PDA

View Full Version : Australia

Quent91
20th May 2013, 01:22
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b9/Flag_of_Australia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

I'd like to see the EBU exceptionally allowing Australia to participate for the 60th contest as a special guest and to thank them for their loyalty and faithfulness towards the Eurovision :D

But it's never gonna happen, though :(

dizzydjc
20th May 2013, 01:56
Great idea, just for a one off would be good.

I hope the 60th celebrations generally are going to be exceptionally good, like have 50 countries participate for one year or something.

Jim
20th May 2013, 02:33
Yes, EBU has to do something with Australia!!! :p

Yamarus
20th May 2013, 16:14
I agree, they should be a guest contestant in 2015!

esc87fan
20th May 2013, 23:20
Being a Commonwealth member with Australia, as a Canadian I find it kind of weird that I'm among the small group of non-Europeans who actually know about the contest. I wish there was some way for the EBU to generate some interest for those outside Europe like North America, etc. in the competition aside from live streaming of the semis and the final

VasilijeM
20th May 2013, 23:46
It'd be great! xheart

lucian-crusher
21st May 2013, 13:24
But what about the time zone? :)

Verjamem
21st May 2013, 17:09
Australia is more interested in Eurovision more than some European countries, so why not ? EBU should agree they to enter in 2015.

Matt121
22nd May 2013, 10:45
Only problem is that we also have the AFC Asian Cup also in that year

cegs5
22nd May 2013, 15:18
No, definitely NO! Australia is not member of EBU

theCONWEL
22nd May 2013, 19:41
It would be pretty epic for Australia to host the contest one time :D the acts would get a holiday out of ESC haha!

esc87fan
22nd May 2013, 21:42
Australia did give the contest the man who would be known as Mr. Eurovision *wink*

SRBIJA
22nd May 2013, 22:18
Big and definitive NO. They have nothing to do with Europe, are not members of EBU. Plus time zone.

Yamarus
22nd May 2013, 22:36
Big and definitive NO. They have nothing to do with Europe, are not members of EBU. Plus time zone.

Not to take part as a competing entry, just a featuring act to celebrate the 60th anniversary.

lucian-crusher
23rd May 2013, 00:24
Not to take part as a competing entry, just a featuring act to celebrate the 60th anniversary.

And if they win....?

Quent91
23rd May 2013, 00:43
And if they win....?

let's do it in Sydney, then :D

Yamarus
23rd May 2013, 12:33
And if they win....?

Not to take part as a competing entry, just a featuring act.

Adrian
23rd May 2013, 18:25
Eurovision down here does attract a large viewing audience and some (like myself) find that they are very interested in the show and the entries both past and present. Australia, as you know, has had a few singers participating for example Olivia Newton John in 1974 and Jane Comerford in 2006 with Texas Lightning for Germany. I think that the constant mention to Australia every year, which has been happening, and that video that our commentator did in the show this year is more than enough. And yes we have commentators that go every year so that we have an Australian view of what is happening over there, instead of having to listen to the BBC commentary

HabaHaba
24th May 2013, 05:34

Uh, you do realize that 70% of our population IS European, right?

HabaHaba
24th May 2013, 05:37
Eurovision down here does attract a large viewing audience and some (like myself) find that they are very interested in the show and the entries both past and present. Australia, as you know, has had a few singers participating for example Olivia Newton John in 1974 and Jane Comerford in 2006 with Texas Lightning for Germany. I think that the constant mention to Australia every year, which has been happening, and that video that our commentator did in the show this year is more than enough. And yes we have commentators that go every year so that we have an Australian view of what is happening over there, instead of having to listen to the BBC commentary

Well said, Adrian. I mean Johnny Logan represented Ireland and Gina G represented the UK! And don't forget that Australian-Greeks wrote the Greek entry for 2009. We have had a lot to do with the contest in the past. I mean SVT called SBS Australia and asked them if they would be interested in filming a sequence as to why people from Australia love Eurovision.

Quent91
24th May 2013, 14:35
I mean SVT called SBS Australia and asked them if they would be interested in filming a sequence as to why people from Australia love Eurovision.

And you didn't do it ?

Adrian
24th May 2013, 15:47
He was talking about the segment that was aired in Semi Final 1 about Australia

Quent91
24th May 2013, 15:58
He was talking about the segment that was aired in Semi Final 1 about Australia

xhmm I don't remember it... Or maybe advertising were aired on that moment xshrug

DanielLuis
24th May 2013, 16:17
I know their not part of the EBU but I would like it if they could actually compete as guest contestants in the 60th, 70th, 80th and so editions, either as featured guests or actual contestants. Obviously if they'd win another country would host

Celia
24th May 2013, 19:48
I wouldn't mind to see them with a featuring act one day :mrgreen: ESC has many viewers there and most of the country is culturally European, so why not. Maybe for an interval act!

Yamarus
25th May 2013, 11:28
xhmm I don't remember it... Or maybe advertising were aired on that moment xshrug

It was really great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzgWrSxXZU

Quent91
25th May 2013, 14:32
It was really great!

well now I'm sure RTBF was airing advertising instead of that report :lol:

Realest
6th July 2018, 14:01
I'd like to see the EBU exceptionally allowing Australia to participate for the 60th contest as a special guest and to thank them for their loyalty and faithfulness towards the Eurovision

But it's never gonna happen, though

Unfortunately it did happen :(