PDA

View Full Version : Scotland

Terry
16th May 2013, 09:28
What do you think about the idea that Scotland competing as an independent nation? If Alex Salmond gets his way in Scottish parliament, then they could seperate from the UK.

What Scottish acts would you like to see in Eurovision if this was to ever happen?

I have a few ideas, not sure if any would be any good. Bands like Travis and Franz Ferdinand could be good choices.

GRE
16th May 2013, 11:09
I think that Scotland could bring new fresh air to Eurovision.
But i dont know do they have a broadcaster?They are not even ebu members,this is such a long procedure.

MyHeartIsYours
16th May 2013, 12:03
If they become independent? Yes. Otherwise no.

A-lister
16th May 2013, 13:03
If they become independent? Yes. Otherwise no.

I agree with this, I only think independent recognized states within the European geographical continent (plus the few non- European exceptions that already takes part) should be able to enter ESC.

However, if they get independence, then of course I'm all for them entering ESC! And voila we would get a celtic/anglo-saxic voting bloc aswell :lol:

CC92
16th May 2013, 14:09
^ You really think the Scottish would give any friendly point to the English? xcrazy

anto475
17th May 2013, 19:45
^ You really think the Scottish would give any friendly point to the English? xcrazy

Yeah actually now I'm against Scottish Independence. The English would give their 12 to them rather than to us, can't be having that! :lol:

Scooby
17th May 2013, 20:06
Support Scottish independence and their participation on Eurovision!

doctormalisimo
17th May 2013, 20:25
Yeah actually now I'm against Scottish Independence. The English would give their 12 to them rather than to us, can't be having that! :lol:

actually, we'd get 12 from both. Scotland is 50% Irish (and 50% anti-Irish, but you cant downvote a country), and the rest of GB (England, Wales) has more Irish people than Scottish people. Factor in as well the fact that 50% of Northern Ireland is Irish, that's 24 guaranteed points...

SRBIJA
25th July 2013, 10:50
They are getting closer to independence xcheer Would loveee them in ESC!

LalehForWD
25th July 2013, 15:43
Is there a broadcasting company which is member of EBU? Perhaps BBC Scotland? How freestanding are they? Do they make TV programs and what are their level on skills. Can they manage an ESC win?

LalehForWD
25th July 2013, 15:53
ESC entry for Scotland may very well be answer for these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpPW9OWRWCk

Verjamem
25th July 2013, 18:02
Maybe they will send Del Amitri ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-RmaD2Mic

FrachellyJelly
27th July 2013, 15:38
I'm pretty sure this won't be happening...

Verjamem
28th July 2013, 12:48
Yeah, I think that their representative will be someone non-mainstream.

AshleyWright
7th August 2013, 22:38
Knowing our look, Scotland will join up Scandinavia :lol: Although we could make the new Greece-Cyprus and get boo'ed every year when we announce our border. Theres enough Scots and Brits on either side of the border to make a decent sized Minority.

cassidian
13th August 2013, 00:14
Ha! England would give us nothing!

cassidian
13th August 2013, 00:16
I am a Scot, not a Brit. I want independence, I won't get it. I want Scotland in Eurovision. I won't get it.

tuorem
13th August 2013, 02:54
I don't want to seem rude but, why would it be so important for some of you to enter the contest as Scotland and not the United Kingdom? I don't get it.

cassidian
13th August 2013, 14:32
GRE, we do not have a EBU broadcaster, partly because we are part of the UK, we have three choices if we want EBU membership, BBC Scotland, STV and ITV borders. If we got independence, I would see no reason why we would not apply for EBU membership (probably the BBC Scotland). At the moment, BBC have the rights of Eurovision in all the UK. And if Scotland got independence, no more UK in Eurovision, it would be England, Wale and Northern Ireland. And I have heard Wales are close to following Scotland on announcing independence. And I am sure if Scotland and Wales were their own country, England wouldn't stick with Northern Ireland (there have been small campaigns for EBU membership there as well.) Then there are other matters, would it be England in the big 5, Scotland? None of the UK? Would S4C be Wales' EBU broadcaster, and Voting Blocs. Would the Scotland and England be swapping 12 points? Or would it be Scotland>England>Wales>Ireland>Scotland? Or would they leave England out of the equation. Would Northern Ireland be there own Country? Would they compete in Eurovision? Also, France and Scotland are good "friends", would they give Scotland points .I think we should leave the debate whether Scotland will be in Eurovision until there is the independence referendum, as there are so many factors to think about!

cassidian
13th August 2013, 14:34
tuorem, because at the moment we are the UK, more commonly known as England.

LalehForWD
13th August 2013, 19:55
It's obviously just for fun. At least for us, for you as a Scot it may be painful to see perhaps? :D

What about a Scottish National selection contest which pick say 5 artists to be sent to a UK final for the ESC?

tuorem
13th August 2013, 22:29
tuorem, because at the moment we are the UK, more commonly known as England.

Well, I agree. And what about a 4-year switch? You'd have a Scottish entry every four years, along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland. :) or as LalehForWD said, a national final with participants from the four parts of your country.

MyHeartIsYours
13th August 2013, 22:44
I am a Scot, not a Brit. I want independence, I won't get it. I want Scotland in Eurovision. I won't get it.
Happy days! ::uk

cassidian
13th August 2013, 22:55
Who remembers Lulu? Scottish.

NeonProject
16th August 2013, 00:20
I'd love to see Scotland get independence and I yearn for the day we see Scotland debut on the Eurovision stage.

It would be nice to have a local country to support for once...

penguinperson
23rd August 2013, 11:59
Who remembers Lulu? Scottish.

To be honest I wish I could forget :lol:

anto475
24th August 2013, 21:17
Well, I agree. And what about a 4-year switch? You'd have a Scottish entry every four years, along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland. :) or as LalehForWD said, a national final with participants from the four parts of your country.

that would be really interesting, and maybe a 5th year for someone from the rest of those colonies! Kinda like a Jugovizija for the UK!

MyHeartIsYours
24th August 2013, 23:59
Absolutely daft idea that, we're one nation, our entry shall be of and for the entire nation.

NeonProject
25th August 2013, 15:46
It's a bit hard to be an "entire nation" when we only remember other countries are part of it when it's convenient for us.

GRE
1st February 2014, 19:22
If Scotland would ever enter Eurovision,
how do you think top5 of their televoting and top5 of their jury would be ?

AshleyWright
1st February 2014, 19:38
If Scotland would ever enter Eurovision,
how do you think top5 of their televoting and top5 of their jury would be ?

Jury top would be hard to say, because they're suppose to vote for the song not the country.

But i think top 5 televote will be:

1-United Kingdom
2-Ireland
3,4,5- Poland, Lithuania, Scandinavian countries.

the last 3 in any order.

greece
2nd February 2014, 14:12
I'm not sure...both would vote for
::uk (sure)
::ie (sure)
The else big 5 (::fr,::ge,::es,::it) (60%)
Scandinavian countries (40%)

But I suppose that jury would vote for
1.Else big 5
2.::uk
3.::ie

And televoting
1.::uk
2.scandinavian countries
3.::ie

Sabiondo
24th June 2016, 14:53
I think that in 2018 soon will have ::sc in Eurovision! :mrgreen:

Mickey
25th June 2016, 13:55
2018 may be a little too early. I doubt the second referendum would happen until sometime next year, with Scotland becoming independent in 2018, probably too late to enter ESC.

GianlucaTomoe
25th June 2016, 14:27
I've heard the possibility that Scotland could remain part of both UE and UK. Sorry, but this is the most stupid thing ever. INDEPENDENCE NOW!!!

Alaska49
25th June 2016, 20:24
i don't think remaining part of ue while part of a non-ue united kingdom would be sustainable for scotland. free yourself, scotland!!!!

AuroraBorealis
26th June 2016, 21:30
Sorry, quick question, what is UE?

MyHeartIsYours
26th June 2016, 21:57
My view is the same as it was in 2014.

I hope and pray that Scotland continues to be part of the United Kingdom. But if Scotland regrettably ever did become independent, this year, next year, or in 100 years, I would support them joining Eurovision 100%.

MyHeartIsYours
26th June 2016, 22:36
Sorry, quick question, what is UE?
I think it is the EU but in French "Union Européenne"

AuroraBorealis
27th June 2016, 19:01
I think it is the EU but in French "Union Européenne"

Ah thank you. I forgot that other languages place the words differently :P

tuorem
28th June 2016, 05:23
Ah thank you. I forgot that other languages place the words differently :P

Haha, I thought you were joking about Brexit :lol:

The UK be like: "what is EU? I don't know her" :lol:

AuroraBorealis
28th June 2016, 17:27
Haha, I thought you were joking about Brexit :lol:

The UK be like: "what is EU? I don't know her" :lol:

omg :lol:

I love the EU, i would never shade ha like that. I've actually bought an EU flag to hang in my room.