PDA

View Full Version : Describe your perfect eurovision

EscGeek
1st February 2014, 14:20
Guys and girls,it's time to fantasize :p
This is how I imagine "the perfect eurovision"

-51 participating countries:37 of this year + Bulgaria,Serbia,Bosnia&Herzegovina,Croatia,Cyprus,Turkey,Slovakia,Czech Republic,Andorra,Luxembourg,Monaco + Liechtenstein,Kazakhstan and Kosovo
-no automatic qualifiers
-3 semi finals (Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday)
-17 countries in each semi final
-10 qualifiers from each semi final = 30 finalists
-the average amount of points in the final (or in semi final if the country didn't make it) from the last 5 participations would decide in wich semi final is one country
-1st semi final:1-Azerbaijan 191,4 (207+145+221+150+234=957/5=191,4) (hope you know what i mean)
2-Sweden 142,8
3-Russia 138,2
4-Denmark 131,8
5-Norway 130
6-Turkey 128,8
7-Ukraine 124,4
8-Greece 119,2
9-Italy 115
10-Armenia 105.4
11-Germany 103,2
12-Serbia 95,4
13-Bosnia & Herzegovina 89,4
14-Romania 83 (In case of a tie,the country with better placings in the last 5 years has the advantage)
15-Georgia 83
16-Iceland 82,6
17-Estonia 70,2
-2nd semi final 18-Moldova 69
19-Albania 66,8
20-United Kingdom 63,6
21-France 61,2
22-Malta 58,2
23-Belgium 56,8
24-Ireland 49,4
25-Spain 49,2
26-Israel 47
27-Portugal 46
28-Lithuania 43,4
29-Macedonia 43,4
30-Netherlands 40,4
31-Croatia 39,8
32-Poland 38,8
33-Finland 36,4
34-Hungary 35,6
-3rd semi final
35-Belarus 34,2
36-Monaco 33
37-Bulgaria 32,8
38-Montenegro 32,2
39-Slovenia 31
40-Cyprus 30,2
41-San Marino 29,25
42-Andorra 29
43-Austria 26,6
44-Switzerland 24,4
45-Slovakia 22
46-Luxembourg 19,2
47-Latvia 14,6
48-Czech Republic 3,33
49-Kazakhstan 0
50-Kosovo 0
51-Liechtenstein 0

-all countries vote in all 3 semi finals + in the final
-one vote per person
-orchestra becomes optional
-running order decided by draw only (no wildcards...)
-other rules i didn't mention,remain unchanged

GRE
1st February 2014, 15:29
What a nice thread !
My perfect Eurovision will have:
-At least 48 countries (among them Liechtenstein,Morocco,Lebanon,Tunisia)
-3 semifinals (6 qualifiers from each semi +6 in the Final)
-5 votes per phone
-10 jury members for each country

greece
1st February 2014, 17:15
My perfect Eurovision
-50+ countries
-4semi finals
-2 ex soviet in each semi(or 3)
-One nordic in each semi
-2 Balkan countries in each semi
-NO JURIES
-Only televoting sistem
-Big five+host would sing live in each semi (2 in the first two semis and 1 in two last semis)

WuttabKR
1st February 2014, 17:20
- All EBU broadcasters in Caucasia and Europe
- Eastern Block and Balkan Block and Nordic Block are split equally in 2 semifinals
- The Big 5 are disbanded into semifinals
- ALL JURIES
- Juries must be professional and NOT politically aligned
- Orchestra is recommended
-

Jim
3rd February 2014, 01:21
-An open "Eurovision song contest", which it means to see also countries from other continents if they are interested to participate, like Australia, South Africa, Argentina, Japan or Canada...
-At least 50 countries in the contest
-Maybe all the countries will have to qualify through the semi-finals into the grand final of the contest
-All the countries will can choose how to vote, for example Greece 100% televoting, Spain 50-50 or Brazil 100% jury.
-Juries must contain 5-10 persons.
-If a country wants to use orchestra, then it can use it!

esc87fan
3rd February 2014, 05:55
If this ranking and averages system were to stay in place, I think it would be neat to add two wildcard entries - one for the best jury average and one for the best televote average among the non-qualifiers

ParadiseES
5th February 2014, 21:40
My country winning every year. The rest is up to EBU :D

Salmon
6th February 2014, 16:50
Replace it with NSC. xheart

But seriously:

No juries
Language rule (though that one is debatable)
Orchestra
ONE (sic) vote per phone
Azerbaijan being banned :p
MOAR EHTNO
As many countries returning as possible
Top 6 of the previous year prequalifying (lol NSC)
National commentators no longer brabbling into half of the performances

Yeah, I'm quite a traditionalist.

zoyuxi
8th February 2014, 18:36
No one mentioning allowing instrumental songs??

Gera11
8th February 2014, 18:58
Editions in non-winning countries. Like at Olympic Games. This way some countries would not sent trashy/bland just to avoid winning.
But, of course, the winning country has priority.

doctormalisimo
9th February 2014, 17:23
Songwriters have to be citizens of their country
No Big 5 - Top 5/10 of last year automatically in the final
One vote per phone
One semi full of Nordics, USSR and Balkans (eg Semi 1 - Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Romania, Greece, Bosnia, Serbia, Moldova)
Top 8 from each semi qualify, along with highest televote and juries pick (eg last years qualifiers would have been Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belgium, Netherlands, Belarus, Ireland, Austria (jury pick) and Montenegro (televote pick); Azerbaijan, Greece, Norway, Malta, Romania, Iceland, Armenia, Hungary, Georgia (jury pick) and Switzerland (televote pick)
Jurors must be actual people that people have heard of

Dubstep recommended
No ballads

Salmon
9th February 2014, 18:32
Editions in non-winning countries. Like at Olympic Games. This way some countries would not sent trashy/bland just to avoid winning.
But, of course, the winning country has priority.

In my mind, I already see the Azeri delegation in front of the EBU headquarters, carrying several suitcases full of money...

And btw, I agree with every single of David's words

lilka
10th February 2014, 01:22
My country winning every year. The rest is up to EBU :D

Oh, a nice idea, I was going to write the same about my country. :lol:
And Petra Mede as the host every year. :D

Jim
10th February 2014, 22:09
Oh, a nice idea, I was going to write the same about my country. :lol:
And Petra Mede as the host every year. :D

Petra Mede was very cold as a hostess. I don't like her so much... xshrug

ParadiseES
11th February 2014, 01:55
Petra Mede was very cold as a hostess. I don't like her so much... xshrug

She was a great host, but I agree she was a bit cold and lacked of spontaneity. But I think it was not her fault, but the producers and scriptwriters of the show's.

r3gg13
11th February 2014, 09:53
The perfect ESC would be when an American broadcaster finally airs this show on TV :lol: Live preferably... who watches afternoon golf anyway, let's just replace that with ESC :mrgreen:... but I'm willing to compromise with a delayed telecast. As long as I can watch the show in HD, or hell even in standard definition, at one point during ESC night, I would be a happy camper.

AshleyWright
13th February 2014, 13:38
My perfect eurovision would be where the BBC actually tries. :D

Happiness
13th February 2014, 16:20
I don't get the wish of less qualifiers. What point makes Eurovision better by this? More withdraws and shorter final night?

Jim
13th February 2014, 20:18
I don't get the wish of less qualifiers. What point makes Eurovision better by this? More withdraws and shorter final night?

I agree! :mrgreen:

lilka
14th February 2014, 12:14

The same for TVP. :lol:

Pepe90
14th February 2014, 15:03
i would be pleased already, if we had less predictable votes and winner (i find it annoying that the bookies almost every time predict the winner)
and a close battle for the top spots.
and maybe an "exotic" winner like san marino, portugal or cyprus

greece
14th February 2014, 15:07
i would be pleased already, if we had less predictable votes and winner (i find it annoying that the bookies almost every time predict the winner)
and a close battle for the top spots.
and maybe an "exotic" winner like san marino, portugal or cyprus

Like the old good Eurovision...!

Magizian
17th February 2014, 13:40
The one where I take part.

Happiness
18th February 2014, 18:45
The one where I take part.

https://twitter.com/Eurovision/status/435770989407125504 :D

ESCFr
22nd February 2014, 00:40
- The three least-ranked Big 5 members allocated to a semi-final.
- The three most-ranked no-Big 5 members ( except the winners ) replace them.
- Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Kazakhstan, Tunisia and Kosovo compete.
- Every Balkan country ( except Serbia and Bulgaria, due to the participation of Kosovo ) + Cyprus returns.
- Andorra, Luxembourg and Monaco returns.
- Czech Republic and Slovakia returns.
- Three semi-finals held in other cities than the Grand Final host.
- 10 qualifiers at each semi-final + a country saved by the national juries.
- A "lucky country" who is directly qualified for the finals but don't vote in the semi-finals.

This will be like :

Big 6
-Denmark
-Azerbaijan
-Ukraine
-Italy
-Sweden
-United Kingdom

Lucky country
-Latvia

First Semi-Final ( Herning )

Denmark and Azerbaijan vote in this semi-final.

01.Bosnia & Herzegovina
02.Luxembourg
03.Cyprus
04.Poland
05.Monaco
06.Armenia
07.Switzerland
08.Ireland
09.Georgia
10.France
11.Slovenia
12.Tunisia
13.Spain
14.Kosovo

Second Semi-Final ( Horsens )

Ukraine and Italy vote in this semi-final.

01.Croatia
02.Belgium
03.San Marino
04.Andorra
05.Finland
06.Belarus
07.Germany
08.Albania
09.Lebanon
10.Estonia
11.Montenegro
12.The Netherlands
13.Slovakia
14.Romania

Third Semi-Final ( Fredericia )

Sweden and the United Kingdom vote in this semi-final.

01.Greece
02.Russia
03.Norway
04.Czech Republic
05.Lithuania
06.FYR Macedonia
07.Iceland
08.Malta
09.Liechtenstein
10.Moldova
11.Israel
12.Austria
13.Kazakhstan
14.Portugal

Grand Final ( Copenhagen )

01.Iceland
02.France
03.Ukraine
04.Israel
05.Slovenia
06.Bosnia & Herzegovina
07.Portugal
08.United Kingdom
09.Russia
10.San Marino
11.Armenia
12.Denmark
13.Czech Republic
14.Monaco
15.Estonia
16.Italy
17.Slovakia
18.Germany
19.Croatia
20.Liechtenstein
21.Austria
22.Belgium
23.Azerbaijan
24.Malta
25.Greece
26.Switzerland
27.Sweden
28.The Netherlands
29.Poland
30.Latvia
31.Lebanon
32.Georgia
33.Norway
34.Spain
35.Lithuania
36.Cyprus
37.Belarus

As i think, if Poland win, then Greece and The Netherlands are coming behind, and that Denmark, Italy and Ukraine are no longer part of the top 6, here's the way it should be :

-Poland
-Sweden
-Greece
-Azerbaijan
-The Netherlands
-United Kingdom

GRE
22nd February 2014, 20:20
37 songs in the Grand Final ?
Ok its your dream,you do whatever you want,
I think it might be at least 4 hours show ! :o

greece
22nd February 2014, 20:36
Or the songs could be 1.5 minutes

Jim
22nd February 2014, 20:53
Or the songs could be 1.5 minutes

Or the songs could be 0:30 seconds at maximum...or even not to have ESC anymore! :? :lol:

greece
22nd February 2014, 22:30
Well I didn't say that this will happen....but it is the only way to came back to 3 hours

r3gg13
23rd February 2014, 15:21
I guess more realistically speaking, an ideal ESC for me would be whenever a performer that I like competes, or my favorite entry wins.

Less realistically, when having an orchestra is an option again!

Salmon
23rd February 2014, 18:49
- Every Balkan country ( except Serbia and Bulgaria, due to the participation of Kosovo ) + Cyprus returns

I laughed more at this than I should have. :lol:

But three semis... come on, this isn't WV :lol:

Happiness
25th February 2014, 06:54
Nah, orchestra at the background is not aesthetic at all.

Nikkita
3rd March 2014, 19:29
- Can contain Andorra,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Turkey,Morocco...(any European or European-related country)except Azerbaijan and Armenia.I'm open to politics but not ''cold war'' on stage.
- A middle-sized full LED stage,like a tinier version of 2009's.Also fans should be close to the stage so we can all feel the enthusiasm.
- Diversity in songs (like some jokes,some dancy songs,some ballads,some rock,some indie,some metal...)
- Theme should contain symbols can be accorded to all countries' flags.Also the postcards must be about the artist's country but blended with the host country,creative ideas like 2009 or 2008 are ideal.
- 2 semifinals(20 song in each) + 1 final with 25 songs are ideal.As fans we can't get enough but as an example,Turks has to keep awake till 2 a.m,so it shouldn't be so LONG :lol:
- A opening with the previous year's winning song would be perfect,like 2007's.
- Jury effect must be %25 so they can't sabotage the fun,but they can sabotage the block voting(did they ever sabotaged that?)

Above this,any Eurovision had my wishlist participants would be the best :lol:

r3gg13
3rd March 2014, 20:57
- Can contain Andorra,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Turkey,Morocco...(any European or European-related country)except Azerbaijan and Armenia.I'm open to politics but not ''cold war'' on stage.
- A middle-sized full LED stage,like a tinier version of 2009's.Also fans should be close to the stage so we can all feel the enthusiasm.
- Diversity in songs (like some jokes,some dancy songs,some ballads,some rock,some indie,some metal...)
- Theme should contain symbols can be accorded to all countries' flags.Also the postcards must be about the artist's country but blended with the host country,creative ideas like 2009 or 2008 are ideal.
- 2 semifinals(20 song in each) + 1 final with 25 songs are ideal.As fans we can't get enough but as an example,Turks has to keep awake till 2 a.m,so it shouldn't be so LONG :lol:
- A opening with the previous year's winning song would be perfect,like 2007's.
- Jury effect must be %25 so they can't sabotage the fun,but they can sabotage the block voting(did they ever sabotaged they?)

Above this,any Eurovision had my wishlist participants would be the best :lol:

Your comment about the juries is nice. I actually would love to see that too!

CaraMia
4th March 2014, 02:02
Indeed, that 25% of power for the juries would be a nice idea! :)

JamesUK1990
4th March 2014, 22:08

You say that like it's a bad thing!! :P I always think the more the merrier, so a Eurovision with no semi and 50 contestants... bring it on!!!

AshleyWright
5th March 2014, 00:41

It has happened. xbow

Kaz
9th March 2014, 01:07
Replace it with NSC. xheart

But seriously:

No juries
Language rule (though that one is debatable)
Orchestra
ONE (sic) vote per phone
Azerbaijan being banned :p
MOAR EHTNO
As many countries returning as possible
Top 6 of the previous year prequalifying (lol NSC)
National commentators no longer brabbling into half of the performances

Yeah, I'm quite a traditionalist.

I think not. The juries are there to balance out anomalies in the televoting.
If there were no juries, last year Romania would have been 7th, and Moldova 19th.
Or in 2012, Greece and Italy would swap positions. Greece 9th, Italy 17th.
I rest my case.

Pepe90
13th March 2014, 03:24
Azerbaijan being banned :p MOAR EHTNO

i totally agree with your last point, i HATE some commentators, but why ban azerbaijan? because it's not democratic? then also ban belarus.
or because of it's politics with armenia? i think "negative politics" are not worse than "positive politics" like always exchanging 12 points,
even though i have to say azerbaijan is the best example for both extremes haha

midnightsun
26th January 2017, 16:29
I have thought some time about it. How to make a fair Eurovision and make all people happy? Well, this you probably can't. But you can try coming close to. I would love to discuss my thoughts with you, whether you like them or not! :) Opinions are welcome.

My perfect Eurovision would be:

-> Only 20 countries taking part. My reason to limit it to 20 is simply, because each song gains more attention and people do remember them better. 26 songs are far too many, most people I know will be asleep at the end.

-> The big 5 are abolished. The songs which are set for the finale are 1.) last year's winners plus b.) place no. 2-6 as a "reward" for their good result.

-> All other countries must do a semi-finale first. The two semi-finals are limited to 28 countries. If there are more than 28 participating songs, a preselection must take place as it happenend in the early 90s. Scandinavian countries, Balkan countries, Ex-sovjet countries, middle European countries etc. have to pass the preselection of their region. In each semi-final, 14 songs are participating - seven will pass.

-> As a "reward", the winner country of the previous year is entitled to choose its starting number in the final. All other countries' starting positions will be drawn randomly.

The exciting part: the voting!

-> Entitled to vote are all countries, who participated in the final and semi-finals and the pre-selections.

-> The voting is 50% juries / 50% tele-voting

-> The juries are a group of 10 people of all ages, gender, professions and music-experts (as they had in the pre-1997 years) AND they vote in the same final as the audience does. There is no special "jury final". In modern times like these it won't be a problem to generate the results of the juries quickly. They have the whole evening to scribble their notes and to draw up a list/ranking 1 - 12 points. They are in a room locally at the venue, "monitored" by the executive producer (or similar).

-> The votes of the countries of the semi-finals/pre-selections are displayed at once at the beginning of the voting.

-> Now the voting starts as we all know it from the earlier days: all 20 finalist countries are reading their points, one by one, from 1 to 12. :) (maybe they can generate the reading order based on the results to make it more exciting)

revallsay
28th January 2017, 16:40
HOT HITS! All song are hot hits! RainyWoods

tuorem
28th January 2017, 22:04
My perfect Eurovision would be full house (all European countries, including Luxembourg, Slovakia, Andorra and Liechtenstein).

-Each country would sing in their own language again (because English would not be fashionable anymore).
-There would be a much greater variety of music genres: pop, rock, jazz, opera-pop, electronic music, country, raggae, rap, metal, country, etc... Give 'em all to me!
-The overall quality level of the music would be much higher: nations would tend to push boundaries more often.
-The random draw would be back again and the jury members (20 people per country) would actually be monitored properly.
-The parade of the grand final would be extended to the semis and would become a tradition over the years.

That's all I can think of right now :lol:

midnightsun
29th January 2017, 00:41
...the jury members (20 people per country) would actually be monitored properly.

This is something I do VERY wish for. How can it be most jury members have similar rankings? Of course, the ranking is not exactly the same but apart from some minor discrepancy they often have the same countries in their votings. Nobody can tell me this happens accidently.

Stiven
29th January 2017, 10:16
This is something I do VERY wish for. How can it be most jury members have similar rankings? Of course, the ranking is not exactly the same but apart from some minor discrepancy they often have the same countries in their votings. Nobody can tell me this happens accidently.

It's because they vote in the same room and share their opinions. Although I do support having a jury I do believe they should be separated and that they shouldn't be allowed to share their opinions between each other. a set up like we have internet cafes could work:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/95/7c/9f/957c9f669890c947db673455a2e1e9b7.jpg
Each juror will have his/her monitor and headphones, a small division will prevent them from peeping into the other jurors results and the supervisor will make sure everything goes alright.

esc87fan
29th January 2017, 22:54
That's what I think the juries should do: instead of voting together at the same table, they should be separated into separate rooms or divided by partitions like Stiven suggested. That way each juror can judge each act on their own merit without coersion from the other jury members

MyHeartIsYours
31st January 2017, 01:05
Venue: Echo Arena, Liverpool / Hosts: Petra Mede and Eric Saade

Televoting worth 75% / jury voting worth 25%.

Include 9 and 11 points.

Scrap the national juries - have a single international jury made up of one musician from each EBU + Associate EBU country not participating, which votes on the final performance, not the rehearsal.

Spokespersons from each country read out the televoting 10, 11 and 12 points, after all countries have voted the international jury reveals its points.

Include Russia to make a Big 6.

30 countries in the Grand Final - 7 pre-qualifiers, top 10 from each Semi Final and 3 losers 'wildcards'.

The pre-qualified countries can choose when they would like to perform in the Grand Final.

Semi finalists vote in the opposite Semi Final to the one they perform in, pre-qualified countries can vote in both.

All EBU memberstates and all Associate EBU memberstates that are "European" by majority are able to participate eg Canada, United States, Chile all can, China, India, South Africa all can't.

Non-sovereign countries of EBU memberstates like Gibraltar and Greenland can participate.

LastDreamer
31st January 2017, 07:27
100 % jury

Exclude non-European countries (Australia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Israel, Turkey) , maybe Russia and Cyprus too

Exclude Ukraine (for sending awful songs almost every year)

United Kingdom can send 4 songs (each from one region : Wales, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland), if they want it.

No Big 5 and without automatic qualification for the host country, all songs start with the semifinals stage.

BernadetteCydonia
25th October 2017, 03:16
With all my favourites qualifying, of course. :D

Realest
5th July 2018, 22:22
- No Big5
- No Non-European Countries
- No Diasporavoting allowed
- 2 Semis with 21 Countries where the Top 12 Qualifies
- Bigger Jurys

B3stbeats
18th November 2018, 00:04
Same rules from before 1999. But with more countries.

Be like Festival de San Remo and Festivali I Kėngės

anaraqueen
18th November 2018, 00:41
BOPS and BOPS

EDC0708
18th November 2018, 19:58
I would change everything!

Return of the Orchestra
Return of language rule
Randomly drawn running order
Reduce length of the interval
No Comedy Sketches, as these don't seem to work.
Postcards show the host nation

Semi Finals
Each participating country split into six groups based on previous voting patterns, and divided equally between the two semi's.
All countries can vote in both semi finals.
100% televoting, but countries can only vote for songs in other participating groups. E.g. if Group A featured Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia and F.Y.R. Macedonia, these countries could not vote for each other.
Top 8 Qualify.

Final
100% Televoting, all countries can vote for any country except their own.
Ten Automatic Qualifiers:
Big 5
Host Country (or next highest ranked nation if Big 5 country is host)
Most recent Junior Eurovision Winner (or next highest if already qualified)
Most recent Eurovision Dance Contest Winner (or next highest if already qualified) - it would be back if I was in charge :)
Most recent EYM Winner (Even Years) or EYD winner (Odd Years) (or next highest if already qualified)
Most Recent Eurovision Choir of the year winner (or next highest if already qualified) (Odd Years) or randomly selected wildcard (even years)
Top eight qualifiers from each semi final

All points read out, with the camera cutting to each of the 8-12 points as they are awarded.