Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

38 24.7%

19 12.3%

18 11.7%

13 8.4%

13 8.4%

10 6.5%

4 2.6%

9 5.8%

3 1.9%

10 6.5%

17 11.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

eerik

Estonian televotes:
nfh07nW.png

I voted
5x :it:
3x :am:
1x :ua: :lu: :es: :gr: :no: :rs:

And of course Ukraine was the only one who got our points...

Kairit

Well, honored to be next to Finland in the scoreboard, both of the acts accomplished what I think they were meant to accomplish in the end. I hope the boys are not too disappointed lol. It's hard to really make it in the final. Especially with a song that's a total non-starter with the juries. Love the random 2 jury points from Italy though. :lol:

eerik

Proud of the boys, but in the end of the day we kind of underperformed. Last place with the jury was compeltely expected (even 0 points wouldn't been a surprise) but I was hoping for televoting top 10 or at least 50 points. We basically only got "friendly votes" + 4 from Croatia.

FitzyUK

Just could not get into this song. Had it 22nd on the night. Great to see something different but was always going to score low with jury

outsynk

I was honestly embarrassed by our entry this year. They looked and sounded like a bunch of obnoxious assholes shouting their way through the entire thing. Considering that they did pretty damn well in the end.

Rubine

I enjoyed this song the most. I can’t understand why it didn’t receive more votes.

I voted for you.

laululind

Eh, it was always going to be an uphill battle to reach very high places, all things considered! :LOL: Jury love was highly unlikely (didn't get a 0 at least!), and this year had so many uptempo televote magnets to contend with. All in all, a nice 20th position is perfectly respectable & reasonable, hope the guys aren't disappointed! :giggle: The main thing is reaching the final, and they did that with flying colors! Hope they had a fun time overall, got some good promo in and made some new friends & acquaintances, despite this Eurovision year being rather.. tumultuous. :LOL: Not an entry that was ever going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it had a fair amount of fans, and it was nice to present something a little different from our usual more beige output. :giggle: I imagine we're going to be back to ballads & pop songs soon anyway, and that's fine too, but maybe it showed some televoters that more unique songs in Estonian can still do well too. :giggle: So all in all a perfectly fine end result for our Eurovision season! Onwards to EL 2025 I guess!

Fluke

Outside of the big names, i actually see this being one of the most discussed entries among "online music nerds who don't really even follow Eurovision", along with Netherlands who didn't even make the final.

It seems people really want ethnic music in the ESC, as it should be. Wouldn't surprise me if they get some calls from rock festivals who tend to feature a certain kind of acts as a novelty, now...

SpiritofKeiino

I LOVED this entry. I knew it wouldn't get much support in the final, personally I'm just delighted that it made it to the final. The guys looked like they were having a ball. Great entry.

Franzilein

Well, now that I got to talk with friends and co-workers, many agreed that this along with Finland were the most entertaining and best parts of this year's Eurovision :lol: Sadly it did not reflect in points, guess I just like to surround myself with people with similar taste.

What remains will be one of my favourite clips this year. They caught the essence of the contest perfectly!

MojVoda

Underrated

Estonia could do better if having a lyrics international people can understand but loses on the charm.

Happy to see the song in the final

Sammy

Veteran
definitely not my kind of humour. but yeah, a song like this apparently has to be in the final.

BernadetteCydonia

I enjoyed it, it might have been very much a victim of Croatia just being the bigger talk of the year (like how Finland took away most points from songs like Germany's and Australia's last year), but I've always had more heart for it than anything else this year. It does bite not knowing just how better it would've looked if Estonia had a bit more of, you know, budget, but I don't think that it would've done much more than it already did, it seems.

henhu

I think 13th place in televoting + 6th in the semi-final (where they were predicted as borderline qualifiers) is kind of a good achievement :) nothing to be ashamed for. Hopefully we do better next year, but I kind of think that we will send generic English songs for the next 10+ years (like after Birgit got 20th in Malmö, ironically).

BernadetteCydonia

It could have been surefire IF and only IF this NQ'd, and it did not, so I better see you not be scared of ever going this fun again. Remember, being overrated by juries (affectionately) only got you 22 televote points last year... 33 is not a lot more, but it made you place better with the televoters overall in the final, so that's something :)

Last edited:

laululind

Well, Alika's overall position was quite a bit higher, thanks to those overrating juries. :LOL: But I think it'll really come down to the songs in the end. Don't think this year's entry being 20th will have any negative effect (being a NQ might have), but I wouldn't expect us to pick fun songs in Estonian every year from now on either. The biggest obstacle is the fact that such songs are simply pretty rare in EL! Most of the time the songs in Estonian are far fewer and less competitive, and the main heavy hitters and televote pleasers are generally in English. And fun songs (that are still well done and catchy and not just LOL WTF weird stuff) don't come by too often either. We shall have to wait and see what next EL editions bring I guess. :giggle: If another song as interesting & catchy as "nendest..." comes along, I have hope our televoters won't shun it. :giggle: But at the same time, if there's a well done pop song or stirring ballad in English, that's fine too (would be nice if more of them were in Estonian, but eh, whatever the singer feels most comfortable with I guess). I wouldn't want us to get stuck in a cycle of picking increasingly lamer novelty entries either, just 'cause one was good and did well or some such. Variety is the spice of life, and picking the best song with good chances to do well should be the goal, no matter the genre. :giggle: So fun song, ballad, pop song, indie, rock.. if it's good, I hope our televoters will see it!

BernadetteCydonia

next year y'all should just pick a rock song because the Måneskin shockwave has worn off. besides, if San Marino ends up in your semi as the other rock song, you guys will have a chance to be better than your competition once again 😀

toinou03

Pretty good result for a very Estonian song. They gave good fun (not good enough vocals for the juries) and people loved them, although no idea what it is about. :-) It was a risky choice and it paid out ! Well done !

Top Bottom