14 8.8%

11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Lumina

I know! That was the most annoying second of the entire voting sequence.

Germany has a special bond with Sweden! ;)
Look how many times Sweden was in the German jury‘s top 5? Almost every time for decades, often even at 1st.

That said, ISAAK, YESSSSS!!!

I screamed every time I saw points for Germany on the scoreboard. I think the first points we got were like 7 and I gasped. It was almost a shock. And then almost every time we got points, it was so unreal!

I am so happy for Isaak! I loved the song from the beginning and I have always said from day 1 that this won’t come last and that it will do quite well!

mauve

Veteran

@mauve
so… what do you say about my prediction powers? The Gustaph-whisperer stroke again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Can you predict next time a top 10 result? No really, my guess was 18 at best. 12? Was rather a nice dream. But I hope that NDR now doesn't think that they got a good recipe. Don't want next year to return to our usual: "Sorry Germany, zero points." :sick:

ESC94

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Can you predict next time a top 10 result? No really, my guess was 18 at best. 12? Was rather a nice dream. But I hope that NDR now doesn't think that they got a good recipe. Don't want next year to return to our usual: "Sorry Germany, zero points." :sick:

Take a look into your mailbox. ;)

crashworld

Veteran
Germany finishing higher than Greece in the juries was the robbery of the season.

That mess of a performance and non-existent vocals from Greece, she and her fans should be thankful where she was placed.

Germany/Isaak totally deserved the placing with the juries.
Think what you want about the song, but Isaak totally brought it with his vocals.
Even if I didn't particularly like the studio version, the 'live' performance was great. It was a solid performance.

Shadowfuxcs

That mess of a performance and non-existent vocals from Greece, she and her fans should be thankful where she was placed.

Germany/Isaak totally deserved the placing with the juries.
Think what you want about the song, but Isaak totally brought it with his vocals.
Even if I didn't particularly like the studio version, the 'live' performance was great. It was a solid performance.
It's a televised song contest and Germany was the weakest both in staging and song. Yes he has a good voice and that will help him in a couple years when he enters the masked singer or the X factor once he needs to come back to the spotlight.

In the meantime Zari is #1 in Greece, how is the German song charing locally?

Lumina

I noticed you keep on talking other entries down in favour of the Greek entry. Please accept not everyone like the Greek song and not everyone thinks Isaak‘s song was bad!
In my little town "Always on the run" is played everywhere, people‘s houses, shops, local radio. AOTR has been played on the big German radio stations multiple times a day pre contest. We don’t care if he‘s entering the charts. We don’t need that validation like you obviously need for your country.

Shadowfuxcs

I noticed you keep on talking other entries down in favour of the Greek entry. Please accept not everyone like the Greek song and not everyone thinks Isaak‘s song was bad!
In my little town "Always on the run" is played everywhere, people‘s houses, shops, local radio. AOTR has been played on the big German radio stations multiple times a day pre contest. We don’t care if he‘s entering the charts. We don’t need that validation like you obviously need for your country.
Which other entry have I talked down apart from Germany? Just saying for this song to almost be top 10 with the jury is ridiculous. Instead of Greece I could also have used Lithuania or Norway as an example. It was too high.
I'm sure "running" will be a permanent feature in Aldi though.

crashworld

Veteran
Germany was the weakest both in staging and song.
According to who? Televoters didn't give it zero, did they? Juries even ranked Germany's entry higher than your country's drivel of a song. So where in the world did you derive it was the weakest in both staging and song?

In the meantime Zari is #1 in Greece, how is the German song charing locally?
And what has LOCAL chart placement of the song (or any metrics of chart success) got to do with whether Germany's entry deserved a worse placement than Greece's when the discussion is about German's placing in the jury vote.

Please make it make sense and stop diverging.

Last edited:

Realest

List of Fanfavourites in the Past he beat:

2024: :lt::no::at::be:
2023: :at::fr::es::sl::uk::lv:::
2022: :al::at::fr::cy:
2021: :ro::dk::cy::be::sm:
2019: :pt::cy::mt::sl::gr:
2018: :be::gr::mk::fr::bg::ua::hu::fi::pt:
2017: :ee::fi::az::by::am::dk:

Shadowfuxcs

According to who? Televoters didn't give it zero, did they? Juries even ranked Germany's entry higher than your country's drivel of a song. So where in the world did you derive it was the weakest in both staging and song?

And what has LOCAL chart placement of the song (or any metrics of chart success) got to do with whether Germany's entry deserved a worse placement than Greece's when the discussion is about German's placing in the jury vote.

Please make it make sense and stop diverging.
You don't need to be so pressed, I merely stated my surprise about a single result.
Germany's song has been one of the most unpopular of the year since its release, coming towards the bottom in most rankings, odds, and barely being discussed about in general. They even flopped with the televote (18 points).
You even set the bar on Germany not getting 0, so obviously the song is not that strong to begin with.
So it's a bit strange to me how just a few juries had such a massively different opinion compared to everyone else.
And local chart success is absolutely relvevant as that is what most artists are aiming for, since most of the participants will not make it to the international market.
Eurovision is a great chance to start of to bolster their careers in their home countries. So I wonder if the Germans actually like this song, I haven't heard a response apart from anecdotal evidence.

crashworld

Veteran
You don't need to be so pressed, I merely stated my surprise about a single result.
Germany's song has been one of the most unpopular of the year since its release, coming towards the bottom in most rankings, odds, and barely being discussed about in general. They even flopped with the televote (18 points).
You even set the bar on Germany not getting 0, so obviously the song is not that strong to begin with.
So it's a bit strange to me how just a few juries had such a massively different opinion compared to everyone else.
And local chart success is absolutely relvevant as that is what most artists are aiming for, since most of the participants will not make it to the international market.
Eurovision is a great chance to start of to bolster their careers in their home countries. So I wonder if the Germans actually like this song, I haven't heard a response apart from anecdotal evidence.

LOL! I am not pressed. It seems like you are the one who is pressed by throwing digs at Isaak.

Still not addressing the question and diverging with a whole lot of nothingness.
The reasons you gave are all about the popularity of the song.
But still doesn't justify why Germany's song should be ranked below Greece's one from a jury perspective.

Maybe learn to deal that juries just don't appreciate Greece's song as much as Germany's one.

Lumina

So I wonder if the Germans actually like this song, I haven't heard a response apart from anecdotal evidence.

I literally wrote above that we like Isaak in my town. He has won many many new fans due his participation. And chart success is not really important. Lord of the Lost‘s Blood & Glitter wasn’t successful in the official German charts but they are one of Germany‘s most successful rock bands ever with millions of sold albums etc.

Lumina

Isaak went live a few times to talk to his fans and people out there and he is SO FUNNY!! He has this serious dry humour while wearing a serious face expression and everyone asked him if he was sad. That was really funny.

Also, I just read that Isaak was on the iTunes Charts in ARMENIA!! I know, iTunes, but he was one of ten ESC countries only.
That’s crazy! Who would have though he‘s doing so well.

He was #3 in Global Streaming Artists in Germany.

I wish him all the best and I will surely follow his career! He is so LIVING for his music. He is burning to be a street musician / busker - that are his roots and he wants to get back to them. He‘s glowing when he has the chance to play on the streets, that’s so sweet.

Top Bottom