshrug So like Tina Vukov, Sabrina Hebiri, Damir Kedzo, etc?

Probably, not sure myself who it might be. xhmm

LakZaNokte
21st August 2014, 22:40
pls no tina vukov :?

Tinchey
21st August 2014, 23:07
pls no tina vukov :?

Hater. :?

PamSwynford
22nd August 2014, 10:50
10 years ago with "Tuga dolazi kasnije" I would say "OMG, Tina Vukov, yes!!!", but today she isn't relevant. Or Franka or Kedžo would be perfect. I know that I'm repeating myself, but I can't help myself, those two are perfect for Vienna.

Hele.
22nd August 2014, 18:40
I think perfect choice for esc would be Lidija Bacic - young, good looking, her career is in advancing and most important of everything - great vocal and great performer! I know most people would say: oh please, look at her songs and her hits...but what she is singing now, is because she "was forced" to do that to live of singing. Not that long ago she was singing beautiful ballads mostly and has amazing voice. Look at this performance for example (despite, I would like some more esc-ish ballad for her). But with uptemo pop song, she also wouldn't be bad. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXtNiCbel8

Masterpiece - I just wish you could understand those lyrics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU_bKwVoSo

Also, look at song with which she tried to get at our preselection for 2007 (when we sent this :? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UR-I5VwEuQ)

This is English version but Croatian lyrics are more serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72jzADJvlc

Well, recently she is singing songs like this... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfbc4eZAiVQ

...but even uptempo song like this wouldn't bad for esc, don't you think so? :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnAIw6Tdeg

PamSwynford
22nd August 2014, 22:14
IMO, her best song is 'Ne morem kontra sebe' from MIK. Too bad that she started to sing crap as 'Viski' and 'Vozačka dozvlla'

lavieenrose
22nd August 2014, 23:19
Franka would be awesome!

Hele.
29th August 2014, 18:49
For the first time I hear information about The Voice in relevant media. Tportal says that HRT really plans to hold it...still, anything about concept or potential esc representative. ;)
Ukida se 'Ples sa zvijezdama'? | tportal.hr (http://www.tportal.hr/showtime/tv/348435/Ukida-se-Ples-sa-zvijezdama.html?utm_source=clanci&utm_medium=cl_najnovije&utm_campaign=clanci_najnovije)

PamSwynford
29th August 2014, 20:45
TBH, it would be awesome to have 'The Voice', but we have 3 problems. 1. HRT destroys everything he touches (LCS, DWTS...). 2. we're a too small country to have 'The Voice' every year. 3. we've already had a painfull experience with a contestant from a reality show. Nevermore.

Tinchey
4th September 2014, 13:59
For the first time I hear information about The Voice in relevant media. Tportal says that HRT really plans to hold it...still, anything about concept or potential esc representative. ;)
Ukida se 'Ples sa zvijezdama'? | tportal.hr (http://www.tportal.hr/showtime/tv/348435/Ukida-se-Ples-sa-zvijezdama.html?utm_source=clanci&utm_medium=cl_najnovije&utm_campaign=clanci_najnovije)

Yep, it was confirmed 2 days ago I think... Also The Voice is confirmed. A source close to Eurosong.hr said that all the info on ESC and JESC should be expected in 10 days time (around 15/9)

PamSwynford
4th September 2014, 20:32
One guy from HRT's forum (a friend from Andrej Babić) sent me a message that he contacted HRT and they've told him we aren't participating. So I said to him "stop bugging me, post it in the thread and let's get over with it". So sick and tired with HRT.

Verjamem
4th September 2014, 21:26
It's sad, what HRT do with this contest in Croatia. In 90s, Hrvatska was one of the strongest countries in ESC. But now?

LakZaNokte
4th September 2014, 22:00
It's sad, what HRT do with this contest in Croatia. In 90s, Hrvatska was one of the strongest countries in ESC. But now?
yeah well, everything about hrt is sad so...

Tinchey
4th September 2014, 22:12
I'm kinda losing interest for ESC myself. :'D NOT OBVS

PamSwynford
4th September 2014, 22:33
It's sad that cr:ap like DWTS and now this Maestro have a better treatment on HRT than ESC. HELLOOOOOOOOO, it's your freaking chance to represent your country, not to go on a vacation!!!

Tinchey
4th September 2014, 22:38
I don't see how Maestro will be relateable to younger audience, considering they severly declined in viewer's ratings.

Hele.
4th September 2014, 22:53
Yep, it was confirmed 2 days ago I think... Also The Voice is confirmed. A source close to Eurosong.hr said that all the info on ESC and JESC should be expected in 10 days time (around 15/9)

xcheer Let's hope rumor about our representative as Voice winner also will be correct and that we are coming back! xcheer

Hele.
4th September 2014, 22:56
One guy from HRT's forum (a friend from Andrej Babić) sent me a message that he contacted HRT and they've told him we aren't participating. So I said to him "stop bugging me, post it in the thread and let's get over with it". So sick and tired with HRT.

Through all those years, many people (friends of friends of friends...) from HRT forum said many things...only if half was true...:mrgreen: I do not say that we participate or not, but I read posts of few people and they all were said that when HRT decides on eurovision, that its statement will be announced to public...At this time, I still believe it is too early for HRT to think on esc...xrofl2 xrofl2

PamSwynford
4th September 2014, 23:29
Well, I think that we won't see JESC stage for a year, but it wouldn't be fair form HRT to avoid next year's edition. Hele. that guy is sooooooo annoying that everyone sends him to hell and blocks his e-mail. Once I didn't answer on his message and he sent me 5 messages why I'm not answering. Not to forget that he insulted me. Jackass.

Hele.
5th September 2014, 10:11
Well, I think that we won't see JESC stage for a year, but it wouldn't be fair form HRT to avoid next year's edition. Hele. that guy is sooooooo annoying that everyone sends him to hell and blocks his e-mail. Once I didn't answer on his message and he sent me 5 messages why I'm not answering. Not to forget that he insulted me. Jackass.

Agree! Stay cool, think positive! :mrgreen:

PamSwynford
5th September 2014, 10:49
Agree! Stay cool, think positive! :mrgreen:

It's HRT = it's hard to stay positive. :P

Scooby
5th September 2014, 13:44
Agree! Stay cool...

like a swiming pool :lol:

This is 60th aniversary and Croatia must be in Wiena next spring. And it will be. End of story!

Hele.
9th September 2014, 00:25
Unfortunately, it seems Croatia will be out of esc next year too...:(

LakZaNokte
9th September 2014, 00:27
Unfortunately, it seems Croatia will be out of esc next year too...:(
why?

Hele.
9th September 2014, 00:37
why?

People on HRT forum are so negative toward it...seems they know something, maybe they write to HRT and it really seems esc is not priority...But it is unfair for one more year!

AshleyWright
9th September 2014, 00:43
People on HRT forum are so negative toward it...seems they know something, maybe they write to HRT and it really seems esc is not priority...But it is unfair for one more year!

I wouldn't get too caught up on what people are saying on a Forum. If HRT want to see public opinion on returning to ESC, then they will probably conduct a proper survey instead of just listening to a group of people on a forum.

Hele.
9th September 2014, 01:32
No, no Ashley. I think people on HRT forum sent emails to HRT...of course HRT would do survey if they want people's opinion but if they listen people on HRT forum, it would be great cause they all want esc back!

LakZaNokte
9th September 2014, 09:49
people on our forums are always negative about everything, and also, those are usually the loudest ones (or write under different profiles).

see, they got u going as well :)

PamSwynford
9th September 2014, 22:56
We were positive at the beggining, but as 15th September is near, we have less hope. My source told me that Radman decides about our participation and he'll know about it next week.

Jukica
10th September 2014, 00:02
Hopefully we'll be back :(

Sammy
10th September 2014, 05:44
Now that Bosnia will return, this should have a positive influence on the croation decision ;)

Hele.
10th September 2014, 16:40
We were positive at the beggining, but as 15th September is near, we have less hope. My source told me that Radman decides about our participation and he'll know about it next week.

Since he is HRT leader I don't think we will participate...He is very negative toward esc...This source I mentioned, also told me something similar (in negative contest :()...Let's hope that are only rumors and lies...:(

PamSwynford
10th September 2014, 22:18
Since he is HRT leader I don't think we will participate...He is very negative toward esc...This source I mentioned, also told me something similar (in negative contest :()...Let's hope that are only rumors and lies...:(
You know what's the sad part of this story? He was responsible on TVZ when Eurovision was in Zagreb 24 years ago.

Tinchey
11th September 2014, 00:12
Now that Bosnia will return, this should have a positive influence on the croation decision ;)

Doubt it, last 2 editions proved that EXYU countries don't really care if their neighbours are in or out. :'D

Hele.
11th September 2014, 00:20
You know what's the sad part of this story? He was responsible on TVZ when Eurovision was in Zagreb 24 years ago.

I know that...Ksenija Urlicic was shocked when we withdraw last year because of him...

Sammy
11th September 2014, 11:48
Doubt it, last 2 editions proved that EXYU countries don't really care if their neighbours are in or out. :'D
That's why I wrote "should" and not "will" ;)

Tinchey
11th September 2014, 15:20
4 days left. #nervös

GRE
14th September 2014, 15:59
It seems that Croatia will stay out,
this year too.
Lets wait for the official announcement.

dragvision
14th September 2014, 16:48
yes i have read this too in escnation, bye bye Croatia,

Sean
14th September 2014, 16:59
yes i have read this too in escnation, bye bye Croatia,

'I read this somewhere' is a reliable source of course

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 17:28
A guy who has a souce on HRT also wrote that we'll probably stay out for another year. Idiot Radman!!!

dragvision
14th September 2014, 17:55
well, probably no for Croatia at ESC 2015.

Answer to email about participation is

"Eurovision is not our priority at the moment"

byr ray from esc nation ESC Nation - www.escnation.com (http://escnation.com/) - The Home of ESC Fans

dragvision
14th September 2014, 17:56
'I read this somewhere' is a reliable source of course
from a guy (ray) from escnation

ESC Nation - www.escnation.com (http://escnation.com/) - The Home of ESC Fans
he have write;
well, probably no for Croatia at ESC 2015.

Answer to email about participation is

"Eurovision is not our priority at the moment"

lavieenrose
14th September 2014, 18:04
How do we know about Ray's credentials? I'm not saying that he's necessarily unreliable, and maybe I'm being too optimistic, but we really know nothing about him at this point and, by extension, we know next to nothing about Croatia 2015.

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 18:25
Guys, if you saw how HRT's daily programm looks, you would put a car-bomb on their front door. Miserable is a too weak word to describe.

AshleyWright
14th September 2014, 18:31
Guys, if you saw how HRT's daily programm looks, you would put a car-bomb on their front door. Miserable is a too weak word to describe.

omg hahahahahaha. Is it that bad? :lol:

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 18:40

Well, on October 3rd will start "Maestro", in which celebrities want to become a conductor to an orchestra, then we same some shows for people under 75, not to forget that we have dr Oz's show and a commentator for football who uses the sentence "it's evident" every 2 sentences. xjason

DanielLuis
14th September 2014, 18:42
Well, on October 3rd will start "Maestro", in which celebrities want to become a conductor to an orchestra, then we same some shows for people under 75, not to forget that we have dr Oz's show and a commentator for football who uses the sentence "it's evident" every 2 sentences. xjason

That might be one of the most boring synopsis I heard for a reality show in a while

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 18:48
That might be one of the most boring synopsis I heard for a reality show in a while

The sad part is that this will probably be well watched because old ladies like Duško Čurlić. Even "Last choir standing" was... well, ok watched.

AshleyWright
14th September 2014, 18:59

I couldn't agree more.

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 19:24
I couldn't agree more.

Do you know about this show? Because it's BBC's format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_%28TV_series%29).

AshleyWright
14th September 2014, 19:34
Do you know about this show? Because it's BBC's format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_%28TV_series%29).

Is it? we should be car bombing BBC then. It was on BBC 2, so I didn't watch it. I don't watch many programmes on BBC 2. It was only run for 1 series so it more than likely flopped.

Sean
14th September 2014, 19:54
The BBC does tend to do a lot of these kinds of programmes because as a state broadcaster it tries to cater for all tastes. For some reason choir shows and programmes like Songs of Praise are popular here, possibly due to Gareth Malone.

PamSwynford
14th September 2014, 19:59
For some reason choir shows and programmes like Songs of Praise are popular here, possibly due to Gareth Malone.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Phoebe-Buffet-This-is-Brand-New-Information-Friends.gif
Well, this is a new information since LCS existed for only one season on BBC (and on HRT for 2 seasons).

Sean
14th September 2014, 20:03
That's just one of the shows. He's done lots of programmes over the years and choirs are a bigger part of television here now that Malone's more famous. Channel 4 tend to do some shows too I believe

PamSwynford
15th September 2014, 10:39
Soooooo today is the day.

Hele.
15th September 2014, 15:16
From HRT Forum, it seems one guy sent mail to them and response is: :mrgreen: xrollinglol xrollinglol

Poštovani,nije nam jasno zašto su naši mailovi zatrpani pitanjima oko sudjelovanja na Eurosongu 2015 ?
Ima još puno vremena za objavu oko sudjelovanja. Eurosong je tek su svibnju 2015!!!
Sa štovanjem xy

In translation:
Why you occupied our mails with questions about participation at esc 2015? It is too early, there is a lot of time in front of us, it is only in May 2015!!!

BGN
15th September 2014, 15:20
Very "polite" answer :D

Kaja
15th September 2014, 15:28
What an answer :lol: But despite his very polite answer, I hope for the best.

AshleyWright
15th September 2014, 15:36
From HRT Forum, it seems one guy sent mail to them and response is: :mrgreen: xrollinglol xrollinglol

In translation:
Why you occupied our mails with questions about participation at esc 2015? It is too early, there is a lot of time in front of us, it is only in May 2015!!!

It is too early? What on earth are they on about? are they even aware that the deadline is today?

Tinchey
15th September 2014, 15:53

It's basically like having Good morning *insert city/country* all day long.

Tinchey
15th September 2014, 16:43

In translation:

This got me thinking a lot... I think it probably means they confirmed but will decide about the matter in the next 20 days and then make a public statement. ^^

Hele.
15th September 2014, 16:47
It is too early? What on earth are they on about? are they even aware that the deadline is today?

Welcome to HRT World! :mrgreen:

AshleyWright
15th September 2014, 16:52
Welcome to HRT World! :mrgreen:

and I thought the BBC were bad. :lol:

lavieenrose
15th September 2014, 17:16
This got me thinking a lot... I think it probably means they confirmed but will decide about the matter in the next 20 days and then make a public statement. ^^

HRT, please let Tinchey be right.

PamSwynford
15th September 2014, 18:10

You know that we're talking about HRT? If you say to them that Eurovision is next month, they would say "meeeeeeeeeh". I just can't say enough how I'm dissapointed, but off course. What did I expected from them?

Sean
15th September 2014, 19:09
Croaczech Republic

Hele.
16th September 2014, 14:19
Someone asked Entertainment program of HRT (part of HRT in charge for esc) if they have info about esc participation and they response: "We still do not have any reliable information."

http://i.imgur.com/AX1D7k8.jpg

AshleyWright
16th September 2014, 14:25
They've missed the deadline anyway, and still no reliable information? if they are ones in charge of ESC then they should know this information.

Hele.
16th September 2014, 15:06
Well, maybe they sent application so far but are still unsure and when they finally decide, will inform public and do statement. xshrug

PamSwynford
16th September 2014, 16:59
I think they're waiting to know how many will cost the participation fee. Also, from HRT's forum:

Odluka o sudjelovanju na ESC-u još nije donesena, znat će se tijekom slijedećeg tjedna..
Next week we'll know more. And the deadline was yesterday.

Sean
16th September 2014, 18:45
The deadline is still in October apparently and people will have a month from then to withdraw, I think I read yesterday

BGN
16th September 2014, 19:36
The deadline is still in October apparently and people will have a month from then to withdraw, I think I read yesterday

They will have time until October just in case they've applied until yesterday.

Hele.
16th September 2014, 23:34
They will have time until October just in case they've applied until yesterday.

Well, I assume they did but final (and only real) decision will be made soon. I guess they do not want announcing come back if they withdraw in October. xshrug So, despite Bosnia and Serbia announced their "comebacks", that doesn't mean their situation is better than Croatian one. They just told what they think to do (still maybe withdraw) while HRT hasn't said anything. xshrug

GRE
17th September 2014, 23:38
Soon we will know the final decision of Croatia.
"The decision whether or not Croatia will participate on ESC 2015. will be announced within a week. Best regards, HRT"
Croatia To Announce Their Eurovision 2015 Decision Within A Week! - ESC Starz (http://escstarz.weebly.com/croatia-to-announce-their-eurovision-2015-decision-within-a-week.html)

PamSwynford
17th September 2014, 23:47
Everyone gets an answer except us on HRT's forum. :roll:

AshleyWright
17th September 2014, 23:52
Everyone gets an answer except us on HRT's forum. :roll:

Must have some vendetta against you then. :lol: You will wake up tomorrow with a severed horse head in your bed tomorrow with HRT branded on it.

PamSwynford
18th September 2014, 00:29
Must have some vendetta against you then. :lol: You will wake up tomorrow with a severed horse head in your bed tomorrow with HRT branded on it.

Probably. You know what? Our best Dora under Kostadinov was the 2005 edition, when almost every song was a candidate for Kijev, and the once who was responsible were the people from HRT forum. They've made suggestion who to invite. And that year we had a result, we were 4th in the semi-final and 11th at the end, eventhough some people put "Vukovi" among their top10. I think it was the last time that I liked our representative.

aletem
18th September 2014, 08:19
I liked all of your entries from 2005 onward, except for "Lako je sve". I couldn't stand that one. X-OI I even liked "Celebrate"...a lot!! :mrgreen: :oops:

PamSwynford
18th September 2014, 08:54
I liked all of your entries from 2005 onward, except for "Lako je sve". I couldn't stand that one. X-OI I even liked "Celebrate"...a lot!! :mrgreen: :oops:

OMG, I also couldn't stand "Lako je sve"! :o For me, one of our worst songs, side-by-side with Severina and Igor Cukrov. Well, "Celebrate" had a great idea for stageing on that year's Dora, but I don't know who put a Russian Magician idea in Kostadinov's head.

theCONWEL
18th September 2014, 17:13
Moja Stikla xheart

A-lister
19th September 2014, 17:33
OMG, I also couldn't stand "Lako je sve"! :o For me, one of our worst songs, side-by-side with Severina and Igor Cukrov. Well, "Celebrate" had a great idea for stageing on that year's Dora, but I don't know who put a Russian Magician idea in Kostadinov's head.

I agree on "Lako je sve", very overrated... but I don't agree with Severina at all though... "Moja stikla" is FAB!!!

Igor Cukrov was so-so....

"Celebrate" was a joke though :/

PamSwynford
19th September 2014, 17:43
I agree on "Lako je sve", very overrated... but I don't agree with Severina at all though... "Moja stikla" is FAB!!!

Igor Cukrov was so-so....

"Celebrate" was a joke though :/
Well, if you listened the acoustic Croatian version, you would be suprised how good it was arranged. The dance-thing was xfacepalm, but this:

http://youtu.be/s5Rs0v6pAAg?t=59s

So I rather listen this version.

aletem
20th September 2014, 00:42
xparty 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTJzolnObu0

Tinchey
20th September 2014, 02:12
HRT: 'The Voice - Najljep (http://hrtprikazuje.hrt.hr/the-voice-najljepsi-glas-hrvatske-poziv-za-prijave-na-natjecanje)

:'D:'D:'D
Najljepši glas Hrvatske, already sounds like a flop. :'D

ESCFr
20th September 2014, 10:11
No
My favourite is "Nebo" !

PamSwynford
20th September 2014, 21:31
HRT: 'The Voice - Najljep (http://hrtprikazuje.hrt.hr/the-voice-najljepsi-glas-hrvatske-poziv-za-prijave-na-natjecanje)

:'D:'D:'D
Najljepši glas Hrvatske, already sounds like a flop. :'D

Did you saw Večernji list? Aco is the chief of the production team. This will flop as Croatia on Eurovision.

Tinchey
20th September 2014, 22:40
Did you saw Večernji list? Aco is the chief of the production team. This will flop as Croatia on Eurovision.

Oh dear lord... :(

PamSwynford
21st September 2014, 11:26
Oh dear lord... :(

Yeah. Finally a show appropriate for young people and they put Aco as the Head of the Production team.

Hele.
21st September 2014, 23:05
Well, as he is strongly connected with The Voice, maybe it is sign that rumor about The Voice winner as esc representant will be true. First we have had this rumor without knowing anything. Even if it is true that there will be The Voice...now, it is surely here, Aco is in production team...we only need final part of puzzle! :mrgreen:

PamSwynford
22nd September 2014, 10:51
I think that it the end it won't be, because "The Voice" is planned to finish in April and that would be too late. Well, I've lost all my hope that we'll see a Croatian flag on ESC scene in Vienna.

Hamster
23rd September 2014, 13:36
Croatia are doing JESC now apparently so that's a good sign

Milos-BC
23rd September 2014, 16:42
Yes, I think this is a great sign and I am certain that we are going to see Croatia in Vienna! xcheer :D

Tinchey
23rd September 2014, 17:05
Croatia are doing JESC now apparently so that's a good sign

Source? :'D
EDIT: Found it. :'D

Hele.
24th September 2014, 14:56
Yes, I think this is a great sign and I am certain that we are going to see Croatia in Vienna! xcheer :D

It is just no sense rumor because of post at twitter that could mean anything else...xshrug I'm very pessimistic...:(

PamSwynford
24th September 2014, 17:23
It is just no sense rumor because of post at twitter that could mean anything else...xshrug I'm very pessimistic...:(

Welcome to my world. xcry

Tinchey
26th September 2014, 14:28
It has been confirmed. Even though I expected it I'm still very disappointed. xcry

Simon87
26th September 2014, 14:30
Awww :/

pressman
26th September 2014, 14:54
junioreurovision.tv is confirming today that they're back in JESC. I don't understand xD

lavieenrose
26th September 2014, 15:19
Someone here commented "Croaczech Republic." Now I understand.

Yazy
26th September 2014, 15:25
An expected outcome, from the very start.

I´m glad that we are atleast returning to JESC. We will have to thank Yakovlev for that! If he didn´t come for holidays to Croatia and persuaded us, we woudn´t even consider JESC either!

Milos-BC
26th September 2014, 15:31
Just sad :( xcry1

I really don't see any logic in returning to JESC........and not returning to the main contest :(

EscGeek
26th September 2014, 15:48
Just sad :( xcry1

I really don't see any logic in returning to JESC........and not returning to the main contest :(

JESC is cheaper...duh

Milos-BC
26th September 2014, 15:52
^^ And what is the perspective of that contest compared to ESC?

I think it really musn't be an explanation. Shameful decision of HRT. And now both the Croatian audience and fans and us are sad, while they obviously don't care :(

SiXo
26th September 2014, 16:18
What a shame. TBH who really cares for JESC?

AshleyWright
26th September 2014, 16:30
Damn that is such a shame :( i was hoping with this JESC return that they would be back at ESC. I'm not sure on the financial state of HRT but maybe JESC is all they could afford? As someone else put it on another thread, If you're starving and don't have enough money for a main course, but you do a dessert then you will get a dessert.

EDC0708
26th September 2014, 16:37
junioreurovision.tv is confirming today that they're back in JESC. I don't understand xD

I'm guessing JESC must be much cheaper than ESC, Croatia were in EYM earlier this year as well.

PamSwynford
26th September 2014, 17:09
C'mon people! It's esctoday! HRT didn't made a statement and until then we have a hope.

LakZaNokte
26th September 2014, 17:16
yup, nothing on official site yet xshrug

Gogerko
26th September 2014, 20:13
I'm waiting for HRT. Still hoping :D

Terence
26th September 2014, 21:25
Please... come on Croatia... don't let me down again... who cares about the JESC

DanielLuis
26th September 2014, 21:28
So annoying that they return to the JESC and not the ESC.

PamSwynford
26th September 2014, 22:10
So annoying that they return to the JESC and not the ESC.

You're not the only one.

aletem
26th September 2014, 22:54
Croatia has been robbed of a final when they expected qualification (2012 and 2013), so I would understand if they wanna back off. This was basically - in your face E(B)U. :lol: I wish they would be back though. :(

Mlyn
26th September 2014, 23:27
Croatia robbed themselves. Their songs have been pretty dull over the past couple of years.

And the awesome song NeBo of 2012, which was my personal favourite, was totally crapped by a dark and overly dramatic performance, which made me uncomfortable.

Gogerko
26th September 2014, 23:28
As Oliver Mlakar said back in 80's. It's not about winning it, it's about being there, a part of this great show.

Mlyn
26th September 2014, 23:33
NeBo I love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdzGUF7aiaM

NeBo I loathe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzdI4yuqwzY

Mrm
26th September 2014, 23:34
"Celebrate" is a perfect example of what makes ESC funny to majority of people..in the most NEGATIVE way of course..

Mrm
26th September 2014, 23:37
"Nebo" is quite good, vocals and compositions are really quality ones..

DanielLuis
26th September 2014, 23:40
"Nebo" is a great song in my opinion. However, there was two factors that made it fail in my opinion. First it was what Mlyn said, the performance dragged the song down. Second I think is that the song is not instant, it takes a while to appreciate, which is not good in a contest like the ESC.

Mrm
26th September 2014, 23:43
"Nebo" is a great song in my opinion. However, there was two factors that made it fail in my opinion. First it was what Mlyn said, the performance dragged the song down. Second I think is that the song is not instant, it takes a while to appreciate, which is not good in a contest like the ESC.

Yeah, in contest like ESC smth as FABULOUS as "Celebrate" is appreciated.. xlove xheart

:?

Mrm
26th September 2014, 23:55
I still can't believe we gave 12 to "Celebrate" in 2011 semi, I'm ashamed AS HELL cause of that! :( :?

GRE
27th September 2014, 00:01
Also in 2010 Croatia was a favorite and didn't even qualify...

AshleyWright
27th September 2014, 00:08
2010 & 2012 are the recent entries from Croatia which i liked the most. Nothing will ever beat the masterpiece of "Marija Magdelena" by Doris Dragovic.

Mlyn
27th September 2014, 00:22

For me it was instant love, it's the only song of 2012 I kept in my playlist. But the performance was a shock, absolutely horrible. Nina looked like a witch and not like a fairy anymore, and the setup was from Hell, not from Heaven.

DanielLuis
27th September 2014, 00:26
Yeah, in contest like ESC smth as FABULOUS as "Celebrate" is appreciated.. xlove xheart

:?

Who the heck said that? :lol:

greece
27th September 2014, 09:29
There is really no point to participate in JESC but not in ESC. Cause JESC might be cheaper, but it hasn't neither the quality, nor the popularity of ESC xshrug

As for their entries Moja Stikla and Lako je sve are my faves. However 2013 and 2011 aren't bad either

PamSwynford
27th September 2014, 10:20
The version of "Nebo" from the presentation was really awesome, and the performance also. She ruined it with the new version, not to forget the dissastrous decision to change the choreography the day before the semi-final. But I think she would have a much better result with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txT_E8VQNos

DanielLuis
27th September 2014, 15:15
My all time favourite is "Neka mi ne svane" from 1998! Just beautiful xlove

Mrm
27th September 2014, 17:10
Odalis

:D hahahahahahahahah

Odalis
27th September 2014, 17:46
@Odalis (http://www.escunited.com/member.php?u=9563)

:D hahahahahahahahah

I can't help it, i love it when people trash "Celebrate" :lol:

PamSwynford
27th September 2014, 20:30
Well, it seemes that Massimo, who sung at Dora 2004 "Odjednom ti" with duo Meritas, will take part in "The Voice Hrvatska" as a member of the jury. Too bad this song didn't go to Istanbul instead of that poopy Mikulić.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUFN8SCjXz4

Gogerko
29th September 2014, 15:02
http://i58.tinypic.com/5ug65s.png

We're not participating :(
It's official.

BGN
29th September 2014, 15:21
Well, I really feel sad for the Croatian fans. Now the most important question is do we have a new Czech Republic / Slovakia in the making?

AshleyWright
29th September 2014, 15:27
Well, I really feel sad for the Croatian fans. Now the most important question is do we have a new Czech Republic / Slovakia in the making?

I really hope not, They have had some great entries and I love how they mostly stick to Croatian as the language. You would hope/think success in other ex-yugoslav countries would bring them back at some point but the past years show their neighbours choices doesn't alter their choice at all.

Hele.
29th September 2014, 17:02
That's really shame. :( I really was sure it is only one year break (like Portugal or Cyprus) but now it more looks like Slovakia or Czech Republic. And please, do not say anyone it is because of financial reasons. Finance always can be found through sponsors or artists that want to finance their self alone. After all, if countries with smaller standard as Macedonia or Bosnia can participate, Croatia can as well. So, people from HRT, please do not try to convince anyone in your story about lack of finances. There is only ONE reason and that one is: LACK OF INTEREST. Lack of interest could be seen during years from what we have sent through years, but Croatian people were strongly connected with esc. Now, when they ruined everything and made lack of interest, they finally withdrew and do not care any more.
With this situation as it is now, only miracle can change Croatian future at eurovision. Miracle - that there appears someone who will have willies, elan and motive to do it. But to do it with quality. So far I do not see it and yes...I think we can say it now: Croatia can be "welcomed" in team with Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Anyway, I just hope miracle is possible to happen next year and to people from HRT to get change there and that "Croatian esc savior" will appear soon.

Gogerko
29th September 2014, 18:08
They spent 50 000 000 euros for world championship in football this year but they can't 350 000 euros for ESC :oops:

daniels1000
29th September 2014, 21:09
Meh, I'm so dissapointed.

That's really shame. :( I really was sure it is only one year break (like Portugal or Cyprus) but now it more looks like Slovakia or Czech Republic. And please, do not say anyone it is because of financial reasons. Finance always can be found through sponsors or artists that want to finance their self alone. After all, if countries with smaller standard as Macedonia or Bosnia can participate, Croatia can as well. So, people from HRT, please do not try to convince anyone in your story about lack of finances. There is only ONE reason and that one is: LACK OF INTEREST. Lack of interest could be seen during years from what we have sent through years, but Croatian people were strongly connected with esc. Now, when they ruined everything and made lack of interest, they finally withdrew and do not care any more.
With this situation as it is now, only miracle can change Croatian future at eurovision. Miracle - that there appears someone who will have willies, elan and motive to do it. But to do it with quality. So far I do not see it and yes...I think we can say it now: Croatia can be "welcomed" in team with Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Anyway, I just hope miracle is possible to happen next year and to people from HRT to get change there and that "Croatian esc savior" will appear soon.

Absolutely agreed.

Gogerko
29th September 2014, 22:05
I hope we are more like B&H(two years break) :D

Mrm
29th September 2014, 22:32
Pity!

I want Ira from Colonia to represent Croatia with song like:

http://youtu.be/h61R7RdoCXQ

Mlyn
29th September 2014, 23:00
Let's pray a molitva for the return of Croatia!

PamSwynford
29th September 2014, 23:02
Hele. xhail for the post! Svaka riječ je na mjestu!

Hele.
1st October 2014, 18:47
Someone played with Vanna's wikipedia and wrote she is our internal selected artist for esc...xrollinglol

Would be nice to be honest...but it is 99,999999999% lie! Vanna various times stated that she is not interested in eurovision never ever again! She is more "against esc" nowadays. If it was someone other, I even would believe more...but with Vanna, no way...

Although I'm too naive and I'm still hoping...:oops: xcry1

Vanna - Wikipedija (http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanna)

PamSwynford
1st October 2014, 18:55
Well, the same thing was with Natali Dizdar. xlol Btw, the moderator of HRT's forum wants to close the ESC part of the forum, the only active in Croatia. I've sended him two messages why he can't do it, but he said that we argue all the time and Croatia isn't participating, so why do we need to have a ESC forum. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the way how HRT deals with Eurovision!

Yazy
1st October 2014, 19:39
I still remember how our forums used to be active and filled with people commenting all the time, back when we were participating.

But now, they are like ghost towns.

Matt
1st October 2014, 20:42
Unfortunately when a country doesn't participate, the interest in the contest is rather limited. Even once they come back it takes a while for the fans to return. Hopefully Croatia will only be gone for two years like Poland and Bosnia......

PamSwynford
1st October 2014, 21:42
Unfortunately when a country doesn't participate, the interest in the contest is rather limited. Even once they come back it takes a while for the fans to return. Hopefully Croatia will only be gone for two years like Poland and Bosnia......

Knowing HRT, we won't be returning so soon.

Matt
1st October 2014, 22:01
Knowing HRT, we won't be returning so soon.

To be fair, people said the same thing about Poland. I'm not HRT expert so I am not claiming anything but then you never know...All we can do is stay positive :D

Verjamem
1st October 2014, 23:17
I understand the sorrow of Croatian people here (and not only). I experienced being a inactive country for two years in row. It's sad and demotivating, when you can't support your homeland on Eurovision, after a long time of uninterrupted participation. So I hope that HRT will decide to come back in 2016 and my Slavic cousins again will have a fun with contest. Like Matt said - "people said the same thing about Poland". And what's happened? We came back, and nearly made the left side of scoreboard in final :)

Hele.
2nd October 2014, 00:45
I think we can expect official (public) HRT statement at Friday, during tv show, when our JESC song will be shown for the first time. ;) I just wonder if they will comment anything on esc...

Sean
2nd October 2014, 02:46
It doesn't make sense being in JESC and not ESC :lol:

Kate77
2nd October 2014, 11:17
What tv show ??:confused:

I think we can expect official (public) HRT statement at Friday, during tv show, when our JESC song will be shown for the first time. ;) I just wonder if they will comment anything on esc...

PamSwynford
2nd October 2014, 13:53
To be fair, people said the same thing about Poland. I'm not HRT expert so I am not claiming anything but then you never know...All we can do is stay positive :D

Unfortunately, our broadcaster taught us the famous sentence from Dante's Inferno "Abandon all hope, you who enter here.". And I still can't understand why is a stupid thing like "Maestro" a better solution that representing our country in a show who is been watched by 200 million people.

IncognitoGH
2nd October 2014, 14:01
I'm disappointed.

Sammy
2nd October 2014, 15:33
It's really bad news! I was so hopeful that Croatia would return!

Hele.
2nd October 2014, 17:49
What tv show ??:confused:

Puni krug, starts 9:30 am! :)

https://www.facebook.com/emisija.puni.krug

EDIT: I just have realized that song will be presented through 10 days and that we only will meet our artist tomorrow.

Hele.
6th October 2014, 14:33
Croatia most probably to come back in 2016 - The Voice winner to be Croatian representative!

I just read article in (relevant) newspapers, Jutarnji list in which they are describing The Voice. Article says they (HRT) are late with with the show, auditions should start in June and not in September. TV Shows will start in January and it should in November... and also, article mention that some European TV broadcasters selected their eurovision representative through The Voice...and now most interesting part...HRT also has same in plan...but for next year! That's said in article!
Maybe rumor that our representative should be selected through The Voice this year was correct but because of lateness they are not able to do it now as show will be finished only in April (when is traditionally lower tv rating for all tv and obviously it was point to do it earlier because of that) and if it was by plan it would be done in February!

Source: http://www.jutarnji.hr/the-voice-za-najskuplji-show-htv-a-prijavilo-se-vise-od-1000-ljudi/1225371/

Milos-BC
6th October 2014, 14:38
Croatia most probably to come back in 2016 - The Voice winner to be Croatian representative!

I just read article in (relevant) newspapers, Jutarnji list in which they are describing The Voice. Article says they (HRT) are late with with the show, auditions should start in June and not in September. TV Shows will start in January and it should in November... and also, article mention that some European TV broadcasters selected their eurovision representative through The Voice...and now most interesting part...HRT also has same in plan...but for next year! That's said in article!
Maybe rumor that our representative should be selected through The Voice this year was correct but because of lateness they are not able to do it now as show will be finished only in April (when is traditionally lower tv rating for all tv and obviously it was point to do it earlier because of that) and if it was by plan it would be done in February!

Source: http://www.jutarnji.hr/the-voice-za-najskuplji-show-htv-a-prijavilo-se-vise-od-1000-ljudi/1225371/

Awesome news! xcheer :D xheart xheart xheart

xkiss xheart xheart xheart

AshleyWright
6th October 2014, 14:46
Great news that Croatia will most likely be back for 2016. :D

IncognitoGH
6th October 2014, 15:00
Woo! Cool that they are having the Voice winner also. Gonna be a good entry.