PDA

View Full Version : Estonia ESTONIA 2015 - Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye to Yesterday

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

escYOUnited
22nd April 2014, 22:54
http://escunited.com/esc2015/estonia.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWACbw3cqW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXkE1i2X3PA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TiErSeOsLc

eerik
22nd April 2014, 22:59
Estonia is obviously in. The same Eesti Laul format as before. Official announcement for submissions in September/October. Deadline in December, semi-finalists announced the same week. Final versions released in January. Two semi-finals in February. Final in the first week of March. Only major change I can see happening is moving semi-finals back to saturday, and that's not really a big deal anyway.

EscGeek
23rd April 2014, 05:53
Winny Puhh!

Sean
23rd April 2014, 14:29
Bring back The Titles xcry1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bBrrD4C-CM

Tinchey
23rd April 2014, 14:47
Winny Puhh!

+1 xbow

eerik
24th April 2014, 17:07
Eh, this was unexpected. Lenna is working on a melodic rock project with some Italians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7gzfOTicw

I guess we can rule her our of EL2015.

henhu
26th April 2014, 19:29
I hope to see Rolf in Eesti Laul again :lol:

tsegaye
26th April 2014, 20:18
Winny Puhh!

I wonder how many children around Europe would dream nightmares about them if they represented Estonia :lol:

Sean
28th April 2014, 03:24
Winny Puhh would be the annual headline grabbers anyway... (like Conchita and Cascada)

12Points
10th May 2014, 15:38
Grete Paia! :D

Daybreak
11th May 2014, 20:43
I'm calling it now, it will be another hipster-alternative song because people will think Tanja proved that dance songs can't do well.

DanielLuis
11th May 2014, 20:48
Grete Paia! :D

That would be amazing.

martin
12th May 2014, 18:56
Lenna should finally win it. She have been so close and was top 10 with Switzerland

Sean
13th May 2014, 05:42
I'm calling it now, it will be another hipster-alternative song because people will think Tanja proved that dance songs can't do well.

Fantastic! Traffic, Sandra Nurmsalu, The Titles or even SHCBB would've had greater chances of success I believe. Moreso the first two.

eerik
13th May 2014, 16:48
Listened to a radio interview with the head of our delegation and ERR's entertainment director, who pretty much confirmed Eesti Laul 2015 is happening (not that it should surprise anybody) and that they are open to new ideas and suggestions. He was also very cynical when speaking about this year's ESC, saying there were many so-so average songs. He thought some national finals had many great songs by strong performers, yet random mumbles won and went on to the Eurovision. And yes, there was a slight hint (just very slight) that EL2014 and Tanja's victory might have also fallen into that category, although he praised Tanja's performance in Copenhagen.

Sean
13th May 2014, 16:50
So Estonia are confirmed then, awesome :D

AshleyWright
13th May 2014, 17:06
I would love it if the UK confirmed this early. Instead of leaving it as late as possible.

Sean
13th May 2014, 17:07
I would love it if the UK confirmed this early. Instead of leaving it as late as possible.

We will be in, likely with Guy Freeman selecting another entry through Introducing. That's a matter for our own thread though :D

randajad
14th May 2014, 17:59
What about Ewert and the Two Dragons or Iiris?

eerik
14th May 2014, 20:14
It would be a crime if there's no Sven Lohmus's product (Quality Brand) next year :D
In an interview few months ago he revealed his plans to write, produce and release three albums this year. First was confirmed to be Getter Jaani, the other two I guess are Grete Paia and Sandra Nurmsalu. He also did not deny the possibility of debuting a brand new singer this year.

Elina Born is also working on her album but that has no connection with Lõhmus as far as I know. She works with Stig Rästa from Traffic and Outloudz.

Sean
14th May 2014, 20:15
Greip :D

eerik
14th May 2014, 20:17
What about Ewert and the Two Dragons or Iiris?

I could see Iiris as a possible candidate but I would exclude Ewert and the Two Dragons. They are signed to a major US label (Sire Records/Warner Bros) and are working on a new album, which involves foreign co-writers and producers.

Mrm
14th May 2014, 20:23
Eesti laul is FANTASTIC! xove

It's full of alternative music and NO ESC entries.. xup

It would be a bit better if one of them wins, cause usually the most ESC entry wins..but still I like Estonia ESC, it brought quality in many occasions..

eerik
14th May 2014, 20:36
And in other news, Tallinn Concert Hall which has hosted the last five Eesti Laul finals is now named after Nordea and not Nokia. I guess Nokia sponsorship deal ran out and they don't have any money to renew it, the banks on the other hand will never run out of money (they will be bailed out by the government before it happens).

Sean
14th May 2014, 20:48
Eesti laul is FANTASTIC! xove

It's full of alternative music and NO ESC entries.. xup

It would be a bit better if one of them wins, cause usually the most ESC entry wins..but still I like Estonia ESC, it brought quality in many occasions..

Amazing was pretty standard Eurovision :lol:

DanielLuis
14th May 2014, 22:07
I would love for Iiris to participate. Astronaut was brilliant!

eerik
15th May 2014, 19:46
Amazing was pretty standard Eurovision :lol:

Yeah, well, diversity doesn't matter when something dull and generic wins most of the times. It's something I'll discuss in my "Estonia in ESC2014" review when I'll finally write it. Tanja's Amazing hasn't been a "hit" or "success" even in Estonia, I don't think I've heard it a single time outside of ESC context. The "real winners" in terms of commercial success have been Traffic's Für Elise this year and Grete Paia's Päästke noored hinged last year.

estonia
16th May 2014, 00:06
Amazing was quite succesful in Sky Plus Week Charts, it ranked into Top 10.

But anyway about 2015 I would like that format of Eesti Laul 2015 will be changed. And I would like to see Laura Remmel, Elina Born or Koit Toome representing us! :)

Romeo
16th May 2014, 01:27
Bring back EuroLaul

I preferred that to Eesti Laul

eerik
16th May 2014, 11:38
Bring back EuroLaul

I preferred that to Eesti Laul

Worst. Suggestion. Ever.

DanielLuis
16th May 2014, 23:59
I could see Iiris as a possible candidate but I would exclude Ewert and the Two Dragons. They are signed to a major US label (Sire Records/Warner Bros) and are working on a new album, which involves foreign co-writers and producers.

How likely is Iiris' participation?

Sean
17th May 2014, 03:12
Iiris would be great with something like Melyse but I think it's as likely as Kerli

eerik
17th May 2014, 14:46
Iiris would be great with something like Melyse but I think it's as likely as Kerli

There's a pretty big difference between Iiris and Kerli. Iiris works with Estonians and lives in Estonia, Kerli resides in USA and works with foreigners. Kerli's American "carreer" is pretty much dead by now, although she probably won't admit it, and I think there's a bigger chance every year that she might participate in Eesti Laul. I just read that the producer and co-writer of Iiris, Ago Teppand alias Sethh, worked on American band The Used's latest album (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_Enemy_(album)), is also working on Ewert and The Two Dragon's upcoming album, and also wrote two songs for a Bollywood movie, so at least his/their carreer(s) is/are on the right track.

pyryniemi
25th May 2014, 18:21
yessss Iiris Vesik please xpray

henhu
28th May 2014, 22:21
We have confirmed

Eurovision Estonia: ERR confirms participation in Eurovision 2015 (http://esctoday.com/84063/estonia-err-confirms-participation-eurovision-2015/)

henhu
29th May 2014, 20:42
Also, there might be some changes in rules/voting and the dates for Eesti laul might be earlier this time.

estonia
31st May 2014, 11:42
I am also condidering whether to try to make a song for Eesti Laul :D But it's only maybe, I don't know...

theCONWEL
31st May 2014, 12:41
I am also condidering whether to try to make a song for Eesti Laul :D But it's only maybe, I don't know...

You should! why not? :D I might try for ::ch, it wouldn't be very good but as they say #YOLO :lol:

henhu
6th June 2014, 22:46
Getter Jaani wants to represent us again. Would Estonians choose her again?

Getter Jaani Eurovisioonist: tahaks seda kõike veel kogeda | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/uudised/inimesed/2465df1d-16bc-4a2e-b166-c5b46485abfc)

joancamo
6th June 2014, 23:37

Getter Jaani Eurovisioonist: tahaks seda kõike veel kogeda | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/uudised/inimesed/2465df1d-16bc-4a2e-b166-c5b46485abfc)

Please No!! GO AWAY Getter!! It's partially HER fault that Sandra wasn't chosen this year so I dislike her

BTW I prefer a Sandra comeback instead but with that jury I'm hopeless :(

AshleyWright
6th June 2014, 23:58
Shoot me if you want, but I genuinely liked Rockefeller street.

Sean
7th June 2014, 08:40
Jaani would be a boring choice, but I doubt she would be chosen anyway.

eerik
8th June 2014, 21:07

She also said she wants to make babies and become a mother. I'd recommend her focus on that.

EscGeek
15th June 2014, 13:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZUCKGgmb8s

This song is....wow! Send her with something like this!!!xheat

greece
15th June 2014, 13:47
Omg what happened to her :lol:

Nicholas123
15th June 2014, 13:59

Nothing xdmetalxhbangxrockout

SpZ
15th June 2014, 14:07
At this moment my favourite choice by far would be Curly Strings. They have good songs and they actually sound like something from Estonia. (they do have awesome lyrics which wouldn't really work in ESC though). Netherlands this year showed that simple songs can do really well with good staging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlUhVyp0cA

greece
15th June 2014, 17:42
Nothing xdmetalxhbangxrockout

I mean that if you compare this with her song in Eurovision before only 3 years :lol:

randajad
15th June 2014, 18:35
Ahh, Estonian humor. <3

eerik
15th June 2014, 23:21

Nothing. That's not even her singing, it was just a Eesti Laul 2013 interval skit.

eerik
15th June 2014, 23:24
At this moment my favourite choice by far would be Curly Strings. They have good songs and they actually sound like something from Estonia. (they do have awesome lyrics which wouldn't really work in ESC though). Netherlands this year showed that simple songs can do really well with good staging.

They are very hit-and-miss for me, based on the songs I've heard so far. Kättemaks and Kauges külas are in my FSC shortlist, but their biggest hit Maailm heliseb is an obnoxious piece of turd.

eerik
16th June 2014, 16:32
And here's the fanwank Sandra Nurmsalu doing bland and boring, useless covers of old songs. Could it get any worse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOwZC-L07Y

eerik
16th June 2014, 16:34
Würffel featuring Rosanna Lints (Eesti Laul 2013)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln7vxjlmdr8

Their previous tracks featured Marvi Vallaste (backing vocalist for Ott and Tanja)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgUjKu4t35M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aey-jpr9QOM

12Points
16th June 2014, 19:28
And here's the fanwank Sandra Nurmsalu doing bland and boring, useless covers of old songs. Could it get any worse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOwZC-L07YLooks like you hate her, are you her ex-boyfriend? :lol:

greece
17th June 2014, 08:54
Nothing. That's not even her singing, it was just a Eesti Laul 2013 interval skit.

I mean the kind of song. From Pop to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Whatever Rock

henhu
20th July 2014, 00:01
I hope we will send something different from europop. And I wish that we would do like Finns and make our national selection 100% televoting.

eerik
20th July 2014, 01:36
And I wish that we would do like Finns and make our national selection 100% televoting.

Finnish national selection UMK is not 100% televoting, they used Eesti Laul as a role model and Heidy Purga as a consultant for YLE. Enough said.

henhu
20th July 2014, 02:09
Finnish national selection UMK is not 100% televoting, they used Eesti Laul as a role model and Heidy Purga as a consultant for YLE. Enough said.

They changed it for 2015. http://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2014/05/26/lehdistotiedote-umk-uudistuu-tee-biisi-nyt-osallistu-syyskuussa

eerik
20th July 2014, 20:14
They changed it for 2015. Lehdistötiedote: UMK uudistuu - Tee biisi nyt, osallistu syyskuussa! | UMK2015 | yle.fi (http://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2014/05/26/lehdistotiedote-umk-uudistuu-tee-biisi-nyt-osallistu-syyskuussa)

Okay, I wasn't aware of that. Anyways, I don't and won't support the idea of 100% televoting. Kreisiraadio winning in 2008 is enough proof that our general public can not be trusted. I'd rather go 100% jury or closed internal selection than 100% televoting.

There are some things that I'd like to see changed. Not revealing jury top 5 in semis, not revealing jury results in the final while televoting is still going on, having three super-finalists instead of two.

DanielLuis
21st July 2014, 01:57
Okay, I wasn't aware of that. Anyways, I don't and won't support the idea of 100% televoting. Kreisiraadio winning in 2008 is enough proof that our general public can not be trusted. I'd rather go 100% jury or closed internal selection than 100% televoting.

There are some things that I'd like to see changed. Not revealing jury top 5 in semis, not revealing jury results in the final while televoting is still going on, having three super-finalists instead of two.

Agree with everything, specially the 'not revealing the jury results while televoting is going on' part. The televoting should be closed before the jury voting starts, otherwise it really distorts what the public would have voted for.

Sean
22nd July 2014, 13:24
The two-song superfinal is the main change needed. The less offensive of the two will win rather than perhaps the best choice

eerik
23rd July 2014, 22:05
The two-song superfinal is the main change needed. The less offensive of the two will win rather than perhaps the best choice

I don't think that has been the problem before this year. It's just that for the last two years, the third placed song has actually been the most successful one. In 2010 and 2011, I would have prefered the third placed songs (Maagiline päev and Valss) to win over the two super-finalists. I've only been happy with the super-finals of 2009 and 2012, which also happen to be our most successful years since Eesti Laul started.

Mickey
26th July 2014, 14:55
In 2013, Grete beat Birgit in the first phone vote, but then the more inoffensive song won in the run off. You could argue that, as Birgit won the first round when you include the juries, she deserved the win, but it does show the two-person superfinal has an effect.

According to her twitter, Iiris is back in the studio with Sethh. Maybe she'll have something for us in the new year.

DanielLuis
26th July 2014, 15:03
In 2013, Grete beat Birgit in the first phone vote, but then the more inoffensive song won in the run off. You could argue that, as Birgit won the first round when you include the juries, she deserved the win, but it does show the two-person superfinal has an effect.

According to her twitter, Iiris is back in the studio with Sethh. Maybe she'll have something for us in the new year.

We can only hope!

And in 2013 Grete Paia deserved to win! "Et uus saaks alguse" was not bad, but Grete Paia's entry was far superior and it would have been very unique in the ESC. I think it'd have place better than Birgit did.

SpZ
26th July 2014, 19:18
Well Birgit was already the 3rd artist who managed to win the super final while getting less televotes than the other song in the 1st stage.

Starmania
5th August 2014, 11:19
I can feel that there will be a Getter Jaani comeback. Also, I loved the acts who made their debut in Eesti Laul in the latest edition and I'm hoping for same amount of newcomers. It'd be awesome if Helen Adamson sends a song this year.

hunty73
5th August 2014, 14:27
Lets hope the rumours are true and Iiris is in the studio and enters Eesti.The Magic Gift Box was an amazing album and IMO will be seen as a classic in years to come.Her live performances are incredible.When she performs "Glimmering" you see how talented she is.Shes over in the UK at the moment a lot.
She should be much more famous than she is and Eesti and Esc would be perfect for her to showcase her work.The problem is though as mentioned above her televote if she made a super final probably wouldnt beat the safe entry and you could never see Iiris doing anything safe.
Shes come close before and id say is at the top of her game now.Fingers crossed she enters.

henhu
5th August 2014, 14:45
I wouldn't mind Iiris, but it is so true that people go for a safe choice in super final (more famous artist and more typical Eurovision song) :(

eerik
5th August 2014, 23:36
I can feel that there will be a Getter Jaani comeback. Also, I loved the acts who made their debut in Eesti Laul in the latest edition and I'm hoping for same amount of newcomers. It'd be awesome if Helen Adamson sends a song this year.

Helen Adamson is not getting anywhere near Eesti Laul semi-finals if she keeps doing such generic and outdated songs. I only like her Jovanotti cover but that's because it's Jovanotti...

Starmania
6th August 2014, 01:20
Helen Adamson is not getting anywhere near Eesti Laul semi-finals if she keeps doing such generic and outdated songs. I only like her Jovanotti cover but that's because it's Jovanotti...

I agree that she has only the "Kas Tead" cover to listen to. But with a good production/composer team, she'd be one of the favorites. Still I don't see it likely though, just a wish :)

Cyberbliss
7th August 2014, 14:14
Watch it from the outside: Sandra Nurmsalu has got the looks and the voice, her own recognizable style of singing and a greater international appeal than any of the Getter's and Iris's. You see her on video and you're stuck on her performance. With Urban Symphony she was the most elegant moment of all ESC's I can remember. I can't really understand why producers are so mean on her. I'm happy she's coming back in music industry after her maternity stop but, let's admit it, "Kui tuuled pöörduvad", with a good staging and a more powerful arrangement, would have been another top 5 :p

::ee you've got a diamond mine and you see copper :D

hunty73
7th August 2014, 21:51
[QUOTE=Cyberbliss;1307653]Watch it from the outside: Sandra Nurmsalu has got the looks and the voice, her own recognizable style of singing and a greater international appeal than any of the Getter's and Iris's. You see her on video and you're stuck on her performance. With Urban Symphony she was the most elegant moment of all ESC's I can remember. I can't really understand why producers are so mean on her. I'm happy she's coming back in music industry after her maternity stop but, let's admit it, "Kui tuuled pöörduvad", with a good staging and a more powerful arrangement, would have been another top 5 :p

I like Sandra but Iiris is different league.Id rate Iiris as one of the most talented artists in Europe.Ok its hard to tell how shed do in ESC because she wouldnt enter anything generic.However i think something like "Glimmering" or "Tigerhead" would be top 10 contenders.Possible shed top the jury scores.What Iiris has in her favour is shes as contemporary as it comes,and that counts.

Cyberbliss
7th August 2014, 23:52
What Iiris has in her favour is shes as contemporary as it comes,and that counts.

That's the point: she's deliciously anti-pop and it's something relatively new and fresh. "Tigerhead" is absolutely gorgeous. At the moment though, I still don't see her like a winner in an ESC contest... In case it's Iiris, ok, I'll manage. But let it not be Getter again, please :lol:

randajad
8th August 2014, 10:58
Iiris would be something different, something fresh, and a positive shock to Europe. Glimmering, Tigerhead, Astronaut, Weirdo are gems. Still, I would be soooo happy to see Laura competing. :D

hunty73
8th August 2014, 13:40
I agree Iiris would be very very unlikely to win an ESC but anything is possible with the right song.Plus winning isnt everything.How many people in Europe even know she exists?.Seeing her at ESC would make a lot of people search out her work and they would be in for an amazing treat when they found The Magic Gift Box,a work of pure genious.
You would have to think all the songs mentioned above by randajad would top 5 the jury votes and get a really solid televote.ByeAlex were anti-pop in a similar way to Iiris (though not as talented) and scooped up a lot of votes.In a way being the only quality left field artist can be a great boost as there is a big demographic who really go for unique contemporary quality.
I just think its time that Estonia showed the world it has some real cutting edge artists,because it has.

DanielLuis
9th August 2014, 00:38
I don't think it would be that hard for Iiris to do well. As hunter said with the right song everything is possible. I genuinely think with "Astronaut" Iiris would have been, at the least, top 10 in 2010.

hunty73
9th August 2014, 12:19
I don't think it would be that hard for Iiris to do well. As hunter said with the right song everything is possible. I genuinely think with "Astronaut" Iiris would have been, at the least, top 10 in 2010.

I agree Daniel Astronaut was a fantastic song.If you look back then at Iiris though you can see she was still learning her game.Move forward to now and shes at the top of her craft in every area.Her songs as we know are quite niche and perhaps not easily accessible to a Saturday night ESC televoter though.However her songs (and her) always have amazing staging potential.That would be key to her chances.Perfect staging would invite the viewer into her strange little world and they would then see her as something wonderfully different.Done right there is no doubt shes a top 10 prospect at ESC.
It will be interesting to see the Eesti line up thats for sure.

eerik
24th August 2014, 13:14
Meanwhile...

Kõrsikud covered Winny Puhh's "Meiecundimees üks Kosakov läks eile Lätti". (http://etv.err.ee/v/kultuurisaated/kontserdid/balti_kett_25/videod/03319acb-06a9-4d83-ad01-06c1340de0f3)

Mickey
27th August 2014, 23:06
Just heard the latest single from Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVzPdnQS6pw

henhu
9th September 2014, 14:28
Eesti laul 2015 will be earlier than usually!
There will be one very big change this year, but this will be revealed later! (top 3 superfinal? televoting only? more semifinals?)
Normet Eesti Laulust: tulemas on tähtis muudatus, mis võib muuta nii mõndagi saatust | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/uudised/tele/b0143dbc-918b-463f-9711-d4a5ba26ca09)

eerik
9th September 2014, 18:38
We just can't and won't go back to televoting only and there's not enough quality to fill more than two semis.

Mickey
9th September 2014, 19:16
An earlier Eesti Laul is great news. It normally falls the weekend after a friend's birthday, so I rarely get to see the final live. Hopefully it will be early enough to fill the massive UMK-shaped hole in Jan/Feb.

Starmania
10th September 2014, 09:39
It was always like Melfest final took place the week after Eesti Laul final. It will be sad to see that tradition no longer applies. The early March Eesti Laul worked for me always, but I hope the grand final won't be on the same day with some crucial preselections.

henhu
11th September 2014, 19:12
Winny Puhh will release a new album on 28 September.
https://soundcloud.com/winnypuhh/tugevad-ja-lahevad
I hope to see them in Eesti Laul (and in Eurovision).

eerik
11th September 2014, 20:10
Winny Puhh will release a new album on 28 September.
https://soundcloud.com/winnypuhh/tugevad-ja-lahevad
I hope to see them in Eesti Laul (and in Eurovision).

It will be a best of collection for their 20th anniversary and that is an old, previously unreleased song.

eerik
15th September 2014, 14:55
Wilhelm are kickstarting their debut album (http://www.hooandja.ee/en/projekt/ansambel-wilhelm-debuutalbum) - for €5 euros they are offering two songs not played at concerts yet. Eesti Laul return seems likely.

Rolf "Junior" Roosalu has also expressed his desire to return. (http://menu.err.ee/v/uudised/muusika/55c3628a-1045-414f-83da-d1683fb48463)

SpZ
17th September 2014, 10:01
Eesti laul will have 3 song "superfinal" this year. The dates were also announced:

Deadline for submitting entries 1st December
Top 20 jury picks are done by 5th of December.
1st semi 7th February
2nd semi 14th February
Final 21st February.

AshleyWright
17th September 2014, 11:32
Oh is that it? A 3 song super final? I was hoping they would get rid of it all together. I hate super finals.

anselm
17th September 2014, 11:55
It's still a lot better than a 2-song superfinal (Y)

eerik
17th September 2014, 13:31
Epp Kõiv revealed two new songs yesterday. Something like this needs more edgy production to be competitive but I have a feeling we'll see her in Eesti Laul next year. "Seiklus" is the first single from her upcoming debut album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06cRC6qMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vPcEh4Zik

Sean
17th September 2014, 18:55
A 3 song superfinal is fantastic news. No anti-voting anymore!

eerik
24th September 2014, 15:43
New song from Anu Taul (of Neiokõsõ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLRuKLtGUFg

Not sure what language this is, definitely not modern Estonian, doesn't sound like Võro either, probably Mulgi.

lilka
24th September 2014, 15:47
New song from Anu Taul (of Neiokõsõ).

Not sure what language this is, definitely not modern Estonian, doesn't sound like Võro either, probably Mulgi.
Sounds great! :)

eerik
30th September 2014, 11:09
Iiris' collab with some Italian producer called EBY. Getaway. (https://soundcloud.com/ebysound/eby-feat-iiris-getaway)

randajad
2nd October 2014, 14:32
What about Troom Niitoja & John4? I like their songs. :D

eerik
8th October 2014, 19:10
Põhja-Tallinn will participate with a song called "Me saame hakkama", at least that's what radio Sky Plus reported this morning.

Can be heard here @ 10:00 - http://soundfiles.skyplus.fm/podcast/hommik/plus_2014-10-08_07-00-00.mp3
Or here @ 06:00 - http://heli.er.ee/helid/r2/RR2040iH1732.mp3

henhu
8th October 2014, 19:27
Põhja-Tallinn will participate with a song called "Me saame hakkama", at least that's what radio Sky Plus reported this morning.

Can be heard here @ 10:00 - http://soundfiles.skyplus.fm/podcast/hommik/plus_2014-10-08_07-00-00.mp3

So they already started advertisting. Hopefully they won't be disappointed on December 5th :p

eerik
8th October 2014, 19:42
It is good enough to be in the top 20, possibly top ten material. Music video is apparently coming soon, here's behind the scenes footage:

http://vimeo.com/107382870

Mickey
8th October 2014, 20:20
Quite a novelty to hear Pohja-Tallinn not using a bloody children's choir.

jaan
8th October 2014, 21:05
It is good enough to be in the top 20, possibly top ten material. Music video is apparently coming soon, here's behind the scenes footage:

http://vimeo.com/107382870

Is Kenneth only going solo or still part of the group? Would be fun to see a battle between him and his former bandmates.

eerik
8th October 2014, 21:10
Kenneth is still in the band, "that other guy" left.

eerik
12th October 2014, 17:11

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY4BWxbhwaI

Cyberbliss
13th October 2014, 14:36

No no no!!! See ei ole ilus!! :o

eerik
14th October 2014, 11:48
Sad news today. Tarmo Leinatamm, our conductor in 1996 and 1997 (for Kaelakee hääl and Keelatud maa respectfully) and more notoriously a member of Kreisiraadio in 2008, has died after a long struggle with cancer, at the age of just 57.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/leinatamm1996.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/leinatamm1997.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/leinatamm2008.jpg

Milos-BC
14th October 2014, 11:58
Very sad :( R.I.P.

IncognitoGH
14th October 2014, 15:23
RIP indeed. Sad news. I'm starting to really like Estonia as a country now. Love the language and culture, so hoping for a good entry this year.

EscGeek
14th October 2014, 15:46
:(..

hunty73
14th October 2014, 16:03
Sad news,lets have some Ines and Birgit to cheer us up on Laula Mu Laulu,Ott was on the same show,)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBzsUtytxa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG2vouS2hek

viva Estonia,

henhu
16th October 2014, 14:37
Looks like Jüri Homenja will participate in Eesti laul too with song ''Costa Rica'' (will be soon released).
https://www.facebook.com/jhomenja/photos/a.711241338921315.1073741825.490345334344251/838352719543509/?type=1&theater
Quite sure semifinalist/finalist?

eerik
16th October 2014, 15:53
Quite sure semifinalist/finalist?

LOL, really doubtful.

jaan
16th October 2014, 19:09
LOL, really doubtful.

He will be this years Tamra/Maltised.

jaan
16th October 2014, 19:20
Slippery Slope will release their newest single "Careful" soon - I really like the song and it's exactely 3 minutes long. Unfortunately they played it live in the end of August. I guess they will send it in, might get selected and will be kicked out again.

https://soundcloud.com/slipperyslopeofficial

Sean
16th October 2014, 20:09
Slipper Slope sound like a band who could be achieving much more but are instead going with bland pop-rock

eerik
17th October 2014, 09:51
He will be this years Tamra/Maltised.

It all depends on the song, but I don't see Homenja having any qualities to make it to the semis. Tamra was profound and heartfelt, Maltised were a cachy guilty pleasure. Homenja is ??? He had his moments 10-15 years ago but I have no idea what he has been up to in the last decade. The name of his song (Costa Rica) doesn't sound too promising either. Maybe I have too high expectations again, but he won't be in the semis. But then again... we all remember how Tauri Anni managed to slip through (before getting disqualified).

eerik
17th October 2014, 09:56
New single from Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band --- Breakaway (http://heli.er.ee/helid/1635802.mp3). Getting better with every song. Debut album, Countdown to Jesus, next month! I doubt they'll return to the contest this year but they certainly have the material to do it if they decide so.

eerik
21st October 2014, 11:23
Getter Jaani and a former Põhja-Tallinn member. So bland and boring. Don't even understand why Getter is credited as the main artist on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukS-4tn3rU

eerik
21st October 2014, 17:00
Epp Kõiv revealed two new songs yesterday. Something like this needs more edgy production to be competitive but I have a feeling we'll see her in Eesti Laul next year. "Seiklus" is the first single from her upcoming debut album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06cRC6qMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vPcEh4Zik

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI55EPU76gU

pinkchiffon
22nd October 2014, 18:24
The second one (Kuldne) is my favorite. I agree that these songs are too mellow for ESC, but I would love it if she competed with something dark and atmospheric.

Is there a language quota in Eesti Laul, or just a strong Estonian language music culture? I'm always pleasantly surprised by how many Estonian language songs compete, when most NFs that offer the option are overrun by English.

eerik
22nd October 2014, 20:31
There are no quotas. Overall rules for the songs are pretty much the same as ESC: 3 minutes, no political message, no explicit language, etc.

I can't speak about other countries but I can say that Eesti Laul aims to give an overview of the whole local music scene and it's not just about who wins and goes to the ESC.

Mickey
22nd October 2014, 23:12
I guess it also helps that Estonian language winners of Eesti Laul have a 100% qualification record at ESC.

eerik
23rd October 2014, 16:32
Our sweet little white trash rapper / freak of nature TOMM¥ €A$H aka Tommy Cash will release his debut album as a free download next week. He joked about participating last year. Maybe he'll do it this time for real? He should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVgCjgc19XI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhWzIIhJE9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA3abisFXA

jaan
23rd October 2014, 18:16
I guess it also helps that Estonian language winners of Eesti Laul have a 100% qualification record at ESC.

No. Most of the artists just send songs in the language they are usually singing in.

Starmania
23rd October 2014, 23:52
I love the recent song of Getter Jaani, from the first listening. Another collabs of her ("Meelelahutajad" and "Rannamaja") grew on me later.
As for Epp Kõiv, I love her so much ! I guess a possible Eesti Laul entry from her won't be as sensational as the remix of "Linn On Minu", but still I want her to try.
Another member of my wishlist is Triin Niitoja & John 4. Something like "Jää" would be great.
My opinion for Tommy Cash would depend on the song, he's quite good I must say.

eerik
24th October 2014, 11:43
Tenfold Rabbit has a new album "Fools" coming in November. Third attempt, maybe?

eerik
28th October 2014, 21:47
Sad news. Heidy Purga, the mother of Eesti Laul, announced today that she has joined a political party and will run for Parliament in March. Such disappointment. Why, Heidy, why?! xcry1:cry:

Nikkita
28th October 2014, 22:39
Tommy Cash reminded me of Die Antwoord, which is a band made by two satirist artists. I don't think he's serious in this ''white trash'' thing but it'd make an amazing joke entry.

Starmania
28th October 2014, 23:10
Sad news. Heidy Purga, the mother of Eesti Laul, announced today that she has joined a political party and will run for Parliament in March. Such disappointment. Why, Heidy, why?! xcry1:cry:

I saw the news today. I later realized that she will resign from supervisor position. She had radio show as well in Raadio 2. What do you think will happen now ? I hope it won't be a start of another 2004-2008 dark era. I guess she won't have anything to do with ERR anymore, right ?

eerik
28th October 2014, 23:24
I saw the news today. I later realized that she will resign from supervisor position. She had radio show as well in Raadio 2. What do you think will happen now ? I hope it won't be a start of another 2004-2008 dark era. I guess she won't have anything to do with ERR anymore, right ?

I'm not worried about Eesti Laul. Mart Normet, the head of ERR's entertainment department, seems to be a big supporter of the idea and format of the competition and has seemingly taken even a bigger role in the recent years (especially during Purga's maternity leave, of course). Something like 2004-2008 won't repeat again, there have been too many (positive) changes in ERR. I'm just personally disappointed in Purga's decision.

toinou03
29th October 2014, 12:44

That's sad. :(

And which party is she joing ? :o

eerik
29th October 2014, 14:51
And which party is she joing ? :o

The Reform Party, the one that's ruled for nearly 10 years now and still blames Soviet occupation for everything.

eerik
31st October 2014, 01:16
It'd be awesome if Helen Adamson sends a song this year.

Her album is out now. Available on Spotify and elsewhere.

eerik
3rd November 2014, 13:34
Four weeks until the deadline day!

Here's a new track from Vöörad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovuC6D4wiA

SpZ
3rd November 2014, 20:34

Actually she told that she wont resign from any off stage work (at least before the elections) and she will continue her radio show online.

eerik
5th November 2014, 09:39
Tenfold Rabbit has a new album "Fools" coming in November. Third attempt, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0xOu2bwZo

Mickey
9th November 2014, 13:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0xOu2bwZo

Really enjoyed that. I'd say it's the best song I've heard from Tenfold Rabbit. I hope we see them back in Eesti Laul.

jaan
9th November 2014, 20:08
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s600x600/10456442_714007035348438_6715196601638883871_n.jpg ?oh=7edae0dbeb5edfd1582ce51be1834907&oe=54E90ABC&__gda__=1423437658_2f2274a723d84ccabe2946411f67ef3 3

henhu
11th November 2014, 23:00
Triin Niitoja & John4 will participate in Eesti laul, they said in Terevisioon.
Their new song (probably not what they sent)

2G7Bxs-d8sE

eerik
12th November 2014, 15:57
They obviously wont participate but here's the first single from Ewert and the Two Dragons' new album. Pictures (https://soundcloud.com/ewertandthetwodragons/single-pictures).

jaan
12th November 2014, 16:15
Triin Niitoja & John4 will participate in Eesti laul, they said in Terevisioon.
Their new song (probably not what they sent)

2G7Bxs-d8sE

Nice! I like them.

eerik
12th November 2014, 17:50
Vallatud vestid (Ott Lepland, Tanel Padar, Jalmar Vabarna) & Kõrsikud (Orelipoiss, Bonzo, Päss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ztZJV1g43o

jaan
12th November 2014, 18:13
Vallatud vestid (Ott Lepland, Tanel Padar, Jalmar Vabarna) & Kõrsikud (Orelipoiss, Bonzo, Päss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ztZJV1g43o

This would win the superfinal with 100.000+ votes. But they won't. Won't they? Nah, they won't, or ...

SpZ
16th November 2014, 10:07
Edit: nothing much here

eerik
18th November 2014, 15:37
Suspiciously just under three minutes. xthink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6XrTg81OB0

revallsay
18th November 2014, 15:40
I don't like this.

jaan
18th November 2014, 16:12

Finally! I'm waiting for them since ages!

jaan
18th November 2014, 16:25
A sure non-qualifier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0v3tZV0v_8

Sean
18th November 2014, 17:47

I like this!

eerik
19th November 2014, 19:49
A sure non-qualifier

Yeah, I very consciously did not post it myself yesterday. Makes me wonder if such generic, poorly written, poorly produced music really has an audience these days. I don't think so. That Jüri Homenja song mentioned earlier also appears to be on youtube. It's equally bad and not worth anyone's time.

eerik
23rd November 2014, 01:09
I guess a possible Eesti Laul entry from her won't be as sensational as the remix of "Linn On Minu"

Looks like Demie, the guy who remixed "Linn on minu", might participate with his own track called "Kuum" (Hot). Female vocalist, not sure who it is exactly, but not Epp.

eerik
24th November 2014, 12:03
One week until the submissions deadline day.
Ten days until the selection annoucement.

jaan
25th November 2014, 15:51
Might slip through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4TH50rXT0E

Mhmmm:
https://soundcloud.com/maitmait/sadam-sopruse-puiestee

eerik
26th November 2014, 19:00
Looks like Demie, the guy who remixed "Linn on minu", might participate with his own track called "Kuum" (Hot). Female vocalist, not sure who it is exactly, but not Epp.

Well, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ch6lAgThE

henhu
28th November 2014, 15:19
Randomly found a song that Airi Ojamets (Eurolaul 2004, 2005) submitted to Eesti laul.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=733680016724278
Probably not good enough for semis, but who knows.

eerik
28th November 2014, 15:58
Umm, yeah. Not worth anyone's time. Why even bother...

Gerly
28th November 2014, 18:10
There have been submitted 36 songs by now. But as the deadline is the 1st December, there will be definitely more. Sometimes singers submit their song even at the last second.

eerik
28th November 2014, 18:27
Sometimes singers submit their song even at the last second.

*Always. Deadline day is a media event and everybody wants attention and free publicity. Heck, even I could put on fancy clothes and go there with an empty envelope, talk some bullshit to the journalists and get my face to TV and news sites.

eerik
28th November 2014, 18:37
By the way, Ines released a new song last week. Põlen sinu ees (https://soundcloud.com/edaines/polen-sinu-ees).

Good to see her releasing new material. She hasn't done much in the recent years. Hoping to hear much more from her in the future. Especially now that her brother is in the big business and evem more successful than she. Though they've already worked together in the past.

jaan
28th November 2014, 20:13
*Always. Deadline day is a media event and everybody wants attention and free publicity. Heck, even I could put on fancy clothes and go there with an empty envelope, talk some bullshit to the journalists and get my face to TV and news sites.

Two cider if you do it. 8-)

jaan
29th November 2014, 14:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEP59Pq4Z1c

Written by Eendra and Aapo Ilves.

jaan
29th November 2014, 15:02
Do we ever had the partner of a prime minister taking part in Eurovision? No? So I guess it's going to happen:

https://soundcloud.com/luisa-vark

eerik
29th November 2014, 15:51
Do we ever had the partner of a prime minister taking part in Eurovision? No? So I guess it's going to happen:

https://soundcloud.com/luisa-vark

Not a fan of Luisa at all but that's actually a pretty decent song. Tabloid "scandals" incoming...

jaan
29th November 2014, 15:55
Not a fan of Luisa at all but that's actually a pretty decent song. Tabloid "scandals" incoming...

Indeed! Especially as Heidy is a member of Reformierakond now.

jaan
29th November 2014, 16:10
Let's pray that they will finally send a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwyTRFPbH9k&feature=youtu.be

eerik
29th November 2014, 16:14
Let's pray that they will finally send a song

Unfortunately, that's an old song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoNfyyZsTJE) and just yesterday I read they are not planning to record new material (http://menu.err.ee/v/uudised/muusika/5b982af1-f211-4370-b10b-ad941510a3e3).

eerik
30th November 2014, 14:46
One day until the deadline day. (14 CET, 01.12.2014)
Four days until the semifinals selection announcement. (~18.20 CET, 04.12.2014)

henhu
30th November 2014, 15:58
From potential semifinalists that I have heard so far, I like ''Sinuga jään'' the most.
It will be interesting to see how many famous/known artists participate this year.

henhu
1st December 2014, 01:31
I found a demo that positively surprised me. From unknown 16 or 17 years old singer.
It has potential in my opinion and should be semifinalist unless someone like Sofia Rubina gets its guaranteed spot.

im4DJyBKdSo

jaan
1st December 2014, 02:23
I found a demo that positively surprised me. From unknown 16 or 17 years old singer.
It has potential in my opinion and should be semifinalist unless someone like Sofia Rubina gets its guaranteed spot.

im4DJyBKdSo

Sounds shitty. I prefer this masterpiece: https://soundcloud.com/rj-the-big-bangers/troublesdemo

Go Robin!

eerik
1st December 2014, 07:47
Not a fan of either of those. The girl has a very annoying voice. Sofia is at least a well trained professional singer with great vocal abilities.

jaan
1st December 2014, 11:11
Things are starting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROuW_gQ2ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzGp8hbBJJY

eerik
1st December 2014, 13:01
New track from Tanja, though I doubt she'll participate this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uni-zh_Rom4

jaan
1st December 2014, 13:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0bCauofRoI

eerik
1st December 2014, 14:27
Deadline has passed! First pictures here: Galerii: Eesti Laulu tähtaeg kukkus | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/galerii/53736257-c2af-4a86-bb1e-869f5d071552)

jaan
1st December 2014, 14:34
Deadline has passed! First pictures here: Galerii: Eesti Laulu tähtaeg kukkus | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/galerii/53736257-c2af-4a86-bb1e-869f5d071552)

Wohooo! Time to spot some familiar faces!

anselm
1st December 2014, 14:38
Ugh, Rolf Roosalu again.

eerik
1st December 2014, 14:59
More photos: Galerii! Vaata, kes tõid viimasel hetkel oma lood Eesti Laulule - Elu24 : Eesti staarid (http://elu24.postimees.ee/3011065/galerii-vaata-kes-toid-viimasel-hetkel-oma-lood-eesti-laulule)

jaan
1st December 2014, 15:05
Uiuiui!

Eesti Laulu rekord tuleb täna! Pööraselt palju laule on laekunud, hetkel käib andmete sisestamine.

eerik
1st December 2014, 15:38
Another set of photos: GALERII | Eesti Laulu tähtaeg kukkus! Lea Dali Lion: tõin konkursile iseendast rääkiva loo | Õhtuleht (http://www.ohtuleht.ee/606220/galerii-eesti-laulu-tahtaeg-kukkus-lea-dali-lion-toin-konkursile-iseendast-raakiva-loo)

eerik
1st December 2014, 15:42
219 submitted songs. That's a new record by a large margin!

2015 - 219
2014 - 189
2013 - 157
2012 - 159
2011 - 140
2010 - 155
2009 - 110

SpZ
1st December 2014, 15:49
Does anyone know if there is some more info about who submitted stuff in ringvaade today?

eerik
1st December 2014, 15:54
Does anyone know if there is some more info about who submitted stuff in ringvaade today?

I'm sure there will be. You can see Reimo Sildvee interviewing people in the photos.

eerik
1st December 2014, 20:46
I'm sure there will be. You can see Reimo Sildvee interviewing people in the photos.

Here it is: Vaata, kes tõid oma lood viimasel hetkel Eesti Laulule | Menu | ERR (http://menu.err.ee/v/eestilaul/f3394641-5328-4b76-868d-e6fe13cf372f)

Many returning names from last year, inclduding NimmerSchmidt, State of Zoe and Nion.

Mrm
2nd December 2014, 00:42
Many of them are promising and some are fresh and new, Elina Born is FANTASTIC, her 2013 Eesti Laul performance is brilliant, I hope they will choose her for 2015 competition..Rolf Roosalu AGAIN?? LOL :D Pohja-Tallin, Wilhelm and Elina Born are THE BEST!! :*

eerik
2nd December 2014, 12:05
Don't worry. Rolf's entry (https://play.spotify.com/track/0cr1gAKlRgut63kP2YrSTb) is really boring and probably won't make it to the semis. I'm expecting the same story as in previous years: well-known artists with poor songs will fail to qualify for the semis.

jaan
2nd December 2014, 18:03
First sure qualifier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUlxuw8JOk

eerik
2nd December 2014, 18:09
I don't think so... Lemsalu failed last year with something that sounded a lot more promising, but this one sounds so miserably dull and dry. Can't imagine it being among the twenty semi-finalists.

jaan
2nd December 2014, 18:38
I don't think so... Lemsalu failed last year with something that sounded a lot more promising, but this one sounds so miserably dull and dry. Can't imagine it being among the twenty semi-finalists.

Dry? Really? I love it!

Another serious contender seems to be State of Zoe: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=729316263788239&set=vb.147114405341764&type=2&theater (even if it sounds a bit like their 2014 effort)

eerik
2nd December 2014, 18:50
Yes, dull and characterless, easily forgettable and it sounds so early-2000s, not 2014.

It's still two days before the selection is announced and I'm already slowly losing all hope... :|

AshleyWright
2nd December 2014, 18:52
Yes, dull and characterless, easily forgettable and it sounds so early-2000s, not 2014.

It's still two days before the selection is announced and I'm already slowly losing all hope... :|

At least you have hope to begin with. :mrgreen:

jaan
2nd December 2014, 18:52

I'm sure that you can put all your trust in Ithaka and Merka. :lol:

eerik
2nd December 2014, 18:59
I'm sure that you can put all your trust in Ithaka and Merka. :lol:

LOL. I'd rather hope Sven Lõhmus did something interesting this year. He planned to write and produce three albums this year but has released only two songs so far... He must have something worthwhile.

henhu
2nd December 2014, 19:31
First sure qualifier:

I love it too! Much better than her 2013 song which qualified for semis.

jaan
2nd December 2014, 19:34
LOL. I'd rather hope Sven Lõhmus did something interesting this year. He planned to write and produce three albums this year but has released only two songs so far... He must have something worthwhile.

Getter seems obvious. And maybe a new artist?

Soren
3rd December 2014, 14:55
I take it Sandra will not be returning after the robbery from last year?

jaan
4th December 2014, 02:28
Getting ready for something epic:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10616291_10203070907446047_3124077795809262927_n.j pg?oh=7f16943f11a9d490d8efc075f67bd195&oe=550F825E&__gda__=1425856328_b72e2e34c32629103abc6eac228e3d4 8

Verjamem
4th December 2014, 04:19
I don't know who will participate in this NF, but I hope that Estonia will send to Vienna something more inventive and interesting than this year "Euphoria Vol. 2".

eerik
4th December 2014, 11:20
ERR just revealed more than they probably should have... You can do the detective work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/16511709503F062FE9896E59348E6D92AFC1B6308B194831CE DE74DD49110184.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/4E5A490821863AFB07B359DB05991FEFDF9BC7C9673EAFBD7C 1944FC053329DE.jpg

Sven Lõhmus with Grete Paia & Laura collab called "We Are".

jaan
4th December 2014, 12:39
ERR just revealed more than they probably should have... You can do the detective work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/16511709503F062FE9896E59348E6D92AFC1B6308B194831CE DE74DD49110184.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/4E5A490821863AFB07B359DB05991FEFDF9BC7C9673EAFBD7C 1944FC053329DE.jpg

Sven Lõhmus with Grete Paia & Laura collab called "We Are".

xrose

henhu
4th December 2014, 13:20
Grete Paia and Laura won't qualify for semis if Sven Lõhmus composed their song. And Kõrsikud should seriously get kuupilet...

eerik
4th December 2014, 13:24
Grete Paia and Laura won't qualify for semis if autor is Sven Lõhmus.

Because Sven Lõhmus is the most successful songwriter in Eesti Laul's short history, having won it twice, finishing second, third and fifth once. Am I right? Or what is the logic behind your claim?

henhu
4th December 2014, 13:30
Because Sven Lõhmus is the most successful songwriter in Eesti Laul's short history, having won it twice, finishing second, third and fifth once. Am I right? Or what is the logic behind your claim?

Last year jury votes.

eerik
4th December 2014, 13:37
Last year jury votes.

Which included Getter Jaani, who is a "product" of Sven Lõhmus and owes her whole carreer to him... Time to get over Sandra's fifth place.

Let me give you a more valid reason why Grete and Laura should not qualify for the semis: Laura is an employee of ERR. She has her own radio show on Raadio 2.

But then again, nobody cared when Winny Puhh participated. They had not just one, but two ERR employees, including Eesti Laul's broadcasting director who was working behind the stage when he wasn't on it.

henhu
4th December 2014, 13:44
I actually meant jury votes for Sandra last year. But we 'll see, I really hope to see them qualifying, because that duo including song title sounds promising.

eerik
4th December 2014, 14:01
I actually meant jury votes for Sandra last year. But we 'll see, I really hope to see them qualifying, because that duo including song title sounds promising.

I understood what you meant. Sandra failed with jury voting in the final last year. But:

1. Getter Jaani was on that jury and even she gave low points to Sandra.
2. Most members of the jury are different each year, with only few being regulars.
3. Two members of that EL2014 final jury are in the pre-selection jury this year. One of them, Koit Raudsepp, gave his maximum points to Sandra and praised it a lot. The other, Siim Nestor, gave her 4 points, which was the most common number of points she got.
etc.

There is absolutely no truth behind the claims that Eesti Laul juries hate Sven Lõhmus. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

Here is a timeline of Sven Lõhmus and Eesti Laul:
2009 - Participates with Urban Symphony and Laura. Urban Symphony wins it, Laura finishes third. After ESC in Moscow, Sven Lõhmus says he is done with Eurovision and won't return.
2011 - Lõhmus breaks his word and returns with Getter Jaani. She wins it. After ESC in Düsseldorf, Lõhmus says he will return if he has the right artist to do it.
2013 - Lõhmus is back, this time with Grete Paia. Grete finishes second, losing to Birgit Õigemeel in the televoting super-final.
2014 - Lõhmus is back once again, now with Sandra Nurmsalu's solo. Finishes fifth.

No other songwriter has been as successful as Sven Lõhmus. Perhaps only Rolf Roosalu and Jaan Pehk come close.

eerik
4th December 2014, 14:04
By the way, Põhja-Tallinn says they are not participating (https://twitter.com/PTLNPTLN/status/540351553711136768) this year. I don't know where those Radio Sky Plus guys got their information then...

jaan
4th December 2014, 16:14
Looks like the list is based on the order they opened the envelopes. So maybe Maia has also a Lõhmus-song?

eerik
4th December 2014, 16:46
Looks like the list is based on the order they opened the envelopes. So maybe Maia has also a Lõhmus-song?

Very likely.

jaan
4th December 2014, 16:55
Very likely.

Let's see the positive side: No Getter :geek:

eerik
4th December 2014, 17:21
Let's see the positive side: No Getter :geek:

I think I would prefer Getter over Maia...

eerik
4th December 2014, 17:32
Okay, 30 minutes until Ringvaade starts at 18 CET. If Eesti Laul is the first section of today's show we should know all the semifinalists by ~18.20 CET.

It usually goes like this:
Interview with Heidy Purga
Overview of the selection process
Annoucement of the semi-finalists

You can watch Ringvaade here:
ETV otse | ERR (http://live.err.ee/etv/)
LeiserTV (http://leisertv.com/)

jaan
4th December 2014, 17:47
Anybody up for some last minutes predictions?

I guess we'll see Grete & Laura, Maia, Stig Rästas new band Computer Love, Triin Niitoja & John4, Kõrsikud, Liis Lemsalu, Elina Born and Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band. I hope for (S)Iiris, Ewert & The Two Dragons (yes, I know ...) and Curly Strings and I definitely don't want to hear the names of Rolf, Margus, Janne, Artjom, Ithaka, Lea and Semy.

henhu
4th December 2014, 17:53
Kõrsikud are 100% in, Super Hot Cosmos Band too (if they sent their song). Greta Paia & Laura should qualify, not so sure about Triin Niitoja & John4. I would like to see Liis Lemsalu and Lea too. Would be interesting to see if Elisa Kolk qualifies, probably not.

anselm
4th December 2014, 17:54
The Estonian weather show is so soothing.

eerik
4th December 2014, 17:55
I'm pretty sure SHCBB had no interest in participating this year.

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:01
Meh, Eesti Laul is not the first topic today. :(

henhu
4th December 2014, 18:01
Heidy Purga isn't the first guest :(

anselm
4th December 2014, 18:03
Bring on Heidy already xheart

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:04
Meh, Eesti Laul is not the first topic today. :(

I remember the good old days where Vaido Naigaus was invited to perform his song right before the announcement.

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-MwbQlOXs

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononono! No!!

Starmania
4th December 2014, 18:11
Võistlusele Eesti Laul 2015 laekus rekordiline arv lugusid - 219 muusikapala! | Eesti Laul 2014 | ERR (http://eestilaul.err.ee/7f2349e4-14b8-45fe-9c69-b7b2dad6d846)
Eesti Laul was not the first topic, in the link says 5th of December. So tomorrow it is then ?
I'm still watching it tho :)

anselm
4th December 2014, 18:12
Did they just use the instrumental of See alles jääb as background music for the dinosaur clip?

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:13
Võistlusele Eesti Laul 2015 laekus rekordiline arv lugusid - 219 muusikapala! | Eesti Laul 2014 | ERR (http://eestilaul.err.ee/7f2349e4-14b8-45fe-9c69-b7b2dad6d846)
Eesti Laul was not the first topic, in the link says 5th of December. So tomorrow it is then ?

Nope, it's always been like that. It says 5th of December by the latest. They have always announced it a day earlier and have already confirmed it will be today.

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:13
Did they just use the instrumental of See alles jääb as background music for the dinosaur clip?

It was "Tule ja jää" not "See alles jääb".

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:14
I'm still watching it tho :)

During the Ringvaade preview in the news they said that they will announce the acts today.

Starmania
4th December 2014, 18:14
Nope, it's always been like that. It says 5th of December by the latest. They have always announced it a day earlier and have already confirmed it will be today.
I still have my snacks and keep watching Ringvaade :) Thanks for the info.

anselm
4th December 2014, 18:15
It was "Tule ja jää" not "See alles jääb".

Aaah yes. Both are awesome anyway xheart

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:20
Tambret. Saw him in some german movies. xballon

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:28
Jesus, Mart Poom. What's next? Some grocery store opening in Narva?

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:30
Jesus, Mart Poom. What's next? Some grocery store opening in Narva?
NONO xshhh Mart is great!

jaan
4th December 2014, 18:35
NONO xshhh Mart is great!

I know, I like him, too, and he can have as much screentime as he wants to present whatever he wants - but not when I'm waiting for the Eesti Laul line up!!! ;)

henhu
4th December 2014, 18:47
Anybody remembers how long it usually takes to show selection process clips and announce semifinalists?

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:48
Anybody remembers how long it usually takes to show selection process clips and announce semifinalists?

10-20 minutes. Still over 15 minutes of Ringvaade to come.

anselm
4th December 2014, 18:49

I think it all goes quite quickly iirc

henhu
4th December 2014, 18:54
Wow, so long pointless clip!

eerik
4th December 2014, 18:56
Yay, finally!

anselm
4th December 2014, 18:56
Queen Heidy xbow

eerik
4th December 2014, 19:02
No Sven Lõhmus, LOL.

jaan
4th December 2014, 19:02
WTF?!

jaan
4th December 2014, 19:03
1. Karl-Erik Taukar – Päev korraga
2. Bluestocking – Kordumatu
3. Daniel Levi – Burning Light
4. The Blurry Lane – Exceptional
5. Elina Born & Stig Rästa – Goodbye to Yesterday
6. Liis Lemsalu & Egert Milder – Hold on
7. Kali Briis Band – Idiot
8. NimmerSchmidt – Kellega ma tutvusin?
9. Miina – Kohvitassi lugu
10. Mari – Kolm päeva tagasi
11. Demie feat. Janice – Kuum
12. Wilhelm – Light up your mind
13. Airi Vipulkumar Kansar – Saatuse laul
14. Elisa Kolk – Superlove
15. Triin Niitoja & John4 – This is our choice
16. Kruuv – Tiiu talu tütreke
17. Robin Juhkental & The Big Bangers – Troubles
18. Elephants from Neptune – Unriddle me
19. Maia Vahtramäe – Üle vesihalli taeva
20. Luisa Värk – Minu päike

anselm
4th December 2014, 19:08
Eesti Laul: Participants revealed | ESCunited.com (http://www.escunited.com/home/eesti-laul-participants-revealed/)

jaan
4th December 2014, 19:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU3-4TqsDak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4IontJ0Sw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ch6lAgThE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaPjylRXx3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzGp8hbBJJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9l78kdjqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMyR_odD9Y

anselm
4th December 2014, 19:09
This line-up seems kinda random :o But yaaay at Robin Juhkental, Nimmerschmidt and Wilhelm xheart No Kõrsikud though :(

henhu
4th December 2014, 19:10
I said that jury hates Sven Lõhmus!'
Horrible semifinalists! I can already say that we will be in bottom 3 of semifinal 2015.
LOL at Luisa Värk qualifying, there is so obvious reason behind that!
ONLY Liis Lemsalu can save the year!!!

jaan
4th December 2014, 19:34
Mhm, after the first WTF-moment I guess it's quite a promissing line up. Might be good to get rid of the common EL names for a year (or two).

eerik
4th December 2014, 19:37
Yay for Elina!
Yay for Kali Briis!
Yay for NimmerSchmidt!
Yay for Wilhelm!

Nay for Karl-Erik!
Nay for Liis!

WTF @ Airi Vipulkumar Kansar, how the fuck did this get through?!

nunaney
4th December 2014, 19:42
I love the Estonian language so much xheart I really hope an Estonian song will win.

anselm
4th December 2014, 19:50
Did Heidy say anything interesting in the Ringvaade interview?

eerik
4th December 2014, 19:54
Did Heidy say anything interesting in the Ringvaade interview?

She said the total number of submissions was so big partly because many arstist sent three songs. She suggested that next time artists should not compete with themselves and send just one. Also said there were no entries that got upvoted by every jury member.

Gerly
4th December 2014, 20:14
I almost never find any super great songs from Eesti Laul before the semifinals. This time is not an exception, but well..there are a lot of songs that have not been published to us yet.
So far Liis and Luisa song is quite okey =)

Such a disappointment from Karl-Erik. He writes always hits and now a song like that :/

henhu
4th December 2014, 20:27
Ranking of heard songs.

1. |★★★★★★★★★★| Liis Lemsalu & Egert Milder ''Hold On''
2. |★★★★★★★★★★| Elisa Kolk ''Superlove''
19. |★★★★★★★★★★| Elephants From Neptune - Unriddle Me
20. |★★★★★★★★★★| Karl-Erik Taukar ''Päev korraga''
21. |★★★★★★★★★★| Luisa Värk ''Minu päike''
22. |★★★★★★★★★★| Miina ''Kohvitassi lugu''|
23. |★★★★★★★★★★| Airi Vipulkumar Kansar ''Saatuse laul''
24. |★★★★★★★★★★| Robin Juhkental & The Big Bangers ''Troubles''
25. |★★★★★★★★★★| Demie feat. Janice ''Kuum''

Elina Born & Stig Rästa and Triin Niitoja & John4 might have something good, but otherwise the worst Eesti Laul year.